约翰
Johnny!
好久不见了
It’s been so damn long…
我还以为你忘了卡尔叔叔了
I thought you’d forgotten your Uncle Karl.
你这小坏蛋
You son of a gun!
卡尔叔叔?
Uncle Karl?
等一下
Wait.
那是我吗?
Is that me?
是啊
Yeah.
我在贝壳海滩长大?
Shell Beach is where I grew up?
我说过了
That’s what I said.
贝壳海滩 你的家乡
Shell Beach, your hometown.
我要到那去 卡尔 要怎么过去?
I need to get there, Karl. How do I get there?
我不知道
I don’t know.
我有好些年没待那了
I haven’t been there in years.
想想 你一定记得的
Come on. You must remember.
一定会有点印象
You gotta have some idea.
想一想
Come on!
约翰 对不起
Sorry, Johnny.
老了 脑筋不中用了
The old cracker barrel ain’t what it used to be.
那里好亮
So bright there.
光明的时代吧 我想
Brighter times, I guess.
你老爱在本子上乱涂乱画
You were always scribbling in that damn book.
那是我和你♥爸♥爸
That’s me and your pa.
多帅的两傻瓜
What a couple of handsome fools.
我父母怎么了
What happened to my parents?
他们现在在哪里?
Where are they now?
他们去世了 约翰
They’re dead, Johnny.
房♥子起火 他们被烧死了
They died when their house burnt down.
我把你养大
I looked after you.
你真的都不记得了?
You don’t remember that, really?
那是什么?
What’s that?
那是什么?
What is that?
那是伤疤
It’s a scar.
火灾中你的手臂烧伤很严重
You burnt your arm pretty bad in the fire.
这是什么意思?
What does it mean, Johnny?
意思是 这些都是谎言
It means these are all lies!
你为什么来这 默多克夫人?
Why are you here, Mrs. Murdoch?
我丈夫告诉我他曾来过这
My husband told me he’d been here.
他告诉我他想考验自己
He told me he wanted to test himself…
想知道
see if he was…
他是否…
capable of…
我想来和她谈谈
I wanted to talk to her.
我想也许她能帮我找到她
I thought maybe she could help me find him.
呆在这 我打电♥话♥通知警局
Stay here. I’m gonna call the station.
是的 我是巴姆斯泰德
Yeah, this is Bumstead.
请让验尸官到1440号♥…东边 对
Send the homicide coroner to 1440… East, yeah.
又死了一个
There’s been another one.
一样的手法 你来了再跟你细说
It’s the same pattern. I’ll explain when you get here.
噢 天啊
Oh, God.
没事的 我不会伤害你
It’s OK. I won’t hurt you.
没事的
It’s OK.
她从哪冒出来的?
Where the hell did she come from?
我看到她藏在里面
I found her hiding.
她都看到了
She saw what happened here.
你要回家吗 默多克夫人
Are you ready to go home, Mrs. Murdoch?
探长要送我回去 谢谢你
The inspector is gonna take me. Thanks.
它真漂亮
It’s beautiful.
是我妈妈送给我的
It was a gift from my mother.
她刚去世
She died recently.
我随身带着它来纪念她
I keep it with me to remind me of her.
抱歉
I’m sorry.
奇怪的是
It’s a funny thing, though.
我记不清她什么时候送给我了
I can’t remember when she gave it to me.
这种事情我怎么会忘记?
How do you think I could forget a thing like that?
你有常常回想过去吗 默多克夫人?
Do you think about the past much, Mrs. Murdoch?
到底发生了什么 探长?
What’s happening, Inspector?
我也不知道
I’m not sure I know anymore.
你的房♥间我原封不动
I left your old room like it was.
你今晚在这睡吧 好不?
You can sleep here tonight, huh?
真高兴看到你回来 约翰…
Glad to have you back, Johnny…
就算你只回来一晚
even if it is for just a night.
卡尔
Karl.
那钟准吗?
Is that the right time?
当然了 怎么会不准
Why, sure.
买♥♥来后一向很准
That clock’s kept perfect time since I bought it.
上午还是下午?
A.m. Or p. M?
你在想什么 约翰?
What do you think, Johnny?
我不明白 为什么现在就是晚上了?
I don’t understand. How can it be night already?
白天发生了什么 我怎么会不记得?
What happened to the day? How’d I miss it?
你太累了 什么都有可能
You’re tired. Anything’s possible.
这样吧…
Look…
你先去睡会 明天起床再来搞清楚
get some sleep. We’ll straighten all this out tomorrow.
贝壳海滩指南 约翰·默多克著
“Gulde to Shell Beach by Johnny Murdoch.”
噢 怎么什么都没
Oh, come on.
– 喂?- 艾玛 他在我这
– Hello? – Emma, he’s here.
他的举止很怪异
He’s acting mighty peculiar.
我知道 他已经不是他了
I know. He’s not himself.
设法留住他 我马上过去
Keep him there, and I’ll be right over.
– 我试试 – 谢谢你 卡尔 再见
– I’ll try. – Thanks, Karl. Bye.
约翰
Johnny.
我没法给出承诺 默多克夫人
I can’t promise anything, Mrs. Murdoch.
得看情况
We just have to play it as it comes.
约翰 我们只是想帮你
Johnny, we just wanted to help.
卡尔
Karl.
卡尔叔叔
Uncle Karl.
约翰 如果你有麻烦
Johnny, if you’re in some kind of trouble…
我们能一起帮你
well, maybe we could do something.
好久不见你了
Haven’t seen you in so long.
是的
Yes.
默多克先生 你惹了不少麻烦
Mr. Murdoch… you’ve been the cause of much distress.
– 从实招来 – 没必要这么做
– Start talking. – There’s no need for this.
你无路可逃
There’s no escape.
城市是我们的 我们创造了它
The city’s ours. We made it.
你在说什么?
What are you talking about?
我们用偷来的记忆创造了这座城市…
We fashioned this city on stolen memories…
不同的年代 不同的过去融为一体
different eras, different pasts all rolled into one.
每晚对它进行修改和完善
Each night, we revise it, refine it…
为了学习
in order to learn.
学习什么?
Learn what?
你 默多克先生
About you, Mr. Murdoch…
你和你的同类
you and your fellow inhabitants…
学习什么使人之为人
what makes you human.
– 为什么?- 我们得像你们一样
– Why?! – We need to be like you.
我现在很了解你 默多克先生
I understand you now, Mr. Murdoch.
我记得你已经忘却的…
I remember that which you do not…
你已经忘却的往事
what you’ve been missing.
海洋 是的…
The ocean, yes…
小时候在海边的玩耍
running along the waves as a child…
与艾玛在河边的相遇
meeting Emma at the river…
还有难忘的初吻
That first kiss that followed.
你到底是什么
What are you?
你已经知道我们是什么了
You’ve seen what we are.
死人是我们的容器
We use your dead as vessels.
上车
Get in!
那她呢 有印象吗?
What about her? Ring any bells?
我离开时她还活着
She was alive when I left her.
那这个呢?
What about this?
这什么都不是 这个…
This is nothing. This is…
肯定意味着什么 这些图画
It must mean something, all those pictures.
什么图画?
What pictures?