No, no, no. More.”
不,不,不,再多一点
I’d heard later that Ridley wanted me to stay in my little cubicle dressing room
我后来听说雷德利要我留在我的小化妆室里
because he didn’t want me to have too much interaction with everyone.
因为他不要我和每个人有太多互动
So, I mean, that could’ve been part of the manipulation.
所以我是说那可能是操纵的一部分
Ridley, who also came from a lot of commercial background
雷德利也有很多商业背景
was constantly trying to add a kind of scintillating visual stimulation to scenes.
他一直试着在镜头里添加某种闪烁的视觉刺♥激♥
道格拉斯·川柏,特效摄影总监
A good example would be in Tyrell’s office.
泰瑞的办公室就是一个好例子
We’re sitting there in this big set.
我们在这个大场景里
We’re struggling with our part which is the front projection out the windows
我们努力做我们的部分,也就是从窗子出来的正面投影
the live-action guys are struggling with the weird lighting stuff and Ridley’s saying
工作人员很难调出这个怪异的光,而雷德利说
“Well, I want this light to be like up against the wall.”
“嗯,我要这个光就像照在墙壁上”
And we’re saying, “Well, what’s motivating that? Is it raining? Is the floor wet?”
我们说:“是什么引发的呢?是下雨呢?还是地板湿了?”
And he said, “No, it’s just gotta– You know, it’s just gotta happen.”
他说:“不,你就是要……你懂的,就这样搞就玩事了”
And so I go, “lf that’s what Ridley wants, that’s what he should have.”
所以我说:“如果那是雷德利想要的,那他就应该得到”
I mean, you look at the movie, you do have to ask:
我是说,你看着电影,你确实得问
“Well, what’s that all about?
“嗯 ,那是怎么一回事?
Is that something coming in the window? From some atmospheric thing going on outside?”
有东西跑进窗户里吗?外面产生了某种大气物质吗?”
You don’t need to explain it.
你不需要解释
But Ridley had this– Has always had this incredible sensitivity
但是雷德利就是这样,总是有这种惊人的感受性
to all kinds of ways to create visual stimulation.
用各种方式创造出视觉刺♥激♥
After the first day of shooting, Doc Erickson came to me and said: “We’re now five days behind.”
第一天的拍摄后,埃里克森来找我说:“我们现在落后五天”
This is not what I wanted to hear but, I mean
这不是我想听到的,但是,我是说
Ridley was dealing with the smoke and the mirrors
雷德利在处理烟雾和镜子
and this and that and the columns, and so on and so forth.
这个和那个,还有柱子和诸如此类的事
小艾伦·拉德,拉德公♥司♥总裁
In the meantime, Harrison’s just sitting there waiting to act and getting pissed off
同时,哈里森就坐在那等着演出,变得很生气
because he’s not being called to the set to act in the scene.
因为他还没被叫去现场开始拍戏
The reason I was thrilled about having Ridley is he’s got the very best eye in the business.
我很高兴有雷德利在的理由,是因为他有很棒的商业眼光
And that comes with a price.
而那是有代价的
Which is the time and the effort that he has to put into it.
他必须花很多时间,非常努力
迈克尔·迪利,制片人
So he’d often be sitting up in the sky on the crane doing the last book-on-the-table position
所以他常常坐吊车盘也空中做最后的脚本确认
when Harrison was sort of seething and not being told what to do.
让哈里森很焦急,又不告诉他要做什么
Ridley didn’t think it was necessary to tell him what to do.
雷德利不认为有必要告诉他要做什么
Harrison always up to this point, had been dealing with directors
哈里森一直以来都是这样和某些导演打交道
保罗·M·萨蒙, Future Noir: The Making of Blader Runner 作者
for instance, like
举例来说,像
Francis Ford Coppola, working with Steven Spielberg and working with George Lucas
弗朗西斯·科波拉、史蒂文·斯皮尔伯格、还有和乔治·卢卡斯的合作
there was a commonality among all three of them
有一个共通性存在于这三者之中
which was all three of them very much pulled Harrison into the creative process of building that character.
也就是这三人把哈里森拉进筑构那个角色的创意过程
Ridley felt Harrison was perfectly capable of doing everything he had to do knew how to do it
雷德利觉得哈里森绝对有能力做一切他必须做的事,知道怎么做
and Ridley, meanwhile, was composing the picture.
同时雷德利在构筑影片
There’s a part of you that wants to be totally in sync with the director’s ambition.
你有一部分想完全和导演的雄心同步
And then there’s a perverse part of you that says, “You know what? It doesn’t really matter.
然而你堕落的部分说:“你知道吗?这其实不重要
哈里森·福特,德卡饰演者
What matters is being there.
重要的是人在那里
And participating truthfully in whatever the relationships in the scenes are.
并且深信不疑地参与场景里的关系
And fuck it, it’s just a movie. Let him worry about it.”
还有,这只是一部电影,让他去担心吧”
Maybe Ridley was giving me more attention than he was giving Harrison
也许雷德利给我的注意力比给哈里森还多
because he was making the assumption that he didn’t need that.
因为他假定他不需要
Harry was never happy on that show.
哈里在那部电影中一直不开心
He never was. Not really.
从来都没开心过。一点也不
The only time he was happy was if it was gonna be close to wrap, you know? Then he was happy.
他唯一开心的时候就是接近杀青时,那个时候他才开心
In the case of the first property master, who departed
至于第一个离开的道具管♥理♥员♥
it was over the mug and the desk in the Holden interview.
是因为霍尔登采访时的马克杯和桌子
The prop guy, you know, brought in, like, two or three pens and maybe three or four mugs
道具管♥理♥员♥,带进来大概二或三枝笔和三或四个大杯子
大卫·L·斯奈德,美术指导
and Ridley wanted to see more.
雷德利想看到更多
And he couldn’t figure out, “Why would you want to see more?
他不懂:“为什么你想看更多?
It’s, like, only a mug and it’s only a pen.”
这只是个杯子和一枝笔”
I took the prop guy aside, I said, “Go buy, like, a hundred mugs go buy, like, a hundred pens.
我把道具管理带到一边,我说:“去买♥♥他一百个马克杯和一百枝笔
What do you care? Just go buy– Don’t you see what’s going on here?”
你担心什么?只管去买♥♥。你看不出来里面有什么含意吗?”
Because I could see what was going on.
因为我看得出来怎么回事
He wanted to see every mug ever made before he chose that mug.
他想在选择之前先看看世上所有的杯子
We had our man in Havana, so to speak there on the set every day and watching it.
我们叫我们在哈瓦那的人员每天在现场注意
杰里·佩伦乔,投资人
And we saw some of the rushes.
我们看到一些尚未剪辑的镜头
Bud was more involved but Ridley’s a perfectionist.
巴德更投入,但是雷德利是完美主义者
And Ridley came from the world of commercial doing commercials, from England
而且雷德利来自英国的商业广♥告♥界
and he was very, very successful.
他非常非常成功
And he’s very meticulous, that’s what his genius is.
而且他非常一丝不苟,那就是他天才的地方
And I won’t take anything away from him, but it starts to slow down
我不会插手他的事情,但进度会慢下来
when you start to take many, many takes of certain scenes, and we did.
尤其当你某些特定场景开始拍很多次以后就会这样
We started out, we were a few weeks behind within a few weeks
我们开始拍摄,我们在几星期之内就已经落后了几个星期
巴德·约金,投资人
so it was… I thought things could start to take off.
所以这是……我认为事情可以开始进行得顺畅一点
Presume behind closed doors he started getting twitchy
他一开始就很焦躁不安
after the first week of shooting, we were two, three days behind.
在拍摄的第一个星期后,我们落后了两、三天
Then after the first couple of weeks shooting Tyrell’s room
然后在前几周拍摄完泰瑞的房♥间后
suddenly, we went back and started re-shooting them.
突然间我们回顾并开始重新拍摄它们
艾弗·鲍威尔,副制片人
I would’ve thought he went apoplectic
我会觉得他很生气
because they put X amount of money and they were guaranteeing completion, you know? Jesus.
因为他们投入大笔金钱,而且他们保证完成,你知道吗?天啊
I mean, I would imagine him getting pretty irate.
我想他变得相当生气
I remember Ridley heard that they were upset at the number of takes he’s done
我记得雷德利听到他们一看到样片时
once when they were watching dailies.
他们很不满他拍的镜头数
And Ridley got very angry.
雷德利就变得非常生气
And in retrospect, I think Ridley was sending a message back to them in his own way.
回想起来,我想雷德利用他自己的方式回送一个讯息给他们
He was having a tantrum and stuff.
他很生气
大卫·皮普尔斯,编剧
I think he was letting them know, “Don’t fuck with me.”
我觉得他要让他们知道:“别惹我”
What I saw, I liked.
我喜欢我看到的东西
I did think, you know, and I told this to Ridley
我的确是这么想,也告诉了雷德利
I thought he printed way too many takes in those days and shot too many takes.
我觉得那时候他复♥制♥太多镜头,也拍摄太多一样的镜头
I didn’t think he needed– I thought he–
我不认为他需要……我觉得他……
Now, obviously, he was looking for something in every one.
显然地他在每个镜头里找东西
And he and I sat– Actually, a couple of times.
他和我坐下来……事实上,有好几次
–and I explained to him, “l don’t quite understand.
我向他解释:“我不是很懂
Tell me why the 16th take was the best one out of this whole group.”
告诉我为何第 16 个镜头是这一组里面最好的?”
And he would. He, in his own way, he had explained why he wanted it.
他会,他解释他为何想要它,他有他自己的方式
And there was a lot of film that was used.
很多其他电影也是这样
Yeah, there’d be irritation.
对,会恼怒
I’d do seven takes.
我拍了 7 次
“Why’s he doing seven takes?”
为什么他拍了 7 次?
I know people who do 40 takes.
我认识拍 40 次的人
But seven takes in those days were not inordinate at all.
但是那时候 7 次根本就不算过度
I was definitely very different
我绝对是很不同的
镜头测试
which is why I’ve been very successful as a commercial maker
这就是为什么我一直是很成功的商业广♥告♥制♥作♥者
and would look at things in different lights and put things in a different way
而且会用不同的角度看事情,用不同的方式处理事物
so they hadn’t seen that before.
所以他们以前从未见过
It’s why you’re hiring me.
这就是为何他们要雇用我的原因
And I think that went on, definitely. And that’s, you know, how it goes.
我想那就是事情的走向
Ridley is a very strong-minded, knows what he wants, knows the look.
雷德利意志坚强,知道他要什么
And when you’re trying to do a project that’s this different
当你试着做一个这么不同的计划时
and you’ve got the studio laddie on the one side, and then Ridley and…
制片厂的人跟雷德利的想法就会不大一样
Nothing ever gets made without having its difficulties.
没什么事能够毫无困难地完成
All I remember in Ridley’s making Blade Runner, anger.
雷德利制♥作♥ 银翼杀手 的整个过程,我只记得:“生气”
托尼·斯科特,时空线索 导演
P.S.雷德利·斯科特的弟弟,曾执导过 壮志凌云
Anger at people not understanding his process or how he worked.
对不了解他的作法或他怎么工作的人生气
A lot of people don’t bother to understand what is it that he’s trying to do.
很多人不想了解他在试着做什么
And I think that’s what happened at the time.
我想那就是当时发生的事
There was a lot of nervousness, you know?
当时有很多焦躁
And there was a lot of competition within themselves.
他们本身之间有很多竞争
安娜·玛丽亚·昆塔娜,剧本指导
And I think people made a lot of it in the beginning.
我想人们在一开始就有
Everybody already anticipated before shooting:
每个人在拍摄前就已经假设
“He’s not gonna like us. He’s gonna be unhappy.
“他不会喜欢我们,他会很不快乐
He thinks American crews are not good.”
他觉得美国的工作人员不好”
I don’t think he sat there and said, “American crews are not good.”
我不认为他真的坐在那里说:“美国的工作人员不好”
He wanted everyone to be at their best.
他要每个人表现出最好的一面
I realized I couldn’t bring in the people I’m used to because of the union.
我了解到我无法引进我熟悉的人,因为工会
A lot like the union, that’s the way it goes.
很像工会,事情就是这样
And so being new on the block here
所以,身为这里的新人
I had to learn the process of l couldn’t use this, couldn’t use that.
我必须有个熟悉的过程,比如我不能用这个,不能用那个

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!