我爱他
I loved him.
我爱他
I loved him…
但有时彼此相爱的人
…but sometimes people who really love each other
却都很擅长
Well, they have the uncanny knack
让彼此痛苦
for making each other miserable.
现在呢
And now?
现在我很幸福 我很幸福
And now I’m happy. I’m happy.
我当然很幸福
Of course I’m happy.
当然幸福
Of course I’m happy.
是的 我很幸福
Yeah, I am.
不过有时我还是渴望来点悲伤
Sometimes I long for a little misery, though.
这样显得很浪漫
It can be terribly romantic.
我的前夫让我痛苦不堪
My ex-husband made me deliriously miserable.
你太过奖了
You’re too kind.
一点都不 事实如此
Not at all. It’s the truth.
你想知道我的妻子什么样吗
Do you wantna know what my wife was like?
你是说你的前妻
Your ex-wife, you mean?
是的 我的前妻 想知道吗
Yes, my ex-wife. Do you wanna know?
不 我对其他女人没兴趣
No. I have no interest in other women.
她是个大混♥蛋♥
She was a great fuck.
她是个大混♥蛋♥ 也是个很好的朋友
She was a great fuck. And a great friend.
我必须得坦白
You know, I have to confess…
我…
I…
我听了留言
…I checked the message.
你知道是他打来的 但你却不关心
You know he called, but you couldn’t be bothered.
那个闪烁的红灯
remember the blinking red light?
我们做♥爱♥的时候真的很烦人
In fact it’s really annoying during sex.
为什么
Why?
我只是想听听他的声音像什么
I just wanted to know what he sounded like.
听起来像什么
What did he sound like?
像艾维斯·卡斯提洛
Like Elvis Costello.
我从未想到过这点
I’ve never really thought about it.
也许是有点像
Maybe a little.
外国人 很酷
Foreign, cool.
我马上就恨他了
I hated him immediately.
你为什么要喜欢他呢
Why would you like him?
我恨他的声音中
I hated it with a passion
有我所没有的那种热情
that I didn’t know I was capable any more.
因为我
For my sake?
是的 因为你
Yes, for your sake.
当然是因为你 愚蠢的小姑娘
Of course for your sake, silly little girl.
我不再是小姑娘了
I’m not a little girl any more.
你不想知道他在留言里说了些什么
Don’t you wanna know what his message said?
不想
No.
他说 他爱你也很想你
It said that he loves you and misses you.
他想让你离开前给他打电♥话♥
He wants you to call you before you leave.
他要去慢跑
He’s going for a jog.
他起的很早 不用怕吵着他
He’ll be up early, so don’t be afraid to call.
谢谢
Thank you.
跟你说实话吧
I mean… To tell you the truth…I…
我只是期待更多
…well, I just expected more.
哈姆雷特的独白
A soliloquy from “Hamlet?”
不是 只是他太平庸了
No, but he was just all so ordinary.
娶你的男人应该与众不同
I mean, the man that marries you should be extraordinary.
与众不同
Extraordinary.
老天 我和与众不同
God, I’m done with extraordinary?
我太老了 不适合了
I’m too old for extraordinary?
那多大合适呢
And how old would that be?
那就暂时适合一下与众不同吧
been too straight for extraordinary for some time now.
我想都是我的错
And that’s my fault I suppose?
你喜欢这么想 是吗
God, you’d love to think that, wouldn’t you?
你喜欢认为
You’d love to imagine…
我和其他男人一起是你的错
…that you ruined me for all the other men.
让我开心一下吧
Would you amuse me in something?
或许可以
Probably.
你听了可能会不高兴
This might be unpleasant for you to hear
有些事情我还是想讲
that there is some things that I would like to say
事实上我必须要讲
in fact that I need to say.
这于事无补
It won’t matter anyway.
好吧 也许是这样
Okay, probably it won’t.
一些大家都忘记了伤心往事
Sad old story that everyone’s forgotten
我是说我已经忘得差不多了
I mean, Crist, I’ve even forgotten most of it.
不 别这么说
No, don’t say that.
我已经忘了 当然忘了
Well, I have. Of course I have.
如果我没忘 我就不会在这里了
If I haven’t, I wouldn’t be here.
说到这个
When it comes to it
那只是一个你曾经认识的女孩子的故事
it’s just stories of girls you used to know…
穿着一件可笑的小上衣
wearing foolish striped tube tops.
不 我想过了
No, I thought about it.
你穿的不是小上衣
You weren’t wearing a tube top.
是裙子
It was a dress…
带着蓝白条纹
it was blue and white stripes
领口裁成了小上衣的样子
but the top was cut like a tube top.
是的 我记得那条裙子
Yeah, I know, I remember the dress.
那本书呢
What about the book?
我不知道 它是…
I don’t know…it was something by…
戴安勒·斯蒂尔的作品
…it was Danielle Steele.
我从未读过戴安勒·斯蒂尔的书
I never read Danielle Steele!
我从未读过戴安勒·斯蒂尔的书
I never read Danielle Steele.
我读的不是戴安勒·斯蒂尔的书
I so not read Danielle Steele.
是一个女人的作品
It was written by a woman.
是伊迪丝·华顿的《欢乐之家》
It was “The House of Mirth” by Edith Wharton.
对 应该是的
All right. That sounds about right.
不是应该 就是的
Not about. Exactly.
好吧 你躺在树下
Okay. You were lying under a tree
读着一本伊迪丝·华顿的书
reading a book by Edith Wharton.
《欢乐之家》
“The house of Mirth.”
《欢乐之家》
“The house of Mirth.”
那是在科德角 一个夏末闷热的一天
And it was an end-of-summer muggy Cape Cod day.
实际上有点微风
Actually there was a breeze.
其他人都在排队拿自助餐
And everyone else was in line to get food
我知道你不想被打扰
I could tell you didn’t wanna be disturbed
所以我对你说”我不知你是否知道
…so I said I don’t know if you know…
自助餐准备好了”
…but the food’s ready.
而你说
And you said…
让它等着吧
…the food will wait.
然后就像打发仆人一样挥手让我走
And then you waved me away like I was your servant…
不过我没那么容易被打发
…but I won’t be deterred.
我拉着你的手
So I took you by the hand…
我说 不 不会的
…and I said no, it won’t.
你的书掉在了地上
Your book dropped to the ground.
你吓着我了
You took me by surprise.
我不知道为什么
And I don’t know why…
我还是吻了你的嘴唇
…but I kissed you on the mouth…
就在那时那地
…right then, and there.
我们多久之后结婚
How long were we married then?
6个月后
Six months.
不是很长
Not so long, really.
不是很长
No, not so long.
再后来发生了什么
And then what happened?
夏天结束了
Well, it was the end of summer
我们回到了城里
We moved back to the city.
然后呢
And then?
你买♥♥了窗帘
Well, you buy curtains…
遛狗
…you walk the dog…
做两个人的饭菜
…you cook meals for two…
完成作业
…you finish school…
还有做♥爱♥ 早上一次
…and you have sex once in the morning…
晚上一次
…and once in the night.
有时候两次
Sometimes twice.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!