这种冷漠会变成你们之间的隔膜
And coldness transforms into separation…
最终导致你们的婚姻破裂
and before you know your marriage is over.
所有这一切
And all this
都是因为你在今晚的婚礼上不愿意和我跳舞
because you wouldn’t dance with me at this wedding.
好吧
Okay.
但我不想去舞池
But I won’t go on the dance floor.
没问题
Fine.
舞会结束时令人沮丧
Dance floors are depressing at the end of the night.
感觉就像是葬礼
They feel like funeral.
等一下
Hang on.
这样行吗
Is this okay?
我知道你多大了
I know how old you are, you know.
我知道
I know.
那为什么一说你的年龄就闪烁其词
Then why always hesitate when you say your age?
我没有
I don’t!
因为这个数字太大了
Because it’s getting to be a surprisingly large number
听起来让我不舒服
…and I don’t like how it sounds.
我说到它的时候就像在撒谎
When I say it sounds like a lie.
我和你一样大
I’m the same age as you.
算了吧
Oh, please!
对男人来说就不一样了
I shouldn’t have to tell you that it’s different for men.
越是不愿意面对你就会越注意它
You call more attention to it when you don’t say it bluntly.
好建议
Mmm. Good advice.
我会记住的
I’ll remember that.
你是怎么遇到你的丈夫的
So how did you meet your husband?
离婚后 我离开纽约去了伦敦
After the divorce I moved from New York to London.
你一定是想逃离
You certainly wanted to get away.
是的 我的心伤透了
Yeah, my heart was broken.
所以你嫁给了一个心脏病医生
So you married a cardiologist.
不好玩
That’s not good.
你不喜欢我的玩笑
You don’t like my joke?
每个嫁给心脏病医生的女人
Every woman that has ever married a cardiologist
都听过这个笑话
has had to have that joke … for a moment.
好吧
Okay.
有时我倒希望自己嫁给了一个妇产科医生
Sometimes I wish I’d married a gynecologist.
我敢肯定他们的妻子听过更糟糕的笑话
I’m sure the jokes are much worse on the wives of gynecologists.
不一定
Not necessarily.
这么说你离婚后去了伦敦
So after the divorce you moved to London.
我离婚后去了伦敦
After the divorce I moved to London…
还有…
and…
我们不说这个了
…let’s not talk about this.
为什么
Why?
因为
Because…
我一谈到伦敦
…if I talk about London…
就会谈到杰弗瑞
…then I’ll talk about Jeffrey.
如果谈到杰弗瑞
And if I talk about Jeffrey…
我会为我想要做的事情感到内疚
…then I’ll feel too bad about what I know I’m going to do
我就不会去做了
…and then I won’t do it.
是吗你想做什么
Yeah? What’re you gonna do?
别耍滑头
Don’t be clever.
我不喜欢你刷滑头的样子
I don’t like it when you’re clever.
10年前我更滑头
God. Clever payed better 10 years ago…
那时年轻 有自负的资本
…when I had the youthful arrogance to go with it.
现在呢
Yeah, what pays well now?
真诚 只要我能装出来
Sincerity, when I can fake it.
还有智慧 只是我没有
Wisdom would, if I had it.
-大家都走了 -我不知道
-Well, they all went… -I don’t know.
能再来一杯吗
Could we have another drink, please?
屋子里就剩我们了
We’re alone in the house!
很长一段时间里
For the longest time
我常常以为我在街上看到你了
I used to think I saw you in the street.
一直到去年
Up until last year even.
后来知道你在伦敦
And then turns out you are in London.
你在哪里多久了
And you’ve been there how long?
9年
Nine years.
9年了
Nine years!
9年来 总是看到像你一样身高
nine years… A woman’s about your hight
和你发色差不多的女人 却不是你
…and about your hair colour and that weren’t you.
9年来 每次看到像你的女人
Nine years… a walker’s gesture
我就会跟在后面追上去
that suddenly sent me running down the street…
结果却是心碎
… my heart racing…
一个你曾经以为非常熟悉的人
Somebody you once… thought you knew very well…
离开了这个国家 连招呼都不打一个
can leave the country without you even knowing it.
很正常 你对我并不是很熟悉
Of course. You don’t know me very well.
是的 确实如此
True. That is very true.
你让我发狂
you know, you’re killing me.
这也是真的
But it’s true.
你在这里待多久
And you are here how long?
我的飞机6点起飞
My plane leaves at 6.
我会在4点钟离开酒店
I guess I’ll leave the hotel at 4.
我知道的太晚了 只能呆一个晚上
I was so last minute I could only stay a night.
该死的7号♥伴娘
The curse on the seventh bridesmaid.
你应该去睡觉了
I mean you should go to bed.
没错 我要去了
You are right, I should.
我可能会上楼看会电视
I’ll probably just go upstrairs and watch TV.
他们想赶我们走了
They want us to leave.
你以为呢
Do you think?
我们去哪儿
Where shall we go?
我会回我的房♥间
Well, I should go up to my room…
你回家去陪跳舞的莎拉
…and you should go home to Sarah the dancer.
或许我们呆在这里
Or we could stay here.
你想和我一起看电视吗
Do you want to watch television with me?
我可以吗
Do you think I should?
反正你都会去的
I think you will anyway.
等一下
Hang on.
怎么了
What?
如果我们上去了
If we go in
就意味着我们会做错事
we’re committing to a course of action.
30秒钟的电梯 对吧
We’re going into a 30 second elevator, all right?
我们在这里站一会吧
Let’s just stand here a second.
你们在看什么
What’s everybody looking at?
我的上帝
Oh, my God!
我太累了 竟然没注意电梯已经到了
I’m so tired…I didn’t realize the elevator come here.
太可怜了
Ah, you poor thing!
很可笑吧
Isn’t that funny?
苏珊说你是从英国伦敦远道而来的
Ah, you know Susie told me you came all the way from London, England.
那么你又在等什么
And you what were you waiting for?
女士优先吗
Ah, ladies first.
你真有礼貌
Oh, you are so polite!
女士优先
Ladies first.
你要去几楼
And what floor are you going to?
我不知道
I don’t know!
上帝
God!
说实话 我不记得了
Honestly, I don’t remember.
我去11楼
I’m 11.
11楼
11.
好的
Okay.
真有意思
That’s funny.
裙子很漂亮
Nice dress.
谢谢 你穿着更漂亮
Thanks. You look better in it actually.
好吧 你知道…
Ah well, you know…
你们两个认识吗
So… do you know each other, or…?
-是的 -不认识
-Yeah, we… -No.
到底是认识还是不认识
Well you do, or you don’t?
以前认识
Oh, we used to.
以前认识 在另一段生活里
We used to. You know. In another life.
莎拉好吗
Aha. How is Sarah doing?
很好
Good.
-是吗 -是的
-Yeah? -Yeah.
那就好
good!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!