另一个钢人队最受欢迎的球员特里·隆
Yet another Steelers favourite Terry Long,
也被发现自杀身亡
has apparently committed suicide
今年45岁
at the age of 45.
好吧 特里 你想知道他们在哪里 现在我们知道了
Well, Terry, You wondered where they are now, now we know.
特里·隆 匹兹堡钢人队队员
Terry Long, Pittsburgh Steelers.
我觉得这些家伙只在你工作的时候死去
I guess these guys only die when you’re working.
他有什么其他的问题
What other problems did he have?
被逮捕过几次 欺诈 盗窃
Arrested a few times, fraud, federal theft.
噢 多次被捕
Wow, arrested a lot.
我需要做完整的解剖 像迈克·韦伯斯特那样的
I need a full autopsy, same tests as Mike Webster.
-你自己支付费用吗 -是的 丹尼 我支付
-You paying for that too? -Yes, Danny, I’m paying for that too.
约瑟夫·马路恩
Joseph Maroon.
这是我的理想
This is my dream.
这些学校很好
The schools are good.
你也很好 普蕾玛
You are good, Prema.
我相信你也能看到我的好
I’m sure you see good in me.
我懂
I see all that you are.
我想要娶你
I want to marry you.
让我们在爱河里徜徉…
We can fall in love…
如果你要娶我 我就嫁给你
If you want to marry me, I will marry you.
太好了 我已经付过首♥付♥了
That is good because I already made the down payment.
我用我所有的钱为你买♥♥下它
I saved all my money and I bought this for you.
帮我接接艾略特·帕尔曼
Get me Elliot Pellman.
克里斯·琼斯让我叫你
I have Chris Jones for you.
我正在看
I’m just looking at it.
有什么需要关注的吗
Anything to be concerned about?
这个奥玛鲁是匹兹堡的一个验尸官
This Omalu, he’s a coroner in Pittsburgh.
看起来是个无名小卒 但是…让我调查一下
He looks like a nobody, but… let me get into it.
-你好 -是班尼特·奥马鲁家吗
-Hello? -Is Bennet Omalu there?
呃 是的
Ah, yes, he is.
嗯 你是
Okay, yes?
我是一个做橄榄球相关研究很多年的神经学家
I’m a neurologist who’s worked around football for years.
对美国职业橄榄球联盟的脑震荡研究非常了解
Very familiar with the NFL’s concussion research.
联盟的明确结论是
And the League concluded unequivocally that
橄榄球球员并不会得脑损伤
football players do not get brain damage.
韦伯斯特是个偶然事件 奥玛鲁先生
Webster was one random case, Mr.Omalu.
-是奥马鲁医生 -随你
-Doctor Omalu. -Well, whatever.
你是一个无知的庸医 你的职业生涯就要结束了
You’re an uneducated quack and your career is over.
他们说你是文盲吗 他们没有看过你的简历吗
They said you were uneducated? Did they even read your resume?
好吧 我也有电♥话♥
Well I got calls too.
显然美国国家橄榄球联盟拥有自己的神经科学医生
Apparently the National Football League owns neuroscience.
-是谁 -没找到
-Who knew? -Failure to find
临床信息的缺乏
absence of clinical information.
-他们想怎样 -惩罚你
-What do they want? -Your head on a spike.
他们希望你收回你的言论
They want you to retract your findings.
他们想要你说你虚构了这一切
They want you to say you made it all up.
-我虚构的吗 -他们要指控你有欺诈行为
-I made it up? -They’re accusing you of fraud.
如果你收回言论 你会没事的
If you retract, you’ll be fine.
这一切也就没有意义了
This all goes away.
-他们为什么这么做 -他们害怕你
-Why are they doing this? -They’re terrified of you.
你以为他们会说什么”谢谢”
What’d you think they were gonna say? “Thank you”?
-是的 -为什么
-Yes. -What the hell for?
为了知情权 为了真理
For being told. For knowing.
我明白 你觉得你在做好一个美国公民
I understand. You think you’re being a good American.
呃…匹兹堡城市花了2 33亿美元
So… the city of Pittsburgh spent $233 million
建造了他们的引以为傲的新钢人体育场
to build their glorious Steelers a new stadium.
他们关闭学校
All the while they were closing schools,
提高税收
and raising taxes.
这些人并不是要改变世界
These people are not out to change the world.
这也不是附在一本名不见经传的医学期刊
And this is not some quaint academic discovery
后面的奇怪的学术发现
stuck in the back of an obscure medical journal.
班尼特·奥马鲁是要与一个集团展开一场斗争
Bennet Omalu is going to war with a corporation
他们每周有20万人
That has 20 million people on a weekly basis
在期待着他们的比赛
craving their product.
像期待将要上桌的饭菜
The same way they crave food.
美国职业橄榄球联盟占据着一周中的一天
The NFL owns a day of the week.
就像以前的教堂一样 不过现在橄榄球是人们的信仰
The same day the church used to own, now it’s theirs.
他们很强大
They’re very big.
特里·隆
Terry Long.
他的测试结果呈阳性
His tests came back positive.
橄榄球造成了脑震荡 脑震荡损伤了大脑
Football gave him CTE, and CTE told his brain
他喝了一桶防冻液就自杀了
to drink a gallon of antifreeze and he died.
我说过会有更多人
I told you there would be more.
你已经做了很伟大的工作
You have done great work.
你就算现在放弃也没人会怪你的
No one would blame you if you stopped now.
没人会放弃的
No one is stopping anything.
可能我不说的话就是自欺欺人了
Then I’d be lying if I didn’t tell you
你接下来做的事情非常重要
how important your next move is.
特里·隆自杀的时候
By the time Terry Long committed suicide,
他的大脑早已经得了慢性创伤脑部病变
his brain had been consumed by Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy.
甚至有可能
And it is probable, perhaps even likely,
大部分的职业球员
that a large percentage of professional football players,
都会死于慢性创伤脑部病变
have and will die from CTE.
这是匹兹堡的法医 班尼特·奥马鲁医生
This was the Pittsburgh medical examiner’s own, Dr.Bennet Omalu.
今天发起了对美国国家橄榄球联盟的挑战
Who today threw down the gauntlet at the feet of the National Football League.
谢谢
Thank you.
-你觉得怎么样 -我想你会成为一个美国英雄的
-What do you think? -I think you’re gonna be an American hero.
-我甚至不是一个土生土长的美国人 -呃 那样更好
-I’m not even an American. -Ah, that’s even better.
去他♥娘♥的♥美国人
That’s so fucking American
马路恩医生
Doctor Maroon,
神经学会副♥主♥席♥
who is also vice chairman of the neuro-surgery department
就职于匹兹堡大学医学中心
At the University of Pittsburghin Medical Centre ,
声称奥玛鲁的脑部慢性病变诊断
said of Omalu’s CTE diagnosis:
荒谬至极
That it was fallacious reasoning.
-你好 -是班尼特·奥马鲁吗
-Yes. -Is this Bennet Omalu?
是班尼特·奥马鲁医生
Doctor Bennet Omalu.
你♥他♥妈♥想搞乱这个国家
You want to pussify this country?
你♥他♥妈♥要搞死橄榄球吗 滚远点
You want to vaginise football? Get the hell out,
否则被解剖的就是你
or they’ll be doing your autopsy.
-奥玛鲁医生 -怎么了
-Dr.Omalu? -Yes?.
我猜你是个早起的人 我不想打到你办公室
I took you to be an early riser, I didn’t want to call you at your office.
-我是是朱利安·贝尔斯 你认识我吗 -认识
-This is Julian Bailes, do you know who I am? -I know who you are.
迈克·韦伯斯特曾经是我的好朋友
Mike Webster was a personal friend.
是吗
Was he?
奥玛鲁医生 你虽然有麻烦但是你并没有做错
Dr.Omalu, you’re in trouble but you’re not wrong.
我想和你谈谈
I would like to talk with you.
国家橄榄球联盟多年来一直知道脑震荡对人的影响
The NFL has known about this concussion crisis for years.
这些是调查报告
What you have there is the research,
是联盟对脑震荡调查方向的指南
that forms the basis for the league’s concussion guidelines.
在研究的时候 一些专家给猴子戴上头盔
In this study, some academics put helmets on monkeys,
去进行猛烈地撞击 还有狗和猪…
And shook them real hard, they threw dogs and pigs…
还有人类尸体的升降落体实验
and human cadavers down elevator shafts.
实验人体和头盔在一起碰撞形成冲击
Helmets on crash test dummies and bashed them together.
他们的结论是
And their conclusion?
没球员有明显的颈部受伤或脑震荡
“No striking player experienced neck injury or concussion.”
所以脑震荡甚至没有手指头的倒拉刺危险
So a concussion is no more dangerous than a hangnail.
-就那样了 -哦 不不不
-And that was it? -Oh, no, no, no.
NFL作为一个联盟
The NFL did what every organization does.
他们组成了一个委员会由艾略特医生带头的
They put together a commission to study the study: “Dr.Elliot Pellman’s
“轻度脑创伤性委员会”
Mild Traumatic Brain committee”.
你知道还有谁在这个委员会吗
You know who else was on that committee?
魔力红医生
Dr.Moroon Joe.
是的 有他 当然还有其它人
Yeah, he was on there, plus a couple of others.
医生团队 一个经理 两个教练
Team doctors, an equipment manager and two trainers.
我意思是大家其实都很难做
Guys who tape knees for a living, I mean
请我来这干什么 贝尔斯医生
Why am I here, Dr.Bailes?
医生 我跟钢人队没有一点关系了
Doctor, I’m not with the Steelers anymore.
我也不在国家橄榄球联盟工作
I’m not with the NFL.
现在…你知道有多少个钢人队的球员
Now… Do you know how many Pittsburgh Steelers,
只是钢人队 在过去的几年里死了的
just Steelers now, have died in the last few years?