No, not at all.
不是 根本不是
The question that I’m asking is this:
我想问你的是:
Are we happier as a human race?
作为人类 我们是否开心?
Is the world fundamentally a better place because of science and technology?
世界是否因为科学和技术 而变得更好?
We shop at home, we surf the Web…
我们在家中购物 在网络阅览…
but at the same time we feel emptier…
但同时我们亦感到更加空虚…
and more cut off from each other than at any other time in human history.
比人类史上任何时间 感到更为孤独
I mean, we’re becoming a synthesized society…
我们变成了合成的社会…
in a great, big hurry to get to the next…
匆匆进入…
I think it’s because we’re looking for the meaning. What is the meaning?
我们寻找意义 是什么意义?
We have mindless jobs, we take frantic vacations.
我们做无需动脑筋的工作 我们疯狂地渡假
Deficit finance trips to the mall to buy more things…
以信♥用♥卡♥到商购物…
that we think are gonna fill these holes in our lives.
我们以为可填补心灵的空虚
Is it any wonder that we’ve lost our sense of direction?
难怪我们失去方向感
Holy shit.
我的天!
Right ascension, 18 hours, 36 minutes, 56.2 seconds.
赤经 18点36分56.2秒
Declination, plus 36 degrees, 46 minutes…
赤纬 +36度 46分…
56.2 seconds!
56’2秒!
Confirm!
请核实
Right ascension, 18 hours, 36 minutes, 56.2 seconds!
赤经18点36分 56’2秒!
Hey, is anybody awake in there? I’m moving the array!
里面有人醒着吗? 我要调校天线!
Confirm! Boss has a bogey!
请核实! 老板有发现!
Right ascension, 18 hours, 36 minutes, 56.2 seconds.
赤经 18点36分 56’2秒!
Fish! We’re on it.
费希! 我们正在做了
Plus 36 hours, 47 minutes and 1 second.
36度 47分1秒
Strong possible pulse chain on Sub-Array 4.
极可能是连串的脉冲
I’m moving the rest of them now. I need you to confirm the coordinates.
我调校其他望远镜 你来校正坐标
Check the status of the array.
查看阵列情况
She’s doing all the dishes. All systems nominal.
她正在调整天线 系统正常
Hello.
嗨
I need a full systems check.
我需要全面系统检查
Coordinates confirmed. Willie’s checking the system now.
座标校实 威利正查看系统
Stay on top of the systems diagnostics.
监察系统的情况
Check the reference point offsets.
查看参考支距
And I want you off-axis on 27 the second we get there.
我要你用27号♥天线检查离轴幅射
And tell Willie to break out the big boy.
要威利开动大功率音响系统
Copy that. Willie…
收到 威利…
Yeah. Go, Ellie.
好 开始吧 艾丽
I can hear can it on the headphones. We gotta be sure about this.
我们要确保 我能从耳机接受信息
Give me another array status.
再给我天线阵列情况
Her four are online, the rest are tracking in.
四个已经在线 其余的在追踪
Your four are online, the rest are tracking in.
四个已经在线 其余的在追踪
But there’s a bad drive on 16.
但16号♥引擎失效
Your four are online, the rest are tracking in…
四个已经在线 其余的在追踪…
but there’s a bad drive on 16. Copy that?
但16号♥引擎失效 听到吗?
What do you want me to do about the source queue?
来源扫描程序怎么办?
Look, forget about it and hold the queue.
忘了它 暂不要扫描
Go get ready to set the target frequency to manual the second we’re aligned.
准备人手操作时较准目标频率
Do you copy? I want you to go off-axis on 27 the second we’re there.
你收到吗? 我要你重新排列后用27号♥查偏轴幅射
And leave the LO frequency where it is.
将LO频率保持现状
Stay on it, Fish, don’t let it get away. If you lose it, scan the band.
别让它跑掉! 若讯号♥消失便扫描频带
Run every frequency you can think of.
扫描你能想到的所有频段
How you doing?
怎么样?
Talk to me, guys.
告诉我 兄弟们
Partially polarized set of moving pulses, amplitude modulated.
有极化的脉冲 振幅经调节
We’re locked. Systems check out, signal across the board. What’s the frequency?
我已经锁定了 系统正常 频率是多少?
4.46, 23 gigahertz.
4.46 23千兆赫
Hydrogen times pi. Told you.
氢波段乘π 我早说过
Strong sucker too.
很清晰
I got it! I got it, I got it! I’m patched in.
我听到了 我接进去了
All right, let me hear it.
好的 让我听听
Listen to that.
你们听
Make me a liar, Fish.
告诉我这是真的 费希
It could be AWACS out of Kirtland jamming us.
可能是机载预警控制系统干扰
But I’m doubting it.
但我很怀疑
All right, let’s see if F.U.D.D.’s reading it too.
看看跟进资料探测器 收到没有
Willie, patch it back and give me the off-axis.
接驳过来 给我 “离轴” 数据
Are we recording? Never stopped.
在录下来吗? 一直在录
Thank you, Elmer.
谢谢 艾尔玛
AWACS status is negative.
机载预警系统没干扰
White Sands? On this frequency? No.
会是白沙导弹基地吗? 用这频率吗? 不会
I’m gonna punch up the darks.
我从卫星取资料
How’s the spying tonight, guys? Come on.
间谍卫星? 快点
NORAD’s not tracking any snoops in this vector.
这区没追查到有窥探
Shuttle Endeavor is in sleep mode.
奋进号♥在休眠中
Okay, point source confirmed.
好的! 已经证实了讯号♥来源
Whatever it is, it ain’t local. Position?
不管来自哪里 肯定不是地球的 位置?
I checked interferometry. Somewhere in Lyra, I think.
我查过干涉计 在天琴座附近
Vega? Can’t be.
织女星? 不可能
It’s only 26 light years away.
只有26光年的距离
What’s the peak intensity? Coming up.
最高的强度? 稍等
Vega.
织女星
Vega. I scanned it a bunch of times at Arecibo. It was negative results, always.
织女星 我在Arecibo扫描过多次 但没有讯息
Got it. Reading over 100 janskys.
找到了 强度超过 100詹斯基
Jesus. I could pick it up on my…
天啊! 我可接收…
No.
不
Come on.
继续
All right, it’s restarting.
它又开始了
Wait a minute. Those are numbers.
等一下 这是些数字
That was a three, the one before it was a two.
那是三 之前是二
Base-10 numbers. Just start counting now, see how far can we get.
以十进制计 且看能有多少
One.
一
Seven. Seven.
七 七
Those are primes.
那是素数
Two, three, five, seven, those are all prime numbers.
二 三 五 七 全是素数
There’s no way that’s a natural phenomenon.
那不可能是自然现像
Holy shit. Okay, okay.
我的天 好的
Let’s just calm down and pull up the star file on Vega.
冷静 从电脑获取织女星的资料
It doesn’t make any sense. The system is too young…
不合情理 那个星系太年轻了…
so it can’t have a planetary system…
不可能有行星系统…
let alone life or a technological civilization.
更没有生命或技术文明了
Maybe they didn’t grow up there. Maybe they’re visiting.
也许他们不是生于那里 他也只是路过呢?
Spacecraft? This system is full of debris. It would get clobbered.
太空船呢? 那个星系里全是岩屑 他们会给砸烂
Well, not if they used their laser blasters and photon torpedoes.
若他们用激光炮 及光子雷便行
That’s not funny. How else are we gonna explain it?
这不好笑 不然怎样解释呢?
Willie’s right. If we go public with this and we’re wrong, that’s it.
威利说的对 若公开后我们错了
It’s over. We’re cooked.
那就完了 我们会贻笑大方
God, I wish Kent was here.
天啊 我真希望肯特在这里
Whatever the signal is, we better do something soon. Vega’s gonna set.
不管是什么 我们赶紧做些什么吧! 织女星就要落下去了
Position confirmed. We’ve got 4.4623 gigahertz, confirmed.
位置证实 4.4625千兆赫 证实了
We’ve got 112 janskys.
强度是112詹斯基
All right, do you have a source location yet?
知道来源地点没有?
We put it right smack in the middle.
我们将它放在中♥央♥
Vega.
织女星
Okay, thanks, lan. Keep tracking and we’ll get back to you.
谢谢 伊安 继续追踪 再联络
Yeah, right-o.
随时候命
Okay, 101.
好的 101
The pulse sequenced through every prime number between two and 101.
脉冲序列是 由2至101的每一个素数
Who are we gonna call now?
我们通知谁呢?
Everybody.
所有人
The rumors are flying, the implications extraordinary.
谣言满天飞 说法都不一样
This morning’s detection of an unidentified radio source from deep space…
今早查探到不明的外太空无线电波 …
can neither be confirmed nor denied.
没经证实或否认
But the military presence arriving…
但军方人员到达…
Sources close to the VLA report that the planet has been contacted…
接近原场的来源说 他们曾经…
by some form of intelligent being…
与某种有智慧物体联络…
living outside of our solar system. Again, there is no confirmation…
他们住在太阳系外 重复 尚无法证实…
I want all of these people out of here.
我要所有人离开
Where’s the girl?
那个女孩呢?
Twenty-two stations worldwide now confirming the signal.
全球22个站均证实了讯号♥