Miss G, I wanted to thank you for lending me the book.
G小姐 谢谢你借我的书
Did you read it?
读完了吗
Yes.
是的
Did you get caught? No.
引人入胜吗 不
And anyway, I’m not sure what all the fuss is about.
其实我不太理解那种无事自扰
I wasn’t corrupted.
我没有过那样的经历
Good for you. Let them put that in their pipes.
不错 就让他们自说自话吧
All things bright and beautiful
一切光明与美好
All creatures great and small
一切伟大与渺小
All things wise and wonderful
一切智慧与奇妙
The Lord God made them all
都由上帝创造
All things bright and beautiful
一切光明与美好
All creatures great and small
一切伟大与渺小
All things wise and wonderful
一切智慧与奇妙
The Lord God made them all
都由上帝创造
Each little flower that opens
每朵绽放的鲜花
Each little bird that sings
每只歌♥唱的小鸟
He made their glowing colours
上帝为她们着色
He made their tiny wings
上帝为它们添翼
All things bright and beautiful
一切光明与美好
All creatures great and small
一切伟大与渺小
All things wise and wonderful
一切智慧与奇妙
The Lord God made them all
都由上帝创造
The purple-headed mountain
紫色的山脉
The river running by
奔腾的河流
The sunset and the morning…
傍晚清晨 日出日落
I stole milk from breakfast
早餐时我偷了牛奶
and made butter in an old cocoa tin.
在原来的可可罐里做黄油
But I’m going to share it
但我是打算和队友分享
with the team so it’s only half a sin, really.
所以其实只能算一半罪过
And I had lustful thoughts about the gardener’s boy.
我对园丁家的儿子怀有淫念
But he was only here for
但他只在这里待了一个夏天
the summer and I never even spoke to him.
我甚至都没和他说过话
Actually, I’ve had rather a lot of lustful thoughts.
其实我还有很多淫念
Do I have to be sorry for all of them?
我应该为此忏悔吗
One, two, three, four, five…
1 2 3 4 5…
Did you tell him? Yes.
跟他说了吗 说了
Everything? Not everything.
什么都说了吗 并非所有
Did you mention the book? And get Miss G into trouble?
提到那本书了吗 给G小姐添麻烦了吗
They don’t understand art and culture.
他们不懂艺术和文化
It’s stupid to ban books that tell you the truth about life.
禁止那些揭示人生真♥相♥的书籍太愚蠢了
I don’t think it’s wrong to want to know about the real world.
渴望了解真实世界并无罪过
We can’t stay pure forever.
我们无法永远单纯
Come on, Rosie.
快点 罗西
I’m so hungry.
我饿死了
Excuse me. Coming through.
抱歉 借过一下
Excuse me.
抱歉
I said excuse me!
我说了抱歉借过
Hello, team.
队友们 你们好啊
The new girl is arriving today.
新来的女孩今天到
Toast, fag.
烤面包工
Yes, Radfield?
有事吗 拉德菲尔德
Where’s my butter?
我的黄油呢
On your toast.
在你的面包上
Really? Where? Show me.
真的吗 在哪儿 指给我看
Oh, how generous of you
你还真慷慨啊
It’s funny. I go to all the trouble making butter for the team,
真讽刺 我费了劲给全队做黄油
and then I actually expect to have it on my toast.
期望自己也能分享到一点
Sorry, captain.
抱歉 队长
Do it again.
一点一点重新烤
From edge to edge. Or I’ll have you on a fork over that fire.
否则我就把你当面包烤了
I have to set the standards, or everything goes to hell.
我必须设定标准 否则什么都一团糟
Quick, she’s coming.
快 她来了
We have a new girl coming
有个新来的女孩要加入你们队
all the way from Spain to join your team.
她从西班牙来
And I want you to welcome her on her arrival.
我要求你们欢迎她
I know you are not always pleasant to new girls,
我知道你们并不善待新人
but I want you to be particularly nice to this girl
但我要求你们对这个女孩好一些
because she’s travelling such a distance,
因为她从另一个国家
from another country, another background.
从另一种文化中远道而来
She’s also a Roman Catholic,
她还是个天主教♥徒♥
but she will attend religious services with the rest of you.
不过还是会和你们一起参加宗教仪式
I want you to be kind.
我要求你们表现得友善
This girl is an aristocrat. She is accustomed to the best.
这个姑娘是个贵族 习惯了优越的生活
Yes, Miss Nieven.
好的 尼文小姐
Do you all understand? Yes, Miss.
你们都听明白了吗 是的 小姐
Bugger.
该死
Roman Catholics are superstitious and ignorant.
天主教♥徒♥都是迷信无知的人
That’s why they have those ghastly pictures of Christ
所以他们总是把基♥督♥描绘得很恐怖
bleeding with nails in his hands and thorns on his head.
用钉子和荆棘把手掌和头部刺到渗血
Catholic nuns bury their babies
天主教的修女
in the backs of convent gardens.
把她们的孩子埋在修道院的花♥园♥
And then they’re walled in,
让他们直立着被围起来
standing up. Can’t even sit down to die!
至死都不能坐下
When’s she arriving? I don’t know and don’t want to know.
她什么时候到 我不知道也不想知道
I hear the Spaniard is a gymnast.
我听说那个西班牙人练过体操
I hardly see the relevance of cartwheels to what we do.
我就不明白翻跟头和跳水有什么关系
Miss G allowed it,
是G小姐认可的
so I don’t want to hear another word about it.
所以我不想再听到任何怀疑
Shh, she’s coming.
轻点 她来了
It’s freezing in here!
这里真冷啊
What does Sunny Nieven do with your parents’ money?
桑尼·尼文把你们父母交的钱用到哪里了
It’s not going on the heating, that’s for sure.
肯定没用来供暖就对了
Must be throwing it away on drink, eh, girls?
都用来买♥♥醉了 是不是 姑娘们
Fuzzy, why are you hanging like a sack of spuds?
法茜 你怎么像袋土豆一样被吊着
I lost my bounce, Miss G.
我弹不起来了 G小姐
Laurel, give her some bounce.
萝瑞尔 帮帮她
That’s it. Feet together.
就是这样 双脚同步
Arms straight, eyes forward.
手臂伸直 眼睛向前看
You are sinew and muscle, cutting through air and water.
肌腱和肌肉穿透空气和水
With grace, with form,
优雅 舒展
with agility!
而又敏捷
Fuzzy, you can do better than that.
法茜 你应该做得更好
I had seconds of porridge and toast for breakfast
我早餐吃了粥和土司
and now I feel a bit queer.
现在有点不舒服
Fuzzy.
法茜
Is that the most important thing in life? Porridge?
生命中最重要的事情是什么 喝粥吗
No, Miss G. Then what is?
不是的 G小姐 那是什么
Think. God, Miss G.
想一想 是上帝 G小姐
No. Rosie? Being kind to all God’s creatures?
不是 罗西你觉得呢 友善
No, you’re missing the point, dear. Poppy?
不对 你还没领会 波比你说
Death. In life, Poppy!
死亡 我说在生命中 波比
Di? Desire, Miss G.
戴你说 欲望 G小姐
Yes! Thank you, Radfield!
对了 谢谢你 拉德菲尔德
The most important thing in life is desire.
生命中最重要的就是欲望
You can achieve anything you want.
你能得到你想要的一切
The world is yours for the taking.
世界为你而造
Nothing is impossible for you, my girls.
一切皆有可能 我的姑娘们
All you need is to desire it.
只要你有欲望
Do you have desire? Yes, Miss G.
你们有欲望吗 有 G小姐
If you have desire, nothing can stand in your way.
那么 没有什么能阻挡你前进
Aim high!
胸怀大志
We shall have a moment of contemplation.
我们应当沉思
I think we should hear
应该听听雪莱先生
Mr Shelley’s thoughts on excessive ambition.
对于野心的看法
Poppy?
波比?
“I met a traveller from an antique land
客自海外归 曾见沙漠古国
“Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
有石像半毁
“stand in the desert.
唯余巨腿
“Near them on the sand, half sunk, a shatter’d visage lies
蹲立沙砾间 像头旁落 半遭沙埋

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!