Clearly, I’ve never been there, but…
虽然我没有亲临现场 但是…
usually the situation, obviously a major malfunction.
这显然是重大故障(阿波罗13号♥)
Whether or not their president is a crook.
不管他们的总统是不是骗子
Well, I’m not a crook.
反正我不是
Small step for man, one giant leap for…
我的一小步 人类的一大步…
Robert Kennedy was shot in that ballroom.
罗伯·肯尼迪被枪杀
Thank God almighty, we are free at last.
感谢主 我们终于获得自♥由♥
A sniper has fired at President Kennedy.
狙击手向肯尼迪总统开枪
The Communist party…
共♥产♥党…
or have you ever been a member of the Communist party?
你是否曾是共♥产♥党员?
Old soldiers never die. They just…
老兵不会死 他们…
Hi-yo, Silver!
你好 银马 !
Something never before experienced…
真是前所未有…
1941, a date which will live…
1941年会是可耻的日子…
And we continue this final edition of our Maxwell House Good News of 1939.
39年麦斯咖啡好消息 最后版本
Good evening, Mr. And Mrs. North America…
晚安 北美洲的先生太太们 …
CQ, this is W-9 GFO.
CQ 这是W-9GFO
CQ, this is W-9 GFO here. Come back?
CQ 这是W-9GFO 请回答
CQ.
CQ
CQ, this is W-9 GFO here.
CQ 这是W-9GFO
Come back?
请回答
CQ, CQ, this is W-9 GFO. Is anybody out there?
CQ CQ 这是W-9GFO 有人在听吗?
Not getting anything.
没人回答
Small moves, Ellie.
要有耐心 艾丽
Small moves.
要耐心点
CQ, this is W-9 GFO here. Come back?
CQ 这是W-9GFO 请回答
Copy, W-9 GFO. K-4 WLD here.
听到 W-9GFO 这是K-4WLD
What do I say? Just be yourself.
我该说些什么? 随便吧
Where are you, K4 WLD? Come back? Pensacola. Over.
K4WLD 你在哪儿? 请回答 彭沙科拉 完毕
Pensacola, where’s Pensacola?
彭沙科拉? 彭沙科拉在哪儿呢?
I’ll give you a hint.
我给你点提示
Orange juice.
橙汁
Copy that, K-4 WLD. How’s the weather down there in Florida?
听到 K-4WLD 佛罗里达的天气如何?
Pensacola, Florida.
佛罗里达 彭沙科拉
I have to tell you, Sparks…
我得告诉你 火花…
one thousand, one hundred and sixteen miles.
1116里
Pretty good. That’s the farthest yet.
很不错 目前联♥系♥到的最远的距离了
Can we hear all the way to New York? Sure.
可以远至纽约吗? 可以
Can we hear all the way to California? I don’t see why not.
可以听到加利福尼亚的吗? 我想没问题
Can we hear all the way to Alaska? Yeah, on a really clear day.
可听到阿♥拉♥斯加的吗? 在晴朗的日子可以
Can we hear all the way to China?
可以听到中国吗?
On a really, really clear day.
只要非常 非常晴朗的天气
Could we talk to the moon?
可以和月球通话吗?
Well, if it’s a big enough radio, I don’t see why not.
如果有强力的无线电便可以
Could we talk to Jupiter?
可和木星通话吗?
Or what’s the one after that?
或是木星之后是什么?
Don’t tell me.
你先别说
I’ll give you a hint.
我给你个提示
Hula-Hoops.
呼拉圈
Saturn. Could we talk to Saturn? Mmhm.
土星 可和土星通话吗? 可以
Dad, could we talk to Mom?
爸爸 可以和妈妈通话吗?
I don’t think even the biggest radio could reach that far.
我想最大的无线电也达不到那么远
All right, no more stalling.
好了 别再拖延了
Okay.
好的
Pensacola.
彭沙科拉
Oh, Ellie, that’s a beauty.
艾丽 真漂亮
Now get some sleep.
睡觉吧
Hey, Dad? Yeah?
爸爸? 嗯?
Do you think there’s people on other planets?
你认为其他星球上有人吗?
I don’t know, Sparks.
我不知道 小火花
But I guess I’d say…
但我会说…
if it is just us…
若是只有我们…
it seems like an awful waste of space.
那看起来就太浪费这么大的地方了
CQ, CQ.
CQ CQ
CQ, this is W-9 GFO.
CQ 这是W-9GFO
Repeat. This is W-9 GFO. Come back?
重复 W-9GFO 回答
CQ, this is W-9 GFO. Come back?
CQ 这里是W-9GFO 回答
I’m gonna need a bigger antenna.
我需要更大的天线
What do you think, Doctor Arroway?
怎么样 雅博士?
Isn’t she a beauty?
她很漂亮吧?
It’ll do.
该可以了
The village is five miles away.
村子在五里外
There’s a general store in the cantina. They can order anything from San Juan.
那里的酒吧里有小商店 也可代你从圣胡安订购东西
And when can I get some dish time?
何时可用无线电?
Dr. Clark said you wouldn’t be able to wait. Your first shift is tonight.
克拉博士说你会等不及 令天晚上你值头班
All right.
好的
Go back.
退回一点
Try back a little bit. You had something there.
调回一点 那里有讯号♥
There.
退一点
Right there? You hear it? Right there, that’s it.
可以了吗? 你听到吗? 就是这里
All right, 1221.46. That’s well within the L band.
好的 1221.40 在L波段内
Check offaxis. Uhhuh. On it.
检查一下 “离轴” 正在查
It’s not in the neighborhood.
不是来自附近
Here it is. J-1741 plus 2748.
是这儿 J-1741 +2748
Catalogued November 4, 1982. Pulsar.
编目于82年11月4日 脉冲星
Well, I don’t know, it must’ve been… The glitch in the timing is what threw me.
我不知道 一定是… 脉冲次序改变 搞乱了我
Must’ve been a starquake.
可能是星震
I think it’s great that you listen. Most people don’t do that anymore.
我认为这很不错 你用听的 许多人不这样做
It’s just an old habit. You know, it makes it feel more real.
这是老♥习♥惯 这样更感觉真实一点
Ellie. Kent. Kent Clark.
我是艾丽 肯特 肯特·克拉克
Hey.
嘿
They said you’ve been up at Owens Valley working under Drumlin.
他们说你曾经效力于杜木林 在奥云谷工作过
How did you like him?
你喜欢他吗?
That much? And about what I’d expect after what he had to say about you.
说明问题了? 他那样说你 也难怪你(不喜欢)
What was that?
他怎么说?
That you are brilliant, driven…
他说你人聪明 有干劲…
a major pain in the ass, and obsessed with a field of study…
而且惹人讨厌 沉迷在…
that he considers tantamount to professional suicide.
他认为是职业自杀的研究中
Anything else? Those were the highlights.
还有什么? 那是最难听的了
Davio, Dr. Vernon. Dr. Arroway.
大和 巩博士 雅博士
Hey. Hi there. How you doing?
幸会 幸会
And I believe you’ve already met our tireless research assistant, Mr. Fisher…
你已见过从不睡觉的助理宝沙先生了…
Here, I need you to sign… …as well as his cologne.
我要你签名… …以及他的古龙香水
Brook’s looking at the black hole at the center of M-87.
布鲁克在研究M-87星系里的黑洞
Eli’s studying Markarian 541, a major gamma-ray source.
艾丽研究马卡辰星系 伽玛射线的重要来源之一
And Dr. Arroway will be spending her precious telescope time listening for, um…
雅博士会花她珍贵的望远镜机时来倾听…
Listening for…
倾听…
Little green men.
小绿人 (外星人的谑称)
One down, a couple billion to go.
排除了一个 还有二十亿个
Arecibo, right?
你是做研究的?
Does it show?
能看出吗?
Yeah.
是啊
Cracker Jack? No, thanks.
要吃糖吗? 不 谢了
Mind if I sit down? Sure.
我可以坐下吗? 好的
I hear the locals, they call it El Radar.
我听本地人把那个叫做”EI大雷达”
Convinced it has some dark military purpose.
都深信是军事用途的
I think we’re pretty harmless.
它们没杀伤力
Palmer Joss.
曹·朋马
Ellie Arroway. Nice to meet you, Ellie.
雅·艾丽 很高兴认识你 艾丽
What are you studying up there?
你研究什么?
The usual.
普通的研究
You know. Nebulae, quasars, pulsars, stuff like that.
星云 类星体 银河系 脉冲星
What are you…? What are you writing?
你在…? 你在写什么?
The usual. Nouns, adverbs, adjective here and there.
一般的 名词 副词 形容词
I work on a project called SETI.
我的项目名为SETI
Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence?
寻找外星智慧计划?
Wow. Man, that is out there.
哇 那够另类的
Wait, are you a student or something?
慢着 你是学生吗?
Mm-mm. I’m a writer. I’m writing a book.
我是作家 在写书
Down here doing research about how technology affects Third World cultures.
研究技术如何影响第三世界文化