这很重要
That’s very important.
好了 塞尔玛时间到了
All right, time’s up, Selma.
我知道这事听起来很愚蠢
I know that sounds a bit foolish.
诺维
Novy?
对不起之前没有告诉你
I’m sorry I didn’t tell you before
我只是不敢面对
about all this, I just didn’t dare to
他们会把事情搞砸
because they would ruin everything.
但是 他为什么
But what… Why does he
必须叫自己诺维
have to call himself Novy?
卡娃达别问了
Stop asking questions like that, Cvalda.
让我替你…
Please… Iet me tell Gene hello…
给吉恩带个好吧
from you to him.
不用了
No.
我知道你很爱你的孩子
I know you love your son very much.
我非常爱他
I love him very much.
我家里也有个孩子
Got a boy of my own back home.
你没和我说过
You never told me that.
晚安 布恩塔
Good night, Brenda.
晚安
Good night.
替我向你孩子问好
Say hi to your son from me.
塞尔玛谢谢你
Thank you, Selma.
能帮你做点什么吗
Can I help you?
你们有过一个病人叫…
Did you once have a patient called…
塞尔玛…
Jezkova…
塞尔玛
Selma Jezkova?
如果不是很久以前
Well, if it wasn’t too long ago,
我可以帮你查查记录
I can check my records for you.
天哪…
Jes… Jez… Jess…
对不起没有这个人
Sorry, there’s no one here by that name.
诺维呢
What about Novy?
我有个好消息
I have good news for you.
什么
What’s that?
我们找到了一个新律师…
We found a new lawyer…
而且他想为你翻案
and he’s going to get your case re-opened.
他说你以前的律师不好
He says your lawyer was incompetent.
你什么意思
What do you mean?
法♥院♥要重新审理
Well, the case is going to be re-opened.
你不会被判死刑了
You won’t get the death sentence.
那不可能
Is that true?
是真的 新的资料可以帮你翻案
Yes, New information has turned up.
什么资料
Wh-what information?
好了 塞尔玛 我们全都知道了
Well, we know the whole story, Selma,
你为什么不告诉我们
Why didn’t you tell us anything?
你知道…
You know, about…
吉恩手术费的事
about the money for Gene’s operation.
你怎么知道的
How did you find out?
杰夫和那个医生谈了
Well, Jeff talked to the doctor.
吉恩知道了
Does… does Gene know?
你怎么告诉吉恩了
I mean, have you told Gene?
没有 我没说
No, No, I didn’t.
但是现在情况对你有利一些了
But you’ve got a much better case now.
凯西这个很重要
That’s very important, Kathy.
如果他为这个担心的话 他眼睛的情况会变得更糟
His eyes might get worse from worrying,
如果不作手术的话
and then the operation won’t work.
是的 但是 塞尔玛…
Yes, but, Selma…
你不觉得这可以帮你吗
Don’t you see that it would help you
如果陪审团知道你是为了就孩子
if they knew that you were trying to save your son
不想孩子失明
from going blind?
律师 律师会来见你的
The lawyer, he’ll come and see you
在2周以后
in two weeks’ time.
凯西 但是 啊…
Kathy, but, uh…
你知道他们要吊死我了
You know they’re hanging me
一星期以后
in one week.
我们知道 但是他们说
We know that, but he says
你可以申请延期
you can apply for a stay.
你知道这是有先例的
You know, most cases get one the first time.
你应该笑啊
Well, you can smile.
塞尔玛…
Selma…
是啊…这对我来说太好了
Yeah… it’s just too much for me.
我以为我很坚强
I thought I was strong.
凯西 我不能
I just can’t take it, Kathy.
去申请死缓
Apply for a stay.
如果他们不打电♥话♥怎么办
What if they don’t phone?
呃 你将被转到另一个地方…
Uh, well, you’ll be transferred to the other…
在某个地方的单人间
cell block at some point tomorrow.
就是他们通常吊死人的那个单人间
That’s the cell block where they hang people.
是的 在那里他们…
Yeah, that’s where they…
让你度过最后一天
spend the last day.
然后他们就进行107步
And then they do their 107 steps.
从那个房♥子里…
It’s from that room…
传出恐惧 不是吗
to the gallows, isn’t it?
他们是这么说的 塞尔玛 但是…
That’s what they say, Selma, but…
看…
Look at…
你会被批下死缓
You’re gonna get your stay.
你为什么不想些好的呢
Why don’t you try to think of something nice,
对吧
all right?
这里太安静了
It’s just so quiet here.
塞尔玛 你还想做点什么呢
What’s that got to do with it, Selma?
你知道吗 当我在工厂工作的时候…
You know, when I used to work in the factory…
我总梦想我是个音乐家
I used to dream that I was in a musical,
因为 在音乐的海洋里
because, in a musical,
没有恐惧
nothing dreadful ever happens.
但是这里太安静了
But it’s so quiet here.
没有些囚犯的进行曲或者别的什么吗
Don’t the prisoners march or something?
进行曲 没有
March? No.
是吗
Yeah?
没有 他们不需要 他们不…
No, they don’t, They don’t…
这里不是…
There’s not…
塞尔玛 这里没有什么声音的
There’s not much noise around here, Selma.
我知道
I know.
但是过会儿他们会开收音机的
But later they turn on the radio.
不 不 不会的 这里没有…
No, no, no, There’s no…
他们不允许在单人间放收音机的
They don’t allow radio in the isolation block.
但是我听到通风管道里有…
But I’ve been listening to the ventilation…
很好听
shaft.
我听到有人在唱歌♥
I hear sometimes people singing there
就像…
like…
赞美诗或者…
hymns or…
听着
That’s not against the rules
这不违反条例 不是吗
to listen, is it?
不违反
No.
我怀疑…
I wonder if…
你可能是听到
if maybe you’re hearing the singing
从教堂传来的声音
coming from the chapel.
是吗
Yeah?
也许你会有一次洗礼
Maybe you’ll even get a sermon,
塞尔玛…
Selma…
你的死缓批下来了
You got your stay.
你的死缓批下来了
You got the stay.
我真替你高兴
I’m so happy for you.
我是你的新律师
I’m your new legal counsel.
我叫卢克 你好
My name is Luke, okay?
哦 你好 卢克
Oh, hi, Luke.
我 啊 我确信…
I’m, uh, quite sure…
我可能帮你摆脱死刑
I can get your sentence commuted.
我需要你的签名
All need is a signature
来证明你想翻案…
stating you want the case re-opened…
然后我可以把书面文件准备好
and then I can get all the paperwork ready
明天就好
by tomorrow.
好的
Yeah.