I think what Mr. Krumwiede is spreading
比这种疾病本身还要危险得多
is far more dangerous than the disease.
噢,真的吗? – 没错
Oh, really? – Yes.
真是搞笑 – 有什么好笑的?
That’s funny. – What’s funny?
你在说笑吧
You’re funny,
因为如果大家有上Facebook的话
because if you check on Facebook…
你们会发现这都归咎于米切尔医生
you’ll find a communiqué attributed to Dr. Cheever by Elizabeth Nygaard…
在公布芝加哥人群检疫结果前
about the quarantine of Chicago hours before
做过不光彩的事情
it was announced to the public.
这就是我认为他有点虚伪的原因
That’s why I think he’s a bit disingenuous…
当他说会平等对待所有人
when he says equal care for all
而不仅仅是他的朋友们时
and not just his friends.
米切尔医生 你打算如何回应这些指控
Some pretty wild allegations here, Dr. Cheever.
你能透露下这个交谈的内容及发生时间吗
Can you tell us what communication appeared and when?
你和Nygaard之间真正的关系是什么?
What is the nature of your relationship with Nygaard?
我没有在任何社交网站上
I’m not aware of anything attributed to me
看到这件事情归咎于我的新闻
on any social network.
我确定你没有
I’m sure you’re not.
事实摆在那儿,事实摆在那儿
It is there. It is there.
告诉他们R0平均数为2真正的含义
Tell them what an R-nought of two really means
米切尔医生
Dr. Cheever.
给他们讲点数学知识,如何?
Teach them some math. Hm?
你不愿意? 那我来说吧
No? I’ll do it.
第一天,有2个人感染 然后会有4个人感染
On day 1, there were two people with it and then there were four.
接下来是256人,再然后是65000人
…but next it’s 256, and then it’s 65,000…
你会发现你周围的人很多都感染了
…and it’s behind you, above you, and all around you.
如此持续计算30步,将会有10亿人感染
In 30 steps, it’s a billion sick.
只需要3个月时间
Three months.
这个大家都可以很容易计算出来的
It’s a math problem you can do on a napkin.
这就是我们会面临的事实
And that’s where we’re headed.
这就是你不愿意告诉我们死亡人数的原因
And that’s why you won’t even tell us the number of the dead…
你会告诉我们吗,米切尔医生?
…will you, Dr. Cheever?
但你却告诉你的朋友们赶在其他人之前
But you’ll tell your friends when to get out of Chicago…
离开芝加哥
…before anyone else has a chance.
他们只是在寻找替罪羊
They’re looking for a scapegoat.
你别想太多
You just made it easy.
我们没和总检察长说的原因是
The only reason we’re not taking this to the attorney general…
现在找不到人来顶替你
…is because we can’t replace you right now.
但是会对你进行调查,你明白了吗?
But there’s gonna be an investigation. Do you understand that?
此外,我们不想再看到你上电视
And we don’t wanna see you in front of the cameras anymore.
疾病爆发第21天
喔,喔, 喔,这是哪来的
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Where did you come from?
被替换了 – 结果是好是坏?
It’s mutated. – Which way, better or worse?
赶上非洲艾滋病感染人口了
It’s moved into an African HIV AIDS population.
德班的人群太分散了
The Durban cluster is highly divergent.
现在有了新的R0平均数,埃利斯,不再是2了
We have a new R-nought, Ellis. It’s not two anymore.
我还以为你说一旦我们培育成功病毒
I thought you said once we could grow it,
就可以研制疫苗预防它了
we could vaccinate against it.
我们试图利用死亡的病毒
We tried using dead virus combined
和蛋白质神经组织结合来增强免疫反应
with atrophins to boost immune response.
结果呢?
And?
没有产生保护性的抗体
No protective antibodies,
死了很多用于试验的猴子
a lot of dead monkeys.
好的一方面呢?
Can you get to the good news?
现在我们必须试试减毒株病毒
Now we have to try a live attenuated virus.
像小儿麻痹症那种? – 没错
Like with polio? – Exactly.
减毒株唯一危险的是
The only danger with a live virus…
它可能会恢复到野生型并杀死宿主
…is the possibility that it will revert to wild type and kill the host.
什么时候能得到试验结果
And when will we know about that?
这得问那些试验猴子了
I’ll ask the monkeys.
截止目前,感染人群死亡率在
As of right now, the mortality rate is fluctuating…
25%-30之间波动
…between 25 and 30 percent…
根据基本的医疗条件
…depending upon underlying medical conditions…
社会经济因素、营养供给、新鲜的饮用水
…socioeconomic factors, nutrition, fresh water.
随着新的突变
With the new mutation…
我们预测RO平均数不会小于4
…we are predicting an R-nought of no less than four.
加上没有疫苗,我们预料…
And without a vaccine, we can anticipate…
这个星球上多达1/12的人口
…that approximately one in 12 people on the planet
将会感染这种疾病
will contract the disease.
疾病爆发第26天
大家请注意
Folks, attention.
感谢大家的耐心,我们也在尽力而为
We appreciate your patience and we’re doing the best we can.
我们已经用完了本来为今天准备的肉食
We have exhausted our supply of meals ready-to-eat for today.
什么?
What?
请大家保持镇定,我们会
Please remain calm. We’ll be sending…
请… 嘿, 有人能去帮帮忙吗?
Please… Hey. Can we get some help over here?
请大家保持秩序
Leave the park in an orderly fashion.
救救我
Help me!
你还好吗? – 谢谢
You okay? – Thank you.
对不起,他们抢走一个
Sorry, they got one of them.
到卡车那边看看
Get the trucks!
去检查下卡车
Get the trucks!
那儿…那儿什么也没有
There’s… There’s nothing in there!
有证据表明,现在美国的死亡人数…
As the death toll in the United States is now believed…
已经达到了二百五十万人
…to have reached 2.5 million…
今天总统在一个秘密地点发布了一个声明
…the president issued a statement today from an undisclosed location…
在达拉斯、克里夫兰、迈阿密 以及凤♥凰♥城
…implementing mandatory curfews in major metropolitan areas…
发生了暴♥乱♥后政♥府♥决定在大城市强制性执行宵禁
…after a second consecutive day of riots in Dallas, Miami, Cleveland and Phoenix.
执法人员缺勤率接近25%
Absenteeism in law enforcement is nearing 25 percent…
根据报告
…according to reports…
由于大量的911电♥话♥打进来…
Because of the high volume of 911 calls…
请遵照以下提示
…please use the following directory:
如果你有该疾病症状
If you have symptoms, please hang up
请拨♥打♥专线612-188-6336
and call 612-188-6336.
报告死亡信息或者撤销登记,请按1
To report a death or for the removal of a body, please press 1.
疾病爆发第29天
喂? 有人在家吗?
Hello? Anybody home?
马克在吗?
Hey, Mark?
嘿,乔瑞?
Hey, Jor?
乔瑞?
Jor?
我的手都冻僵了
I can’t feel my hands.
你把我雪天使播放器弄坏了
That messed up my snow angel.
我没感染,乔瑞
I’m fine, Jory.
如果我们两个都没染病
If neither of us have it
那么我们不会互相传染的
then we can’t give it to each other.
离她远点儿 – 爸爸
Get away from her. – Dad!
离开这儿,离开这儿 – 爸爸
Get away. Get away. – Dad!
你干什么? – 你给我呆那儿
What are you doing? – Stay there.
回家去吧, 安德鲁
Go home, Andrew.
起来
Get up.
有进展吗?
Are we even close?
就算我们现在已经培育出有用的疫苗
If we even had a viable vaccine right now…
还得做临床试验,这至少得花几个星期
…we would still have to do human trials and that would take weeks.
之后必须得到批准
And then we would have to get clearance and approval…
联♥系♥药品制♥造♥商和分销渠道
…figure out manufacturing and distribution.
可能要花几个月时间
That would take months.
然后才能对幸存者预防接种疫苗
And then training survivors to give inoculations.
多拖几个月,死亡人数将会更多
More months, more deaths.
国土安♥全♥局♥想知道
Well, Homeland Security wants to know…
我们能否把疫苗投放在输水管道里
…if we can put a vaccination in the water supply,
就像氟化物那样
like fluoride.
可以立即治愈所有人
Cure everyone all at once.
我马上要回家了,埃利斯,现在很晚了
I’m going home now, Ellis. It’s getting late.
圣诞快乐
Merry Christmas.
圣诞快乐
Merry Christmas.
你在干什么 – 没事的,爸爸
What are you doing? – It’s okay, Dad.
不,这太危险了
No, it’s not okay.
你还记得巴尼·马歇尔医生吗
Do you remember Dr. Barry Marshall?
他认为溃疡是由细菌引发的,而不是压力
Thought that bacteria caused ulcers, not stress.
他给自己注射了药物,最后治好了
Gave himself the bug and then cured himself.
你跟我提起过他
You taught me about him.
我在测试自己研制的疫苗
I’m testing my vaccine.