I felt so bad for the rats that suddenly I wasn’t afraid of them anymore
我觉得老鼠很可怜,突然我不再害怕
and so I had them all, like, crawling all over me.
所以我让它们全部爬到我身上
And I think that was actually the only thing that we shot that didn’t end up in the movie.
我想那是我们唯一拍了,但是没有在电影里出现的东西
Among the many, many things and ideas that were being developed and then discarded
在许多、许多设想了但又丢弃的事情和点子之中
this particular sequence almost made it to the camera.
这组镜头差一点就被拍上了
And that was supposed to be the snake dance with Zhora in Taffey Lewis’ bar.
是卓拉和蛇跳舞的片段,在泰飞刘易斯酒吧里
Ladies and gentlemen Taffey Lewis presents Miss Salome and the snake.
各位先生、女士……泰飞刘易斯酒吧为您呈现赛隆小姐与蛇
Watch her take the pleasure from the serpent…
注意看她从蛇身上得到乐趣
I was gonna use clay animation.
我本来要用黏土动画
It was gonna start off as a mud pit going to be much more exotic
本来是以一个泥浆池开始,变得更具异国情调
and it’d start off with what I called a clay dancer.
一开始我称之为黏土舞者
So it’s a dancer in a mud pit, right
所以是泥浆池里的舞者
who starts off to be a snake which will morph into becoming a woman
舞者一开始是一条蛇,然后变形成为一个女人
化妆测试
then a woman and snake, and it was very elaborate.
然后是一个女人和蛇,相当精心的制♥作♥
And this was all, you know, pie in the sky.
这一切就像是遥不可及的梦想
I’m never gonna get to this, I just thought it’d be pretty cool to do it.
我一定做不到,我只是想说能这样做一定相当酷
We had created this beautiful dance
我们创造了这场美丽的舞蹈
and we choreographed it and had it worked out with a snake
我们精心设计,再加上蛇
and it just was such a pity that we never got to do that.
只是真的很可惜我们从未能完成
The cheapest thing of all, I had to play it off on Harrison Ford’s face
最容易的是,我用哈里森·福特的脸
with this guy off camera saying what was going on
让远离摄影机的家伙述说发生了什么事
which was kind of– That’s the cheap way out.
这是最容易的出路
But it shows you that you don’t wanna watch a whole set piece
但这表示你不想看整个舞台布景
the whole film grinds to a halt.
整个电影停下来
You wanna get on with the story.
你想发展故事
So in fact, the narrative– That was a good decision, not to bother
所以事实上,这个叙述是个好决定, 不麻烦
because it really was about Harrison getting to Zhora.
因为这其实是关于哈里森找到卓拉
Any long picture is exhausting for everybody on it.
拍摄时间长的电影对每个人来说都很费力
So once that patience goes, then people get really snappy.
所以耐心一消失,大家都很暴躁
The gulf between Ridley’s way of working and a lot of the members of the crew
雷德利和许多工作人员之间的分歧
who’d been, in some cases, lolling around studios for years
有些人待在摄影棚也很多年了,有不同的工作方式
迈克尔·迪利,制片人
began to become apparent.
分歧开始显露
The crew that we had was a fast crew.
我们的工作人员很迅速
They were a thorough crew and a professional crew.
他们是周密的工作人员,也是专业工作人员
All departments. Props, Wardrobe, Makeup, Hair, everybody was fabulous.
所有的部门,道具、服装、化妆、发型,每个人都很棒
马文·G·威斯特摩,化妆师
And I’ve worked with these people subsequently, on other shows.
我随后和这些人也有一起工作,在其他的表演中
Ridley, who, at the time, he was not well-liked by the American crew
当时雷德利不受美国工作人员喜欢
because he felt they were not a good crew
因为他觉得他们不是好工作人员
and that sort of set a problem pace.
那导致问题产生
But everybody worked exceedingly hard, and was right there on the dime.
但每个人都非常辛苦,很努力
We went off and then we– Somebody handing out these free T-shirts
我们拍摄后,然后有人分发这些免费的 T 恤
which had a rather defiant, or revolutionary, statement addressed towards Ridley.
上面有针对雷德利的,相当大胆、叛逆的言论
And this had come about because, most unfortunately
这件事会发生,因为最不幸地
somebody had filched from his trailer a British newspaper article
有人从他的拖车偷了一份英国报纸文章
in which he was asked whether he’d rather work in England or in America.
他在上面被问到他宁愿在英国或在美国工作
Now, working for an English paper, you say England.
替英国报工作,你当然说英国
You know, in England, I’m so, you know, known here
在英国,我很有名
crews are more liable to say: “Ready when you are, guv.” That’s it.
工作人员比较会说:“长官,你准备好时我们就好了”
That is it.
就是这样
Really upset the crew.
真的让工作人员很沮丧
Really upset the crew.
真的让工作人员很沮丧
-So I did the T-shirt wars.
-所以我发起 T 恤战争
-Katie Haber came in and said:
-凯蒂·哈伯进来说
“They made these T-shirts and they’re gonna wear them tomorrow.”
“他们做了这些 T 恤,而且他们明天要穿”
I said, “What about?”
我说:“关于什么事?
She said, “The article you did.”
她说:“你那篇文章”
I said, “What article I did?”
我说:“我什么文章?”
Somebody had actually got the article from England
有人真的从英国拿到文章
printed a pile of them and put them on the tea trolley.
印了一大堆放在茶具台上
Michael and I sat down with Ridley and said
迈克尔与我和雷德利坐下来说
“What can we do to smooth this over?
“我们要怎么样才能平息这场风波?
We can’t make a film with everybody hating you.”
显然我们不能和恨你的人一起制♥作♥电影”
凯瑟琳·哈伯,执行制♥作♥
I think Deeley came up with the phrase “Xenophobia Sucks.”
我想迪利想出了这段话:“仇外太逊了”
He said, “Well, xenophobia means fear of strangers.
他说:“仇外表示讨厌外国人
And basically what’s going on is these people don’t understand you and the way you work.
基本上发生的事情是这些人不了解你,不了解你工作的方式
So if we put something on a T-shirt that makes people come up to us and say
所以如果我们在 T 恤上写东西让别人来问我们说
‘What does it mean? ‘
‘这是什么意思?’
it’ll sort of smooth over a lot of rough edges.”
就应该能缓和很多的不合”
And I got a hat made with all this scrambled egg on it.
我有一个用金色编带装饰的帽子
With a Naval– You know, like head commander of a big aircraft carrier.
有海军……像航♥空♥母舰的舰长
You know how people wear those ridiculous hats.
你知道有人会戴那些荒谬的帽子
And on it, it had “guv” printed.
而且上面还印了:“长官
So I put on the T-shirt the next morning with “Xenophobia Sucks” on it
所以我隔天早上穿上印着“仇外太逊了”的 T 恤
with “guv” on my hat
戴着标有“长官”的帽子
and walked onto the set.
就这样走到现场
I bought and paid for the T-shirt.
我花钱买♥♥了那件 T 恤
And I put mine on and went to walk out the trailer door
我穿上并走出拖车
and who’s the first one to see me? Ridley.
第一个看到我的是谁?雷德利
And he had his T-shirt on, the “Xenophobia Sucks” so it was a standoff.
他穿着他的 T 恤,上面写:“仇外太逊了”
But it helped release some tension.
确实帮助缓解了些紧张的氛围
And I said, “Right. Morning, Harrison. We’re gonna do this.”
我说:“好了,早安,哈里森。今天我们搞这个”
And it was this– And there’s all these people standing there in their shirts, which I completely ignored.
然后…… 这些人穿着他们的 T 恤站在那里,我完全忽视他们
I didn’t say a word about it.
我一句话也没说
And they ignored me.
他们也没理我
We got on with the first scene and we’re all just wearing this ridiculous gear.
我们拍第一幕,我们全都穿着这可笑的衣服
And about midmorning, those T-shirts started to disappear.
大约上午十点左右,那些 T 恤就开始消失了
By lunchtime, it was all gone.
到午餐时间,全部不见了
These were guys– You know, they’re all one’s friends.
这些家伙,他们都很努力
You know, I couldn’t think of a crew member that wasn’t doing his absolute best.
我想,没有哪个剧组人员没能尽职尽责
But suddenly this story spread around like wildfire.
但突然间他的故事像野火般散布
And just– They all decided, you know, they’d had enough.
他们都决定,他们受够了
Ridley was, you know, kind of stern a lot.
雷德利的确是有点太严厉了
But for me, being a new guy at it, I didn’t care about any of that.
但对我来说,身为一个新人,我不在乎这些事
I just, like– So happy that I had a chance to work with him.
我只是很高兴我有机会和他工作
I never got involved in any– I wouldn’t have worn a T-shirt.
我从不插手任何……我不会穿那些 T 恤
I would’ve been too embarrassed
我会难为情
because I thought it was, like, stupid you know
因为我觉得很蠢
to display that kind of behavior.
那种行为很蠢
And it just slowed things down.
而且只会让进度慢下来
You get all sorts of talking behind the scenes, and–
你在后台会听到各种说法
“Here’s this foreign director. Who the hell does he think he is?”
“这个外国导演,他到底以为他是谁?”
You know, “These limeys are over here,” and this, that and the other.
“这些英国佬在这里,”还有些有的没的
They were tired and you could see that they didn’t feel appreciated.
他们很累,你看得出他们不觉得受重视
You know, I would say to Ridley: “Go talk to these people, for God’s sakes.
我会对雷德利说:“看在老天的分上,去和这些人说话
Tell them how great they’re doing.
告诉他们他们做的有多棒
Because, you know, everyone is devoted to you but
因为每个人都为了你专心致力于工作,但
they’re devoted through fear.”
他们的专注源于恐惧”
The only way you knew if you were working
你要知道你是否还在这工作的唯一方式
was if you got a call sheet and your name was still on it.
就是拿到一张通告单,而你的名字仍然在上
Because people just, all the time, disappeared.
因为一直以来都这样,有些人就……消失了
On the property-room door, there was a list of people
道具室的门上,有一张人员表
who had said they’d had enough, and they quit.
上面说他们受够了,他们要辞职
And we kept a roster of everybody who quit the film.
我们有一份辞职的人员表
It can be tough on a set, and it can be long hours.
现场很辛苦,拍摄时间很长
肖恩·杨,瑞秋饰演者
And I remember some pretty long hours on that show.
我记得拍摄时间相当久
So what? I’m sorry, but, you know, sometimes our work is grueling.
那又怎样?我很抱歉,但是有时候我们的工作很累
鲁特格尔·哈尔,罗伊·巴蒂饰演者
And I don’t think PR is there for– You know, to whine about, you know
我不认为公♥关♥人员是让工作人员发牢骚用的
“lt destroyed my life and it was so grueling.”
“这毁了我的生活,好累啊”
It was a tough shoot.
这是艰难的拍摄
We were doing something very special.
我们在做非常特别的事
To most of the crew, this was just a job.
对大部分的工作人员来说,这只是工作
To a few of us, this was special.
对我们少数人来说,这很特别
劳伦斯·G·波尔,美术设计
This was really– It was magic time.
这真的是……这是魔法时间
There was tension from time to time
有时候情势紧张
哈里森·福特,德卡饰演者
and there were times when there wasn’t.
有时候没有
And I think every big, ambitious movie has tension involved.
我觉得每部大电影都掺杂了紧张感

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!