因为它与汉普顿写的比较浪漫的剧本较贴近
…because it was very much in tune with the much more romantic script that Hampton had written.
我誓死反对这名字,不过我想反正之后再说
I was dead set against it, but I figured I could get a vote in later.
你们就……反正资金是他们出的
But go ahead and we’ll– They’ll finance.
现在暂时就叫 危险的日子 吧
We’ll call it Dangerous Days for the time being.
然后迈克尔·迪利想换个名字,叫 银翼杀手
And then Michael Deeley came up with Blade Runner.
我马上就用了
I’d used it already.
是我读巴勒斯的小说看到的名字
You know, it’s a term that I got from reading Burroughs.
他有本小说就叫作 银翼杀手
He had a little book. It was called Blade Runner.
接下来的问题是要如何进行
It was a matter now of getting into it.
我们一开始就想找雷德利
We tried to get Ridley from the outset…
但他当时正要拍 沙丘
… but he was, at that point, planning to do Dune.
我正在进行 异形
As I was mixing Alien…
迈克尔·迪利来科艺百代看我
… Michael Deeley had come to see me at EMl.
我从迪利在科艺百代时就认识他了
And I’d known Deeley from his days with EMl.
他说:“我有个剧本叫做 银翼杀手”
And he said, “I’ve got this script called Blade Runner.”
雷德利·斯科特,导演
我说:“我不想再拍科幻片了。我才刚拍完一部
I said, “I don’t wanna do another science fiction. I’ve just finished one.
不过我会看看。”我读完剧本,就是汉普顿·范彻写的
But I’ll read it. “And I read the script, which was Hampton Fancher.
原本叫 危险的日子
It was called Dangerous Days.
我回绝了
And I turned it down.
雷德利·斯科特原本是 沙丘 的导演
Ridley Scott was going to be the original director on Dune…
迪诺·德·劳伦蒂斯雇用他,场景都开始盖了
…and Dino De Laurentiis hired him, and their sets were being built.
他们原本要根据原著小说来拍
They were gonna shoot it, and it was going to be based on the novel…
拍成一部大规模的科幻片
…and it was going to be this large-scale science-fiction film.
我会被 沙丘 吸引,是因为它超越我拍的 异形
I was attracted to Dune because it was beyond what I’d done on Alien…
异形 算是很赤♥裸♥裸的恐怖片
…which was kind of hardcore kind of horror film.
沙丘 算是非常
And Dune would be a step, very strongly…
非常贴近 星球大战 的走向
…very, very strongly, in the direction of Star Wars.
在这个时候,不幸的事发生了
At this point, something rather sad happened…
雷德利的哥哥去世了
…which was that Ridley’s older brother died.
年纪轻轻就过世
Died rather young, obviously.
雷德利马上陷入低潮,他必须继续工作
And Ridley was in some depression. He really had to get to work.
他想做点事情。因为他一开始工作就是个工作狂
He wanted to do something, because when he’s working, he’s working.
要面对
To be faced with, you know…
卢克·斯科特,雷德利·斯科特之子
自己的亲兄弟死于癌症
…a brother dying of cancer…
就这样死去,通常
…and then to die, it can often–
我想这种无法控制的情形
I think what happened is maybe the lack of control over that…
形成一种黑暗面
…kind of created a darkness.
我记得他常常谈到弗兰克
I remember, you know, him talking about Frank…
艾弗·鲍威尔,副制片人
他的哥哥,我知道他们很要好
…his older brother, from time to time, and I knew that they were very close.
还有……
And…
我知道当时他的死对他有一种
…l know it had a tremendous effect…
极大的情绪冲击
…on sort of his emotional state at that time.
他能拍这部算是比较黑暗
It’s a strange coincidence that he’s doing a film that is, on the whole, very dark…
关于创造人、控制的电影,算是一种巧合
…about creation, about control.
还有失去控制,输给了死神
And also losing the control and losing the battle over death.
我想我们当时正在拍一部广♥告♥
I think we were shooting a commercial.
我记得我当时说服他说:“让我读吧”
I remember sort of having persuaded him, saying, “Look, let me read it.”
我记得我是在火车上读的,当时正前往拍片现场
And I think I was reading it on the train while we were traveling to the location.
我说:“我想”
I said, “Listen, I think–”
因为一切事情都那么不理想
Because everything else was kind of not working out right…
我说:“听着,我想你应该,再好好考虑一下”
…l said, “Listen, I think you should give this, you know, a second thought.”
“我认为这个剧本真的很棒,充满情绪
You know, “l really think this is powerful, and, you know, emotional…
非常有趣”
…and really interesting.”
银翼杀手 就这样驻进我心中
The Blade Runner idea had stuck with me.
我马上就打给迪利 ,说:“你们现在进行到哪了?”
So I’d called up Deeley saying, basically, “Where are you with it?”
“没进展。”“好吧,我又读了一次,我们
“We’re nowhere.” “All right. I’ve re-read it. We–
我认为剧本非常有趣。 可以拍成一部非常
I think it’s interesting. lt’ll make the basis of a very good…
具未来感的都会黑色电影”
…futuristic, urban film noir.”
他说:“我们先看过剧本再说。”他看了剧本
He said, “Let’s have a look at the material,” and he did.
事情就这么成了
And we were off.
当然,那是个非常让人激动的时刻
It was a very exciting moment, of course…
能让一位天才导演这么投入
…for suddenly, you had a talent attached to the thing.
我们跑去找电影之路公♥司♥,它刚刚被前环球公♥司♥高层
We then went to Filmways, which had just been taken over…
拉斐尔·埃克斯收♥购♥
…by a former Universal person, Raphael Etkes.
他人很好,是我的一个老朋友
Very nice guy. An old friend of mine.
我们当时跟电影之路合作,迈克尔也找到联络人
We were with Filmways, which Michael had found a person for that.
不过,他对电影成本的理念
But, of course, his conception of what the budget of this film would be…
在当时当然是大幅超出预算
…at that particular point was way off-course.
我们的预期比真正的预算高太多了
We were way down in terms of our target of where we would be.
我们花了 250 万美金
We’d spent about 2 and a half million…
才知道要建造出我们想要的世界
…by the time it became perfectly clear that the world we were building…
至少得花上 1,250 万美金以上,比这大多了的预算
…was much bigger than 2 and a half million dollars. Much, much bigger.
这让拉斐进退两难
And this put Raphi in a jam…
因为他不能再投入更多资金了
…because he couldn’t allocate more than that to this picture.
这是间老公♥司♥,并不大,他们没有那种资金
It was an old company, a small one, and they didn’t have that much money.
我们开始觉得事情不对劲
I know we were beginning to feel that something wasn’t right…
忽然间我们开始在新闻看到
…and then suddenly one read in the trades…
电影之路有经济危机了
…that Filmways was in financial trouble.
突然间大家都在说:“我们有麻烦了
And suddenly we sort of said, well, you know, “Shit. We’re in trouble…
我们得找另一个赞助者。”我俩开始准备一个房♥间
…and we need to find another backer.” So we sort of set up this room…
弄出所有美术道具,天知道还有什么
…with all our sort of artwork and God knows what, you know…
像是一种组合屋
…like a kind of package, and sort of…
电影公♥司♥的高层人员全都聚在一起
…these VlPs from other studios were kind of wheeled in…
我们给他们特别待遇,看是不是能让他们感到兴趣
…and given the executive treatment to see if we could get them interested…
出资拍片。但是我们开始盖场景
…in taking the movie over. But we were building sets…
开始开起会来
We started to have these meetings…
像是小马拍卖♥♥会,所有批发商都来了
…dog-and-pony shows with all the distributors…
大卫·L·斯奈德,美术指导
我们跟米高梅开会
…and we met with MGM…
跟联美开会,当时他们濒临破产危机
…with United Artists, who was on the brink of bankruptcy…
同时我们也盖起场景,找拍片地点等等
And we were building sets and finding locations and all the rest of it.
我们整个工作小组都还没付工资
凯瑟琳·哈伯,执行制♥作♥
And we had an entire crew that needed to be paid.
我们觉得要是再不快找到赞助者,整个戏组就要崩溃了
We felt it would collapse if we didn’t do something very, very fast.
我首先就是跑去找小艾伦·拉德谈,他是我一个老友
First thing I did was I talked to Alan Ladd, Jr., who’s an old friend…
曾经跟华纳兄弟合作过
…who had a deal at Warner Bros.
我们认为这剧本真的很棒
And we thought it was a terrific script…
小艾伦·拉德,拉德公♥司♥总裁
我们马上就进入制片过程
…and we put it into production almost right away.
事情是这样的,华纳兄弟透过艾伦·拉德
The way it worked was that Warner Bros., through Alan Ladd…
投资七或者七百万,大约 700 万美金
…put up 7 and a half or 7 million, roughly 7 million…
买♥♥下美国的发行权
…against U.S. distribution rights.
只包含院线,不包含电视、数字影碟
Of theatrical, not television or DVDs or any of those things.
“你愿意投资吗?”他说:“先让我读过剧本”
“Would you like to invest in that?” He said, “Let me read the script.”
然后他马上回来对我们说:“是的,我确实想投资”
And he got right back to us and said, “Yes, I do want to invest.”
他说:“有哪部电影我可以投资?”
He said, “What kind of movies do you have that I could invest in?”
我们说:“我们现在手上有片叫 银翼杀手,导演是雷德利·斯科特
We said, “Well, there’s one we’re doing called Blade Runner with Ridley Scott.
你愿意投资吗?”他说:“先让我读过剧本”
Would you like to invest in that?” He said, “Let me read the script.”
他读完后马上告诉我们:“是的,我确实想投资”
And he got right back to us and said, “Yes, I do want to invest.”
最后我们还需要 700 万
And then we needed the last 7 million.
这笔资金来自一家合资公♥司♥
And that came from a company which consisted of…
有杰里·佩伦乔、巴德·约金,还有另一个合伙人
…Jerry Perenchio, Bud Yorkin and another partner…
他后来没参加合伙,所以没有投资
…who didn’t want to come into the venture and didn’t.
坦德制片是一间合资公♥司♥,诺曼·李尔和我一起开的
Tandem Productions was a company that Norman Lear and myself started…
巴德·约金,投资人
大约在 银翼杀手 15 年前
…probably 15 years before Blade Runner.
当时我们同时制♥作♥电视
And at that time, we were doing television…
与电影
…and motion pictures at the same time.
总是有人不断寄剧本给我们
People were always submitting scripts to us.
电影剧本,主要是电视剧本
Movie scripts, mostly television scripts.
当他们找到我们的时候
And by the time they got to us…
杰里·佩伦乔,投资人
因为我们当时已经不做电影了
… because we weren’t, at that point, in the picture business…
他们已经问遍整个城市
…they had been shopped all over town…
大部分公♥司♥都没有兴趣
…and most of them were pretty uninteresting…
我们也不太想沾上边
…in things that we didn’t wanna get involved with.
不知怎么地,银翼杀手 的剧本跑到我桌上
And somehow the script for Blade Runner ended up on my desk…
我读完后非常喜欢
…and I read it, and I loved it.
我们看到故事分镜板
We saw the storyboards, we saw–
我们喜欢这些道具,我们喜欢这些枪
We loved all the toys, we loved the gun…
还有雷德利的概念蓝图
…and the look that Ridley had in mind for it.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!