“I’ve got the snake.
我不要他去找别人
So, you know, you can’t go to anybody else…
因为我知道怎么弄蛇“
…because I know how to work with a snake.”
那是条缅♥甸♥蛇,很酷的一条蛇
The darling was a Burmese python, and he was a very cool snake.
差不多八岁大,它拍起片来表现很棒
He was about 8 years old. He did those scenes just perfectly.
我认为她综合了很出色的体态爆发力
I thought she was a very impressive combination of physical power…
以及女人味和性感,她的肢体极具爆发力
…feminism, to great sexuality. She’s really powerful physically.
她整个女性胴体感觉真的很棒
As a whole physical female type, she’s great.
要找人演魁梧女子,她是最适合的人选
If you’re gonna cast an Amazon, there she is.
身手非常矫健,所有女孩子当中身手最厉害
Very athletic. And really, of all of them, the most athletic…
最能在各种情况下做出表现的一个
…and the most able to perform whatever feats had to be performed.
绝对是一个蛇蝎美女角色
Definitely the femme fatale. I mean, l–
我刚好符合这角色的要求
I sort of really fit right into that.
我当然会被选中去演
So, you know, of course I was going to be cast…
有点危险性的角色
…as someone that was slightly dangerous.
她是女超人。 她被塑造成像个男人一样强壮
She was Superwoman. She was built to be as strong as a man.
她是个神力女超人,她的体力就像男人一样强壮,几乎像个机器人
And, I mean, like, almost, you know, machine-like.
但是仍带有女性的娇柔
And yet there was a femininity there.
雷德利和我经常讨论这些事,她是个很坚强的女性
And Ridley and I talked about this a lot. About– She was just a survivor.
我认识艾迪有好一段时间了
Eddie I’d known for a long time.
我把他带去见雷德利
And I brought him in to meet with Ridley.
是艾迪想出要演一个多重国籍
And it was Eddie’s idea to play a multinational…
多重族裔,多国语言的角色,一个有自己语言的角色
…multiethnic, multilingual character who had a vocabulary of his own.
那很有意思,因为艾迪问:“这城市语是哪种语言?”
That was tricky, because Eddie was saying, “What’s this Cityspeak?”
所以艾迪逼等我做出世界语的安排
So Eddie, God bless him, drove me crazy coming up with ideas of Esperanto…
以及说话的韵律感
…and rhythms of speech…
事实上他所要讲的话,内容辞意
…that actually vaguely dovetailed and made sense into what he had to say…
就戏剧效果而言很模糊不精,他对这方面很执着
…in terms of the drama. He was absolutely obsessed with that…
很坚持要搞对
…getting that right.
城市语在剧本里并未确切描述出,至少编剧们没写得很清楚
Cityspeak was never nailed down on the page, at least not by the writers.
那是艾迪·奥莫斯的点子
That all came from Eddie Olmos.
艾迪在准备诠释加夫这角色的同时
Eddie, during his preparation for the role of Gaff…
还去洛杉矶的贝立兹语言学校
…went to the Berlitz School of Languages here in Los Angeles…
上过几堂课
…took some lessons…
并学到几个匈牙利语、德语、法语的主要词汇
…and found out some key phrases from Hungarian, German and French…
加入他所谓的城市语里
…that he then rolled into what he considered to be Cityspeak.
那便是他对德卡说的话
And that’s what he’s talking to Deckard…
就在影片开场,面摊子那场戏里
…at the beginning of the film at the noodle bar.
主要是匈牙利语
And it’s primarily Hungarian.
听说 银翼杀手 在匈牙利电影院播出时
And I’ve heard that when Blade Runner plays in theaters in Hungary…
观众都看得哈哈大笑
…there’s an enormous laugh.
马命根子!你说的
你就是……银翼杀手
他说你是银翼杀手
He say you Blade Runner.
只要他能明白我的意思
As long as he went along with my understanding…
明白正在发生的一切
…of what was going to be happening…
爱德华·詹姆斯·奥莫斯,加夫饰演者
也就是洛杉矶的文化效应
…which was the culturalization of Los Angeles…
通常大家并不会料到这种事情
…in a way that people wouldn’t be expecting.
他打从一开始便很能接受这样的安排
And he went with it right from the start, from the get-go.
他马上就点头答应
And he said, “Sure, that sounds right.”
很理所当然的样子
He’s very matter-of-fact.
让我能够自♥由♥地探索我的世界
And that really allowed me to then explode in my own world.
他从未质疑过
He never questioned it.
当然,还有在拍片的那个时候
Of course, I guess the powers that be at that moment…
没有人知道我到底在讲什么
…questioned the fact that nobody knew what I was saying.
我一点也不在乎
And I could care less.
因为我知道我自己讲的每句话都对
You know, because I knew that what I was saying was correct.
对白正确无误
And it was… It was real dialogue.
如果他想放上字幕的话没关系
So if you wanted to put the subtitles, it was up to him.
基本上我认为那并不需要
I basically didn’t think you needed those.
他有时感觉很像西班牙人
He would be very, very Hispanic.
穿着打扮像个阔绰的毒枭
Could almost be dressed as if he was a well-to-do drug dealer.
但他事实经营着见不得人的低级工作
And, in fact, was the manager of all the dirty work for the department.
加夫这名字挺好的
The word Gaff is a good name, actually.
他很费心思打理自己的外表
He groomed himself obsessively, actually.
还很有效率
And efficiently.
他会变换眼神
He changed his eyes…
但最了不起的是他一口奇怪的语言
…but the most elaborate was this curious gutter speak…
是他一手导演或说是他自行创造出的
…which he helped put together or maybe even invented mostly.
他投下许多心思与功夫诠释这个小角色
It’s a huge amount of work by him put into not a very big part…
效果出奇理想
…but very effective.
现在回顾当年,那是一个了不起的卡司阵容
Today, as we look back on it, it was an extraordinary cast.
我熟悉这群人,雷德利会和这些人见
Then, it was a cast who I knew, and who Ridley was meeting…
雷德利引导他们演出这部片子
…and who Ridley would guide through the film.
他激发出他们最完美的演出
He brought out the best qualities in his performers.
拍摄过程或许不那么尽人意
It may not have always been the most pleasant process…
但是他却也诱劝他们
…but on the other hand, he coaxed…
诱哄这些人拿出最理想的表现
…and very gently manipulated performances from these people…
我认为那很难被后人迎头赶上
…that in some instances I think they’ve rarely topped.
布莱恩·詹姆斯,莱昂·科瓦尔斯基饰演者
设计未来
经典的开始
I saw a very large canvas.
我看到很大的帆布
劳伦斯·G·波尔,美术设计
I saw a very eclectic canvas where basically we were gonna make our own rules.
我看到一块很特别的大帆布,基本上我们自订规则
Art direction, set design, I think generally was one massive challenge.
美术指导、场景设计,我想那都是一大挑战
But evolution told us it had to be this much money.
但进化告诉我们,它的规模就是得这么大
雷德利·斯科特,导演
We had to make it on a backlot.
我们得在露天片场拍摄
Michael had a saying that when Ridley takes out the pencil it’s hundreds of dollars
迈克尔常说当雷德利拿出铅笔时,那就要花几百块
and when he takes out a pen, it’s thousands of dollars.
当他拿出钢笔时,那就得花几千块
大卫·L·斯奈德,美术指导
Ridley was over here, hunting around for people to work on this film that he’d agreed to do.
雷德利在这里找人,拍摄他答应接下的这部电影
I went over and had a meeting with Michael Deeley, Ridley Scott
我过来跟迈克尔·迪利和雷德利·斯科特开会
I think, Ivor Powell and John Rogers.
还有艾弗·鲍威尔及约翰·罗杰斯
And got the script handed to me called Dangerous Days.
把剧本拿给我,它叫做 危险的日子
席德·米德,未来视觉艺术家
Isn’t it fortunate it wasn’t used?
没有用过它,我们很幸运吧?
And took it home and started to do sketches.
我将它拿回家开始画素描
And started to submit work to Ridley
开始跟雷德利埋首于工作
and then Lawrence Paull was hired.
那时我们雇用了劳伦斯·波尔
I was the first hire on the staff.
我是第一个受雇的人
A futurist, Syd Mead, was one of the great illustrators of industrial objects.
未来艺术家席德·米德,是最会画工业物品的插画家之一
Cars, electric irons apartments, skyscrapers, cityscapes.
车子、电熨斗、公♥寓♥、摩天大楼跟市容
Urban development.
都市发展
And I’d looked at this.
我看着他的画
Started looking at them as if they were fantasy.
我开始看着它们把它们当成是幻想
Now, Syd was actually a great preview on where we’ve gone now in Tokyo
席德非常清楚的预视东京现在会如何
in– I’ve just been to Shanghai. In Shanghai, certainly.
事实上他去过上海
The way the urban development is going.
都市发展蓬勃兴盛
Syd absolutely had it nailed.
席德都抓到了精髓
And I didn’t know that at the time.
当时我并不知道
I just felt he did.
我只觉得他办到了
And I brought him in for a meeting and said:
我请他来开会并且说
“Look, we gotta do it this way.
“听着,我们得这么做
I’m gonna be on the backlot we’re gonna do the best we can.
我要到露天片场,我们得尽力而为
We have a limited budget.
我们的预算有限
I can’t make things…” Like Stanley took–
我无法做出斯坦利那样的东西”
At the time, I think, 2001 for the time was expensive.
2001:太空漫游 的成本一定很贵
But he’d actually made everything including the centrifuge wheel
但他什么都做了包括离心转轮
and it all worked and I would never have the budget to do that.
他们成功了我没有预算那么做
That’s why the idea of retrofitting things came about.
所以我们想出翻新的点子
It would have to be retroed to the surface of the backlot which had traditional buildings.
我们得翻新露天片场表面,本来它是传统建筑
Upon which we would put pipes and ducts.
我们得加上管线
And air conditioning.
跟空调
And one famous architect years later stopped me and brought me to his offices
数年后一位知名建筑师拦下我,邀请我去他的办公室
his rather superb offices in London and said to me:
他在伦敦的高级办公室里,跟我说
“We run Blade Runner about once a month.”
“我们每个月播一次 银翼杀手 ”
Because he said, “When I saw Blade Runner
因为他说:“我看 银翼杀手 时
the evolution of the beauty in technology suddenly became very apparent.”
美丽和科技的进化突然间变得很明显”
Which is where the building and where the guts on the outside
也就是建筑跟外面的装置
and the guts become part of the decoration.
装置成了装饰的一部分
So that’s the way we’d gone with Blade Runner, so it was by necessity we actually kind of started to design it that way.
我们那样子设计 银翼杀手,所以我们一定要用那种方式开始设计
Syd Mead, although his visual influence on Blade Runner was indeed great
虽然说席德·米德对 银翼杀手 在视觉上的影响相当大
保罗·M·萨蒙, Future Noir: The Making of Blader Runner 作者

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!