样本容量是多少?
What was the sample size?
我们应该能够看到。
We should be able to see…
一次,两次……
Going once, going twice…
金博尔博士,他是这个阴谋集团的成员
Dr. Kimball, who were the members of this cabal
你打电♥话♥给C-8工作小组?
you call the C-8 working group?
反对。
Objection.
冷静点,德特兹勒先生。
Cool it, Mr. Deitzler.
去吧,金博尔医生。
Go ahead, Dr. Kimball.
代理官员,
Agency officials,
科学界的代表,嗯,利益相关者。
representatives of the scientific community, um, stakeholders.
利益相关者?哪些利益相关者?
Stakeholders? Which stakeholders?
哦,等等,让我猜猜。它和蓬松的东西押韵吗?
Oh, wait, let me guess. It rhymes with bouffant?
杜邦是一个利益相关者,是的。
DuPont is a stakeholder. Yes.
所以,我明白了。
So, I see.
所以,你不觉得这很奇怪吗
So, don’t you find it peculiar that on the eve
在集体诉讼中,
of a class action lawsuit,
杜邦公♥司♥可能被认为有责任
where DuPont might be considered liable
为了毒害这个社区,
for poisoning this community,
他们让你突然来这里
they get you to come in here suddenly
逆转数十年所谓的“预言科学”?
and reverse decades of their so-called heralded science?
那是假的,我不是为杜邦工作的。
That’s false. I don’t work for DuPont.
我没说你做过。
I didn’t say you did.
但是现在你把它提出来,我们一个月后再回来。
But now you bring it up, we’ll check back in a month.
-你的荣誉。-你坦白地说,你要计划
– Your Honor… – You honestly, was gonna plan on
告诉这个社区他们可以多喝150倍的C-8?
telling this community that they can drink 150 times more C-8?
我的意思是,来吧,人们,干杯。
I mean, come on, people, bottoms up.
老实说,法官…
Honestly, Judge…
好吧,德兹勒先生,够了。
All right, Mr. Deitzler, enough.
我们将公布新标准
We’ll be unveiling the new standard
在即将举♥行♥的公开听证会上。
at an upcoming public hearing.
揭幕。哦,听起来像是个派对。
Unveiling. Oh, that sounds like a party.
我们会去的!
We’ll be there!
他们的安全标准,都是假的。
Their safety standards thing, that’s all a sham.
感谢法官的判决,
Thanks to the Judge’s decision,
我们将在法庭上度过我们的一天。
we will have our day in court.
是的,我们会的!
Yes, we will!
因为如果西维吉尼亚州
Because if the state of West Virginia
不会阻止杜邦公♥司♥
won’t stop the DuPont Corporation
从字面上的毒害它的公民,
from literally poisoning its citizens,
然后,我们,公民,将会阻止他们。
then we, the citizens, will stop them ourselves.
晚上好,欢迎来到20/20。
Good evening and welcome to 20/20.
嗯,它把你煮的锅子包裹起来,这样食物就不会粘在一起了。
Well, it coats the pots you cook with so the food doesn’t stick.
它保护你的宝宝爬上的地毯。
It protects the carpet your baby crawls on.
我想念地毯。
I miss carpet.
你的护肤液,甚至你的化妆品。
…your skin lotion, even your makeup.
我们说的是特氟隆。
We’re talking about Teflon.
今晚我们的20/20调查揭开了
And tonight our 20/20 investigation uncovers
关于这种被广泛使用的材料的警示信息。
alarming information about this much-used material.
非常令人担忧,芭芭拉,我和特氟隆一起做饭。
It is very alarming, Barbara. I cook with Teflon.
直到我看了你即将看到的报告,我才知道,
I didn’t know until I watched this report that you’re about to see,
如果特氟纶变得足够热……
that if Teflon gets hot enough…
数以百万计的人在他们的家中。
…millions of people have in their homes.
特氟隆已经变得如此熟悉……
Teflon has become such a familiar…
在服装和汽车中也使用的物质,甚至在隐形眼镜中也是如此。
…Substance that is also used in clothing and cars. Even in contact lenses.
已经在大多数美国人的血液中找到了。
…already found in the blood of most Americans.
在澳大利亚,数以百万计的家庭。Teflon,一个不粘的表面。
…millions of homes across Australia. Teflon, a non-stick surface…
环境保护署
The Environmental Protection Agency
今天早上宣布它已经开始了对化学C-8的优先审查,
this morning announced it has opened a priority review of the chemical C-8,
目前是集体诉讼的主题
currently the subject of a class action lawsuit
反对化学巨头杜邦公♥司♥。
against the chemical giant DuPont.
乔!
Joe!
乔!噢,我的主!乔,等等!
Joe! Oh, my Lord! Joe, just wait!
请等消防部门来,亲爱的!
Wait for the fire department, please, honey!
请不要发疯!
Please don’t go crazy!
在中国消费者中引发了大规模的恐慌。
…have triggered a mass panic amongst Chinese consumers.
把你的不粘锅扔掉,很多专家……
…just throw away your non-stick pans, many experts…
你的锅会让你生病吗?
Are your pans making you sick?
这就是被问到的问题。
That’s the question being asked…
厨房♥用具包在特氟隆。
…kitchen implements coated in Teflon.
房♥子是空的,它是属于我父亲的。
The house was empty. It belongs to my father.
我不知道它是怎么开始的。
I don’t know how it could’ve started.
他叫Kiger?
His name Kiger?
你认为有人可能找错了房♥子?
Think someone might have got the wrong house?
所有这些吵吵的事情都是愚蠢的。
All of this hullabaloo is just silly.
特氟纶是完全安全的。
Teflon is completely safe for cooking.
这就是为什么我们创立了库克健康运动,
That is why we founded the Cook Healthy campaign,
来澄清事实。
to set the record straight.
而且,除了完全安全之外,它也是。
And besides being completely safe, it is also…
复♥制♥那个。
Copy that.
一直往下。
All the way down.
我们现在有记录了。
We’re now on the record.
这是Charles o.Holliday jr.的录像证词,
This is the videotaped deposition of Charles O. Holliday, Jr.,
在Kiger等人的问题上
taken by the plaintiffs in the matter of Kiger et al
杜邦公♥司♥和杜邦公♥司♥。
v. the E.I. DuPont de Nemours and Company.
举起你的右手。
Raise your right hand.
你发誓要说出全部的真♥相♥,除了真♥相♥吗?
Do you swear to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth?
我知道。
I do.
呃,请说出你的名字。
Uh, please state your name.
查尔斯o霍利迪,Jr.。
Charles O. Holliday, Jr.
你现在有工作吗?
And are you presently employed?
是的。
Yes.
你的立场是什么?
What is your position?
我是杜邦公♥司♥的董事长兼首席执行官。
I’m the chairman and chief executive officer of the DuPont Company.
在杜邦最近提交给美国证券交易委员会的文件中,
In DuPont’s most recent filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission,
你说,“基于超过50年的行业经验
you state, “Based on over 50 years of industry experience
以及广泛的科学研究,
“and extensive scientific study,
杜邦认为没有证据表明PFOA导致了
“DuPont believes there is no evidence that PFOA causes
“任何有害的人类健康影响或损害环境。”
“any adverse human health effects or harms the environment.”
你签署了那份法律文件,对吗?
You signed that legal filing, correct?
我不记得确切的说法,但这听起来对我来说是正确的。
I don’t recall the exact statement, but that sounds right to me.
你知道吗,杜邦公♥司♥在自己的文件中,
Are you aware that DuPont has, in its own files,
可以追溯到20世纪70年代的研究结果正好相反?
studies dating back to the 1970s that say just the opposite?
PFOA,或者说C-8,它叫,
That PFOA, or C-8, as it’s called,
对人类健康有潜在的威胁生命的影响吗?
has potentially life-threatening effects on human health?
我不熟悉我们在文件中所做的研究。
I’m not familiar with the exact studies we may have in our files.
那我就带你去看他们,嗯,展览9。
Then I’ll take you through them. Uh, Exhibit 9.
呃,你刚刚拿到了展览9。
Uh, you were just handed Exhibit 9.
-嗯,你看到1979年3月13日了吗?-是的。
– Uh, do you see the date March 13th, 1979? – Yes.
-你看到上面的杜邦标志了吗?-是的。
– Do you see the DuPont logo at the top? – Yes.
-你看到这个词了吗?-是的。
– Do you see this word here, highlighted? – Yes.
-你能帮我读一下吗?-“受体”。
– Would you read it for me, please? – “Receptors.”
你知道那个词指的是什么吗,受体?
Do you know what that word refers to, receptors?
在这种情况下,我没有。
Um, in this context, I do not.
它的意思是人类。
It means human beings.
杜邦指的是男性和女性
DuPont refers to the men and women
你的公♥司♥将C-8作为受体。
that your company exposed to C-8 as receptors.
在这些受体中,你的科学家发现,
And in these receptors, your scientists found,
“过敏性内分泌的显著增加”
“significantly higher incidents of allergic endocrine
“还有代谢紊乱。”
“and metabolic disorders.”
以及“发展肝病的过度风险”。
As well as, “excess risk of developing liver disease.”
-你看到了吗?-是的。
– Do you see that? – Yes.
此外,你在特氟隆有不孕症。
Moreover, you have infertility at Teflon.
白血病的发生。
Occurrences of leukemia.
你有过量的癌症。
You have excess of cancers.
膀胱,肾脏,口腔,咽部。
Bladder, kidney, oral, pharynx.
下一段,78。
Next paragraph. 78.
你看到那个标题了吗?你看到那个日期了吗?你看到了吗?
Do you see that heading? Do you see that date? Do you see that?
展示96。
Exhibit 96. Exhibit 53.
我想继续研究先天缺陷。
I’d like to move on to birth defects.
我们已经走了差不多七个小时了。
We’ve gone almost seven hours.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!