There’s a joke. I’ll start with the joke.
有个玩笑,我要用笑话开头
If it doesn’t work, try…
如果不行,试着
Crop it, flop it or drop it.
拿起来、翻过来或丢下去
If none of those work, add a flare.
通通不行的话加个光斑
That’s just a joke, but the flares–
那只是笑话,但是光斑
A lens flare is something that’s exists in the lens.
光斑是存在镜头里的亮点
It’s in nature.
它自然存在的
Well, it’s something you can’t make, you don’t draw.
那是无法制♥造♥或消掉的东西
It happens in the lens.
那就是存在于镜头里
And every camera lens has its own characteristics
每种摄影机镜头都有自己的特色
but when you overexpose this source of light like about 10 f-stops
但过度曝光时,光源大约有十级光圈值
that’s when the flaring starts to happen.
那时光斑就出现了
When light starts bouncing around inside the glass of the lens.
光线开始在镜头玻璃里跳动
We just focused on that.
我们以它为焦点
And, of course, it adds that element of truth, realness, credibility to some of the imagery.
当然它让画面看起来更有真实感
Of course, one of the challenges of this show was
当然本片的挑战之一
it was very different than, like, let’s say Star Wars
是跟,比如 星球大战 非常不同的
where everything was kind of a matte-finish surface.
星球大战 里的物体表面看起来都暗暗的
The spinner is just completely glossy, like a car
未来车表面很光滑,跟一般车子一样
which means you have reflection problems
那表示会有反射问题
and, technically, for visual effects, a lot of problems pulling mattes.
对视效来说,技术上要除掉光滑感很难
It had a bunch of lights on it that were great.
打一大堆光是件好事
That were wonderful.
那真的很棒
And we start shooting it, and we start putting it against backgrounds just as tests.
我们开始拍摄,将它放在背景前,只是为了做试验
We weren’t– Not necessarily even the backgrounds that it would go against.
我们不一定会让背景有平衡感
And it just looked like a big hunk of junk just hanging up there in space.
让那看起来像是堆在那里的垃圾
There was no magic to it.
完全没有什么魔力可言
So I asked the guys in the Engineering Department:
我问工程部的人
“What’s the brightest fiber optic?”
“最亮的光纤光源长什么样?”
“We got this xenon thing, and it’ll just blow your lens away.”
“我们有氙气的这种,可以亮瞎你的镜头”
We ran that huge fiber optic right up to the top of the spinner
我们在未来车上方绑了这种超亮光纤
and at the end of every pass we’d make a long pass with that bright light there.
每次拍摄完毕,我们都会用超亮光纤再拍一次
And as soon as we put that light in there, it just…blew everything away.
将光纤绑上去后,所有的东西都被照亮了
It solved the technical problems
那解决了科技问题
but more importantly that thing became magical.
但更重要的是画面看起来很神奇
Well, the Tyrell pyramid
泰瑞金字塔
the base of it was about 8 feet square at the base
底部约 2.5 米见方
tapering up to an opening that was about maybe 2 and a half feet wide at the top.
加上一个出入口,上面宽约 80 公分
We knew that we were making a mega-structure
我知道我们在做一座大型建筑物
to represent something as big as a city.
代表一整个城市那么大的空间
And we thought, “Well, let’s light it single-source, like a big light box.”
我们想:“我们得用单一光源照亮,让它看起来像是大型灯箱”
And so it was decided to construct it out of clear Plexiglas.
我们决定用透明树脂玻璃来做
The detailing that was put on the outside was also cast in clear
细节是外壳必须是透朗的
so basically, you had a big light box.
基本上你会有个大灯箱
And then we sealed it with paint
我们给它上漆
and scraped off the paint where we wanted the windows to come through.
在窗户的位置将漆刮掉
We only built that one pyramid with only two sides on it.
我们只做出金字塔的两面
So you had the front side and one side.
正面跟侧面
And then we would flip it around and shoot it again
我们将它转过来再拍一次
so it would seem to be two pyramids
看起来像两个金字塔
but it was really only half of one pyramid.
事实上只是半个金字塔
And we backed it up with ribbing where we could
我们尽量多上肋架做支撑
but we wanted to keep it as open as possible on the inside
但我们也希望里面尽量地空
so that we could light it with a big bare-bulb 10K in the middle of it– 10,000 watts of light.
才能在中间用 10K 的灯泡来做照明,就是一万瓦的灯泡
–which, altogether, it generated a lot of heat
点亮时会产生非常多的热量
so when it was to be shot on-stage–
在摄影棚里拍摄
In those days, motion control being a very painstakingly slow process.
以前的动作控制摄影机,使用起来很麻烦
–each shot would take hours to film.
每个镜头拍起来得花数小时
That means the lights had to be burning constantly during that time.
那表示灯光会一直散发很多的热量
And after all the required shots were done
拍完必要镜头后
we were still shooting backgrounds for cityscapes
我们会再拍摄市容背景
just for some of the wide views of the city of Los Angeles in 2019.
加一些 2019 年的洛杉矶市的广角镜头
And everybody thought it would be a great idea to turn the thing upside down
大家觉得将镜头倒过来是个好点子
and make this big cantilevered city shape
拍出庞大悬臂城市的样貌
that would be somewhat of a complement to the Tyrell pyramid.
跟泰瑞金字塔相互辉映
So we rigged it like that
我们做出那样的设计
but didn’t pay very close attention to the ventilation of it
但却不是非常注意通风问题
and the thing finally caught fire during filming.
最后在拍摄时失火
And that was– It was really ruined.
那是……真的是毁了
It wasn’t as dramatic–
当时场面不是很夸张
What you heard in the model shop: “Oh, my God! It caught on fire!”
我们在模型室听到:“天啊,失火了!”
And they were filming when it happened, but it did indeed melt.
他们在拍摄时发生火灾,模型融化了
Luckily, it was toward the end of the shoot, so it wasn’t that big of a disaster.
还好那时快拍完了,所以问题不大
During that early era of new visual effects people were not specialists.
新视效时代初期,大家都不是专家
So the model makers were painters the painters were model makers
模型师还兼油漆工,油漆工成了模型师
罗恩·格雷斯,首席模型油漆师
and on Blade Runner, that was the case.
在 银翼杀手 中就是如此
When you’d approach a model, you’d look at the drawing, the illustration
在处理模型的时候,你会看图画跟插画
and kind of break it down into its component shapes.
将它的形状分解开来
Sometimes it was clear that you’d have to create a piece because it was very specific
有时候很明显地你得制♥造♥出零件,因为那非常精确
and other times if you had a rectangular piece with some sort of detail on it
其他时候,如果你有块上面有点花纹的四方形零件
you’d go: “l know a model kit that has that piece in it. The Revell jet F-18.”
你会说:“我知道有种模型组有这种零件,瑞维尔 F-18 喷射机”
So it was kind of figuring out your component pieces putting them together
你得知道该用哪些零件,将它们拼在一起做出模型
and constructing them in a way that looked like they belonged together.
让它们看起来像是本来就有的零件
And knowing what they had done on the set–
我们知道他们在片场做了什么
We had photographs
我们有照片
and then later in the production actually went down while they were shooting
稍后在拍摄的时候,我们会跑去看他们拍戏
and saw the sets, and once again, you see it and you go:
去看场景你看到后会说
“Oh, okay. I see. Everything’s got this gritty look.
“好吧,我看到了,所有的东西都要灰扑扑的
It’s dirty, it’s nasty, it’s leaking, it’s corroded.”
脏脏烂烂的、漏水的、腐蚀掉的”
And we applied all that to the miniatures as well.
我们就对模型如法炮制
We learned early on that
很早我们就知道
even though we planned to work at a certain scale on the miniatures that that really wasn’t gonna work.
即使我们计划要大规模拍摄模型,那还是行不通的
What we had to do was work the same way that Ridley worked.
我们得用雷德利的方式来工作
You’d go into a large stage
你得到大型摄影棚
take the brightest light you’ve got
用最亮的灯
shine it back at where the camera sits
照在摄影机的位置
and then start putting stuff in front of it
开始在前面堆东西
and add lots of smoke into the room.
还让摄影棚里烟雾弥漫
And so I started posing miniature shots that way
我开始那样子拍模型镜头
and that’s when it really started to happen.
效果开始出现
When you build something in miniature
做模型时
and you build it at a very small scale you have to be very careful.
东西尺寸会变得很小,你得非常小心
So they look real, so they look large and the mass and the speed that you shoot them with.
所以在你大量快速的拍摄时,它们才能看起来很真实、很大
And one of the things that first goes is the detail.
首先就是要注意细节
If your detail isn’t beyond what’s good as it loses resolution, it falls apart
如果细节效果不好,譬如分辨率不好,那就完了
so the paint job turns out to be the most important thing.
所以油漆是最重要的
One of the things I realized in the beginning was that
一开始我便知道
50 percent of what you do, you never see anyway
大约有五成的效果是你看不出来的
so you have to be pretty heavy-handed with it.
所以你得更加强调
So when I work with miniatures I try to make them look as visually realistic as I can
拍摄模型戏时,我会尽可能让它们看起来真实
and then I add 25 or 30 percent heavy-handedness on top of that because the camera’s gonna lose that.
加上 25% 到 30% 的强烈灯光,不然摄影机拍不到
We started out with a set of buildings, about a dozen buildings
一开始大约是十几栋模型建筑
that were meant to be this retrofitted old base of the city.
那是翻新过的旧市区
Most of them were only two-sided buildings– You know, the front side and the oblique side.
多数建筑只有两面,前面跟侧面
–which were miniatures on plywood with lights inside
那是三夹板模型,窗里装了灯
the windows and a lot of detail on the outside.
外侧做得很逼真细致
One of the main miniature sequences that was in the show when I first came on
我刚加入时,主要的模型戏之一
was the flight through the buildings.
是飞行穿越建筑物
And a lot of time and effort was spent on
为了仔细安排那个镜头
laying out the buildings what the detailing was on them for that sequence
排列建筑物得花很多时间跟心力
because everyone knew it was gonna be what was outside the windows in the spinner.
因为大家都知道未来车会来到窗外
It got to the point where those shots grew and grew and became more and more vast.
那时镜头越拉越大
So we were using anything we could to represent buildings.
我们得用所有的东西来代表建筑物
No budget? You can’t build something else so you borrow it. God.
没有预算?做不了东西,那就借呗。天啊
维吉尔·米兰诺,EEG 静态实验室
You just throw it in there.
将它放在那里
If it looks okay in the distant and lots of smoke
只要远远地看起来很逼真,再加上很多烟
“Hey, let’s do it. Just put it in there.”
“开始吧,把它放在那边就好”
We grabbed other things that weren’t even buildings.
我们拿起不是建筑模型的东西
Spaceships from another movie with a bunch of antennae and stuff glued on it.
另一部电影用的火箭,上面黏了一堆天线跟杂物

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!