Promise me.
我不能在这儿度过余生
I can’t spend the rest of my life in here.
肯尼等等
Kenny, wait.
这是什么
What’s this?
说不定到最后我能拿个学位呢
I thought maybe I could get a degree, finally.
为什么
Why?
我只是想 可能 我也不知道
I just thought, maybe… I don’t know.
可能我会申请法学院
Maybe I could eventually apply to law school.
你不能这样 你不能这样
You’re not doing this. You’re not doing this.
我下班以后去 我还可以…
I could go part time, I could still…
够了
Enough.
这就是我想做的…
So, this is what I’m gonna do and…
别笑 好吗
Don’t laugh, all right?
我先参加普通教育水平测试
I’m gonna start by trying to get a BA
然后去读个学士学位
after I finally take the stupid GED test,
接着 如果我能到那步的话
and after that, if I even get that far,
也不能确保可以进去
and there’s no guarantee I’ll even get in,
我会申请法学院
I’ll apply to law school.
但这会要很长时间
But it is gonna take along time,
肯尼 真的很长
Kenny, a really long time,
要知道 说不定我当上律师时
and, I mean, I might be 80 years old
已经八十岁了
before I finally become a lawyer,
即便如此 我还是不知道
and even then, I still don’t know
能不能找到解决办法
if I’m gonna find the answers.
但你必须向我保证
But you just have to promise me,
你必须保证
you just have to,
你绝不会再自杀
that you will never try to kill yourself ever again,
因为如果你这样做…
’cause if you do…
不要这样
Just don’t.
好的
Okay.
庭上 我的名字是贝蒂·安·沃特斯
May it please the court, my name is Betty Anne Waters
今天的争论点是我的委托人是否…
and the issue today is whether my client…
争论点是库珀太太是否…
The issue is whether Ms. Cooper…
错了 争论点在于是否…见鬼
No, the issue is whether… Shit.
重新开始 沃特斯太太 深呼吸
Start again, Ms. Waters. And breathe.
好吧 深呼吸
Right, breathe.
天啊
Jesus.
你搞什么鬼 本
What are you doing, Ben?
你们还好吗
You guys okay?
你拿到了 不是吗
Hey, you got them, didn’t you?
见鬼
Oh, shit.
你忘了吗
Did you forget?
你忘了垂钓之旅吗
You forgot the fishing trip?
没 当然没忘 我只是…
No, of course not. I just…
我只是不记得是这周末
I just didn’t remember it was this weekend.
孩子们 我很抱歉 我去不了
Guys, I’m so sorry, I can’t go.
我要上法庭实战辩论
I have to argue a brief in front of real judges and lawyers.
你答应过的
You promised.
我知道 亲爱的 我们改天去 好吗
I know, honey. We’ll go another weekend, okay?
什么时候 肯尼舅舅出狱的时候吗
When? When uncle Kenny gets out of jail?
理查德
Richard.
亲爱的 真抱歉
Honey, I’m sorry.
我知道
I know.
我在图书馆找到了这本书
I found this book in the library.
上面说当女人自杀的时候
It says that women hardly ever shoot themselves
很少开枪射自己
when they commit suicide.
罗密欧·克拉德跟布劳有一腿 对不对
So Romeo Collad’s screwing Mrs. Brow, right?
他的妻子杀了她 听懂了吗
His wife puts a bullet in her head. You follow?
是的
Yeah.
如果我们能证明是他杀的呢
What if we can prove he shot her?
怎么才能证明
How we gonna do that?
我不知道 我们再调查
I don’t know, we’ll investigate.
然后他们就会在布劳案子中
And then they’d take him more seriously
把他当作嫌疑人认真对待
as a suspect in the Brow case.,.
但罗密欧·克拉德已经死了 所以…
But Romeo Collad’s dead, so…
所以怎么样
So… So, what?
还是足以重新审理此案
It could still be enough to re-open the case.
我们只要找到先例 问问你的证物老师
We just gotta find a precedent. Ask your evidence teacher.
我现在真的干不了 我有一大堆工作还有…
I really can’t right now. I got a ton of work and…
怎么了
What’s going on?
-告诉我 -没事 我很好
– Tell me. – It’s nothing. I’m fine.
-是不是孩子们出什么事了 -不是
– Is something going on with the boys? – No.
听着 我…别管了
Look, I’m… Just forget it!
他们对你脱衣搜身了吗
Did they strip search you?
没有
No.
贝蒂 是我 好好说吧
Betty, it’s me. Now, come on, stop.
我在学校处于观察期了
I’m on probation at school.
观察期 是什么意思 你又没在蹲监狱
Probation? What do you mean? I’m the one in jail.
你在说什么 什么意思
What are you talking about? What does that mean?
意思是如果不进步 就要被开除了
It means that if I don’t improve, I’m out,
但你已经…已经很…已经很棒了
But you’re doing… You’re doing so… You’re doing great.
还不够 我迟交作业而且没通过侵权法考试
No, I’m not. I’ve had late papers and I flunked my Torts exam.
他们不能对你那样
They can’t do that to you.
那该死的学校里你最聪明了
You’re the smartest person in the whole goddamn school.
去他的 我要写信给那些饭桶老师
Fuck that! I’m gonna write a letter to those scum-bag teachers…
好的 你要保证在信里也这样叫他们
Yeah, and make sure you call them scum-bags in the letter.
操他们 你办的是他妈的真案子
Fuck them! You should at least get extra credit
应该加分才对
for working on a real fucking case.
他们不在乎那些
They don’t care about that.
听着 不要担心这些 好吗
Look, don’t worry about this, okay?
我会处理好
I’m gonna take care of it.
好吗
Okay?
好吧 好吧 不要哭了 亲爱的
Okay, okay. Hey, don’t cry, honey.
你抵得上一千个笨蛋预科生
You’re worth a thousand of them preppy shitheads.
不要哭了 好吗
Don’t cry, okay?
我知道 对不起
I know, I’m sorry.
不准接触
No touching.
你们周末过得好吗
You guys have a nice weekend?
-还好 -还行吗
– Yeah. – Yeah?
作业做完了吗 做了一点
Get any homework done? A little.
-是的 -是吗
– Yeah. – Yeah?
好吧 怎么了
Okay, what’s going on?
快说啊 发生什么了
Come on, talk. What happened?
我们在想
We were thinking,
你知道的…因为你一直很忙…
you know, since you’ve been so busy and all…
我们想和爸爸生活在一起
We were thinking that maybe we wanna live with Dad.
混♥蛋♥ 他让你们说的吗
That son of a bitch! He put you up to this?
不是
No.
他说的吗
Did he?
没有
No.
我需要周围有个男人 干些男人的事
I need a guy around, you know? For guy things.
你也这样认为吗
You feel the same way?
有点
Kind Of.
打电♥话♥给我 好吗 告诉我数学测验怎么样了
Call me, okay? Let me know how you do on your math test.
好吧 我爱你
Okay. I love you.
还有你 别忘了定上闹钟
And you, you don’t forget to set your alarm.
-英语课可别再迟到了 -我知道了 妈妈
– If you’re late for English again – I know, Mom, I know.
小心别磕着脑袋 过来
Watch your head. Come here.
知道了 别这样 妈妈
All right, stop, Mom. Stop!
-我爱你 -我也爱你 妈妈
– I love you. I love you so much. – I love you, too, Mom.
好了
Okay.
周五见 我们去看电影
I’ll see you Friday. We’ll go to the movies.
再见
Bye, bye.
-Samson -到
– Samson. – Here.
-Shaw -到
– Shaw. – Here.
斯蒂文斯 泰勒
Stevens. Taylor.

Present.
-Thomassen -到
– Thomassen. – Yeah.
-Vaughn -到
– Vaughn. – Here.
沃特斯 沃特斯 贝蒂·安·沃特斯
Waters. Waters? Betty Anne Waters?
起床了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!