去接受水疗
Take your blessed water cure,
回来后为我们赢得胜利
Come back and win it for us.
她马上就好了
She’s nearly ready.
谢谢 请把这些快点搬走
Thank you. Move those quickly, please.
-我想和你一起去 -不行
– I want to come with you. – No.
-马尔文又不远 -坐火车要两天呢
– Malvern’s not so far. – Parslow! It’s two days by coach.
如果孩子提前出生呢
What if the baby comes early?
那有医生
They have doctors there.
你的任务是留在这照顾孩子
Your job is here with the children.
他们也需要父亲
They also need their father.
我现在不能照顾其他孩子
I can’t care about the other children now.
只能照顾安妮
I can only care about Annie!
当心她的披肩 给她围好
Mind her shawl, make sure it’s tucked in.
好的 谢谢 好了 小青蛙
Alright, thank you. Thank you. Alright, little frog.
我做了这些 这是安妮最爱吃的
I made these. It’s annie’s favourite.
谢谢
Thank you.
你好了以后就能又看到妈妈了
You will see your mama when you’re well again.
-布罗蒂 上车 -不 不
– Brodie, get aboard. – No! No!
-说再见吧 -不 我不想说再见
– Say goodbye, now. – No, I don’t want to say goodbye!
-快说再见 -不 我要和你一起去
– Say goodbye now. – No, I’m going with you.
我要和你们一起去 在这等我
I’m going with you. Wait there! Wait for me!
走 现在就出发
Go! Go now.
走啦
Walk on.
达尔文先生 老朋友
Mr Darwin, old friend. Mr darwin.
我们有多久没见了 上一次看到是还是
How long has it been? I haven’t clapped eyes on you since…
我们现在该干什么呢
Well… so, what have we now? What have we now?
舌头我看看
Tongue? Hmm-hm.
把衬衣掀起来 看看你的肝
Shirt up. Let me feel your liver.
好的 起来
Right. Up.
脉搏紊乱 有舌苔 肝脏虚弱肥大
Pulse hectic, tongue furred, liver tender and enlarged.
很明显 你把上帝给你的时间
And obviously you’ve been
全部用来锻炼大脑了
exercising your brain every hour that god gave you.
-我写了一本书 -你疯了
– I have been writing a book. – Madness!
这一切都太费神了
There are far too many of those already.
-睡眠怎么样 -很不好
– Are you sleeping? – Poorly.
我猜你从没用过50%浓度的白屈菜
And I suppose never taking the 50c dilution of chelidonium?
我让木匠盖了座水塔
I had my carpenter build a water tower.
可一点用也没有
It no longer has any effect.
当然没用 你的木匠又不是医生
Of course not! Your carpenter isn’t a hydrotherapist.
-到底是什么让你发疯一样 -我害怕死去
– What on earth possessed you? – I feared I was dying.
不 拜托 我们不谈这个
Oh, come, come, come. We shall not have that talk here.
脊椎擦洗 每天7点冷水冲洗
A sharp spinal scrub, cold douche daily at 7:00am,
然后蒸烤发汗
And sweating by the lamp.
不吃牛羊肉 不看书
No red meat, no reading,
不做任何脑力劳动
No mental agitation of any kind.
你很快就会好的
We shall soon have you right,
达尔文先生 很快就会好的
Mr Darwin. We shall soon have you right.
爸爸 我现在好多了 真的
Papa? I think I’m feeling better now. Honestly.
爸爸
Papa!
主啊 我谦卑地跪在您面前
Sir, I kneel before you in all humility.
如果您有神力 请救她
If it is in your power, god, to save her…
我会用余生虔诚信奉您
…then I will believe in you for the rest of my days.
带我走吧 如果必须有人死 不要是她
Take me, if you must take someone, but not her. She…
您瞧 她是如此可爱的小女孩 她
She’s such a good little girl, you see. She…
我以圣子之名和我的孩子
I ask this in the name of your child and mine
以及所有孩子的名义请求您
And in the name of all children.
谢谢 阿门
Thank you. Amen.
你做什么的时候会出现这些症状
With what do you most associate these symptoms?
吃饭时
Eating?
情绪激动时 剧烈运动时
Strong emotion? Physical exertion?
还是一些特殊行为
Any particular action?
-回忆算是一种行为吗 -什么回忆
– Is… is memory an action? – Memory of what?
-关于我女儿的 -当然
– My daughter. – Of course.
你必须承认你尽力了
You must accept there was nothing more to be done.
亲爱的朋友 她在天堂里
Oh, dear fellow… she is in heaven.
是啊 我妻子也这么认为
Yes, that’s what my wife believes.
对她来说是个巨大的安慰
It is a great consolation to her.
但你不是
But not you?
她和我有分歧
She and I are divided on it.
-你们以前也经常这样吗 -不
– Were you always? – No.
安妮去世后才这样
Only since Annie died.
到了
Whoa, there.
查尔斯 对于安妮的死我很难过
Charles, I’m… I’m so very sorry about Annie.
-她在哪里 -在圣母堂
– Where is she? – In the lady Chapel.
谢谢 谢谢
Thank you. Thank you.
从那之后 她就
Since that time, she has
向宗教寻求慰藉 而我则向科学寻找答案
sought refuge in religion, and I in science.
这种分歧影响到你们的婚姻关系了吗
Has this division… affected your marital relations?
我们已经无话可说了
We have none any more… to speak of.
也许这样也好
Perhaps that’s for the best.
你的意思是
Meaning?
我们最小的孩子
Our last baby…
查理 很早就夭折了
Baby Ch… baby Charlie. He barely survived beyond infancy and…
你熟悉德昆西的作品吗
Are you familiar with the writings of De Quincey?
是的 我读过他的书
Yes, I… i’ve read him.
我不想谈他
I have no time for the man.
他认为潜意识在我们不经意时
He maintains that certain thoughts
就能根治于我们的内心
can reside in our mind… …without us being aware of them.
然后他们化身为疥疮鬼魂
They then may manifest as boils
让人昏厥
And fainting spells… and ghosts.
是的 有可能
It’s po… it’s possible, yes.
安妮葬在马尔文 对吧
Annie is buried here in Malvern, is she not?
-是的 -你去祭奠过她吗
– Yes. – And have you yet visited the grave?
-我真的不想谈这个 -当然
– I really do not wish to discuss this. – Of course…
-这有什么关系 -这很重要
– What possible bearing can it have? – It has every bearing.
那是你一厢情愿的看法
That is your opinion.
你的治疗很有效 我觉得我已经好的
Your treatments have been effective. I feel cured.
先生 我不这么认为
I think not, sir.
我觉得你还没有痊愈
I think you’re not yet cured.
-达尔文先生 你有信仰吗 -什么
– Do you have faith, Mr Darwin? – What?
你说宗教并不能安慰你
You say you take no comfort from religion,
那你有信仰吗
but do you have faith?
除非你有信仰 否则世界上所有的水
Until you do, all the waters
都治愈不了你
in the world will not be the cure of you.
安妮
Annie?
安妮 安妮
Annie! Annie!
安妮
Annie!
安妮
Annie!
安妮
Annie!
有人吗
Hello?
有人吗
Hello?
有人吗
Hello? Hello?
-晚上好 -晚上好
– Good evening. – Good evening.
我是达尔文 我前段时间在这住过
I’m Mr Darwin. I lodged here some time ago.
12号♥房♥ 对吧
Room number 12, wasn’t it?
是的
Yes, it was.
只要10分钟就好
I would only be ten minutes or so.
第一层
First floor.
-右边最后一间 -是的 我记得
– Last room on the right. – Yes, I remember.
谢谢
Thank you.
我带了药膏
I have the embrocation.
她还需要其他东西吗
Does she want for anything else?
不用了 有这个就够了
No, I’m sure that will do admirably.
好了 小家伙
Alright. Alright, little one.
好了 来
Here we go. Now, then.
把这个涂上就好了
Just rub this on.
-感觉怎么样 好点了吗 -好点了
– How’s that? Better? – Yes.
亲爱的艾玛 我想我应该
Dearest Emma, I think it
告诉你我们是如果如何度过每一天的
best for you to know how each day passes.
加里医生的治疗最终还是见效了
Doctor Gully’s treatments are having some effect at last.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!