I felt, when I was watching it, that I was giving birth in public.
我感到非常失望
And I was very disappointed that
这部片没有马上受到爱戴或赞誉有加
it wasn’t absolutely adored and critically acclaimed instantly.
凯瑟琳·哈伯,执行制♥作♥
我真的非常兴奋
I was very excited about it.
那天早上当我才抵达西林区时
When I went out to Westwood that morning.
人们已经排队排了整晚
Because lines had been– They’d been up overnight.
人们睡在人行道上,排队等着进去看
People slept on the pavement, waiting to get in to see it.
不过我对影评非常失望
But I was disappointed with the reviews.
跟现实完全相反
You know, something so totally different.
观众不知道该去还是不该去看
And an audience didn’t know whether to come or not come.
然后他们作出了决定
And then they decided.
许多人看完影评后或者跟其他人讨论过后
A lot of them after reading reviews or talking to other people.
电影在周五晚上上映
It opened on a Friday night.
当晚的票房♥非常盛大
It was huge, the numbers were huge.
接着的周末人们口耳相传,票房♥锐减
And then the word of mouth just that weekend petered out.
周六生意惨淡,周日就完蛋了
So Saturday business fell off, Sunday business fell off.
当然,电影公♥司♥的人,全靠首周票房♥过活
And, of course, the guys at the studios live and die by the opening weekend.
他们打电♥话♥给巴德,巴德打给我
I guess they called Bud, and then Bud called me.
他说:“表现糟透了,好一部电影……让人失望透顶”
And he said: “In the tank. What a… It’s a disappointment.”
我走进戏院
I went into the theater.
伊莎·迪克·哈克特,菲利普·K·迪克之女
大概只有三个人跟我在戏院里
And there were probably three other people in the theater with me.
我已经看过影评
I had already, you know, read reviews.
他似乎只顾构建自己的世界
而不是刻画一个个令人信服的角色
也听过人们的说法
And had listened to what people were saying.
这次的问题就是如此
大部分不是非常正面
Which, for the most part, was not entirely positive, to say the least.
银翼杀手 是一部富有极为有趣的视觉效果的电影
不过故事却乏善可陈
罗杰·艾伯特
1982 年 6 月 2 日
我真的觉得非常失望,人们似乎不懂这部影片
I felt really, really disappointed that people didn’t seem to get it.
当这部片在伦敦首映时,有个女影评家
When the film opened in London, there was a film critic lady.
她当时算是非常有名的影评
She used to be quite a prominent film critic, at the time.
她说:“当我看到这部片时,他们想传达什么?
She said, “When I saw this film, l thought, ‘What are they trying to say?
到处都是污秽、雨跟上百万的人
It’s all filth, rain, millions of people everywhere and all the rest of it.’ ”
这一切当我走出戏院时,走进莱斯特广场时,我走进了 银翼杀手 的世界
She said, “Then I walked out into Leicester Square, into Blade Runner.
没错,这就是这部电影的意旨”
And it made sense. I mean, that’s what it was about.”
这部电影真的很棒
I thought it was really great.
整部片我都喜欢,除了最后一幕,开进黄昏里
I liked everything except the last scene, the driving off into the sunset.
哈里森·福特,德卡饰演者
我不相信那一景,没有说服力
Didn’t buy it. Didn’t believe it.
看起来就像出自另一部电影
It looked like it came from another movie to me.
我在一个平日的下午,约 4 点走进戏院
I went in 4:00 on a weekday afternoon.
大卫·德赖尔,特效摄影总监
我坐在戏院里,只有四个人
I sat down in the theater, and there were four other people.
我的心都碎了
It broke my heart.
我看着这几乎完美的画面
But I looked at this absolutely perfect print
我对我自己说:“总有一天有人会懂的”
and I said to myself: “Someday, someone will notice.”
在我生命的那个时刻,当我第一次看到 银翼杀手 时
That point in my life, when I saw Blade Runner for the first time
我完全被其中的苍凉所震撼
I was really profoundly affected by the bleakness of it all.
我不是很喜欢
And I didn’t really like it very much.
道格拉斯·川柏,特效摄影总监
以电影欣赏的或视觉效果的经验来说
As a moviegoing experience, as a visual filmic experience
我认为这整部片真是精采极了
I thought the whole thing was completely extraordinary.
我记得这部片表现出来的比较像是艺术指导的远景
I remember thinking that it was much more of an art director’s vision
而不是我预期对观众的情绪冲击
than having the emotional impact that I had anticipated it having.
不过当然也是因为我是个演员,比较重感受
Because of course I was, you know, an actor, I was feeling all this stuff.
达丽尔·汉娜,普莉丝饰演者
我希望对影片有一种强烈的情绪反应
So I was expecting to have a very strong sort of emotional reaction to the film.
然而我只是坐在那看着电影
And instead, I was sitting there just sort of watching it.
完全被外观与质感淹没
And overwhelmed with the look and the feel of it.
对我来说我仍未感到情绪上整体的满足感
For me, it still emotionally falls short of total satisfaction.
艾弗·鲍威尔,副制片人
因为我认为其中的情绪的逻辑跟叙述的逻辑
Because I just think there is an emotional logic and a sort of a narrative logic
并未如预期般的真实
that doesn’t run as true as I feel that it should do.
我觉得我们拍出来的片子
And in a sense, I felt that what we made
就跟雷德利一向所拍的片一样美丽
was an incredibly beautiful-looking, as one would expect with Rid–
只是看起来就像艺术电影
But it’s almost like an art movie.
这是第一部科幻艺术电影
It was the first science-fiction art film.
我认为这是最佳的写照
I think that’s a good way to describe it.
这是一部未来的电影,一部科幻片
It is a futuristic film, it’s a science-fiction film.
但是看起来又异常美丽
But it’s beautifully put together.
这部片被当时
It’s really impeccably made by one of–
确实可以说是,最伟大的视觉指导完美地拍了出来
Really, we have to say at this point in time one of the great visionary directors.
你看到一个你从未看过、与众不同的未来
And you really saw a future that looked very different from the futures you had seen before.
非常与众不同
A future that looked very believable.
不只是不同,也不是为了不同而不同
Not only was it different, it didn’t look like it was different just to be different.
就像终于有人知道未来长什么样了
It looked like someone had actually figured it out.
有人看着未来,说:“未来大概就是这个样子”
Someone had looked into the future and said: “You know, it’s gonna probably be like this.”
电影预告片
帝国反击战 跟 夺宝奇兵 这些都是非常强大的营销卖♥♥点
Empire and Indiana Jones those were incredibly strong marketing hooks.
尤其对影迷
Particularly with fans.
杰夫·沃克,市场顾问
所以……既然我们首周票房♥不利
So, I mean, l– We were absolutely disappointed in the opening.
鲍勃之后对我说
But it was Bob who said to me afterwards:
“你可以想象如果我们没拍这部片会是什么样子吗?”
“Can you only imagine how bad it would have been if we didn’t do what we did?”
所有人都认为这部片会受到像 夺宝奇兵 或 星球大战 的一样
Everybody expected a heroic follow-up to Raiders of the Lost Ark or Star Wars.
他们在电视上广♥告♥的方式
And the way it was advertised on television
只有飞车飞越未来都市的视觉效果
with only the visual-effects shots of the flying car going over a futuristic city.
其中的打斗场面
And sort of a fight sequence is–
汤姆·索斯韦尔,美术插画家
没让观众准备好负面的情绪冲击
Doesn’t prepare you for the traumatic emotional side that there is in the film.
让人有种心碎的感觉
It kind of leaves you sort of broken.
当人们看到宇宙飞船
When people see spaceships, they’re–
而我已经拍完一部科幻片
And from me, at that moment, though I’d only done one.
雷德利·斯科特,导演
实际上是科幻片,人们期待暴♥力♥与恐惧
Saying science fiction, I think they were expecting violence, horror.
我们可以说那个暑假有两部片因为
It’s fair to say that there were two films that really suffered that summer
E. T. 外星人 的发行受到重创
from the release of E.T.
那就是 银翼杀手 与 怪形
And they were Blade Runner and The Thing.
这两部非常黑暗的电影却在大家全都在疯 E.T. 的时候出来
We had two very dark movies come out when everyone was absolutely E.T. crazy.
82 年绝对是 E.T. 年
’82, I think, was owned by E.T.
那是一部好电影
It is a brilliant film.
我绝没有贬低的意思
l’ m taking absolutely nothing away from it.
但那绝对是快乐的安慰食物
But it was definitely happy comfort food.
永远都是
That’s, you know– It always will be.
那是快乐电影的最佳典范
It’s one of the best examples of that kind of film ever.
我绝不是随便赞扬来贬低它
I’m not damning it with faint praise.
这是一部好片
It’s wonderful.
但我认为当时所有人都被淹没在这快乐的安慰食物中
But everybody was so plugged into the happy comfort food at that time
因此 银翼杀手 这样的片没有得到一个好机会
that they weren’t giving movies like Blade Runner a chance.
或约翰卡本特重拍的 怪形
Or John Carpenter’s remake of The Thing.
当时影业界的报纸像是 浮华世界 等等
There were people in the trade papers the industry journals, like Variety and so forth, at the time–
保罗·M·萨蒙, Future Noir: The Making of Blader Runner 作者
大约在 1981 年初纷纷预言 82 年暑假会有大伤亡
Starting around the winter of 1981 predicting that the summer of ’82 would have such casualties.
因为一时之间有太多商品出笼
Simply by the fact that there was so much product coming in all at once
无法找到适合的观众群
that they wouldn’t be able to find their audience.
有 星际旅行 2:可汗怒吼
You have Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.
有 吵闹鬼
You have Poltergeist.
E. T. 外星人
You have E.T.
约翰·卡朋特的 怪形
John Carpenter’s The Thing
野蛮人柯南
Conan The Barbarian
疯狂的麦克斯 2
The Road Warrior.
电子世界争霸战
TRON.
甚至还有 洛奇 3
I mean, you even had Rocky III
开放的美国学府
Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
还有 豹人
And Cat People, you know.
查尔斯·迪·罗西瑞卡,修复♥制♥片
最后就是 银翼杀手
And then, amongst that, Blade Runner.
那是 80 年代的开始
It was the beginning of the ’80s.
人们已经厌倦了 70 年代
People were over the ’70s.
当时有许多令人沮丧的事发生
And there was a lot of depressing stuff coming out.
人们只想看到一个乌托邦
And what they wanted to see was a slice of utopia.
人们想看的是快乐的电影
People wanted to see happy movies.
人们想看的是里根向所有人承诺未来是美好的
People wanted to see something where– Reagan promised everybody that the future’s gonna be great.
美国将会再度强盛起来
And America’s gonna be strong again.
经济会再复苏
And the economy’s gonna be great.
雷德利却拍出一部令人赞叹、制♥作♥精美的未来

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!