我们有协议 新闻循环播放 乔
We had an agreement. Same news cycle, Joe.
有颗牙让我痛苦
I already got a tooth that’s killing me.
国民要听到克拉伦斯·托马斯今晚
This country’s gonna hear Clarence Thomas tonight.
要么是在作证席上
It’s either gonna be in there at the witness table
要么就在门外 向一排摄像机解释
or parked right outside this door explaining to a bank of television cameras
为什么拜登否认他的自辩权利
why Joe Biden is denying him the right to defend himself.
克拉伦斯 车来了
Clarence. The car’s here.
我们会迟到
We’re going to be late.
你跟贾马尔说了?
Did you talk to Jamal?

Yes.
他怎么样?- 生气
How is he? – Angry.
他很困惑
He’s confused.
我能对他说什么?
What do I say to him?
我如何解释他们说我的这一切?
How can I explain all of this stuff that they say about me?
嗯?
Hmm?
孩子不应该听到 卑鄙事情和父亲有关
Vile things no child should ever have to hear about their father.
这些人审判我
And these men judging me,
其中一半现在自己正焦头烂额
half of them are under an ethics cloud at this very minute.
金钱指控 性指控
Money charges, sex charges.
你没看到他们引火烧身 是不是?
You don’t see their lives going up in flames around them, do you?
是不是?
Do you?
没有
No.
他们会很好
They’re gonna be just fine.
法官 你可以… – 参议员 首先我要
Judge, you may want… – Senator, I would like to start by saying
直接明确地说
unequivocally,
直接明确地…
uncategorically…
今天我否认每一项对我的指控
That I deny each and every single allegation against me today
说我以任何方式
that suggested that I, in any way, had conversations
和安妮塔希尔谈起性♥欲♥
of a sexual nature
或者色情题材
or about pornographic material with Anita Hill,
我曾试图和她约会
that I ever attempted to date her,
我曾对她有性趣
that I ever had any personal sexual interest in her,
或我以任何方式骚扰她
or that I, in any way, ever harassed her.
其次… 我认为这是更重要的一点
Second… And I think it’s the more important point.
我觉得今天是个莫大讽刺
I think that this today is a travesty.
我认为令人恶心
I think it is disgusting.
我认为这样的听证会
I think this hearing
不应该在美国发生
should never occur in America.
这个委员会任何成员
How would any member on this Committee,
这个房♥间里的任何人
any person in this room,
这个国家的任何人
any person in this country
能够以这种方式被肮脏地说道?
like sleaze said about him or her in this fashion,
或以这种方式展现谎言和污陷?
or this dirt dredged up and these lies displayed in this manner?
这是个马戏团 是国家的耻辱
This is a circus. It’s a national disgrace.
从我的角度看
And from my standpoint,
作为美国黑人
as a black American,
就我而言 这是个高科技私刑
as far as I’m concerned, it’s a hi-tech lynching
针对自主的黑人 他们以任何方式想自己所想
for uppity blacks who in any way deign to think for themselves,
做自己所做
do for themselves,
有不同的思想
to have different ideas.
这是个信息 除非你向旧秩序磕头…
And it is a message that, unless you kowtow to the old order…
否则就会这样
This is what will happen to you.
你会被参议院委员会处以私刑
You will be lynched,
被摧毁
destroyed,
被嘲弄…
caricatured…
而不是被挂在树上
By a Committee of the US Senate rather than hung from a tree.
法官 明天我们继续
Judge, tomorrow we will reconvene.
我假设 法官… 这是你的选择
I assume, Judge… It’s your choice.
我假设你明天会来
I assume you wish to come back tomorrow.
委员会不要求你来
The Committee is not demanding that you come back.
你明天会来么?
Would you like to come back tomorrow?
我会 参议员 我想了结这事
I think so, Senator. I’d like to finish this.
今晚委员会大多数参议员
Most, most of the senators who were, uh, on the Committee tonight.
我认为 惊愕于这种愤怒…
Uh, I think, were stunned at the anger…
这两个故事绝不可能得到解决
It is impossible to absolutely resolve these two stories.
当他说这些东西被披露时 难道不认为
Does he not have a point when he says the leakage of this stuff,
这些肮脏的事情 至少其中部分是
the dirty character of it amounts, in part at least,
企图向克拉伦斯·托马斯处以私刑?
to an attempting lynching of Clarence Thomas?
这是关于性骚扰 – 同意
This is about sexual harassment. – Agreed.
和他担任最高法♥院♥大♥法♥官的适当性
And about his fitness to be an Associate Justice on the Supreme Court.
他说的全都没有任何意义
None of what he said has any relevance.
但这不是个司法程序
But this is not a judicial proceeding.
这是个政♥治♥剧 托马斯演了场戏
This is political theater, and Thomas just performed.
他说服了你?- 没有
So he got you? – No.
我没有说他说的话相关 – 嗯
I’m not saying anything he said was relevant. – Mmm-hmm.
我愤慨是他而不是其他人 但他说了实话
And I hate that it was him of all people, but he did tell a truth.
实话?说支持我就是等同于支持私刑?
“A truth”? By saying that supporting me is synonymous with supporting lynching?
不不 我没想这么说 – 在这里他不是受害者
No, no, no. I’m not trying to say that. – He is not the victim here.
我也没想那么说
I’m not trying to say that, either.
那你想说什么 查尔斯?- 听着
Then what are you trying to say, Charles? – Listen.
白人已经开始讨论这个破事
White folks are already talking this bullshit
这不可能和种族有关 你俩都是黑人 对么?
that this can’t be about race ’cause you’re both black, right?
那托马斯做的是… – 不 听我说 听我说
So what Thomas just did… – No, listen to me. Listen to me!
我祖父逃离阿肯色 因为他受到私刑威肋
My grandfather fled Arkansas because he was threatened with lynching.
我十分感激 – 一个真正的私刑
I appreciate that. – A real lynching.
不是托马斯隐喻的那种
Not this metaphoric kind that Thomas is talking about.
但他不管这个
But he doesn’t care about that.
他只管种族 因为是关于他
He only acknowledged race because it was about him.
但这不对
But that’s not right.
我没说这正确 – 这不是问题
I’m not saying it is right. – It’s not the issue.
问题是性骚扰 – 但有效 现在你认为
The issue is sexual harassment. – But it was effective. Now, you think
委员会里任何白人现在准备质疑他么?
any of those white boys on that Committee are prepared to challenge him now?
你知道什么真正让我恼火?
You know what really pisses me off?
他试图驳回你正因为你是黑人女性
He’s trying to dismiss you precisely because you’re a black woman.
嗯 – 你和我都知道
Hmm. – You and I both know
他的提名和听证会将完全不同
that this hearing and his nomination would be in a very different place
如果你长得像他(白人)妻子
if you looked like his wife.

Hmm.
很好 你还在这里
Good, you’re still here.
你不会相信这个
You’re not gonna believe this.
还有另一个女性
There’s another woman.
她叫安吉拉·赖特 在安妮塔希尔后为托马斯工作
Her name is Angela Wright. She worked for Thomas after Anita Hill.
她们从没有见过 从没听说过对方
They never met, never even heard of each other.
现在她是报社编辑 她真正想的是成为专栏作家
She’s a newspaper editor now, but what she really wants to be is a columnist,
因此为向老板证明自己 她写了个样本专栏
so to prove herself to her bosses, she wrote a sample column.
“我知道托马斯会做这些事 因为他对我做过”
“I know Thomas is capable of doing these things because he did them to me.”
我们需要她作证
We need to depose her.
我可以告诉你在
I can tell you that
我为克拉伦斯·托马斯工作的一年中
during the course of the year that I worked for Clarence Thomas,
他说过一些话
there were several comments that he made.
克拉伦斯·托马斯一直强迫我和他出去
And Clarence Thomas did consistently pressure me to date him.
对 是… – 有次克拉伦斯·托马斯
Right, and was there… – At one point,
对我的体态发表意见
Clarence Thomas made comments about my anatomy.
你能… – 他常说
Can you… – He often said,
“我有过些好女员工”
“I’ve got some fine women on my staff.”
我记得他说一个女性有个大屁♥股♥
I remember him saying that one woman had a big ass.
克拉伦斯·托马斯评论我穿的衣服
Clarence Thomas commented on a dress that I was wearing
并问我胸围尺寸
and asked what size my boobs were.
克拉伦斯·托马斯晚上到我家…
Clarence Thomas came by my house at night…
赖特女士… – 不请自来 先是正常聊天
Miss Wright… – uninvited, spoke in general terms,
随后试着把谈话目标转到让我和他约会
but then tried to move the conversation over to the prospect of me dating him.
这个打开了?- 我们谈的…
Is this on? – We’re talking about a thing that, you know..
她能听见?
She can hear?
基本直接出自克拉伦斯·托马斯的嘴
pretty much pops out of Clarence Thomas’s mouth
他想说什么就说什么
whenever the hell he feels like saying it.
白宫知道她吗?
Does the White House know about her?
我们送过去一个证词副本
We sent over a copy of her deposition.

Oh.
他们会喜欢那个 不是吗?- 是的
They’re gonna love that, aren’t they? – Yeah.
好 仔细检查她的可信度
Okay, triple-check her credibility.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!