Fiamma, the great British summertime rarely indulges us.
菲奥玛 英国的夏日是很难遇见的
It is barely past lunch.
刚吃过午饭
I will get a cramp and sink like a stone.
我会抽筋然后像石头一样沉下去的
Suit yourself.
随你便吧
Girls.
姑娘们
Last dive, girls.
最后一跳 姑娘们
Show me something interpretive.
来点儿表演吧
Come on, be sexy, girls!
来吧 性感点儿 姑娘们
Look, Miss G. Whoa!
看啊 G小姐
Well done, Fuzzy. Elephant. Poodle.
干得漂亮 法茜 大象 卷毛狗
Chicken dance.
小鸡舞
No textbooks today, girls.
今天不用课本 姑娘们
Look at this! Look at this hat.
看看这个 看看这顶帽子
Now, a story about Africa, I think.
现在 讲个关于非洲的故事
The last remains of the First Mate.
大副最后的遗物
Mr Riley I believe his name was.
我记得他的名字叫莱利先生
He died in a mandrake swamp on the way to the Congo Francais.
他在去刚果法兰西的路上死在了曼德拉沼泽
Poor Mr Riley.
可怜的莱利先生
We were touring in a steamer,
我们乘坐汽船旅行
but he wanted to take a canoe and explore deeper into the lagoon.
但他想划着独木舟去探索淡水湖的深处
A fascinating pursuit,
很有吸引力的探险
but a pleasure to be indulged with caution,
但是必须处处小心
for you are certain to come across crocodiles.
因为你一定会遇到鳄鱼
Taken, he was, right out of the canoe.
他被鳄鱼拽下了独木舟
It was a case of ‘here one minute, gone the next’.
就像”前一秒被抓住 下一秒就消失了”
Foolish man.
愚蠢的人
Probably spent his last moments wondering why,
也许在他最后一刻才会想为什么…
having reached this point of folly…
自己这么愚蠢…
…he need have gilded the lily
…非得多此一举
by fooling around in mangrove swamps.
愚蠢地来这曼德拉沼泽乱闯
You must have heard me tell this one before.
你一定是听我过讲这个故事
I believe I must.
我想一定是
Nevertheless…we…
尽管如此…我们…
…we pushed on towards the Ogowe River…
…我们扔向奥格威河驶去…
…plagued by mandrake flies.
…被曼德拉蝇烦的要死
The stench of the swamp…
沼泽的恶臭…
Fairy tales. Like all her stories.
童话 像所有她的故事一样
Now not only are there crocodiles…
现在不止是有鳄鱼…
Miss G has risked it all.
G小姐亲身经历过这一切
She’s fearless and true and an example to everyone of us.
她无畏且真诚 是我们所有人的榜样
I think you’ll find Mary Kingsley risked it all in 1♥8♥9♥7.
你会发现玛丽·金斯利在1♥8♥9♥7年经历过这一切
A bestseller, I think.
她的畅销书
It was certainly translated into Spanish.
被译成了西班牙语
…to exit and begin its external life.
…离开并开始了它在外的生活
Come on, Laurel, you can do it.
加油 萝瑞尔 你能行
Come on, Poppy!
加油 波比
Fantastic, Laurel.
棒极了 萝瑞尔
Well done, Laurel.
干得好 萝瑞尔
Where’s your courage?
你们的勇气哪儿去了
Why? Why can’t you give your all?
为什么 为什么你们不能竭尽全力
Where is your poetry? Your passion?
你们的诗意呢 你们的激♥情♥呢
Why do I bother?
我在费什么劲
Fiamma.
菲奥玛
We’re not finished.
你继续跳
Can we have another go, too?
我们也能重跳一次吗
No. Fiamma has another dive in her.
不行 菲奥玛还有一跳
We shall all wait until she finds it.
我们一直等着直到她找到状态
Fiamma.
菲奥玛
Where is she? Has she drowned?
她哪儿去了 她溺水了吗
I’m not going to save her.
我才不要去救她
She’ll pop up like a cork in a minute.
她马上会像软木瓶塞一样弹出来的
Fiamma has an intrepid spirit.
菲奥玛有着无畏的精神
Real mettle in her soul.
灵魂里有着无畏的勇气
Imagine possessing what she has.
想象拥有她所具备的
How different to this dull, aching existence.
同这枯燥痛苦的现实多么不同
Only Fiamma is willing to risk it all.
只有菲奥玛甘愿冒险
To push herself beyond her boundaries.
让自己突破极限
You may go and get changed.
你可以去换衣服了
Circuits for the rest of you.
其他人去游圈
It’s not fair.
这不公平
That was top-notch today, Fiamma.
今天是你的最佳水平 菲奥玛
Don’t feel bad for the others,
别为其他人感到难受
you can’t help being the best.
你不能阻止自己表现出最好
We have a great deal in common, you know.
我们有个很大的共同点
We have experienced so much, you and I.
我们都经历过很多 你和我
So much the same.
这么相似
There’s no reason why we shouldn’t be the best of friends.
我们一定能成为好朋友
I don’t understand why we were punished with circuits.
我不明白为什么我们被罚游圈
I did my best dive today, and Miss G didn’t even notice.
今天是我的最好一跳 但G小姐根本没注意到
I thought Laurel was very brave. Thank you.
我觉得萝瑞尔很勇敢 谢谢
So why are we in trouble?
那为什么我们会这么惨呢
Fiamma set the standard.
菲奥玛定下了新的标准
So? When you set the standard, we weren’t made to suffer.
那又怎样 你定标准时我们可没有受苦
What are you doing? We’re drawing from life.
你们在做什么 写生
Has anyone seen Fiamma? No.
有人见过菲奥玛吗 没有
Have you not seen her anywhere?
你们哪儿都没见过她吗
She’s been in a bate since this morning.
她今早起来心情就不好
I thought it was more of a wuss.
我觉得她肯定是害怕了
No, definitely a bate.
不 肯定是心情不好
Did you try the library or the rough patch?
你去过图书馆和果园了吗
I’ve done that twice now.
我已经找过两次了
Twice…
两次…
We should help look for her, I suppose.
我们应该帮她找找
Come on.
来吧
We’re on a mission for Miss G!
帮G小姐是我们的使命
But it’s so hot. Can’t we just stay here?
但是天太热了 我们不能就待在这儿吗
Fine. I’ll go on my own, then.
好吧 那我自己去
Look, over there!
看那儿
There you are.
你在这儿啊
Quite elusive today, aren’t you?
你今天真是行踪飘渺 不是吗
Why must you follow me?
你为什么总跟着我
We didn’t finish our conversation yesterday.
我们昨天的谈话还没有结束
I’ve nothing to say to you.
我跟你无话可说
I see.
我明白
You know, you really should make more of an effort to fit in.
你真该努力适应这里
I will not be here long enough to fit in.
我不会在这里待太久 没时间适应
My father will come and get me.
我父亲会来接我
Of course, dear.
当然了 亲爱的
But, you see, Laurel came for a term.
但你知道 萝瑞尔来这里一学期了
So did Rosie. Fuzzy thought she was going to be a day girl.
罗西也是 法茜本以为她只会在这里待一天
Only Di realised this is forever.
只有戴明白了 会永远待在这里
It is not forever.
并不是永远
They will leave you.
她们会离你而去
…and a loaf for Matron, please.
…一份女舍监的面包
Four sugared rolls,
4个加糖面包卷
three jam tarts and a loaf for Matron, please.
3个果酱馅饼和一份女舍监的面包
Four sugared rolls, three jam tarts…
4个加糖面包卷 3个果酱馅饼…
Four sugared rolls,
4个加糖面包卷
three jam tarts and a loaf for Matron.
3个果酱馅饼和一份女舍监的面包
Four sugared rolls,
4个加糖面包卷
three jam tarts and a loaf for Matron, please.
3个果酱馅饼和一份女舍监的面包
Can I help you?
需要点什么
Four sugared rolls,
4个加糖面包卷
three jam tarts and a loaf for Matron, please.
3个果酱馅饼和一份女舍监的面包
Will that be all, Miss?
就这些吗 小姐
Miss?
小姐?
And a…a quarter of lemon sherbets, please.
还有…一法辛的柠檬露 谢谢
I hope this makes the homesickness go away.
我希望这能让你不要那么思乡
Nothing worse than feeling all alone somewhere foreign.
没有比在国外独自一人更难过的了
I know that feeling.
我知道那是什么感觉

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!