I’ll be right back. – OK.
嘿,阿基姆,球赛看得还愉快吧?
Hey, Akeem. Did you have a good time at the game?
是的,很愉快,谢谢
Yes, thank you.
我希望达里尔没有冒犯你,有时候他会有些招人烦
I hope Darryl didn’t offend you. He can be pretty obnoxious.
他不自觉就会那样 – 坐一会,休息一下
He cannot help it. – Sit down, take a break for a minute.
谢谢
Thank you.
你知道吗?你是个很特别的男生
You’re an unusual guy.
我从来没有见过有人因拖地板的工作而这么骄傲
I’ve never seen anybody take so much pride in mopping a floor.
“要想飞就得先学会站立和行走”
“He who would learn to fly must first learn to stand and walk.
“没有人是天生就会飞的”,不是我说的,是尼采说的
“One cannot fly into flying.” That’s not mine, that’s Nietzsche’s.
我想说的就是这个,在这儿工作的人从来不会引用尼采的句子
That’s what I mean. The guys who work here don’t quote Nietzsche.
都给我闭嘴,按我说的做
Everybody shut up and do what I say.
把钱拿出来!别大惊小怪,就不会有人受伤
Get the money out! Stay cool, nobody gets hurt.
把钱拿出来,都拿出来
Take the money out! All of it.
别磨蹭,胖子,快点
Don’t stall me, fat boy. Let’s go.
快点!你在浪费我的时间,快点!
Come on! You’re wasting my time. Come on!
谁再动一下,我就让他脑袋开花
Anybody move, I’ll blow your fucking head off.
看什么看,小子?
What are you looking at, buddy?
快点,别磨蹭
Come on! Stop stalling.
动作快点儿,把钱都装进去!
Come on. Don’t stall me. All of it!
快点! – 失陪一会儿
Come on! – Excuse me for a moment.
你要是聪明就把枪放下
It would be wise for you to put the weapon down.
这个狗♥娘♥养♥的是谁?
Who is this asshole?
不要当着这么多人的面说脏话,什么
Please refrain from using any more obscenities in front of these people.
我警告过你,别逼我动手
I’ve warned you. I’ll be forced to thrash you.
操!
Fuck you!
别动,你个没种的
Freeze, you diseased rhinoceros’ pizzle.
嘿,哥们,我为你们今天的表现感到骄傲
Hey, fellas. I’m real proud of the job you did in there today.
那个人已经来找过五次茬了
We’ve been hit by that guy five times,
但是,多谢我们的非洲小伙,他不会再来了
but I don’t think he’s coming back, thanks to my African connections.
把周日的晚上腾给我,我会在我的家里举办聚会
Leave Sunday night open. I’m having a get-together at my house.
看见了吗?很有用耶,他对我们平等相待了
You see? He has accepted us as equals.
嘿,伙计,给他们一张票,拿好他们的钥匙,帮他们把车停在路边
OK, fellas. Give them a ticket, take their keys and park the cars down the street.
这些做完后,就进屋在厨房♥帮忙
When you’re finished, come inside and help out in the kitchen.
阿基姆,进去,我带你参观一下麦克道尔的小城♥堡♥
Akeem, I want to show you the inside of McDowell’s little castle.
这就是我要让你参观的地方,相信都不用我多说什么了
This here is my showplace. It pretty much speaks for itself.
以前我们九个人挤在一间小房♥子里,总共还没有这间大
When I grew up, nine of us lived in a shack no bigger than this room.
看看我现在的房♥子
And look what I have today.
真希望麦克道尔太太也能看见
I only wish Mrs. McDowell could have lived to see it.
你的房♥子很不错,先生 – 谢谢
You have a fine house, sir. – Thank you.
努力干个二、三十年,你也会有这样的房♥子的
In 20 or 30 years, with hard work, maybe you could have a place like this.
那很了不起呢 – 可不是嘛?
That would be something. – Wouldn’t it?
你今晚就在这儿工作
This is where you’re going to be working tonight.
你以前开过香槟酒吗? – 我以前见人开过
Ever open a champagne bottle? – I have seen it done before.
确保客人的酒杯都是满的
Make sure you keep all the glasses full.
我得去换身衣服,在客人来之前你自己随便点
I’d better get dressed. Make yourself comfortable ’til the guests arrive.
我爱上帝,你明白我的意思吗?我爱上帝
I love the Lord. Do you understand what I’m saying? I love the Lord.
如果我爱上帝是错的,我也不想去做对的事情
And if loving the Lord is wrong, I don’t want to be right.
嗨,麦克,很高兴见到你,喝好玩好,酒还有很多
Hi, Mike. Good to see you. Enjoy, drink up. Lots more where that came from.
嘿,兰迪,很高兴见到你,防着点这小子
Hey, Randy! Good to see you. Watch out for this guy.
壮埃德,哥们!
Big Ed, my man!
你知道,你那天斗那个持枪歹徒的事情确实不错
You know, I can appreciate the way you handled that dude with the gun.
我原本也想帮忙的,但是
I would’ve helped you out, except…
我当时手上正拿着杯咖啡,你明白,不好办的
I had a cup of coffee in my hand. You understand, right?
我想你那招肯定是在猎狮子老虎的时候学来的吧
I bet you learnt all that stuff fighting lions and tigers and shit.
是的,在我的家乡,我们都必须具备侵略性
Yes, where I’m from, we have to be very aggressive.
我也是,尤其是对女人
I’m all for that. Especially with women.
她们也许不承认…
They may not admit it,
但是她们想要有男人去征服她们
but they all want a man to take charge.
告诉她们做什么
Tell them what to do.
有件事我想告诉你们…
That’s one of the things I want to talk to you…
达里尔,你妈妈是一次比一次可爱
Darryl, your mother gets lovelier every time I see her.
克利奥,我想和你单独聊聊 – 当然,失陪一下
Cleo, I’d like to talk to you alone. – Sure. Excuse us.
妈妈,爸爸,奶奶… – 去吧,儿子
Mum, Dad, Grandma… – Sure, son.
我更喜欢麦当劳的薯条,但是我不会给麦克道尔先生说的
I like the fries better at McDonald’s, but I’d never tell Mr. McDowell that.
阿基姆,确保每个客人的酒杯都是满的
Make sure everybody’s glass is kept full.
我有件特别的事情要宣布
We’re about to make a very special announcement.
请大伙注意一下
May I have everyone’s attention, please.
钱克先生,钱克太太,你们能和我站在一起吗?钱克妈妈,也请您上来
Mr. and Mrs. Jenks, would you join me? Mother Jenks, you come up here, too.
我刚刚得知了一个消息,这个消息让我很快乐
I’ve just heard some news that makes me a very happy man.
桑米,过来
Semmi, please…
香槟
Champagne.
谢谢 – 谢谢
Thank you. – Thank you.
行了,走吧,走开
Okay, get going. Get out of here. Go on.
大伙都知道,达里尔和丽萨已经交往很久了
As you know, Darryl and Lisa have been going together for quite some time.
我很高兴地宣布,今晚就在几个小时前达里尔向丽萨求婚了
I’m pleased to announce that Darryl just popped the big question.
丽萨接受了
And Lisa happily accepted.
那么今晚的聚会也成了他们的订婚宴会
So as it turns out, this has become an engagement party.
阿门,感谢上帝
Amen! Praise the Lord.
结婚? – 为新郎新娘干杯
Married? – To the bride and groom.
为新郎新娘!
To the bride and groom!
为新郎新娘
To the bride and groom.
我希望你和那个年轻人永结同心,我会为你们祈祷的
I want you and that young man to tie that knot. I’ll pray for you.
我希望你能牢牢握住上帝的手
And I want you to hold on to God’s unchanging hand.
因为上帝帮助约书亚攻克了耶利歌♥城
‘Cause he helped Joshua fight the battle of Jericho.
帮助丹尼尔逃出了狮子洞
And he helped Daniel get out of the lion’s den.
他帮助盖里甘逃离了岛屿,主!
He helped Gilligan get off the island. Lord!
我得和你谈谈,现在!
I want to talk to you, now!
下次你和我的爸爸如果要一起摆布我的人生,必须得让我参与
The next time you and my father plan my life, let me in on it.
不是这样… – 别碰我!
It’s not like… – Don’t touch me!
但是,宝贝儿,这可是我们的订婚宴会
But, baby, it’s our engagement party.
谢谢
Thanks.
要香槟吗? – 不,谢谢,我不觉得应该庆祝
Would you like some champagne? – No, I don’t feel like celebrating.
等等,坐下来陪陪我
Wait. Sit down and keep me company.
如果你要和我呆一块儿,你就得先放松
If you’re going to hang out with me, you’ve got to loosen up.
我可以放松,看?
I can be loose. See?
好多了
Much better.
你还好吧? – 我很好
Are you all right? – I’m fine.
但是我不会因为别人的逼迫而结婚,达里尔,我父亲,任何人都不行
But I won’t be pressured into marriage, not by Darryl, my father or anybody.
我相当了解,在我的国家就是包办婚姻
I understand. In my country they arrange marriages,
但是人们不应该出于义务而结婚
but no one should marry out of obligation.
很对,我怎么会和达里尔那样的人结婚?
You’re right. How could I even have considered marrying a guy like Darryl?
我也想问这个 – 他让我很生气
I wondered the same thing. – He made me so furious back there.
你觉得我表现得太过火了吗? – 第一反应通常都是最正确的反应
Do you think I overreacted? – The first reaction is often correct.
和你说话真轻松,我觉得什么都能和你聊
You’re very easy to talk to. I feel like I could tell you anything.
嘿,阿基姆,这儿需要更多香槟
Hey, Akeem. We need some more champagne over here.
我都差点忘了我是来这儿干活的
I almost forgot that I was here in a domestic capacity.
谢谢你听我说话,阿基姆,非常感谢
Thanks for listening to me, Akeem. I really appreciate it.
只要你愿意,丽萨·麦克道尔
Any time, Lisa McDowell.
嘿,当心点
Hey! Be careful.
我觉得我的妹妹喜欢你
I think my sister likes you.
桑米
Semmi!
桑米
Semmi.
起来,上班要迟到了 – 迟到了又怎样?
Come, you’re going to be late for work. – So what if I am?
我们不能让麦克道尔先生生气,我和丽萨正进展顺利
We cannot anger Mr. McDowell. Things are going so well with Lisa.
我不在乎,我今天不去上班
I do not care. I’m not going to work today.
不,你今天必须得去上班
Yes, you are going to work today.
我不想再像个民工一样了,看看这个鬼地方
I’m sick of living like a peasant. Look at this filth.
你想要生活得好一点?可以把这里收拾干净
Do you want to live better? Fine. Fix this place up.
但是你今天必须去上班!
But you are going to work today!
你好 – 嗨
Hello! – Hi!
我刚开始的时候也和你们一样只是做清洁工,但是现在…
I started on clean-up just like you guys, but now…
看,我开始洗生菜了,很快,我就能去烤薯条,之后负责烤架
See, I’m washing lettuce. Soon, I’ll be on fries. Then the grill.
一两年以后,我就会成为助理经理
In a year or two, I’ll make assistant manager
钱就是这样慢慢变多的
and that’s where the big bucks start rolling in.
两年内,呵?
Just two years, huh?
我和他在一起,也许只是因为大家希望我这样,明白我的意思吗?
Maybe I’ve stayed with him because everyone expected me to.
你一定厌烦了听我不停地叨叨我的问题 – 不,一点儿也没
You must be tired of my problems. – No, not at all.
我觉得我欠你个人情
I feel like I owe you a favour.
去我家吧,我给你做饭,珀特里斯也在家
Come to my house and I’ll fix you dinner. Patrice will be there.
还是去我家吧 – 为什么? – 我想给你做饭