So I was probably a little scared.
她的样子如此完美,如此清♥纯♥,恰到好处
She just came across so perfectly superior and so right.
美若天仙
And utterly beautiful.
她美得像是人造的
I mean, she could be an android.
她很有可能是人造出来的
She may still be an android, for all I know.
我记得第一次试镜是在一辆小拖车里
And I remember the first audition was in a small trailer…
在二十世纪福克斯的停车场
…on the 20th Century lot.
在原本的剧本里
Originally, in the screenplay…
普莉斯应该要挂在吊环上
…Pris was supposed to be sort of dangling on these rings.
达丽尔·汉娜,普莉丝饰演者
练体操的那种
You know, the gymnastic rings.
可是那场打斗戏并没有任何与体操相关的东西
And there wasn’t any kind of gymnastic stuff incorporated into the fight.
只是在体操馆里罢了
It was just taking place in a gymnasium.
我从前小时候是学校体操运动员
And so I had been a gymnast as a kid in school…
我便向雷德利建议我可以做点体操动作
…and so I suggested to Ridley that I could do gymnastics…
将体操动作加进我的打斗戏里
…and that maybe I could put that into the fight sequence.
我记得他那里还问我什么是体操动作
And so I remember he asked me to show him what gymnastics meant…
秀一点给他看
…and what that was.
我便做了几个后翻动作给他看,就在拖车里
So I did a back walkover or something like that for him in the trailer…
就是这样
…and that was it.
我见过达丽尔,达丽尔很好
I’d met Daryl, and Daryl was pretty well it.
一见到她,我立刻喜欢上了达丽尔
I liked Daryl immediately on meeting her.
她的身材体格十分完美
She’s kind of, you know, perfect physically.
她很聪明。非常古灵精怪
She’s bright. She’s got this quirky side to her.
我们被叫来做试镜
We were called to do screen tests…
普莉斯试镜
当场还有其他四名等着试镜的女演员
…and there were four other women who were testing for the part.
她们和我截然不同
All completely different from me.
你叫什么名字?
What’s your name?
普莉斯
Pris.
史黛西·内尔金长得很美,很娇小
Stacey Nelkin, perfect, tiny, you know?
一头卷发,脸蛋很甜美
Like, little curls and the most beautiful face…
身材又很棒
…and this, you know, va-va-voom body…
体形娇小的完美身材
…but, like, small and perfectly proportioned.
史黛西·内尔金
我记得片场烟雾很浓
I do remember the set being exceedingly smoky.
和在酒吧里不一样,还更糟。至少在当时是如此
It’s not like being in a bar, it’s worse. At least in those days.
那一定是雷德利安排的
Ridley must have said that was part of it.
片中当时想表现出大环境已经影响到肺部的健康
The environment had already started to, you know, break down the lungs…
那一类的事情
…and all of those things.
每个前来试镜的人都有机会塑造自己的角色
Everybody who was screen testing got to create their own character.
有机会和化妆组碰面
You know, had days to meet with the Makeup team…
还有服装组
…and the Wardrobe team.
我记得我找到了那顶假发,在一个装满东西的篮子里
And I remember I had found that wig in a basket full of stuff.
看起来很酷,所以那角色便从那顶假发开始设计
And, you know, it looked cool, and then kind of built from that.
我看过沃纳·赫尔佐格导演的 诺斯费拉图
And I had seen Werner Herzog’s Nosferatu…
诺斯费拉图,吸血鬼形象
我记得那油灰盖住的眉毛
…and I remembered the sort of puttied-out eyebrows…
眼睛弄成黑眼圈,像克劳斯·金斯基的那种空洞眼睛
…and then the black circle– You know, black hollow eyes of Klaus Kinski.
克劳斯·金斯基,波兰裔德国男演员,与沃纳·赫尔佐格是好友
我的造型灵感便是从那儿来的
And so I was inspired by that kind of.
我盖掉我的眉毛,然后涂黑我的眼圈
And so I puttied out my eyebrows and did that sort of black thing on my eyes.
试镜过程持续了整整一天一夜
The screen-test process was an entire day and night.
还起了个大早做头发、化妆做造型等
I think it was a pretty early call to get in Hair and Makeup and everything.
我们大家彼此没有太多沟通机会
And we were pretty much kept isolated from one another.
整个制♥作♥流程非常严谨
It was very, very well and thoroughly produced.
摄影棚有个很大的晚餐布景
They had a big dinner set on the sound stage…
就像拍片的午餐放饭的地方
…like they do on, you know, movie lunch breaks.
我便跑去那里
And I actually went in for that.
那是我第一次见到其他女孩
And that’s the first time that I got to see the other girls.
莫妮卡·梵·德·冯看起来像个洋娃娃
And Monique van de Ven looked like a doll.
她的那个样子就好像
And, you know, she was all, like, sort of…
一个崭新的洋娃娃
…beautiful new doll woman.
而我就像个怪胎
And I was like a freak.
不折不扣的怪胎
I was like a total freak show.
我像个大巨人,因为我穿着很高的鞋子
I was, like, giant because I had these big platform shoes on…
丝♥袜♥全是破洞,还有那顶怪假发,黑眼圈
…and ripped-up stockings and this fright wig and, you know, black eyes.
我就开始哭了
And I just started crying.
我只是个十几岁的女孩。我环顾四周,我想
You know, I was a little teenage girl. And I just looked around, I thought:
“噢,天哪,我把自己变成了一个怪物”
“Oh, my God. I’ve made myself into a monster.”
而其他人都看起来那么美
And everybody else looked so beautiful.

Hi.
雷德利当初没料到我个子这么小
Ridley just didn’t think, because I was so tiny…
根本不可能打败哈里森·福特
…that I could conceivably beat up Harrison Ford.
他想的没错。 这点我承认
And he’s right. You know, I mean, I buy that.
所以我当时很失望没错
So that was, you know, the big letdown…
因为当时我认为一定是我,和其他几个人能拿到角色
…because I do think it was down to me and, you know, just a few other people.
我想当时还有一点时间
I think there was a bit of time that passed…
他们便决定再加入一个书里原有的角色
…before then they decided they wanted to add this part that was in the book…
即第五个复♥制♥人,玛丽
…of this fifth Replicant, Mary.
玛丽这个角色很棒
And Mary was a fabulous part.
有一场很美的戏。 她当时快死了
There was a beautiful scene. She was dying…
她非常脆弱
…you know, and she was extremely vulnerable.
她已经完全崩溃了
She had already completely broken down.
当时刚好遇上编剧罢♥工♥
At the time, the writers’ strike had happened.
情况很糟。每个人都去当纠察抗♥议♥
And it wasn’t good. Everybody was picketing…
谣言四起,当时时机真的很糟糕
…and, you know, rumors, and, you know, it was a very bad time.
我打电♥话♥给迈克尔和他讨论
And I was calling Michael and actually talking to him on the phone.
他说:“亲爱的,我们还没写到你的角色”
Him saying, “Well, darling, you know, we haven’t gotten to your part yet.”
“罢♥工♥还在继续,我们——”
And, you know, “The strike has gone on, and we–”
整个局势很不尽人意
You know, and the whole thing. And…
“我们还没制♥作♥到那里,所以我们得把你的部分删掉了”
And, “We haven’t gotten there, and we’re gonna have to cut your part out.”
我当时真的很……很难过
And…it was just… It was devastating.
她当时一定很失望,但是我们必须
God, she must have been so disappointed. But we had to–
我们已经开始排期拍片,我也结束了选角手续
We stared at the schedule– And I’d finished my casting sessions.
大家都就位了
Everyone was in place.
我们看了预算, 我说
–and we looked at the budget, and I said:
“我得删减预算”
“I’ve gotta cut things out.
哪些场景不能盖,哪些档期排不了
We can’t even build this. We can’t even schedule this.”
所以她可以来演后来会死掉的复♥制♥人
So she was– Would be one of the Replicants who would die.
会有个醒来的复♥制♥人
There would be a Replicant’s fu– Wake.
有点像是苏醒过来的吸血鬼,那一定很酷
There was a bit of– Like the wake of the vampires. It would’ve been cool.
到头来他们问我
I was asked at the end of the days…
每个角色最适合的人选是谁
…you know, who I thought was the best for each role.
因为我和她们每个都排练过
Because I’d then rehearsed with each one of them…
所以我对她们的演技有些概念
…so I knew a little bit about how they were approaching things…
我也和她们试镜过
…as well as doing the actual test.
我说我认为:“达丽尔·汉娜演普莉丝最适合
And I said, “Well, it’s hands down Daryl Hannah for Pris.”
妮娜·艾丝洛德演瑞秋最适合
And it was hands down Nina Axelrod for Rachael.
但雷德利说他认为是肖恩·杨演最适合
And Ridley said, “Well, I think Sean Young.”
哈里森大概想再找人
Harrison was probably looking for somebody…
他对用新手感到很紧张
I think he was nervous about a first-timer.
他大概心想
I think he probably did it being:
“糟糕,那这样做呢?那这个呢?她呢?“
“Oh, no. What about this? What about her? What about her?”
我说我都试过了,你不觉得她们太老、太世故吗?
I said, “Well, I tried that. Don’t you think they’re a bit old? Or a bit worldly?
我们要的是较不世故的女演员
We want somebody who’s less worldly.”
我们讨论了一会儿,他的反应不是很能接受
So we went through a bit of that. He wasn’t thrilled.
但是一旦开拍,哈里森真的很敬业
Once it’s on, it’s on. Harrison’s a consummate professional.
一旦决定怎么做,他就会很尽力
Once it’s it, that’s it. You go.
试镜部分结束之后,雷德利说
At the end of all these tests, Ridley said:
“表现太好了。 和你共事真有意思“
“That was terrific. It was fun working with you.”
我说:“太好了。你也是”
I said, “Great. You too.”
然后他说剧中有个角色可以给我
So he said, “Well, I think we got a role in this for you.”
我说:“是吗?是什么角色?“
I said, “Oh, you do? What would that be?”
他说:“是个专门面试这些复♥制♥人的人
He said, “He’s a guy who kind of interviews these Replicants…
是在故事的开场,我们还没想到细节
…at the beginning, and we hadn’t even thought about it.
到时再打给你的经纪人。”我说好
I’ll call your agent and explain it to him.” I said, “Sure, fine.”
结果我很开心结束试镜回家
So I got home, was happy to do the test…
我果然接到一通电♥话♥
…and sure enough, got a call…
要我接演霍尔登这个角色,我觉得简直太棒了
…was offered this role of Holden, which I thought was terrific.
当我从经纪人手中取得剧本后
When I got the script from my agent…
我要打电♥话♥给雷德利说
…you know, I told him to call Ridley and say:
乔安娜·卡西迪,卓拉饰演者
“我要演玩蛇人

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!