我们坐直升机飞了六天
凯瑟琳·哈伯,执行制♥作♥
When we got back, you couldn’t see anything
当我们回来后,镜头上什么都看不到
because there was a lot of cloud and a lot of snow.
因为云层过多,还有积雪
So everything we shot was completely useless
所以我们拍的所有镜头都没有用
which is why the final sequence in the first cut of the thing was
这也是为什么在第一次剪辑版本的最后镜头中
outtakes from The Shining.
我们用了 闪灵 剪去的片段
Ridley, being a fan of Stanley Kubrick’s
雷德利是斯坦利·库布里克的粉丝
remembered the footage that opens The Shining.
他记得 闪灵 的开头片段
If I know Stanley, Stanley doesn’t fly.
我知道斯坦利他不坐飞机的
He has never gone to Montana
他从未去过蒙大拿
so he must have done a blanket shoot of every peak in Montana for The Shining
所以在拍 闪灵 时,他肯定地毯式拍了整个蒙大拿山区
using the best helicopter crew.
他一定用了最好的直升机小组
I’ll bet you he’s got weeks of helicopter footage.
我打赌,他一定有可播放好几周的直升机镜头
I got through to him, which in itself is quite something to even get Stanley’s number
我找到他,但光是拿到斯坦利的电♥话♥号♥码就算是一项成就了
because he’s so private even though you’ve worked with him.
因为他非常重隐私,即使你跟他工作过也一样
And he was very receptive, he loved Alien
他很客气,也很喜欢 异形
he liked, he really sort of admired Ridley
他也挺欣赏雷德利的
and said, “Yeah, yeah, yeah.”
就说:“嗯,可以,好的”
But, you know, as long as there’s no footage used that’s actually in The Shining
只要不要用到 闪灵 里的镜头
there’s a lot of outtakes, et cetera
我们有一堆被剪掉的片段等等
and if it’s any good, fine.
如果看起来不错,就用吧
来自 闪灵 舍弃的片段
Within about 17 hours, I had six weeks of helicopter footage.
就在 17 小时之内,我拿到了大约 6 周长的直升机镜头
In trolleys, arrived in trolleys.
在推车里,用一些手推车装来的
It’s a getting-away shot where I have to shoot them on the road
那是逃出的镜头,我必须要拍他们在路上
and just doing this, you know, “Let’s get married” and all that schlocky stuff.
然后要拍出“我们结婚吧”那些烂戏
And I did it
不过我还是拍了
because I figured it might actually affect
因为这可能会影响
what I thought the outcome of the movie would be negative.
因为我认为电影的结局可能会带来负面影响
I better deal with it.
我最好解决这个问题
I didn ‘t know how long we ‘d have together.
我不知道我们还能在一起多久
Who does?
谁知道呢?
I knew then that we were gonna have Vangelis do the music.
我知道我们会找范吉利斯作配乐
And I’d worked with Vangelis before when I did Chariots of Fire.
我在拍 烈火战车 时跟他合作过
So I went up to see him at his studio.
所以我去他的工作室找他
And really that’s how I found this thing, “Green.”
我就这样找到了这首歌♥,“绿色”
You know, the one– It’s like the love theme in the film.
这…就像是电影中爱的主题
“Memories of Green” is eight minutes.
“绿色的记忆”约 8 分钟长
It’s fantastic.
非常优美
And one of the great things the experiences that would follow for me
对我而言最棒的经验是
would be scoring at Marble Arch with Vangelis.
在大理石拱门区跟范吉利斯一起配乐
And most of that, every night I’d go to Vangelis’ studio
我每晚都会去范吉利斯的工作室
and it would be him and maybe one assistant, that’s it
就只有他,也许还有一个助理
in a big, barn-like place behind Marble Arch.
在大理石拱门后,一个像谷仓般的大工作室
When I’d arrive, he’d go, “Come, listen to this.”
我到的时候,他会说:“过来听听这个”
And he would actually say, “Watch.”
他会说:“看着”
And he would actually play, physically, what he was– The recording was.
他会开始亲自弹奏,录音的部分
And as he’s doing it, he’s looking at me, and he’s doing that.
当他弹奏时,他会看着我,一直弹奏着
And it was watching this evolution of this great music.
就像看着这伟大的音乐进化
That’s where I learned about, really, his real art.
我到那时才真正了解到,他真正的艺术
He would– He was an absolute movie fanatic.
他会……他真的是个电影狂热者
He would sit and watch every frame and say
他会坐下来观察每一个画面,然后说
“Watch the actor here, watch this blink.
“看这个演员看他眨眼
I wanna start here, on the blink.”
我想从他眨眼开始”
He’d be that close.
他就是这么精准
All the time I was drawing, I was listening to Vangelis.
当我在作画时,我听的就是范吉利斯
Chariots of Fire, China.
烈火战车 、 中国
And I would play them in my earphones and draw away
我会在耳机里播着这些音乐,继练画
and to hear that music come in and be, you know, drawn into this thing
听着音乐,沉浸入这样的世界
汤姆·索斯韦尔,美术插画家
was, like, magical for me.
就像魔术一般
It was a wonderful experience.
真的是很棒的经验
And, you know, I think you’re into it maybe five minutes
我走进这世界大约五分钟
and I’m no longer involved in looking at my artwork.
我就再也不去看我的画作了
I’m feeling the story
我能感受到这故事
I’m feeling the emotions of the characters
感受到人物的情绪
and lost in the middle of this wild world.
全都迷失在这狂野世界中
You know, it’s so rich and it’s painful.
它是如此丰富又痛苦
I mean, it’s a very bluesy, dark story
这是个非常忧郁、黑暗的故事
and told very compassionately.
却被热情地叙述着
I was in London when the movie was getting scored by Vangelis
当电影配上范吉利斯的音乐时,我人在伦敦
so I’d seen a lot of the footage and I just–
所以我能看到很多片段,很多……
I mean, it just made me weep.
让我潸然泪下
乔安娜·卡西迪,卓拉饰演者
The beauty of it was– It was just extraordinary.
其中的美丽……实在太惊人了
Ridley talking about his images
雷德利谈到他想要的意象
and how he wanted this to be and what he wanted it to look like.
希望电影呈现出来的样子
And it all happened.
全都成功地呈现了出来
It was very sweet to see that come together.
这真的很棒
I knew somewhere that it was not– Shouldn’t be a disappointment.
我知道这部片不会是……不会让人失望
I knew somewhere that I had done something pretty good.
我自己大概知道我拍了一部还算不错的电影
It was then about, “Well, I’ve done it. I don’t know what else to do.”
我觉得:“我拍完了,我不知道还能做什么了”
So we released it
然后我们发行了电影
and the rest is history.
其余的事大家都知道了
正反两极
反应与复活
这部电影的主题很晦涩
It was a very tough subject matter.
我们讲的是复♥制♥人,就是机器人
We were talking about replicants robots, if you will.
杰里·佩伦乔,投资人
当你想象当时跟现在之间的差别
I mean, when you think what’s happened between then and now.
我不断想到洛杉矶
I think L.A. more and more–
当我走在闹区里时,这个城市越来越像 银翼杀手
I mean, whenever I walk around downtown l think this is becoming more like Blade Runner.
肯尼斯·特兰,洛杉矶时报 影评人
这是在研究未来
This was a study of the future.
我认为在那个时候没有人想知道未来
And I don’t think, at the time people wanted to see the future.
特里·罗林斯,剪辑监督
尤其是影片中所预言的未来
Especially like it predicted in the film.
以整体规模来说这部影片真正的成就
The brilliance of what it really did with the scale of it
艺术设计掩盖了这个事实
and the production design of it disguised the fact
弗兰克·德拉邦特,肖申克的救赎 导演
这部影片其实是一个非常发人省思的故事
that there was a very compelling story there.
人们会不断回想这部影片的意义
It became so convoluted, what people thought of the picture.
有人认为这部片是影史上之最
There were people who thought it was the greatest picture they ever seen.
巴德·约金,投资人
也有人认为:“这是在演什么啊?”
There were others that said, “What the hell was it about?”
这部电影改变了我的一生
This movie is one of the movies that changed my life.
吉尔莫·德尔·托罗,潘神的迷宫 导演
看完电影后,我再也不一样了
Like, I came out of it and I was not the same person.
我看到每一辆飞越镜头的车
I felt like with every car that raced across the screen
我就这样落入了那个世界
I was spiraling into that world.
约瑟夫·卡安,极速酷客 导演
我们最后终于把片剪好
We finally did the cut.
在米高梅其中一间试映室放映
And we screened it out at MGM in one of the screening rooms out there.
就五、六个人
Just with five or six people.
我想大概是因为我们有参与感
And I guess it was because we were involved with it, you know.
这部片是……我们的宝贝
It was part of– It was our baby.
我记得当灯光亮起时,我说
But I remember when the lights went up, I said:
“这部片会赚一笔大钱,会赚到一个亿”
“This picture is gonna do sensational business. It’s gonna do $100 million.”
在那个时候,一亿美元还算是大数字
And that was when $100 million was still a lot of money.
这部片会大成功
“It’s gonna be a smash.”
我们在好莱坞的日落大道还是哪里进行首映会
It was a premiere in Hollywood, at Sunset Boulevard or something.
我几乎可以听到观众席间的爆裂声
And I could literally feel the crack that went through the audience.
鲁特格尔·哈尔,罗伊·巴蒂饰演者
不是“哇哦”就是“呃”,没有中间地带
It was either “Wow…” or “Er…” There was no middle, no in between.
当我在银幕上看到第一个瞬间,我大喊:“搞什么?”
As soon as that first instant happened on the screen I went, “What?” You know.
汉普顿·范彻,执行制片人、编剧
到最后我觉得……
And at the end, I was like…
宽慰还不足以形容
You know, relief isn’t the word.
我狂喜到了极点
You know, I was overjoyed.
首映的观众非常盛大
And then, you know, it was a big crowd.
这是好莱坞,所有人都在场
This is Hollywood, and everybody was there.
大家都爱极了
And everybody loved it.
我记得所有人都为影片的壮观赞叹不已
I just remember that everybody was so awed by the magnificence of the film
吴汉章,汉尼拔·周饰演者
看完后几乎没有人发一语
that it was almost silent after we saw it.
当你看到那么棒的影片时,已经没有什么好说的了
When you see something that good, there’s nothing else to say.
对我来说,这是极为情绪化的经验
It was an extremely emotional experience for me.
当我看这部片时,就像在公开场合生下这个宝贝

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!