我坐在那儿,我大概在猜想
And I’m sitting there, and I must have been going:
因为我从来没听过这档事儿
Because I’d never seen or heard anything like this.
迈克尔·迪利就说:“你现在知道了吧?”
And Michael Deeley says, “Now you know.”
所以整个故事线并非固定的
So we’re in for– You know, this was not exactly sticking with the narrative.
我们要写的是一只随时都可能冒出来的神奇老鼠
We were dealing with this wonderful, wonderful, magical mouse who’d pop up.
以科幻编剧来说,他非常写实
He was kind of very grounded in sort of sci-fi.
他写的对话很棒
He brought in some good dialogue.
我认为他能成功地弥补一些漏洞
I think he was able, quite easily, to sort of fill in some of the holes.
我帮他们编剧时,他们被我写作的速度吓到
I was writing for them, and they were thrilled that I was so fast.
我不断写着,一页翻过一页,像疯子一样
I was writing pages, turning them out…like a madman, right?
他们先前有汉普顿,不过
And they’d had Hampton, but of course…
汉普顿写了不知道多少草稿
…Hampton had only done like God knows how many drafts for them…

…and he…
那些剧情都荒废了
That stuff is wearing and everything…
所以汉普顿是在大概写了十本草稿后
…so we’re talking about Hampton after, you know, 10 drafts.
他们才说,“汉普顿,你为什么不这么写?
I don’t know. “Hey, Hampton, why don’t you try this?
你为什么不那样写?”一改再改让人发疯
Why don’t you try that?” And that stuff makes you crazy.
我在那里那么短的时间,我都快疯了
It made me crazy in the short time I was there.
我改了很多巴蒂的戏
I changed Batty a fair amount.
如果我没记错
If I remember right…
德卡在战斗中在大楼屋顶杀了巴蒂
…Deckard just killed Batty off the top of the thing in the fight.
我记得那些台词:“越过猎户座的肩膀”
But I know some of those speeches– That, “Over the shoulder of Orion”…
是我写的,不过在演员第一次读剧本时
…was me, except for the fact that in the first read-around…
我坐在那儿,演员轮流念稿
…when I sat there and the cast sat at a table and read the script…
鲁特格尔念完后,还继续
…Rutger read that speech, and then went on…
说了好几句关于雨中记忆的台词
…with a couple of lines about memories in the rain.
他像个淘气小男孩般看着我
And then he looked at me like a naughty little boy.
像是要看看编剧是否生气了
Like checking to see if the writer’s upset.
我没表现出我不开心的样子,不过当时我
I didn’t let on that I was upset, but at the time, I was…
我的确感到威胁
…and I was a little threatened by it and all of that stuff.
后来看电影时,那实在是鲁特格尔精采的贡献
Later, seeing the movie, that was a brilliant contribution of Rutger’s.
关于雨的台词,还有雨中之泪的那些台词
That line about the rain, and tears in the rain and stuff.
真的很美,我……那全都是出自鲁特格尔
It’s absolutely beautiful, and I’ve– You know, that’s Rutger.
他们很幸运能找到大卫·皮普尔斯
They had the good fortune to get David Peoples, who–
我后来看到这部电影,我心想
I mean, I see that movie, afterwards, and I think:
“对哦。”我就不会那么写
“Oh, yeah.” And I would have not done that.
大卫知道该怎么写,大卫跟雷德利合作愉快
You know, David knew how to do this, and David worked well with Ridley.
一开始,他只是按照雷德利要求的去写
lnitially, he just did what Ridley asked.
那正是我们当时需要的
Which, at that time, we really needed.
我们需要把剧本写出来
We needed to put the damn script to bed…
因为所有人……只要有事情改变
…because everybody– You know, every time something changes, you know…
就像是种多米诺骨牌效应
…there are kind of domino repercussions.
雷德利后来才发现,在汉普顿的最终剧本上
Ridley found that much later, with the final Hampton script…
在汉普顿写出他认为
…after Hampton had done everything…
雷德利所想要的一切后
…that he thought Ridley wanted…
还是无法像大卫·皮普尔斯一样
…it still didn’t have what Ridley finally felt…
写得如此契合雷德利的意
…he could only get from David Peoples…
后者的剧本更为尖锐
…which was a much harder edge, and really the character…
符合他要的角色和电影的本质
…the nature of the film which he was doing.
我完全错了,雷德利是对的
I was completely wrong, Ridley totally right…
皮普尔斯绝对是正确的
…and Peoples was definitely totally right.
如果没找人改变剧本,就不会有 银翼杀手 了
If that hadn’t happened, there would be no Blade Runner.
脸红心跳
角色大集♥合♥
剧本里没有描述德卡这个角色
Deckard’s character is not described in the script.
任何一位演员都能担纲演出
Any actor could play it, really.
这取决于演员如何来演绎这个角色
It was up to the casting to tell about the character.
迈克尔·迪利,制片人
其中一位出色演员是罗伯特·米彻姆
One of the more interesting one’s that Hampton actually lobbied for was Robert Mitchum.
保罗·M·萨蒙, Future Noir: The Making of Blader Runner 作者
罗伯特·米彻姆
Robert Mitchum, of course…
是 40 年代最典型的黑色电影演员之一
…is one of the quintessential noir actors of the ’40s.
所以我肯定汉普顿也想过这一点
So I’m sure that Hampton had that in mind…
在他想着
…when he was actually thinking about the person…
最终让谁来扮演大荧幕上的德卡的时候
…who would ultimately be portraying Deckard on the screen.
罗伯特·米彻姆在当时还很年轻
Robert Mitchum, at that time, was still young enough…
汉普顿·范彻,执行制片人、编剧
仍壮健强硕能够饰演德卡
…you know, still robust enough to be Deckard.
那就是我想要的人,那正是我编写的角色
And that’s who I wanted, and that’s who I wrote it for.
我便根据米彻姆的角度撰写台词对话
And I wrote dialogue based on my sense of Mitchum.
然后总是会有许多来自各方的意见
There was other– Of course, like always, you know, a thousand suggestions…
像达斯汀·霍夫曼
…like Dustin Hoffman…
那点子有一阵子还挺行得通的
…and that was starting to actually work for a minute.
结果我便开始觉得不对劲
But then I jumped on, you know, whore that I am, or should’ve been:
“如果不能那么做便拍不成……”
“You mean we won’t have a movie if we don’t–?”
他们当初是那么说的。迪利说:“那算了吧”
That’s what they tell you. Deeley was saying, “Then forget it.”
因为我的反应很激烈
Because I was like, “No way.”
现在看来可能很奇怪,但当时感觉这主意不错
Seems strange now, but at the time, it seemed a very interesting idea…
用一个不太有英雄气魄的人
…to have this unlikely, not really very heroic figure…
出演这部邪恶气息很重的电影
…in this rather sinister movie.
当然,当时的想法是
雷德利·斯科特,导演
Of course, the thought was:
“达斯汀固然不是一般人想像的英勇警♥察♥形象
“Yeah, but Dustin is not exactly physically your heroic cop.
虽然他身手矫健,但他并非合适人选”
And although he’s athletic, he’s not the man.”
我说:“他是个很棒的演员,我想让他试试这个角色”
I said, “Yeah, but he’s a great actor, and I wanna go for the character.”
我不认识达斯汀,也不熟悉他当时的工作情况
And I didn’t know Dustin and how he worked in those days…
但我去了纽约,和他约谈了好几个小时
…but I went to New York and met him for hours and hours.
达斯汀主要的兴趣是针对影片的调性
Dustin’s interest was in the nature of the film.
考虑它是否为一部重要的社会电影
It was about whether it was a major social document.
它的作用何在?它如何扩展观众的想象力?
What did it do? How did it enlarge the imagination or whatever, the mind?
在当时牵涉到许多社会议题
And there was a lot of social implications attached at that time.
我们知道后便决定要用达斯汀·霍夫曼
We heard that, well, okay, we’re gonna get Dustin Hoffman.
大卫·L·斯奈德,美术指导
这样安排很理想,如果仔细看分镜板
This will be great. As a matter of fact, if you look closely at the storyboards…
曼陀·许布纳当时已开始描绘影像
…Mentor Huebner was starting to lay in images…
角色模样非常类似达斯汀·霍夫曼
…that were similar-looking to Dustin Hoffman…
不同于他之前绘出的角色模样
…as opposed to the characters he had drawn before.
我们花了几个月的时间和他在纽约
We spent months with him. Months in New York and around the place.
互相熟悉彼此
We all got to know each other very well…
但随着时间的推移,我们越来越偏离
…but the longer we went on, the further and further we got away…
原来的拍片计划以及我们想要的安排
…from the project which we had and the project which we liked.
我们看过许多人。其中很吸引人的是哈里森·福特
We looked at various people. One who seemed attractive was Harrison Ford…
因为他当时并没有拍过类似这样的角色
…because he hadn’t played this sort of person, really…
也受过许多优秀导演的调♥教♥
…and he’d had some very good training under some good directors.
我一直喜欢哈里森·福特
I liked Harrison Ford always.
我是说,我第一次见到他是在 窃听大阴谋,一些关于
I mean, The Conversation was the first time I saw him, and something about–
当然,还有,我们看了 星球大战
And, of course, then we saw Star Wars.
他在 星球大战 的表现很令人刮目相看
And I was really impressed with Star Wars…
他的角色并不好演
… because that’s not easy to do, what he did.
埃罗尔·弗林演的就没他好,那很难演
Errol Flynn didn’t do it as good as he did it, and that’s hard.
他是个超级演员
That guy knew– That guy is a super actor.
超级电影明星
Super film actor.
说来我也挺幸运的
It’s the luck of the draw that I happened to fall into…
因为我拍了几部科幻片,结果票房♥和口碑都很出色
…a couple of science-fiction-type films that were successful.
哈里森·福特,德卡饰演者
我很喜欢我拍的科幻电影
I like the films I’ve made that were basically science fiction.
我觉得那主题很有意思
I found them interesting.
但是我个人对科幻并没有特别的喜好
But I don’t have a particular appetite or taste for it, I don’t think.
我知道他当时人在伦敦工作
I knew he was in London, working in London…
在拍 夺宝奇兵
…doing this thing called Raiders of the Lost Ark.
一开始是芭芭拉·赫尔希向汉普顿芬奇推荐
Barbara Hershey was the one who initially suggested to Hampton Fancher…
找哈里森·福特来演这角色
…that Harrison Ford was someone to consider.
芭芭拉打电♥话♥给斯皮尔伯格问:“那片子剪辑起来如何?”
Barbara calls Spielberg, says, “What’s that like, editing that film?”
斯皮尔伯格说:“他现在是大明星了”
Spielberg says, “Huge star now.”
迈克尔和雷德利飞到伦敦去看样片
The boys, Michael, Ridley, fly to London to look at dailies.
他的表现非常精彩,我们都非常赞赏不已
He just looked fantastic, and we just thought he was wonderful.
都认定就是他了。当时唯一不太对劲的是
We were convinced. The only thing that went wrong was that…
当他走进饭店大厅和我们会面时
…when he came into the hotel lobby to talk to us afterwards…
他戴了一顶帽子,他总是戴那种印第安纳帽
…he was wearing this hat, which he always wore, this lndiana hat.
雷德利很生气,因为他原本打算用那顶帽子的
And Ridley was cross because he had intended to use that hat himself.
我记得当我读剧本时
I remember that I read the script…
我觉得很有趣
…which I thought was interesting.
我当时看的是该片的初版剧本
At the– The first version that I read of it of the film
当时有些问题,我对它有点问题
had some issues– I had some issues with.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!