给我他妈的M16!
Give me the goddamn M16!
我掩护你们
I’ll cover you.
走!
Go!
我掩护你们!
I’ll cover you!
否定 长官!
Negative, ma’am!
带担架和更多的火力来接我!
Come back for me with a stretcher and more guns!
凯伦 别!走!这是命令!
Karen, please! Go! It’s an order!
凯伦 别!
Karen, please!
走!走!
Go! Go!
等等!
Wait!
等等!
Wait!
华登呢?
Where’s Walden?
她死了!
She’s dead!
不!
No!
莫菲兹说 她会向军事法庭起诉我们
Monfriez said she would have courtmartialled us.
Altameyer蠢得根本说不出话来
Altameyer was too fucked up to say anything.
她也许…
She was…
在凝固汽油弹轰炸前
She was probably killed by small arms
她也许被轻武器打死了
before the napalm ever hit.
不管怎样
Either way,
她会死于腹部的枪伤的
she never could have survived that stomach wound.
你认为那个重要吗?
You think that matters?
不
No.
不
No.
嗯
Hmm.
我受不了送这封信
I couldn’t bear to send this.
哦 我甚至都不想…
Uh, I didn’t even want to…
我都不想碰到它
I didn’t even want to touch it.
哦…
Uh…
你能为我把它交给她的父母吗?
Can you get it to her parents for me?
你能…?
Can you…?
求你了?
Please?
好吧
Yeah.
听着 我一会给你打电♥话♥
Uh, listen, I’m going to have to call you back.
你为我挂了电♥话♥?
You got off the phone for me?
为了这个你需要我 什么意思?
You’ll want me there for this. Meaning?
记得你叫我别买♥♥那盘磁带吗 谁会要两盘一样的?
Remember that stereo you told me not to buy cos who needs a dual cassette deck?
什么时候有人有理由要复♥制♥录音带呢?
When does anyone ever have a reason to copy a tape?
纳森 我要见的就是他
Nat, just the man I wanted to see.
你认识沙林上校吗?
Uh, do you know Colonel Serling?
这是华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥的Tony Gartner
This is Tony Gartner of the Washington Post.
越战中他在第9师
He was with the 9th in Vietnam.
Gartner先生
Mr Gartner.
上校
Colonel.
请坐 纳森
Take a seat, Nat.
他在追查我们对巴士拉伤亡事件的调查
He’s following up our investigation of Al Bathra,
好象他有一些问题要问我们
and it seems that he has a few questions that he’d like to ask us.
我们让他问吧
Let’s give him every facility.
谢谢 有一些原则
I appreciate that. Some ground rules, though.
我强调 我们被批准来安排
I insist we be allowed to schedule the release of all information
向公众提供关于伤亡信息的时间表
to the public regarding casualties.
好的 我希望我能帮助你 长官
Well, I wish I could accommodate you, sir,
但很不幸 通过一盘录音带
but, unfortunately, we’ll be going with a story based on a tape that I’ve acquired
录有那天夜里的通信…我们听到一个故事
of all radio communications that night.
所以
So,
我希望你们听听
I’d like you to listen
然后评价一下
and then comment for the record.
我不能就这个录音做评价
I can’t comment for the record.
这是正在进行的调查
This is an ongoing investigation.
先向右!向右转!
First right! Turn to the right!
军刀6号♥ 我是山猫5号♥
Sabre6, this is Bobcat5.
敌军坦克!重复!有敌军坦克 完毕
Enemy tangos! Say again! Enemy tanks in our Iines. Over.
军刀6号♥ 我是美洲狮6号♥ 敌军坦克在德耳塔线方位…
Sabre6, this is Cougar6. Enemy tangos at phase Iine delta…
我不认为这些…就是发生的事 将军
I don’t think any more of this… This is what happened, General.
自♥由♥6号♥ 我是军刀6号♥ 敌军坦克在我侧面 完毕!
Liberty6, this is Sabre6. Enemy tanks on our flank. Out!
Patella 给我找个目标
Patella, find me a target.
我找到了一个 长官 到底有没有找到目标?
I think I got one, sir. Do you or do you not have a target?
肯定是 长官 他们在向我们开火
It must be, sir. They’re firing at us.
装弹手!
Loader!
完毕 长官!
Up, sir!
发射!
Fire!
已发射!
On the way!
击中!我们打中它了!Yeah!
Target! We got that sucker! Yeah!
军刀6号♥ 我们损失了美洲狮6号♥ 重复…
Sabre6, we just Iost Cougar6. Repeat, we just Iost Boylar.
收到 长官 我们打中他了
Roger that, sir. We got him.
你刚才击中了友军 收到 我们… 什么?
You just Iit up a friendly. Roger that. We… What?
你刚才击中了友军 该死!
You just Iit up a friendly, goddamn it!
美洲狮6号♥是我们的坦克 上校 是这样吗?
Cougar6 was one of your own Abrams, Colonel Serling. Is that correct?
是的 是这样
Yes, that’s correct.
军刀6号♥ 发生什么事?军刀6号♥ 报告
Sabre6, Nat, what’s happening? Sabre6, report.
Patella 那是我们自己的坦克吗?
Patella, was that one of our tanks?
他们开火了
They fired.
向我们 还是向T72?
At us or at the T72s?
我不知道
I don’t know.
向我们 还是向T72 Patella?我不知道!
At us or at the T72s, Patella? I don’t know!
沙林上校 报告现在的状态
Colonel Serling, report status now.
他们在向我们开火!
They have range on us!
所有军刀单元 所有坦克停下 打开灯
AII Sabre elements, stop all tanks, turn on your Iights.
我重复 所有坦克停下 打开灯
I say again, stop all tanks and turn on your lights.
军刀6号♥ 纳森 那儿发生什么事?
Sabre6, Nat, what’s happening out there?
装弹
Load us up.
Patella 找目标 振作起来 找目标
Patella, find me a target. Snap out of it. Find me a target.
Patella 快!
Patella, come on!
锁定!已装弹
Target! We’re up.
灯亮的还是灭的?灭的
Lights on or off? Off.
发射!已发射
Fire! On the way.
长官?发射!
Sir? Fire!
沙林上校 报告状态!
Colonel Serling, report status now!
军刀6号♥ 已控制局面 将军
Sabre6, situation under control, General.
将军 沙林上校的开灯的命令
General, Colonel Serling’s order to activate lights,
是对敌人渗入我方的标准的反应吗?
was that a standard response to enemy infiltration of the lines?
在那种紧急关头
At the critical moment,
尽管损失很大
in spite of terrible losses,
沙林上校行动没有犹豫
Colonel Serling didn’t hesitate to act.
命令那些坦克开灯
Ordering those tanks to turn on their lights
挽救了我们许多士兵
saved the lives of God knows how many of our men.
绝境下
Heroic acts arise
才会出现英雄行为
out of desperate circumstances.
我绝对相信沙林上校是个英雄
I have no trouble at all believing that Colonel Serling is a hero.
就象上尉凯伦·华登
Like Captain Karen Walden.
你知道吗 Gartner先生 第一次有位女性
Did you know, Mr Gartner, for the first time a woman is being considered
因她战斗表现 而被考虑授予荣誉勋章?
for the Medal of Honour for her performance under fire?
哦
And, um,
沙林上校
Colonel Serling
刚刚完成调查
is just finishing up the inquiry.
事情进行得怎么样 纳森?
How’s that going, Nat?
我认为…
I think, uh,
为了尊敬象凯伦·华登这样的士兵
in order to honour a soldier like Karen Walden,
我们必须说出真♥相♥ 将军
we have to tell the truth, General,
关于那儿发生了什么
about what happened over there.
整个的 艰难的…
The whole, hard,
无情的事实
cold truth.
而且只有当我们说了事实
And until we do that, uh,
我们才真正尊敬她
we dishonour her
和每一位
and every soldier who died,
为国家牺牲的士兵
who gave their life for their country.
这是我的完整的报告 将军
My full report, General.
我们当中很少人有机会
Few of us are given the opportunity,
更有勇气
even fewer the courage,
为救同事而牺牲自己
to sacrifice ourselves for the lives of our comrades.