嘿 – 嘿
Hey. – Hey.
是你的吗? – 爸爸
Is this yours? – Dad.
想也不是
Didn’t think so.

Hey.
嘿,我准备 一会帮你收拾的
Hey, I was gonna do that for you later.
不用劳您大驾了
Now you won’t have to.
好吧,你饿了吗? – 饿了
OK. OK, are you hungry? – Yeah.
麦片粥? – 好
Cereal? – OK.
好吧
All right.
那么我们计划… – 计划
So the plan… – The plan.
卡拉,爸爸刚要透露“计划”呢
Cara, Dad’s about to reveal “the plan.”
我会收拾好 在你们放学后去接你们
I’ll pack up the car, pick you up right after school,
然后我们将 直接上路
and then we’ll drive straight… through.
听起来不错 – 才不好呢
Sounds good. – Does not.
有什么问题? – 我们上学
What now? – Well, isn’t the whole point
不是应该最重要的事情吗? 你强迫我们在上学的时候
that we go to school? You’re forcing us to miss school
旷课
when we should be, like, in school.
对吧?我的意思是 我的功课怎么办?
Right? I mean, what about my studies?
你笑什么?
OK, why are you smiling?
我从没有想到能听到你说 “我的功课怎么办?”
I just never thought I’d hear you say, “What about my studies?”
听到这个让我…想笑
It makes me, like, smile.
我不想去 – 我们每年都要去的
I don’t wanna go. – We do this every year.
唯一一次全家大团圆的机会呢
Only time we can get the family together.
还得帮爷爷奶奶打扫房♥间呢
Gotta help Grandma and Grandpa.
要去 – 你在毁掉我的学业
Go. – You’re destroying my education.
你去换衣服吧
Change.
有什么事吗? – 专栏很不错,先生
Yes? – Very good column, sir.
关于“禁足”的部分 说的棒极了
That bit about curfews? Very apt.
我还想说 昨天的专栏部分
And may I also say that yesterday’s column
关于“界限设定” 写的真是太好了
on boundary setting was excellent.
你是谁? – 我叫马蒂·巴♥拉♥斯♥科
Who are you? – I’m Marty Barasco.
非常感谢你 上周五的专栏
I would like to thank you for last Friday’s column.
让我了解我的父母
It helped me understand my parents.
那就好
OK.
喔,马蒂 还有什么事情吗?
Well, Marty, what else can I do for you?
我想见你的女儿 先生,如果可以的话
I’d like to see your daughter, sir. If I could.
啊,简!简!
Ah. Jane. Jane!
其实,我是找卡拉的
Actually, I’m here for Cara.
很高兴见到你,马蒂 两年后再来吧
Nice to meet you, Marty. Come back in two years.
我不想自夸 可是薛夫先生说
I don’t wanna brag, but Mr. Shaff says
我是他学生中开车学的最好的一个 他认为我已经可以上高速了
I’m one of the best drivers in his class. He says I’m highway ready.
我不同意薛夫先生的意见
Mr. Shaff and I may not agree.
卡拉!快点 – 那你会让我开吗?
Cara! Let’s go. – So will you let me?
我们到时在说,三点整 不要…
We’ll see. 3pm sharp. Do not be…
迟到,我们知道了… – 迟到
Late. We got it….late.
知道了
Yes, we do.
告诉你,刚才你很没礼貌 那是我的朋友,马蒂
FYI, that boy you were really rude to before is my friend, Marty,
我一起做实验,我们一起 做课外项目
my lab partner from class. We’re doing an extra-credit project together.
车来了
Bus.
哇,哇,哇! 等等!等一等!
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Wait! Wait, wait, wait!
快点! – 快跑!
Come on! – Hurry up!
什么事?
Yeah?
嗯,裘弟 我半个小时前伊妹儿给你了
Yeah, Jordy, I e-mailed it half an hour ago.
什么?
What?
不可能,开玩笑吧
No way. You’re kidding.
真好笑
That’s funny.
你妹妹在哪? – 你迟到了
Where’s your sister? – You’re late.
她去活动中心了 能让我来开车吗?
She went to Yumms. Can I drive?
爸爸要去辛迪加报业了 – 没这么快
Dad’s going to be syndicated. – Not so fast.
还有些其他候选人呢…
There’re others being considered…
啊,太好了 能让我来开车吗?
Aw, that’s great. Can I drive?
你开的不错,只是 因为其它很多司机…
Look. You’re a fine driver. It’s the just the other hundred million dr…
如果你不让我开 我永远也学不会
If you don’t let me, I’ll never learn.
如果我让你开 你可能会丢掉性命
But if I let you, you may not live.
这是什么意思? 你在干什么?
What was that? What are you doing?
你难道不觉得难堪吗? – 抱歉打断你的学习
Could you be more embarrassing? – Sorry to interrupt your studies.
我们不能像你一样 不食人间烟火,不行
Well, we can’t all be monks like you. No.
顺便说一句,你被禁足了 – 什么,我被禁足了?
By the way, you’re grounded. – Oh, I’m grounded?
嗯,多长时间?
Mm-hmm. For how long?
永远 – 爸爸,别说了
For life. – Dad, come on.
太欺负人了 – 告诉我怎么回事
It’s humiliating. – Tell me about it.
好吧,禁足一个月
Grounded for a month.
一个月!这比一辈子更糟糕
A month! But that’s worse than forever.
好吧,爸,为什么? – 你说谎了
OK, Dad, why? – You lied to me.
是的 因为我怕你接受不了
Yeah, well, you can’t handle the truth.
下次试试看
Try me next time.
但是…但是… – 噢,别,别
But… but… – No, no. No. No.
好吧,爸爸,我…我爱马蒂 – 噢,天
OK, Dad. I… I love Marty. – Oh, please.
好的 – 上车
OK. – Come on.
爸爸,爸爸,爸爸,爸爸,等等 听我说,听我说
Dad, Dad. Dad, Dad, stop. OK, just listen. Listen.
我当时不清楚 一段时间后才知道的
I didn’t know right away. It took me a while.
“一段”是多久? – 我认识他三星期了
What’s a while? – I’ve known him for three weeks,
但认识三天后我就知道了
but I knew in three days.
你不可能三天就知道爱不爱的
You can’t know in three days.
喔,也许她可以 – 不可能,不可能
Well, maybe she can. – No, no. No.
你现在的感觉 不是爱情
What you’re feeling is not love.
你还年轻,太莽撞 – 不是的,我爱他
It is young and reckless. – Yes, it is. I love him.
你也许认为这是爱,其实不是的! – 不,我爱他,我爱他
You may think it’s love, it is not! – No, I love him. I love him.
不,不是的,不是的 – 我爱他
No, it’s not. No, it’s not. – I love him.
我爱他,我爱他
I love him. I love him.
爸爸?你还好吧?
Dad? You OK?
简大学的学费没了
There goes Jane’s college education.
卡拉的也没了
There goes Cara’s.
喔,不,那我的呢? – 你啊,你的还在
Oh, no. What about mine? – No, you’re good.
啊,不对,等等,你的也没了
Ah, no, wait. There it goes.
你不能分开我和马蒂
You can’t keep me from Marty.
爸爸,我提醒你 男孩子也占“半边天”
Dad, let me remind you that guys are half the world,
我会找到其他人的
and I’ll find others.
但是你要知道我只 喜欢马蒂
But know that only Marty gets my heart.
上车
In the car.
我知道有一个很棒的司机 – 不行
I know a really good driver. – No.
不行
No.
你的
Here you go.
我觉得你的姐姐们 对我不满呢
I think your sisters aren’t very happy with me.
当然了 – 为什么呢?
Duh. – Why do you think?
你是一个好父亲 但有时候是个坏爸爸
You’re a good father, but sometimes a bad dad.
谁告诉你说这些的? – 没有人
Who told you to say that? – No one.
简还是卡拉? 你可以告诉我
Was it Jane or Cara? You can tell me.
我自己想的 – 不可能,不会是你
I made it up myself. – No. You didn’t.
你哪个姐姐告诉你 说这个的?
Which one of your sisters told you to say that?
我自己想的 我四年级了
I made it up myself. I’m in the fourth grade.
我可以自己想了 – 是简还是卡拉?
I can make things up for myself. – Jane or Cara?
我自己想的 – 简还是卡拉?
I made it up myself. – Jane or Cara?
我四年级了 – 她四年级了!
I’m in the fourth grade. – She’s in the fourth grade!
噢,他们到了
Oh, they’re here.
他们来了,快过来,孩子们
They’re here. Come, girls.
嘿,爷爷 – 很开心见到你
Hey, Poppy. – Good to see you.
嘿,莉莉
Hi, Lil.
嘿,爸爸
Hey, Dad.
现在我们到齐了 – 嗯
Well, now we’re all here. – Mm-hm.
你怎么样? – 很好…也许不好
How you doing? – Uh, fine. Or maybe not.
我的孩子们受不了我 – 也许正因为你做的是正确的
My kids can’t stand me. – Means you’re doing something right.
噢,你们都… 嘿,宝贝
Oh, you’re so… Hiya, honey.
瞧瞧你的孩子们 她们都长大了
Look at your girls. They’re all grown up.
没有没有 他们还都小呢
No, no, no. They’re still very young.
过来,莉莉,莉莉 – 嘿,你好吗?
Come on, Lilly. Lilly. – Hey, how are you?
她长大了 – 天天都在长大
She’s getting big. – Getting bigger every day.
嘿,伙计 – 丹,嘿
Hey, man. – Dan the man.
很高兴见到你
Good to see you.
嘿 – 嘿
Hello. – Hello.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!