原谅他们
Forgive them.
原谅自己
Forgive Yourselves.
淡然处之
Be at peace.
古德尔总裁 你认为打职业橄榄球
Commissioner Goodell, is there a link between
和脑相关的损伤之间
playing professional football and the likelihood
有没有什么关联
of contracting a brain related injury,
如痴呆 阿尔茨海默氏症
Such as dementia, Alzheimer’s,
抑郁症 或慢性脑损伤病变
depression, or CTE?
我们做了一切能为球员做的
We are doing everything we possibly can for our players.
我只想问你一个简单的问题 答案是什么
I just asked you a simple question. What’s the answer?
它让我想起了烟草公♥司♥
It sort of reminds me of the tobacco companies,
90年代以前 当他们不停地说
Pre 90’s, when they kept saying:
“不 吸烟和健康问题
“No, there is no link between smoking and damage to your health,
疾病因素没有关联性”
or ill health effects.”
通过在1990年代一连串的诉讼
And they were forced to admit
最终他们被迫承认那是不对的
that that was incorrect through a spate of litigation in the 1990’s..
我要问你的是…
And my question to you is…
我们一次又一次的从国家橄榄球联盟听到
We have heard from the NFL time and time again.
你一直努力 你一直尝试
You’re always studying, you’re always trying.
-你很有前途…我想知道 -杂种
-You’re hopeful… I wanna know, -Son of a bitch
你在这次洽谈里都做了什么
What are you doing in the negotiations that are going on now
来处理这个问题和其他关于橄榄球运动员所
to deal with this problem and other problems related
受到伤害的问题
to the injuries that football players obtain,
以及这些问题对他们健康的影响
and it’s impact on their health?
你做的一切
You did all this.
我知道时间不多了
I know my time is drawing to a close,
但是让我告诉古德尔先生
but let me just say this to Mr.Goodell
以及今天在场的每一个人 我认为国会是时候…
and everybody who is here today, that I think that it’s time Congress…
-第一次来华盛顿吗 -啊 是的
-First time in Washington? -Ah, yes.
我们非常高兴你能接受我们的邀请
Well, we’re thrilled you accepted our invitation.
我很好奇
I was very curious.
成为华盛顿特区首席法医的话
Chief Medical Examiner for Washington, DC
意味着你也得接受中♥央♥情报局和联邦调查局的咨♥询♥
means you would also consult with the CIA and FBI,
还有任何外国政♥府♥对于
and any foreign government requesting the assistance
美国政♥府♥的援助请求
of the United States Government.
从本质上讲 作为一名国家法医病理学家
Essentially, you are America’s forensic pathologist.
不需要像个实习医生那样进行尸检
Wouldn’t have to put on scrubs, perform an autopsy.
那些都不需要做了
You’re beyond all that now.
你想了解更多的相关福利吗
Would you like to hear about the benefits package?
不用了 我的意思是 肯定很好
No, I mean, I’m sure it’s fine.
我们知道你所经历的一切 奥马鲁医生
We know everything you did, Dr.Omalu.
你例证了作为一个美国公民的一切意义
You exemplify everything it is to be an American.
你属于这儿 在首都和我们一起工作
You belong here with us, in the nations capital.
何不休息两天好好考虑一下
Why don’t you take a couple of days and think about it?
我们开始吧
Let’s go
你 看球
You. On the ball
把它拿回来 弯腰
Bring it back, huddle up
抓住他 抓住他 抓住他
Get him, get him, get him
他依然留在加利福利亚 洛迪
和普蕾玛还有两个孩子一起
对前电光队球星朱尼耶·萨乌的家人
Tragic loss for the family
和球迷来说真是灾难性的消息
and fans of former Chargers star Junior Seau,
他的尸体在海边被发现
after he was found dead in his ocean-side home.
晚上好 感谢您的收看
Good evening and thanks for joining us tonight.
朱尼耶·萨乌的死亡正在调查中
Junior Seau’s death is being investigated as a suicide.
警方表明 他的女朋友报告说发现他
Police say his girlfriend reported finding him
朝自己的胸部开枪自杀身亡…
with an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest…
突然地离去消息让大家震惊 难以置信
Tonight there’s widespread shock and disbelief over the sudden death.