先生
Mister?
天哪
Jesus.
我凑够钱了
I got the money.
不好意思
Excuse me.
罗恩 那两个奥斯丁人用的是AZT
Ron, I got two from Austin, both on AZT.
保险公♥司♥承担他们的治疗费
Their insurance is paying for their treatment,
他们想知道换药会不会太贵
but they don’t know if they can afford to switch.
安排他们参加吧
Hook ’em up.
我们没钱了
We’re pretty cash poor.
把车卖♥♥了
Sell the car.
贫血 癌症
Anemia, cancer,
骨髓枯竭 癫痫
bone marrow depletion, seizures,
发热 听觉丧失 阳痿 神经疾病
fever, hearing loss, impotence, neuropathy.
听起来像不像艾滋病
Sound like AIDS to you?
不 这只是AZT引起的
Nah, that there comes in a box of AZT,
副作用而已
a list of the side effects.
难怪瑞漾没挺住
No wonder Rayon is dead.
瑞漾是个瘾君子
Rayon was a drug addict.
他不是死于注射了一天AZT
He didn’t die from one day of AZT,
而是死于种种疾病的积累
he died from the disease as a whole.
而且你偷了我的处方笺 罗恩
And you stole my prescription pad, Ron,
所以别把他的死怪在我头上
so don’t accuse me of acting irresponsibly.
瑞漾是自己来医院的
Rayon came to the hospital on his own.
他被装在垃圾袋里拖走了
He got dragged out in a goddamn garbage bag!
他也是我的朋友
He was my friend, too!
看看这个吧
Read that.
把我所有参加临床试验的
I want all my HIV patients on the asymptomatic study
《柳叶刀》
病人的AZT剂量减到最低
to have their AZT doses lowered to the minimum.
600毫克
Six hundred milligrams.
我这里有3000人需要T肽
I got over 3,000 people who need to get their hands on Peptide T,
包括我自己
all right, including me.
我知道 他们把实验室关了
I understand. They shut your lab down.
要我怎么做
What can I say?
如果我周末之前拿不到药的话
Look, if I don’t get it by the end of the week,
我就要告他们
I wanna file a lawsuit.
拜托 罗恩
C’mon, Ron.
禁止令的官司你输了 记得吗
You lost the restraining order, remember?
这里是德克萨斯
This is Texas.
走法律程序是下下之选啊
The court system’s your final resort.
那就找一个法律管用的地方
Well, then find a place where it fucking ain’t.
到旧金山去
Go to San Francisco.
找个容易搞定的法官 想办法啊
Get me a goddamn sissy judge. Just figure it out.
印了一万份
Ten thousand of ’em.
很好
Perfect.
接下来由我来自疾病防治中心的同事
I would like to turn it over to my colleague
来谈一下防范措施
from the CDC to talk about prevention.
伍德鲁夫先生
Mr. Woodroof.
你能告诉我们你来这里干什么吗
Would you kindly tell us what you’re doing?
我只是在给他们普及
Oh, I’m just givin’ people information, Richard,
我实验的信息 理查德
about this trial I’m in.
我不想让他们被蒙在鼓里
Wanna make sure they know what’s goin’ on.
我们瞒着他们什么了
And what is going on?
为什么禁止使用T肽 理查德
Why d’you cut off Peptide T, Richard, huh?
我可以证明它无毒而且有用
Non-toxic drug that I got proof works,
国家心理健康研究所 你的同行
and that the National Institute of Mental Health,
也说它是绝对安全的
your own people, say is completely safe.
传阅一下
Pass this down.
伍德鲁夫先生 你不过是个
Mr. Woodroof, I’m afraid that you are nothing more
普通的药贩子
than a common drug dealer,
如果你没别的事 我们…
so if you’ll excuse us, we would like…
你说我是个药贩子吗
Oh, I’m the drug dealer?
你才是他妈的药贩子
No, you’re the fucking drug dealer.
他妈的 人都要死了
I mean, God damn, people are dying,
你们却还在担心他们会
and y’all are all up there afraid
背着你们找到其它治疗方法
that we’re going to find an alternative without you.
医药公♥司♥付钱给药监局以推出产品
See, the pharma companies pay the FDA to push their product.
所以他们当然不想看我的研究
So, fuck no, they don’t wanna see my research.
好了 够了
All right! It’s enough!
我可没那么多钱
I don’t have enough cash
能勾起他们的兴趣
in my pocket to make it worth their while.
我告诉你 直到我死
Tell you what, I’m gonna be
我都会一直和你做对
a pain in your ass until I’m six feet under!
也许有一天 你会丢了你的工作
Maybe one day, you’ll get off your ass and do your fucking job!
请你离开
I need you to leave, let’s go.
传阅一下 好吗
Here, pass these around, would you?
走吧 先生 出去
Come on, sir. Let’s go.
别听那些王八蛋的
Don’t listen to those cocksuckers.
为了大家好 我们希望你能辞职
We think it is in everyone’s best interest that you resign.
我不辞
I won’t.
有本事就炒了我
You’ll have to fire me.
伊维
Eve!
伊维
Eve!
你们都去死吧
Y’all go fuck yourselves!
好吧
Well…
只剩一瓶了
One left.
你真够有种的
That took some balls.
来个温暖的拥抱
Hey, nice warm hug?
好
Yeah.
你需要这个
That’s what you need,
再去看一天骑牛
that and a day of watching bull riding.
这是伍德鲁夫医生的医嘱
Dr. Woodroof’s orders.
你想念平凡生活吗
You ever miss your regular life?
平凡生活
Regular life?
那是什么
What is that?
那不存在
It doesn’t exist.
我也觉得
Yeah, I guess.
不 不 我只是…
No, no, I just…
我只是想…
I just wanna…
什么
What?
我想喝冰啤酒 再骑一次牛
Ice cold beer, bull ride again.
带我的女人去跳舞 你懂吗
Take my woman dancing, you know?
我想要孩子
I want kids.
我只能活一次 对吧
I mean, I got one life right? Mine.
但我有时候想过过别人的人生
But I want somebody else’s sometimes.
有时候我觉得我在为一个
Sometimes I feel like I’m
我没时间享受的人生奋斗
fighting for a life I ain’t got time to live.
我想活得有价值
I want it to mean somethin’.
你做到了
It does.
滚开 混♥蛋♥
Get out of the road, jackass!
先生 你站在马路中间了
Sir! You’re in the middle of the street.
请走回你的车里
Step over by your vehicle right now.
请走回你的车里
Step over by your car.
-让我来 -先生 请到路边来
– Hey, I got ya! – Sir, step out of the road.
让我来
Hey! I got it!
罗恩 你这是怎么回事
Ron, what the hell is going on, huh?
听得见我说话吗
D’you understand me?
来 我送你回家
C’mon. I’ll get you home.
六个月后
宪法的第九修正案
The constitution, specifically the Ninth Amendment,
没有申明你们有
does not state that you have the right
享受身心健康的权利
to be mentally healthy or physically healthy.
这里确实写明你们有权利
It does state that you have a right
选择自己医疗药物的权利
to choose your own medical care,
但前提是该药物需要得到
but that is interpreted as medical care that is approved
药监局的批准
by the Food and Drug Administration.
至于药监局
Regarding the FDA,
本庭十分反感其针对
the court is highly disturbed by its bullying tactics
一种经机构认证为无害的药物的
and direct interference with a drug whose own agency
霸王条款和直接干预
has found to be non-toxic.
药监局是为了保护人们
The FDA was formed to protect people,