继续 讲讲关于
Go on. Tell me about the bit
她如何生病然后死了的事
Where she gets sick and dies.
你为什么会想听那个
Why do you want to hear that bit?
我喜欢 那让我想哭
I like it. It makes me cry.
赫胥黎认为我应当
Huxley is of the opinion that
写下来 把它完成
I should write and be done with it.
他说这是关于道义勇气的问题 或者
Says it’s a question of moral courage, or of…
更该说是我缺少道义勇气
Or rather my lack of it.
你跟他说你的健康问题了吗
Did you tell him about your health?
他的理论是我因畏缩不前
His theory is that
使自己生病
I’m making myself ill by holding back,
就是说 我该冲破一切
And… that I should lance the boil, so to speak.
感谢上帝他不再是外科医生了
Thank the Lord he’s no longer a surgeon.
我认为他是对的
I have concluded that he’s right.
像是 咬紧牙关 速度至上
You know, bite the gag. Speed is everything.
大约几个月就好了
It will all be over in a matter of months.
不只是几个月
It is not mere months…
也不是几年或者几十年的问题
…Nor even years nor decades
让我担心 查尔斯
That concern me, Charles.
你是否真的
Do you really care…
不在乎你不灭的灵魂
…So little for your immortal soul?
查尔斯 你是否毫不在乎
Charles… do you not care
你可能永远不会通过天堂之门
That you may never pass through the gates of heaven
你我将被永世分隔两地
And that you and I may be separated for all eternity?
我当然在乎 当然在乎
Well, of course I care. Of course I do.
你认为这些年是什么
What do you think has
让我处于地狱边境
Kept me in limbo all these years?
我是只无性的蜜蜂
I am a neuter bee.
我是个科学家 因为害怕更清楚地看到
I’m a scientist, and I dare not study
那些于我已经稀松平常的东西
For the fear of seeing more
我不敢研究
Clearly what is already as plain as day to me.
你认为那还不够折磨吗
Do you not think that’s torture enough?
我认为你在与主战斗 查尔斯
I think you are at war with God, Charles.
我们都知道这场战争你不可能胜利
We both know it is a battle you cannot win.
-把球给我 -不 你作弊
– Give me the ball! – No, you cheated!
-诅咒你 女人 -你作弊
– Curse you, woman! – You cheated!
埃蒂
Etty!
埃蒂 埃蒂 埃蒂
Etty, Etty, Etty!
你没结过婚吗 布罗蒂
Were you never married, Brodie?
我吗 没有
Myself? No.
他去了澳大利亚 我错过了机会
He went off to Australia. I missed my chance.
我永远不会结婚
I shall never marry.
我知道男人怎么让你生孩子
I know how men give you babies.
我由衷地希望你不知道 安妮·达尔文
I sincerely hope you do not, Annie Darwin!
大家往后退 看着岩石
Everybody step back and look at the rock.
如果你看着它 好好看着它
If you look at it, really look at it,
它可以带我们穿越时间回到过去
It can take us back through time.
看这些灰色的泥层
See these greyish, muddy layers?
他们被静谧而温柔的河流带到此处
They were brought here by quiet, patient, gentle rivers,
然而这些戏剧性的沙岩沉积
Whereas these dramatic sandstone deposits
告诉我们那些强烈风暴
Are telling us of huge storms,
那些百万年前的强烈风暴
Storms that came through here millions of years ago
当萨拉姨妈只是个小女孩
When aunt Sarah was just a little girl
村庄里是一片充满恐龙的湿地
And down village was a swamp full of dinosaurs.
-恐龙是什么 -类似于蜥蜴
– What’s a dinosaur? – It’s a lizard…
欧文教授发明了它们
Professor Owen invented them.
他并不是发明了它们
He didn’t exactly invent them.
-它们不是真的 -是 他们是真的
– They weren’t real! – Yes, they were.
穿上点衣服 你会感冒的
Put some clothes on! You’re going blue.
看我发现了什么 带刺的星星鱼 别告诉我
Look what I found! Spiny starfish! Don’t tell me.
海里星 没错吧
Marthasterias Gacialis, look!
是叫海星
Glacialis.
我是火地人
I am fuegian!
我在做奶油蛋羹
I’m making custard!
他跟我说过的
He did, he told me!
这对其他孩子不公平
It is not fair to the other children,
对安妮也不公平
Nor to Annie herself,
她的大脑填满了这些观念
That her head be filled with these ideas.
但爸爸说过的
But daddy said!
我希望你处理这些问题
I will leave you to deal with this.
-他跟我说过的 -嘘
– He did, he told me! – Hush.
再见 安妮
Goodbye, Annie.
出什么事了
What happened?
没事
Nothing.
你的膝盖 你的膝盖怎么了
Your knees. What happened to your knees?
英尼斯神父和她争吵起来
Reverend Innes had have words with her.
她膝盖怎么了
What happened to her knees?
英尼斯神父把我带到
Reverend Innes sent me to
一个角落让我跪在岩盐上
The corner and made me kneel on rock salt.
-为什么 -我说有恐龙
– Why? – I said there were dinosaurs,
他说没有恐龙这种东西
And he said there weren’t.
但是有 你发现了它们
But there were because you found them!
我的外套在哪
Where’s my coat?
带她去厨房♥ 给她找点药 好吗
Take her to the kitchen, find her some medicin, will you?
我的外套在哪
Where’s my coat?
他让她一直跪到她忏悔为止
He told her to kneel until she repented,
所以那些痕迹是她顽固的结果
So the marks are a result of her own stubbornness.
她再三反驳他
She contradicted him repeatedly.
听听你说了些什么 艾玛
Listen to yourself. Emma!
他怎么敢因为我们的孩子
How dare he torture our children
说了最简单的真♥相♥就折磨她
For expressing the plain and simple truth?
那不是他认为的真♥相♥
It is not the truth as he sees it.
我管他认为什么是真♥相♥
Damn how he sees it!
一定要我们的孩子在九岁就成为小革命者吗
Must our children be revolutionaries at nine years of age
他在教他们否决自己看到的证据
He is teaching them to deny the evidence of their own senses.
这同每晚睡前我跟他们讲的一样
No more than I have told them every night at bedtime.
这是我们作为父母和祖父母的教导
It is the instruction of our parents and grandparents.
这是我们整个村庄相信的
It’s what all of the village believe,
或者努力相信的
Or try to.
查尔斯 英尼斯神父是我们
Charles, Reverend Innes is
亲密的朋友以及邻里
A dear friend and neighbour.
拜托别和他对立
Please, do not set yourself against him.
我求你了
I beg you.
看在你的份上
For you.
不是他
Not for him.
万物光明美丽 一切生物伟大且渺小
All things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small.
万物智慧且美好
All things wise and wonderful.
上帝创造一切
The Lord God made them all
我们低头祈祷
Let us pray.
主啊 世界被您策划支配
Lord God… we know the world is governed by thy plan…
包括您创造的最微小的生物
…Extending to the merest creatures thou hast made,
哪怕一只麻雀
Such that even a sparrow
也是经由您的意志跌落在地
Falls not to the ground without thy will.
教给我们 一切的不幸 病痛和死亡
Teach us that all misfortune, all sickness and death,
一切我们抱怨的磨炼与痛苦
All the trials and miseries of which we daily complain…
都是为我们着想
…Are intended for our good…
不要因毫无关爱的世界而充满奇想
…Being not the whims of an uncaring universe…
而应纠正自我 成为一名
…But the corrections of a wise…
明智且和蔼的长辈
And affectionate parent.
奉你的名指引我们
Teach us this in thy name, O lord.
-阿门 -阿门
– Amen. – Amen.
今天的课是创世纪部分
The lesson today is taken from the book of genesis.
-第一章 26到30行 -抱歉
– Chapter one, verses 26 to 30. – Sorry.
-不好意思 抱歉 -神说
– Excuse me. I’m so sorry. – And God said,
我们要照着我们的形象
“Let us make man in our image,
按着我们的样式造人
After our likeness.”
使他们管理海里的鱼
“And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea,
空中的鸟
And over the fowl of the air,
地上的牲畜和全地
and over all the cattle and over all the earth,
并地上所爬的一切昆虫
And over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!