We expect that list to grow…
人们都度假结束返家了
as people return home from their holidays.
什么事?
Yes?
米切尔医生,有多少人已经感染了病毒?
Dr. Cheever, how many people are infected…
死亡人数是多少?
and how many have died?
这些数字在我们讲话的同时不断变化着
Those numbers are changing as we speak…
所以我给你的数字很可能要低些
so any figure I give you is likely to be low.
我们在精确计算这个时间段的死亡率
We’re still calculating the mortality rate at this time.
呃,米切尔医生,你是否注意到
Uh, Dr. Cheever, are you concerned…
现在疾控中心面临着一个诚信的问题
that the CDC faces a credibility issue here…
自从对H1N1的过度反应事件后?
after the perceived overreaction to H1 N1?
我倒是希望事情发展证明我们真的反应过度了
I’d rather the story be that we overreacted…
总比因为我们做的不够
than that many people lost their lives
导致许多人失去了生命好吧
because we didn’t do enough.
这也是我们站在这里的原因
That’s why we’re here.
这也是为什么世界卫生组织要派
It’s also why the World Health Organization is sending
一名流行病学家前往香港调查
an epidemiologist to Hong Kong.
不调查病毒的源头很难去深入调查病毒
Hard to know what it is without where it came from.
我们的首要工作就是找到病毒源头
Our first job with these things is to find ground zero.
查出它是如何流入人群开始传播的
Figure out how it jumped into the population.
我们知道一个在明尼苏达州的患者
…We do know that a patient in Minnesota…
曾经去过全球很多地方旅行
traveled to that part of the world.
香港 人口:七百一十万
我们相信目前大约有89,000个疑似病例
We believe that there are approximately 89,000 cases at this point…
我们将面对的是可能有267,000人会感染
and that we are heading toward 267,000.
从那儿开始
And from there,
利用我们建好的模型,基于R0平均数为2
using our model, based on an R-nought of two…
这些是未来48小时会扩散到的地区
here is where we expect to be in 48 hours.
米切尔医生,也许你有什么进一步的消息
Dr. Cheever, perhaps you can update us on the research.
目前为止,没人找到一个成功的
As of right now, no one has found a good way to
培育病毒在细胞内的成长的方法来
grow the virus in cells.
为什么
Why is that?
因为病毒杀死了我们放进去的所有细胞
Because it kills every cell we put it in.
不管是猪的细胞,或者鸡的,结果都一样
A pig, a chicken, everything.
除非能培育这种病毒,而且是大量的
Until we can grow it, and a great deal of it,
不然没法做实验
we can’t experiment with it.
在这之前,我们不能接种疫苗
And until then, we can’t vaccinate against it.
你们找到任何的治疗方法了没?
Have you found any treatment at all?
任何有用的抗体,有吗?
Any antivirus? Anything?
没有
No.
贝丝·艾默霍在澳门赌场使用过一个自动取款机
Beth Emhoff used an ATM at a casino in Macao.
花旗银行给出了她的账单记录
Citibank released her records.
她在10:43的时候使用过这台ATM
We have her using the machine at 10:43
当时刚从赌场出来
just off the casino floor.
我需要查看赌场这2个小时内的监控录像
I wanna see the casino security footage for two hours on either side of that.
有什么问题吗?
Is there a problem?
哦,他们是我老家的村民?
Oh, they’re from my village.
他们那儿发现了新的感染人群
They found a new cluster there.
抱歉
Oh.
你家里人还在那儿吗?
Is your family still there?
我的母亲出现了症状
My mother has symptoms.
我给你取监控录像,稍等
I’ll get you the footage you require. Excuse me.
萨斯曼医生,我听说他们打算中止我们进行实验
Dr. Sussman I heard that they were shutting us down.
是的,我正要处理这些样本
Yeah, I just have to deal with the samples.
如果只是销毁他们,我能胜任这个工作
If it’s just a matter of destroying them, I can do it.
不用了,我来就行,你回家吧
No, I’ll take care of it. You go on home.
我做完后会再核对下数据
I’ll do that, and then I just want to recheck some data.
他培育成功了
He grew it.
他通过抗体和免疫膜攻击复合体
He tried antibodies and immunological MAC outlines…
但关键是来自吉朗的蝙蝠胎儿细胞株
…but the key was a fetal-bat cell line from Geelong.
我们没有这个东西
We didn’t have it.
他在3级的生物安全实验室就培育成功了
He grew it in a BSL-3.
艾丽,他在BSL-3级实验室都干什么工作?
Ally, what the hell was he doing working with it in a BSL-3?
一直忽视我
Ignoring me.
他一定会把这个发布的 妈的,他想要什么?
He’s gonna publish. Shit. What does he want?
一盒雪茄,他本可以有选择的,埃利斯
A box of cigars. He had a choice, Ellis.
他完全可以自己一人靠着这个发财
He could have gone into business for himself.
毫无意问他已经培育病毒成功了
There’s no doubt he was approached,
但是他把这个给了我们
but he gave it to us.
这么说我们只能相信他?
And we’re supposed to trust him?
看来我们只能这样了
We don’t have a choice.
美国疾病预防控制中心…
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the United States…
以及瑞士世界卫生组织
…and the World Health Organization in Switzerland…
今天证实,旧金山的萨斯曼医生
…confirmed today that Dr. Lan Sussman of San Francisco…
已经成功地在实验室环境中
has succeeded in growing the MEV-1 virus
成功培育出MEV-1病毒
in a laboratory setting.
疾病预防控制中心的官员说现在取得的突破
Officials at the CDC cautioned that the breakthrough is only the first step…
只是研制疫苗的第一步
toward developing a vaccine…
离人体试验阶段至少还有几个月
which is likely still months away from human trials.
世界卫生组织估计,全球受感染人群超过8百万
The WHO estimates the number of people infected worldwide to be over 8 million.
现在情况有所改变
Now it all changes.
萨斯曼成为国家科学院的受膏者
Sussman gets anointed by the National Academy of Sciences…
所有的医药行政人员都变得苛刻
…and every pharmaceutical executive gets a hard-on.
他们会在地球上所有的实验室培育这种病毒
They’ll be growing the virus in every lab on Earth.
对猕猴来说真是糟糕的一天
It’s a bad day to be a rhesus monkey.
我们先是让他们进入大家的视线
Crikey, first we shoot them into space,
现在我们要全神贯注于病毒
now we’ll be shooting them full of virus.
所以现在就是需要你专业知识的时候了
So this is where we need your expertise.
医药股票已经达到高盘了
Pharmaceutical stocks are already through the roof.
接下来是什么? 机遇在哪里?
What’s next? Where’s the opportunity?
是你首先看到日本公交车上死亡男子的视频的
Now, you saw that Shinko bus thing day one.
那才是我们会面的目的
That’s why we wanted this meeting.
今天早上当我打开电脑时
When I turned on my computer this morning…
我的博客有超过200万访问人次来寻求真♥相♥
I had over 2 million unique visitors, all looking for the truth.
你认为他们会愿意看到我和对冲基金的人谈判吗
You think they wanna see me talking to some hedge-fund guy?
克鲁姆维德先生,我们不是发明需求的
Mr. Krumwiede, we don’t invent need here.
我们只是分♥析♥和预测
We just analyze it, predict it.
你直接告诉我,多少的报价你才愿意
You tell me what it costs to look into your crystal ball.
你真像连翘
You’re familiar with forsythia?
不,我不是 – 我想告诉你的是
No, I’m not.- What I’m about to tell you is backed up…
备份的证据将会短暂的出现在媒体面前
by testimonials that will appear shortly in the media.
我会找个时机进行广泛的讨论
I’ll be talking about it extensively in the days ahead.
连翘是干什么的?
What does forsythia do?
是一种药物
It’s the cure.
如果我是免疫的,你不能用我的血液来治疗吗
If I’m immune, can’t you use my blood to cure this?
培养血清需要很长一段时间,而且很昂贵
Blood serums can take a long time to make and are very expensive.
但好的一方面是你不会得病
But the good news here is that you’re not going to get sick.
好的,呃…
Okay. Um…
你的意思是我女儿
Then that would mean that my daughter
也不会染上这种病毒了,对吧?
can’t get it either, right?
我不能保证
I can’t promise you that.
但她不是会继承我的一些基因吗?
But isn’t that something that she would inherit from me?
这个嘛,她一半的免疫系统来自于你
Well, half her immune system came from you…
但另一半免疫系统继承的是她妈妈的
…but the other half came from her mother.
快3个小时了
Almost three hours.
我需要医生或者护士来给我检查下
I need to see a doctor or a supervisor or something.
我想知道他是否也感染上了报道中说的那种病毒
I wanna know if he has this thing on the news.
很抱歉,但是我们已经在尽力了
I’m sorry, sir, we’re doing the best we can.
我能和你们的负责人谈谈吗? 不管是谁都行
Can I just speak to an administrator or something? Anybody.
先生,请耐心一点,我们会让你…
Sir, please be patient. We’ll get you in…
他病了
He’s sick!
在车♥库♥的时候 我妻子让我脱掉了衣服
y wife makes me take off my clothes in the garage.
然后她给我准备了一桶温水和肥皂
Then she leaves out a bucket of warm water and some soap.
我离开后她把所有东西都消毒了
And then she douses everything in hand sanitizer after I leave.
我是想说,她有点反应过度,对吗
I mean, she’s overreacting, right?
不尽然,还有别摸你的脸了,戴维
Not really. And stop touching your face, Dave.
好了,我们把气障病患者安置在这儿
Okay, we’ll put the air lock here.
放25排,每排10张床
I want 25 rows of 10 beds apiece.
发烧最严重的病人安排在那边上
The most febrile cases at this end.
联邦应急管理署会负责食物供应这块
We’ll set up triage outside, FEMA can handle food in the basement…
我们必须在接下来的24-48小时内完成
…and we’ll need to be operational within the next 24 to 48 hours.