当她作出生死抉择时 她表现出恐惧吗?
Did she display fear when she had to make these Iifeanddeath decisions?
没有 从没有
No, never.
凯伦…上尉…她有这种品质
karen,… the captain… she had this quality.
压力越大 她越镇静
The heavier the pressure, the calmer she got.
她…你知道 她为成为军官付出极大努力
And she… you know, she put up with a Iot of shit to become an officer.
比别人努力一倍 比别人好一倍
Had to work twice as hard as everybody else, be twice as good.
她绝不会疏于职守 也不会表现出软弱
She’d never Iet her guard down, show any sign of weakness.
她很坚强她能处理的
But she was tough. She could handle it.
诸位 毕业典礼上 我要对你们说的是
So, ladies and gentlemen, what I have to say to you in closing
前进
is to go forth,
去正确的指挥
to command wisely,
谨慎的参谋
to advise prudently,
时刻保持警惕
to protect with vigilance
深思熟虑的判断
and to judge with care.
还有 最重要的
And above all,
用你们全部的身心 全部的灵魂
to defend with all your heart, all your soul
和全部的勇气
and all your courage
去保护你的下属
the lives of the men and women under your command,
和美♥利♥坚♥合众国
and the United States of America.
你说你的报告反对给她勋章?
Are you now saying you’II report against her getting the medal?
就象我跟白宫解释的那样 进行下一步前
As I explained to the White House, there should be a further investigation
还需要更深入的调查 那些矛盾…
before we move forward. The discrepancies…
完全是另一回事 重写一份报告
Another matter completely. Write up a second report.
那是我的重点 长官!
That’s my point, sir!
伊拉里欧消失了 Altameyer不见了
Ilario’s disappeared. Altameyer’s missing.
谁?Altameyer 长官 华登的小组长
Who? Altameyer, sir. Walden’s crew chief.
VA医院3星期前 给他转院了
VA hospital’s transferred him out three weeks ago.
文书不见了
Paperwork’s missing.
他有家属吗?
Doesn’t he have any family?
没有
Negative.
他妈的VA医院 我们不能等 纳森
Fucking VA. We can’t wait, Nat.
你想象不到 我处理这事有多烫手
You cannot imagine the kind of heat I’m getting on this.
每个人都想要它
Everybody wants it.
参议员 众议员 一个小细节能让他们相信
Senators, congressmen, one shiny piece of something for people to believe in.
整个故事
Whole episode.
华登 还是巴士拉?
Walden or Al Bathra?
两个 该死 两个都是
Both, damn it, both.
今天把你的报告交上来
Submit your report today.
对不起 长官
I’m sorry, sir.
我不会在一份没完成的报告上署名的
I won’t put my name on an incomplete report.
要我提醒你是谁推荐你这个工作的吗?
May I remind you who recommended you for this when noone else’d touch you?
你说你选择我是因为我不捣乱吗?
You saying you chose me because I wouldn’t rock the boat?
玩忽职守 酗酒 行为有失体面
Dereliction of duty, drunk and disorderly, conduct unbecoming.
最好的结果 开除军籍
At best, a dishonourable discharge.
最坏的结果 巴士拉给了我们战场如果要
At worst, Al Bathra gives us plenty of grounds, if we want ’em.
至少 有人最后能说出来
At least somebody has finally said it.
纳森 别那么做 我可以命令你交报告
Nat, don’t do this. I could give you a direct order to submit your report.
是的 你能
Yes, you could.
把Hillerman放回华登的文件里!
Put Hillerman back on the Walden file!
我把这个给你 纳森
I handed this to you, Nat, as a way back.
在你的职业生涯中 这可能是个地狱
You could’ve had one hell of a career.
给Meredith 我最好的祝福
And you give Meredith my best.
告诉她我没得选择
Tell her I didn’t have any choice.
我将自己完成这份报告
I’m going to finish this report.
如果我必须的话
On my own, if I have to.
我要写正确这份报告
I’m going to get this one right.
你要一个吗?
You want one?
不 谢谢
No, thank you.
为什么人有重要事要讲时 都不想吃东西?
Why is it people never want to eat when they got something important to say?
我总是想吃
I always want to eat.
我要你帮我找个人
Need you to help me find somebody.
你要我的帮助?
You want my help?
是的 名叫Altameyer Steven Altameyer
Yeah. Name’s Altameyer. Steven Altameyer.
救援直升机小组长 凯伦·华登的直升机
He was the crew chief on the medevac chopper, piloted by Karen Walden.
要获得荣誉勋章的那个?就是她
One supposed to get a Medal of Honour? The very one.
军队总要美化人是的 经常 不过不是这次
The Army’s usually tidy about its people. Yeah, usually, but not this time.
首先 他复员了 然后 送他去了医院
First he demobbed, then they had him in a VA hospital.
他们给他转院了 现在每人能找到他
They transferred him. Now noone can find him.
为什么要我帮你?
Why do you need me?
五角大楼里没人能帮忙吗?
Can’t someone in the Pentagon help?
我不在圈子里了
I’m out of the loop.
有人对你很不满?
Somebody pissed at you?
我不在圈子里了 那家伙重要吗?
I’m out of the loop. Somebody important?
你想不想帮我?谁约谁的?
You want to help me or not? Hey, who called who here?
是的 当然 我会帮你的
Yeah, sure, I’ll help.
不过告诉我为什么做它
Just tell me why I’m doing it.
当你追踪新闻时 你想要它正确 对吗?
When you go after stories, you want them to be right, yes?
是的
Yeah.
我也是
So do l.
好吧
OK.
那我帮你找到Altameyer
So, I help you find this Altameyer,
作为回报…?
and in return…?
我有个录音带
There’s a tape.
上帝 总有个录音带
Sweet Jesus. There’s always a tape.
你要听吗?是的
D’you want to hear this? Yeah.
是的 继续
Yeah, go on.
是在巴士拉那天夜里 我们坦克通信的录音带
There’s a tape of all communications between our tanks that night in Al Bathra.
他们要让它消失吗?
Are they trying to make it disappear?
我不这么认为 但他们也从没公布过它的存在
I don’t think so, but they’re not advertising its existence, either.
军队形象
The Army and its image.
当我找到Altameyer 我怎么联♥系♥你?
Where do I reach you when I find this Altameyer?
Bethesda Arms 旅馆
The Bethesda Arms.
汽车旅馆?
A motel?
打赌你现在生活得很好 非常好
Bet everything’s great in your life. Outstanding.
沙林
Serling,
吃点东西吧
eat something.
你看上去很糟
You look awful.
让我做个天使
# Make me an angel
从Montgomery起飞
# Flies from Montgomery
让我做个旅客
# Make me a poster
来自西部
# From an old rodeo
给我一样东西
# Just give me one thing
我能保留它
# That I can hold on to
使我相信生活
# To believe in this livin’
就是一条…
# It’s just a…
艰难的路
# Hard way to go
使我相信生活
# To believe in this livin’
就是一条…
# It’s just a…
艰难
# Hard way
的路
# To go
喂
Hello.
找到AItameyer了
Found AItameyer.
你抱怨吗?
Got any complaints?
什么?
Excuse me?
皮疹 器官衰退 牙龈出血
Rashes, fatigue, bleeding gums,
肌肉和关节痛 体重减轻 食欲减低
muscle and joint pain, loss of weight, loss of appetite,
失眠 对阳光有反应 你说得出的他身上都有
insomnia, reactions to bright sunlight. You name it, we’re seeing it.
我酗酒 这算一条吗?
I drink too much. Does that count?
我们都酗酒
Hell, we all drink too much.
他在那儿
Here he is.
Altameyer 你要刮脸吗?
Altameyer, you want a shave?
有为先生来看你 你要刮脸吗?
Gentleman here to see you. You want a shave?
他怎么了?
What’s wrong with him?
胃癌 那是致命的
Abdominal cancer. That’s what’s killing him.
他还有很多毛病
There’s many things wrong with him.
因为疼痛 他很少清醒很长时间
He’s never awake very long with all the pain.
我让你们呆一会儿
I’ll leave you two, then.
谢谢
Thank you.
你好吗 Steven?
How you doing, Steven?
我是沙林上校
I’m Colonel Serling.