一个新总裁出现了 他的名字叫罗杰·古德尔
There’s a new sheriff in town. His name is Roger Goodell.
现在让我来为这个联盟说句话
What I’m here to do now is protect the shield.
国家橄榄球联盟不仅仅是一个体育联赛
The NFL isn’t just a sports league.
它也是一个娱乐产品
It’s an entertainment product.
是美国人的游戏
America’s Game.
我希望我们能继续享受它给我们带来的乐趣…
I want us to go on enjoying…
阿勒格尼县验尸中心…
Allegheny County Coroner…
好的 稍等
Sure, one second.
朱利安·贝尔斯医生
It’s Dr.Julian Bailes.
-好的 -他来了
-Yes, yeah. -Here he is.
-朱利安 -嗯 打开电视机
-Julian -Hey, Turn on the TV.
嗯 我在看了
Yes, I’m watching.
你想要的和委员面对面的
You asked for a face to face with the Commissioner… Man to Man?
古德尔邀请你出席国家橄榄球联赛的脑震荡研究会议
Goodell and the NFL are asking for a concussion summit.
下周在芝加哥进行一个完整的演示
A full presentation in Chicago next week.
他们知道你了 该你出手了
They heard you, you have your shot.
朱利安…
Julian…
你为什么不加入一些有关橄榄球的材料
Why don’t you throw in some football stuff?
我们需要说的东西 一些非医学术语
Some non-medical terms, things we’d say.
我们为什么要说他们要说的是东西
Why do I need to say things they’d say?
我还以为以为我在这里是为了别的原因
I thought I was here for the other reason.
你有什么 7个甚至8个学历
You have what? 7 or 8 degrees?
你将是他们见过的最聪明的人之一
you’re one of the smartest people they’ll ever meet…
你知道吗 你会成功的…
You know what? You’re gonna be fine…
你没事吧
How about you?
你会怎么样
How will you be?
你知道 这是一个愚蠢又暴♥力♥的游戏
You know, it is a mindless, violent game.
很莎士比亚
And then it’s Shakespeare.
我的意思是对我而言 就像生活一样
I mean to me, it’s like life that way.
我知道你不明白…
And I know you can’t see how…
那是多么的刺♥激♥多么的竞猜 我不会怪你
exciting, and beautiful all that is, and I don’t blame you.
但我要告诉你的是…这对我来说一点也不好玩
But what I’m trying to tell you is… This is not fun for me.
明天我们看到的所有人 私底下我都认识
All of the people we’re gonna see tomorrow, I know them personally.
你对于那些你喜欢和尊敬的人让你滚蛋
And that feeling you have when someone you love and admire,
所产生的一切感觉…
screws you over…
他们会有的就是那种感觉…
They’re gonna have that feeling…
因为我
Because of me.
我却什么都做不到
And there’s not a damn thing I can do about it.
-嘿 -我们必须谈谈
-Hey -We have to talk.
怎么了
What’s wrong?
没法委婉地说 我就直说了
There is no easy way to say this, so I’m just going to say it.
他们不想让你说话
They’re not going to let you speak.
什么
What?
他们甚至不希望你在会场
They don’t even want you in the room.
他们想让我去做
They want me to do it.
-一个他们自己的人 -一个他们自己的人
-One of their own. -One of their own.
-所以他们想假装…-假装你不存在 是的…
-So they want to pretend… -that you don’t even exist, that’s right…
-他们还得坐下来听 -你
-They still have to sit and listen. -To you
-是的 你毁了他们的世界 -还有你的 朱利安
-Yes, you blew up their whole world. -And yours, Julian.
是的 还有我的
Yes, mine.
因为觉得一个非洲巫术医生怎么可能
Because how can it be possible, that some African Voodoo Doctor
会比他们更深入地了解这个问题
could understand this subject better than them.
甚至比你还了解
Or even better than you
等一会儿 你觉得这是针对班尼特·奥马鲁吗
Wait a second, you think this is about Bennet Omalu?
我会在这里不是因为你 而是因为有人在死去
I’m not here because of you, I’m here because people are dying.
你在这里是为了赎罪 你在这里是想用我去洗刷你的罪恶
You are here for redemption. You are here to use me to cleanse your sins.
你这个自以为是的混♥蛋♥
You self-righteous bastard.
你知道如果站到联盟那边一直守口如瓶
Do you have any idea what I could have? How much I could have?
我能得到什么吗 知道我能得到多少吗
If I went back to my side of the ball and just kept my mouth shut.
我世界中的一切事物都在阻止我同意你
Everything in my world is telling me not to agree with you,
只有一个例外
except one.
科学
Science.
这才是我在这儿的理由
So, here I am.
站在你旁边 而不是和他们坐在观众席
Up here beside you, not down there in that audience with them.
还需要我做什么向你证明吗
What more can I do to prove myself to you?
我很抱歉
I am sorry.
说服他们 朱利安
Convince them, Julian.
我父亲记不住这该死的事
You know, my father can’t remember a god damn thing
他从没打过一天橄榄球
He never played a day of football.
他忙着在工厂工作 你这个庸医
He was too busy working in a factory, you quack.
再说一遍
I beg your pardon?
带着你的狗屎科学滚回非洲去吧
You take your bullshit science and go back to Africa.
离我们的游戏远点
And get away from our game.
怎么了
What happened?
罗杰·古德尔只是说了贾斯汀·斯托克斯
Roger Goodell just said that Justin Strzelczyk
可能是游泳时候造成的脑震荡
May have got his concussion swimming.
-在一个游泳池 -完全是胡说
-In a swimming pool. -That, That’s insanity.
先不说这个
This whole thing was staged.
他们需要说他们听了我们的了 那么他们才能埋没我们
They needed to say they heard us so they could god damn bury us.
科学对他们来说毫无意义
The science means nothing to them.
对国家橄榄球联盟来说今天是个重要的日子…
This is an important day, in the National Football League…
我们收到了很多重要的意见
We’ve had some very good dialogue,
这将帮助我们进一步照顾我们的球员
Which will help us improve the care for our players.
当你听到很多退役球员患有
What do you think when you hear about former NFL players suffering from symptoms that
只有拳击手和80岁以上的人才有的病症时怎么想
has only been seen in boxers and people that are over 80 years old?
我的意思是说脑震荡对球员的影响有什么想说的
I mean what does that say about the effects of concussions on players?
我不是医生 但是你看看整个医学发展史
I’m not a doctor here, but you have to look at their entire medical history.
这是一项不断发展的科学 就是这样
This is an evolving science, and that’s okay.
我同意委员的看法
While I agree with the commissioner,
今天并没有提出关键性的证据
no empirically determined proof was presented today,
因为根本就没有
because there simply isn’t any.
因为根据国家橄榄球联盟的数据统计
Because according to the NFL’s own numbers
超过一半的得过脑震荡的球员最后都回到比赛中去了
half of all players with concussions are sent back into the same game.
包括一些曾被撞晕过的人
Including some who were actually knocked out cold.
艾勒·卡森 曾是国际橄榄球联盟的团队主管医生
Ira Casson, was head of a team of NFL doctors
他看到这个问题以后
who had looked into the issue,
认为头部受伤的担忧显然被夸大了
and determined that the concern over head injuries was overblown.
从您的观点来说 有没有什么和…
Is there any evidence, as far as you’re concerned…
出现在职业橄榄球运动员里
that links multiple head injuries
多人颅脑损伤…抑郁症相关联的证据
among pro football players with… depression?
没有
No.
-老年痴呆 -没有
-With Dementia? -No.
-伴随早期老年痴呆症发作 -没有
-With early onset of Alzheimer’s? -No.
没有任何证据可以证明
Is there any evidence as of today that links
多次头部损伤会产生后遗症的问题
Multiple head injuries with any long term problem like that?
-在国家橄榄球联盟球员中吗 -是的
-In NFL players? -Yeah.
没有
No.
嘿 小家伙
Hey little one.
我是你老爸
This is your father.
我踩到狗屎了
I am in deep shit.
虽然我并没有做错什么…
I have not done anything wrong…
但是我被惩罚了
but I am being punished.
当你离开妈妈肚子的时候可能发现世界并不美好
It might not be so nice, when you get out here
你现在和上帝在一起
You are still with God.
请让他帮帮我
Please ask him to help me.
都过去了 没关系…
It’s alright, it’s okay…
-什么情况 -他们来自FBI
-What is this? -This is the FBI.
显然我被解除责任了
Apparently I’m being relieved of my duties.
什么 我不明白
What? I don’t understand.
威切特医生被联邦方面指控从1984年开始…
Dr.Wecht has been indicted on 84 federal counts including…
拜托 特克斯 至少让我有告诉他这多么有趣
Please Tex, let me at least have the joy of telling him.
我被联邦法♥院♥指控从84年开始
I’m being indicted on 84 federal counts,
进行邮件欺诈 通信欺诈 等相关罪行
including mail fraud, wire fraud, other related offences.
利用政♥府♥资源扶持我的私人诊所
Arising out of my use of government resources, to advance my private practice.
包括但不限于
Including but not limited to:
滥用交通补助和办公用品
Mileage vouchers, misuse of office stationary,
还有违规使用传真机
and my personal use of the fax machine.
-传真 -是的
-Faxes? -Yeah.
这些愚蠢的理由在尼日利亚都行不通
They could not have come up with something this stupid in Nigeria.
这个人几十年来一直为人♥民♥服务
This man has been a public servant for decades.