我们不讨论更早期的了
And I’m not talking about the older guys,
只讨论一下我这一拨的
I’m talking about men that I worked with.
就我知道的
And just the ones I know about.
有12个
Twelve.
我不想看到越来越多的人
And I don’t wanna see any more of these men vanish
重蹈贾斯汀的覆辙而消失
in the back of a pickup truck.
我了解他们 我跟他们一样
I know them, I was them.
我认为你这样做是错误的
And I think you’re doing this wrong.
只要国家橄榄球联盟继续否认事实
As long as the NFL continues to deny the truth,
什么都不会改变
nothing changes.
他们说是真的才是真的
It’s only true if they say it’s true.
他们还得公开地承认这一点
And they gotta say it out loud.
让我和委员们见一面
Get me a meeting with the commissioner.
我要这这些人面对面
I want to sit with him man to man, face to face.
我要让他们大声说出真♥相♥
I will make him say it out loud
他们不想和你见面
They don’t wanna talk to you.
橄榄球不想跟你妥协
Football does not want to talk to you.
我的父亲 路易斯安那的法官 他总是对我说
Like my daddy, a Louisiana Judge always used to say to me: “Son,
上帝排第一位 橄榄球排在第二位
God is number one, and football is number two”.
而且 你还不是是美国人 甚至不是非裔美国人
Besides to them, you’re not even American, You’re not even African American.
你…
You’re…
只是个医生
A doctor?
好吧
Okay.
联盟一直将真♥相♥隐藏在黑暗中
Look… the league has kept everyone in the dark.
现在你打开了聚光灯
And you turned on the lights and gave
说出了他们的秘密
their biggest Boogeyman a name.
现在是什么状况
What’s happening now?
你觉得他们会对你做什么吗 没什么
What you think they’re doing to you? That’s nothing.
我已经调查了这个”国家橄榄球联盟脑损伤研究小组”
I’ve done my own research, on this “NFL Brain Injury Committee”.
你知道艾略特·佩尔曼医生时干什么的吗
You know what Dr.Elliot Pellman is?
他是一个风湿病学家
He’s a rheumatologist.
他的专业是关节炎和关节疼痛
He’s a specialist in arthritis and joint pain.
你能告诉我风湿病学家知道什么
Can you tell me, what a rheumatologist knows
关于大脑和大脑疾病的东西
about the brain and brain disease?
在这个国家 这样的人通常应该去哈佛或耶鲁
Corporate men like this, in this country, usually go to Harvard or Yale.
他去了在瓜达拉哈拉的医学院
He went to medical school in Guadalajara.
-墨西哥的 -是的
-Mexico? -Yes.
我不知道
I did not know that.
那很美
That’s beautiful.
现在 有两个案例不满足科学的举证责任
Now, two cases does not meet the scientific burden of proof.
你必须坚持住
You have to keep going.
正如你发现的 问题并不能在CT影像上呈现
Just so you understand, this does not show up on a CT scan.
这就意味着死之前没法诊断出来
Which means there is no diagnosis before death.
我要坚持下去的话…
In order for me to keep going…
得有更多人死去
more have to die.
不幸的是 这已经发生了
Unfortunately, that’s already happening.
我没听错吧 听说你要走了
Double D. Did I hear right we’re losing you?
去芝加哥做市长
Tapping you for mayor of Chicago?
还差很远呢
Still a long, long road, my friend.
世界杀手级运动员 在一生中
All world killer athlete to civilian to king…
从平民到国王 女士们先生们…
all in one lifetime, ladies and gentlemen…
能搞定一切的戴夫·杜尔森当选市长
I give you Mayor Dave Duerson, who has figured it out
-戴夫 -有事吗
-Dave -Yeah?
是我 安德鲁·瓦特斯
It’s me man. Andre Waters.
你最近怎么样
How’re you doing, man?
我跟你走走吧
Look, let me walk with you.
不好 戴夫 很不好
It’s not good, Dave, not good.
你看过文件了吧 委员会怎么能这么做
You’ve seen the paperwork, why’s the committee doing this, man?
还有5个其他受托人 你和他们谈了吗
There are 5 other trustees, you talk to them?
你是唯一和我们接触的人
You the only one who played, man,
你是唯一了解我们的人
You the only one who knows what it is to be us.
喂 喂 喂 喂 你和我 我们是一类的人
Hey, hey, hey, hey. You and me, we were the same man.
我们是炸♥弹♥ 是杀手
Huh? We were bangers, hitmen.
拿文件去上诉
File the appeal
你驳回了上诉 戴夫 你看
You denied the appeal, Dave Look,
我们这些人身上是有问题的
somethings wrong with me man.
我睡不着 我是说我眼睛合上了又被弄开…喂
I can’t sleep, I mean my eyes get crossed It wears me out… Hey.
-看着我 -我的天
-Look at me man. -Jesus!
我交了十二年的税 帮那些混♥蛋♥赚了几百万
Twelve years I payed my dues. I made millions for those assholes.
拜托 借我点钱吧 伙计
Come on, just lend me your money, man.
就当做还我一个人情了
Just asking back what I gave.
听着 肥猪 别像个猪一样不停地吃了 头痛吗
Listen, FAT, stop eating like a pig. Got a headache?
去找医生
See a doctor.
我已经看了20个医生了 我需要借点钱
I’ve seen 20 doctors. I just need rent money.
滚远点
Get your shit together.
你曾是个勇士
You used to be a warrior.
-你这个叛徒 -把你的手拿开
-You fucking sellout. -Get your hands off me.
对不起 戴夫 对不起
I’m Sorry, Dave, I’m sorry.
还记得我们小时候吗
Look, Hey, Hey, Remember when we were kids?
我们一起生活一起玩耍
Playing’s what we live for, huh?
我需要你的帮助…
I need your help…
戴夫 救救我
Dave, help me
安德鲁·瓦特斯 绰号♥”脏水”
“Andre Waters, known as “Dirty Water”,
他的进攻风格粗暴丑陋
notorious for his aggressive style of play,
最有名的是他具有毁灭性的凶猛擒抱
and devastating hits that filled highlight reels.
瓦特斯吞枪自杀
Waters died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.
终年44岁
He was 44.
呃 这只是一部分
And uh, this is the part where he uh…
他犯满离场
He got knocked out.
他说自己没事
He said he was alright.
他也许只是有点眩晕 但他说自己没问题
He was maybe just a little dazed, but he said he was alright.
你看起来气色不错
You look well.
-孩子们怎么样 -孩子们很好
-How are the kids? -Kids are fine.
我也很好
I’m fine.
对不起 我没能参加他的葬礼
I’m sorry I couldn’t make it to the funeral.
没人必须去参加的
No one made it to the funeral.
他是太阳 我们是行星
He was the sun, we was the planets.
然后 他给我这张卡片后说 “妈妈…
And then, after he give me this card he said: “Mom…
我要走了
I’m ready to go. ”
因为他知道人们都认为他疯了
Because he knew that people was thinking he was crazy.
他没疯 他只不过变成其它人了
Not crazy, he had already become someone else.
你真的认为他是得了这种病吗 我希望是这样
You definitely think he had this disease? Because I want to believe that.
我相信是这样的
I believe so, yes.
你还想知道我的孩子留下了什么
And now you want what’s left of my boy.
你知道迈克·韦伯斯特吗
You heard about Mike Webster?
还有特里·隆 还有…还有其他人吗
And Terry Long and… and who else?
你到底想问我什么 朱利安
What do you really want to ask me, Julian?
西里尔·威切特医生 朱利安·贝尔斯医生
Dr.Cyril Wecht, Dr.Julian Bailes.
很高兴见到你
Pleasure to meet you.
安德鲁·瓦特斯
Andre Waters.
贾斯汀·斯托克斯
Justin Strzelczyk.
我只是不停地送走他们
And I just kept sending them back out there.
你到底在想些什么
What the hell were you thinking?
你必须和他们在一起 你应该…
You gotta be a part of it, you gotta be…
得站在他们的角度去理解问题
On the sidelines with them to understand.
无论它们在比赛中的表现怎么样 都得坚持下去
Whatever it takes to keep them in the game, To keep the whole thing going.
胶带 针头 维柯丁 酮咯酸
Tape, Needles, Vicodin, Toradol,
利多卡因 扑热息痛
Lidocaine, Percocet,
依地普林 郁乐复
Lexapro, Zoloft.
我有漏了说什么吗
Have I left anything out?
这些就像是轮胎和汽油
It’s Tyres and oil.
是让汽车在赛道上奔驰的动力保障
It’s mechanics trying to keep the cars on the racetrack.
好吧 不是医学…我不知道是什么
Yeah, well, it’s not medicine… I don’t know what it is.
是生意
It’s business.
-随你便了 -好了 好了
-Oh, There you go. -Okay, Okay.
3个案例 才能支撑科学证据
Three cases, is the scientific burden of evidence.
我们有4个 这比任何事情都重要
We have 4. That is far beyond anything.
不管国家橄榄球联盟承认与否
The NFL can or cannot deny.
这都比他们更厉害
This is bigger than they are.
他们现在应该听我们的
They have to listen to us now.