原始剧本上有旁白的叙述
There was a voice-over narration attached to the original script.
我对雷德利说,我演的是个不进行侦察的警探
And I said to Ridley that I played a detective who does no detecting.
我们何不将部分旁白内容拿来
How about we take some of this information that’s in the voice-overs…
应用于某些场景
…and put it into scenes?
这样观众便能自行发掘讯息,了解角色个性
And so that the audience could discover the information, discover the character…
透过这角色的一举一动来了解剧情
…through seeing him in the context of what he does…
而不是由旁白来叙说
…rather than being told about it.
有些旁白应用上了,有些没有
And some of that survived and some of it didn’t.
我们花了几个星期围坐在我的厨房♥里
We spent a couple of weeks sitting around my kitchen table…
试图想出解决办法
…trying to find ways to accomplish that.
随后在洛杉矶的会议中
With meetings that followed in Los Angeles…
他的反应很热烈
…he got carried along with the enthusiasm of:
他想再拍一部科幻片
A, doing another science fiction–
他当时已是炙手可热的明星,星球大战、夺宝奇兵
Because he’s on a really good roll now, Star Wars, Indiana Jones.
所以不管拍什么片,都很出奇制胜
So whatever it is, it’s really exotic, okay?
而且别忘了,他还有其他很拿得出手的出色发挥
And don’t forget, he’s had his little taste of other things with the best:
弗朗西斯·福特·科波拉的 窃听大阴谋
Francis Ford Coppola in The Conversation.
弗朗西斯·福特·科波拉的 现代启示录
And Francis Ford Coppola in Apocalypse Now.
虽然戏分不重,但是他毕竟有演出
Teeny things, but nevertheless, he’s been there.
他总是跟大制♥作♥拍片
He’s always been in pretty good company.
现在我却提出一个怪怪的片子
Here I am, coming in with this kind of weird thing…
有点让人搞不清的迂回剧情
…if not a little confounding because it’s not straightforward, right?
很有马洛的影子
It’s very Marlowesque…
克里斯托弗·马洛,英国诗人,剧作家,与莎士比亚同年出生
非常晦暗
…and very dark.
哈里森的人和笑容
Harrison has that loose, wonderful…
带有一点玩世不恭、不经意的感觉
…devil-may-care smile and attitude.
他很有架势,身手矫健
And he has a wonderful presence, he’s a good athlete.
迈克·芬顿,选角导演
哈里森感觉上不拖泥带水
Harrison’s naturally laconic…
机智
…dry wit…
且聪明
…and smart.
所以你最好准备好面对他
So you better be ready.
当我们选角的时候,雷德利在看不同的演员
When we were casting, and Ridley was looking at different actors…
我让他在试片间坐下
…l made him sit down in the screening room…
欣赏 娼妇凯蒂,青葱岁月 和 土耳其狂欢
均为鲁特格尔参演电影
…and look at Katie Tippel, Soldier of Orange and Turkish Delight.
凯瑟琳·哈伯,执行制♥作♥
我说:“这就是巴蒂,你得认清楚”
And I said, “This is Batty. I mean, you’ve got to realize that.”
他说:“当然”
And he said, “Absolutely.”
然后他真的就选了鲁特格尔,甚至从来没有见过他
And he actually cast Rutger without ever having met him.
他这个人总是很奇装异服
He came in– Because he was always a weird dresser, this guy.
他是个大个子,穿着一件紫色尼龙连体衣
He was a big man, and he was wearing a puce nylon jump suit…
一整个拉链从下拉到顶
…it was a one piece zip-up.
一件 KENZO 毛衣,上面有只红眼大狐狸
A Kenzo sweater that had a big fox across the shoulder with two red eyes.
他已经把头发剪成了他认为巴蒂应该的样子
He had already cut his hair the way he thought Batty should look…
短而挺立的金发
…which was the short, short, pointed blond hair.
他戴着埃尔顿·约翰的绿花太阳眼镜
And he was wearing green, floral kind of Elton John sunglasses.
我们很高兴你找到了我们
We’re so happy you found us.
说真的我可以看到雷德利要心脏骤停了
I could literally see Ridley’s heart stop.
“这就是我的刺头了?”
“This is gonna be my tough guy?”
我……
And l…
我说:“雷德利,我可以向你保证,那家伙就是巴蒂”
And I said, “Ridley, I can assure you that the guy is Batty.”
当然,那是鲁特格尔故意跟雷德利开的玩笑
And, of course, obviously, it was, you know, Rutger playing a joke on Ridley…
也许并不是
…or maybe he wasn’t.
然后我和雷德利碰面
Then I had a meeting with Ridley.
那种机会千载难逢
You only have that a few times in your life.
天南地北无所不聊,很开心地享受一顿午餐
You talk about all kinds of stuff, and you’re having a good lunch.
鲁特格尔·哈尔,罗伊·巴蒂饰演者
话题总绕不上正事,但其实也没那么重要
And you never get to the subject, and it doesn’t really matter that much.
但我想最后我说:“雷德利,那 银翼杀手 这部电影怎样?”
But I think at the end I said, “Ridley, so, what about this Blade Runner?”
“究竟是何种风貌?”
You know, “What does it look like?”
他说:“我受过最大的影响之一是
And he said, “Well, you know, one of the major influences for me…
是比拉尔。”这人是法国的一个漫画家
…is Bilal,” which is a cartoonist in France.
我碰巧知道那个漫画家,我就说:“哇哦”
And I happened to know that cartoonist, and I went: “Wow.”
关于角色的讨论是——我想是在我们的第二次谈话
The talk about character was– I think it was almost in the second talk we had…
这在签约之前,我向他解释
…before I got signed on, where I explained to him, you know…
我觉得这角色有趣的地方
…what I thought would be interesting for the character…
我对他说
…and basically saying, you know:
“我可不可以加入其他元素 ?“
“Can I put in all the things that don’t belong there?”
有关人类的一些惊艳元素?
The things that are so amazing about people, you know?
诗意、幽默感
Sense of poetry, sense of humor.
性之感
Sense of sexuality.
童稚感、灵魂感
Sense of the kid, sense of soul.
雷德利说:“那些我都喜欢
And Ridley said, “You know, I like all of them.
我会全部采用,再想办法将这些元素一个个应用进去
Keep them in. We’ll work with them. When we’ll find a way to get…
放进不同的场景里”
…you know, get them out in different scenes.”
那时和今天截然不同
In those days, different from today…
我们在片厂实际进行了几次试镜
…we actually did real studio screen tests.
那些做法程序非常复杂昂贵
And they were quite elaborate, and they were quite expensive.
拍摄的工作人马并不多
And you had a short crew in to shoot them.
瑞秋试镜
很显然雷德利并不满意
And obviously, Ridley was not convinced…
当时女演员的表现
…that any one of our young women was the girl to go with.
我们想找个人,说白了,想找个生脸蛋
We wanted somebody who nobody would recognize, frankly.
新出道的
Somebody completely new.
妮娜·艾丝洛德
我的经纪人打电♥话♥部我一件很奇怪的事,他说
My agent called me with a strange request. He said:
“有个导演,雷德利·斯科特
“There’s this director, Ridley Scott.
他在拍一部科幻片,名叫 银翼杀手
He’s doing this sci-fi picture named Blade Runner…
摩根·保罗,戴夫·霍尔登饰演者
他想让你当哈里森·福特”
…and he wants you to be Harrison Ford.”
我说:“你什么意思,当哈里森·福特?
I said, “What do you mean be Harrison Ford?
你在说什么?”
What are you talking about?”
他说:“他们需要去试拍几个女孩
He said, “Well, they need to test a bunch of girls…
饰演他的心仪对象,还有剧中的另一位女孩
…to be his love interest and another girl in this picture…
他认为你长得有点像他”
…and he thinks you bear some resemblance,” or something.
所以我便答应去试拍
And so I agreed to do it.
结果和雷德利碰面很有意思
And it turned out to be a lot of fun. Met Ridley.
我们去了华纳公♥司♥的片厂
We went to the Warner Bros. stage…
他请每位女演员拍同样的片段
…and he had blocked every girl for the same thing…
所以我基本上是和她们对戏
…so that I was, you know, basically feeding them…
好让她们都能有同等的表演机会
…so it would be an equal treatment kind of deal.
我每次就以同样的方式演哈里森的角色
And I’d be Harrison, pretty much the same way each time.
唯一表现出众而且能立刻带出感觉的
The only girl who departed from the blocking and everything right away
就是肖恩·杨
was Sean Young.
杨说:“我们不要那样做”
Young says, “We’re not gonna do it this way.”
我说:“哦,这太棒了”
And I said, “Oh, this is great.”
雷德利和我都迁就她,我问
And Ridley, you know, indulged her. And I indulged her, I said:
“你要我和这女孩演对手戏吗?”他说:“好啊”
“Fine. Do you want me to play with this girl?” He said, “Yeah.”
我在选角过程中遇到她,她让我想起了
I met her in a casting session, and she just reminded me…
费雯·丽,乱世佳人 女主演员
费雯·丽,不晓得为什么
…funny enough, of Vivien Leigh for some bizarre reason.
我总觉得她具有费雯·丽的强悍感
And I always thought that acerbic toughness that Vivien Leigh had…
除了她的美貌以及独特的气质之外
…apart from being extremely beautiful and quirky, was…
她当初需要的是聪智
An intelligence was what she needed.
我想他当初了解到自己可以拍出一部经典佳人的戏
I think he recognized that he could make a classic-beauty type of picture…
肖恩·杨,瑞秋
由我主演
…you know, with me in it.
我很喜欢她的表现
I like what she did a lot.
不是那种心醉神迷
They were less enamored.
她样子很美
She looked beautiful…
艾弗·鲍威尔,副制片人
但我当时不太确定她的演技能够担任女主演
…but I wasn’t absolutely convinced about her as an actress.
肖恩·杨之所以被选中,是因为在雷德利眼中
Sean Young was cast because she was, in Ridley’s eyes…
她是视觉上最完美的瑞秋
…the perfect Rachael, visually.
他一选中她之后便要我多训练她
As soon as he cast her, he told me that he wanted me to work with her…
好让她可以……让她的表演符合她的外貌
…so that she could– Her performance could match her look.
我记得当初得到演出机会时有点害怕
I remember being a little freaked out when I heard that I got the part.
我记得我还有点沮丧
I remember being, like, almost depressed a little bit.
我知道这反应有点奇怪
I know that’s kind of a strange reaction…
但我想因为我获得演出机会时
…but I think that it was because when I got the part…
我知道我得努力演好那个角色
…l realized I’d have to live up to the responsibility of playing the part
我当时还很年轻
and I was pretty young…
我对自己的实力和其他人的期望都不甚清楚
…and it was very unknown to me what would be expected of me.
所以我有点害怕了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!