“Very good. Very good start, now let’s get on with it.”
“非常好的开始,我们开工吧”
And I did a walk-through, backwards, on the set, street set for one of the publicity-release clips.
我走了一圈,再回来,看了场景跟街景,准备做公♥关♥稿
And for me it was spooky because I was walking through one of my miniature renderings.
我觉得那很可怕,因为我走过我的迷你模型时
It was very close to the little painting I’d done for Ridley.
它非常接近我帮雷德利做的那些小画作
He had Lawrence Paull and the staff essentially come as close as possible to duplicating that design.
他要劳伦斯·波尔跟工作人员尽可能复♥制♥那个设计
And it was very fascinating and very complimentary of course also.
真的非常棒,当然也是非常大的恭维
That I’d come that close to what he had in his mind as how it should look.
因为我能在外观上非常符合他的要求
Larry Paull came into my office and said:
赖瑞·波尔跑到我的办公室说
“l want you to come up with two designs for a neon sign
“我要你设计两款霓虹灯招牌
two neon-sign designs a day for the next 20 days.”
连续 20 天,每天交出两款霓虹灯设计”
And I mean, it was $100,000 worth of neon that I was gonna draw.
我心想我要画的可是价值十万块的霓虹灯
And then they were gonna inherit neon from One from the Heart
他们要利用 旧爱新欢 的霓虹灯
and they made a purchase or something that we were gonna use it for the film in a new way.
他们买♥♥了下来,我们得用新的方式来利用它
We weren’t gonna make it look like it did in their film.
我们不会直接拿来就用
I saw a poster that had this katakana or kanji letter form on it and I said
我看到一张海报,上面有片假名还是汉字之类的,我说
“What does that say?”
“那是什么意思?”
And she said, “Well, that says ‘origin.’ ”
她说:“那是根源的意思”
And so I turned that form of “origin” into the neon sign that’s behind Deckard
我将根源的字变成霓虹灯图案,就在德卡身后
when he’s looking at the newspaper waiting to get served at the noodle bar.
当时,他在看报纸,在面摊等着吃面
And the way I perceived it was that I could make it look like a map of the world
我认为我可以把它做成世界地图的样子
because these look like land forms more than they look like letter forms to me
因为我觉得它们像陆地的形状,不像字母
because I don’t speak Japanese.
因为我不懂日文
And I chose, you know, orange or pink and blue neon and you see this glow
我选了橘色或粉红色还有蓝色霓虹灯,你可以看到光芒
and origin is really the question of Blade Runner.
根源就是 银翼杀手 探讨的问题
It’s kind of a hidden little secret that, you know
它像是隐藏的小秘密
what is our origin? Where do we come from? Who are we?
我们的根源是什么?我们来自哪里?我们是谁?
The thing that was very smart about Ridley Scott was
雷德利·斯科特的聪明之处在于
most English-speaking people aren’t gonna know what it says but in those characters
多数英语人口不知道那些字代表的意义
it becomes visually very, very important.
在视觉上它变得很重要
If you could read it, your eye would go to it
如果你了解它的意思,你会开始注意它
and you’d be distracted you would be looking at it and reading it
你就会分了心,你会开始阅读它
and he doesn’t want you reading it he just wants you to be dazzled by how beautiful it is.
他不要你阅读,他要你被它的美丽所迷惑
Deckard’s apartment, which was great, I think was great Frank Lloyd Wright set.
德卡的公♥寓♥真的很棒,我觉得它是很棒的弗兰克·劳埃德·赖特的场景
弗兰克·劳埃德·赖特,美国的最伟大的建筑师之一
We went in the Frank Lloyd Wright house
我们到了弗兰克·劳埃德·赖特屋里
realized we couldn’t shoot because I was in there a long time.
了解我们无法拍摄,因为我在那里待了很久
So Larry and I, we took castings off the walls of the Ennis House.
所以赖瑞跟我复♥制♥恩尼斯住♥宅♥
恩尼斯住♥宅♥,弗兰克·劳埃德·赖特打造的著名建筑
We had also gone to the Frank Lloyd Wright Ennis-Brown House.
我们还跑到弗兰克·劳埃德·赖特的恩尼斯布朗住♥宅♥
But when we had gotten to Lloyd Wright’s house and I had photographed it
但当我们到劳埃德·赖特的屋子时,我拍了照
I realized the way the concrete blocks were designed
我发现水泥砖的设计
and broken out in coffers and it literally felt like a cave enclosure.
还有花格镶板设计,让它感觉像个洞穴
That was the whole tip-off for the whole set
那是整个场景的重点
for me, designwise, was to make it feel totally claustrophobic.
对我来说在设计方面它真的非常封闭
I designed the interior of Deckard’s bedroom.
我设计了德卡卧室的内部
Which was supposed to be the ultimate, you know moveable bachelor pad fun pit kind of thing.
它应该是最终极的……活动式单身汉公♥寓♥
That was never built.
但我们一直没建造
Some of the things that he did didn’t work and we let him know.
他做的一些事根本不管用,我们跟他说了
It was more Playboy-ish.
它比较像是 花♥花♥公♥子♥
It belonged in a Playboy magazine conceptual apartment kind of thing
它属于 花♥花♥公♥子♥ 杂♥志♥概念式的公♥寓♥
as opposed to Blade Runner.
跟 银翼杀手 的感觉不同
I would have discussions with the director.
我会跟导演讨论
And then I would have to go back and revise
然后回去重新设计
not just designs, but revise what they’ re gonna cost me
不只是重新设计,还要更改预算
because things got bigger, better, best.
因为规模越来越大,品质越来越好
So consequently, Deckard’s one-bedroom apartment
所以德卡的单人公♥寓♥
which was supposed to run 45 or 50 thousand dollars at that time
在当时的预算是四万五到五万块
ran at that time $175,000.
结果飙高到 17 万 5 千块
But I’d never budgeted an apartment that could cost $175,000.
我没有做过成本 17 万 5 千块的公♥寓♥
There was never that need.
从来都不需要那么做
But when I got done with my meetings with Ridley the need was there.
但跟雷德利开过会后,我们认为有必要
We’re several weeks into the shoot, and I was around and I was writing pages
我们再过几星期就要开拍,我坐下来开始写剧本
and I would rush them over to the set and sometimes Ridley had already had a new idea
我要他们到现场去,有时候雷德利会想出新点子
so my pages were totally outdated before he ever read them.
所以有时候他还没看,我的剧本就过时了
大卫·皮普尔斯,编剧
And so that’s the kind of thing that can make you crazy.
那样的事把我逼疯了
I brought some pages over to Ridley, right?
我拿剧本给雷德利看
And in the course of while I was there they struck for the day.
他们罢♥工♥的那天我也在场
And the lights went off and there’s just this apartment.
灯熄了,我看到那间公♥寓♥
And I went and I sat down in a chair.
我跑过去坐在椅子上
And I swear to God, I was in a place that people lived.
我发誓我来到了一个真切的有人住过的地方
I mean, that place was so alive and so real
那里是那么地有生气跟真实
it felt nothing like any set I’d ever been on
感觉上完全不像我看过的其他场景
and I visited a set of Ridley’s some years later
几年后我到雷德利的拍摄场景探班
when he was doing Someone to Watch Over Me.
当时他在拍 情人保镖
I walked into the house they’d built on the set
我走进他们在摄影棚里搭的屋子
and again, little pieces of spaghetti, mold on the wall it was unbelievably real.
墙上一小块意大利面污渍,感觉超真实
I mean, it was true. It was true to life.
那是真的,如此逼真
And that set felt like people lived there.
感觉上像是有人住在那里
I went out a couple of nights
我出去了几个晚上
and we certainly went out when they weren’t shooting and saw sets and everything.
他们不拍戏时我们会跑出去看场景
杰里·佩伦乔,投资人
And right on down the line from the scenery the costumes and the entire thing
一路从场景看到服装及所有东西
I think you know, it speaks for itself.
我知道它就是最好证明
The people at the studio would walk by or walk through the set as it was being built.
片厂的人动工时在场景里走来走去
And they’d walk through the set and they’d all walk away shaking their heads saying
他们会在场景里走动,他们会走开摇头说
“What are these people doing?”
“这些人在做什么?”
I never chuck away the set or the proscenium or the landscape.
我从不扔掉场景或前舞台或景观
The set is the landscape.
场景就是景观
And to me in all my work the landscape and proscenium is a character.
对我来说,景观跟前舞台是故事里的一员
Sometimes to the irritation of some actors and always to the irritation of critics
有时候会让演员生气而且老是惹毛影评人
who’d tear me apart for many movies before I realized:
他们对我很多的电影咬牙切齿,之后我想通了
“You know what? I have a real advantage.”
“你知道吗?优势在我”
I can actually conceive a world, a universe and carry it out so it’s real.
我可以创造出一个世界,一个宇宙,把它做得非常真实
片场纪实
暴风眼
I always remember the first day was not good
我一直记得第一天不太好
because I got in there and the columns were upside down.
因为我进去里面而柱子是颠倒的
All the columns.
所有的柱子
雷德利·斯科特,导演
And I’d seen it– I’d even drawn it for them.
我看过……我甚至画过了
Saying, “Like this.”
我说:“像这样”
And I’d put the weight at the top.
我把重量放在顶部
He basically said, “Well, the only thing I’d like to do is turn the columns upside down.”
基本上他说:“嗯,我唯一想做的事就是把柱子颠倒”
And I looked at him incredulously.
而我怀疑地看着他
劳伦斯·G·波尔,美术设计
Like, “What do you mean, turn them upside down?”
像是:“你说颠倒是什么意思?”
And he said, “Just that. Put that down here.”
他说:“就是那样,把那个放下来这里”
I said, “Okay.”
我说:“好吧”
The columns are not supporting the ceiling but they’re just big bastards.
柱子并没有支撑天花板,它们只是大家伙
I said, “Look, without damaging the floor
我说:“注意,在不破坏地板的情况下
how long to cover the floor without scratching it, turn each column over?”
要覆盖地板而不刮伤,要花多久把每根柱子转过来?
He says, “You won’t be shooting until 12:00.”
他说:“你不到 12 点无法开拍”
I went to the first AD, told them– This is at 7 in the morning.
我去找第一副导 ,告诉他们。现在是早上 7 点
“Come back at 2:00, and we’ll be ready to shoot. The director wants a change.”
“2 点回来,我们就会准备好拍了,导演想要一个改变”
Sure made hell for the construction crew.
确实让搭景人很不好过
盖里·格里菲斯,首席场务
You know, because they had to come in here, and this is all block-and-fall stuff turn them around…like that.
因为他们一走进去,东西全部重弄,把它们转过来像这样
And then the floor, God, the amount of time they spent polishing this floor and just wax–
然后是地板,天啊,很花时间……他们擦亮地板还有上蜡
And they could not get the really high gloss.
他们没办法弄得更光亮了
And they pull it out– And so each square was, like, two-by-two
他们拉出来,好让每一块,就像,两米见方
and they were polishing those things.
他们在擦亮那些东西
At 2:00 in the afternoon, when everybody came back from lunch Ridley was a happy camper
下午 2 点 ,大家吃完午饭回来,雷德利非常高兴
the columns were upside down everything else was in place, and they shot.
柱子都颠倒了,其他一切都就定位,然后他们拍摄
It was worth turning the columns over
把柱子颠倒是很值得的
because otherwise that stuff would’ve been at the top of the shot.
因为不这样的话,那东西就不会在镜头上
Those eyes are one of a kind.
他的眼睛很厉害
It’s like Rutger’s character.
这就像鲁特格尔的角色
It’s like, “lf you could see what I could see with my eyes.” You know?
就好像:“如果你看得到我用双眼看到的东西一样”
That’s Ridley Scott.
那就是雷德利·斯科特
And Ridley was very demanding.
而且雷德利要求非常高
肖恩·杨,瑞秋饰演者
I mean, from the point of view of the lighting and the acting, and the design.
我是说,从灯光、演技和设计的观点来看
I remember him saying, “Put more stuff on her lips.
我记得他说:“放更多东西在她唇上
Put more stuff on her lips, keep putting that stuff on her.
放更多东西在她唇上,一直放那东西在她唇上

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!