– I’d rather not.
– Lisa, please.
这是行不通的。
我在英国永远不会快乐
It wouldn’t work.
I’d never be happy in England.
你会的,真的,会的。
英格兰不是一个糟糕的老地方
You will, really, you will.
England’s not a bad old place.
就像洗冷水澡一样。一旦你习惯了,你会感觉更好
It’s like a cold shower. Once you get
used to it, you feel the better for it.
-我不喜欢冷水淋浴。
-听着,亲爱的,我们会解决的
– I don’t like cold showers.
– Look, darling, we’ll compromise.
这里六个月,那里六个月
Six months here and six months there.
哦,不!我不能像吉普赛人一样生活
Oh, no! I can’t live like a gypsy.
相信我,斯潘塞,我这么做是为了你好
Believe me, Spencer,I’m doing this for your own good.
总有一天,你会遇到一个喜欢和你一起洗冷水澡的女孩
Some day, you’ll meet a girl who’ll enjoy that cold shower with you.
-斯潘塞!
-等等,这是我的姐♥妹♥们♥
– Spencer!
– Wait, here are my sisters now.
– 丽莎,这是我的姐妹凯瑟琳和克莱尔
– 再见
– Lisa, my sisters Katherine and Claire.
– Goodbye.
贝拉焦路46号♥
Via Bellagio 46.
相当有魅力的女孩
但不太友好
Rather an attractive girl.
But not too friendly.
哎呀,先生,她真漂亮
Gee, mister, she’s a beaut.
这样的肯定不多见。嗯哼
Sure don’t see many like that. Mm-hmm.
我敢打赌她是路上跑得最快的
I’ll bet she’s the fastest thing on the road.
哎呀,先生,她真漂亮
Gee, mister, she’s a beaut.
这样的肯定不多见。嗯哼
Sure don’t see many like that. Mm-hmm.
我敢打赌她是路上跑得最快的
I’ll bet she’s the fastest thing on the road.
哎呀,先生,她真漂亮
Gee, mister, she’s a beaut.
这样的肯定不多见。嗯哼
Sure don’t see many like that.
我敢打赌她是路上跑得最快的
I’ll bet she’s the fastest thing on the road.
-小心!
-哦,我的上帝!
– Look out!
– Oh, my God!
伙计们,她真漂亮
Gee, you guys, she’s a beaut.
这样的肯定不多见
You don’t see many like that.
是的,先生。我敢打赌她是路上跑得最快的
Yes, siree. I’ll bet she’s the fastest thing on the road.
你好吗,迪诺?
How are you, Dino?
甜蜜景色酒店。怎么了?
Hotel La Dolce Vista. Cosa?
塔尔博特?
Talbot?
-谢谢你
Grazie.
泰瑞莎!米莉娜!玛利亚!
Teresa! Milena! Maria!
快!快!
Presto!
现在仔细听着,塔尔博特先生随时都会来
Now, listen carefully.Mr Talbot will be here any minute.
我的天啊!他会发现的。我们要完了
Madonna mia. He’ll find out. We are lost.
自助者天助之。你负责卧室
God helps those who help themselves.
The bedrooms.
你,浴室,你,把塞德里克藏起来。快点
You, the bathrooms.Hide Cedric. Hurry up.
塞德里克
Cedric…
甜蜜景色酒店
RLT
甜蜜景色酒店
女洗手间
男洗手间
泰瑞莎!打开,打开,打开!
Teresa! Apri, apri, apri!
塔尔博特先生来了
Arriva il Signore Talbot.
-莫里斯
-塔尔博特先生。真是个惊喜
– Maurice.
– Mr Talbot. An unexpected pleasure.
–
你好吗?
-有点惊讶
– How are you?
– A bit surprised.
现在是七月,通常你直到九月才会来
To see you in July.
You never come till September.
-我希望我能早知道
-没看见我的电报?
– I wish I’d known.
– My telegram?
-电报?没有,先生
-我发了一个
– Telegram? No, sir.
– I sent one.
-上车
-是,先生
– Get in. – Yes, sir.
-那不是新颜色吗?
-什么?
– Isn’t that a new colour? – Pardon?
我是说,那是新颜色吗?
I said, isn’t that a new colour?
房♥子就像女人,先生。年龄越大,需要的油漆越多
Houses are like women, sir. The older
they get, the more paint they need.
-一切都好吗?
-非常安静
– How’s everything been? – Very quiet.
像乌龟一样,我们缩到壳里,直到你回来
Like turtles, we withdraw into our shells until you return.
-那是什么? -先生?
– What’s that? – Sir?
这…哦…九重葛。
去年它不在这里,是吗?
This… er… bougainvillea.
It wasn’t here last year, was it?
哦!我做了一点..
Oh! I’ve done a little…
我做过一些景观美化。如果你不高兴…
I’ve done a bit of landscaping.
If you’re displeased…
不高兴?你对这个地方做了什么?
Displeased?
With what you’ve done with this place?
你不仅仅是管家。你还是我的朋友
You’re more than a major-domo. You’re a friend.
我希望你能继续这样想,先生
I hope you’ll continue to think that, sir.
-克莱弗先生。电报 -哦
– Signor Clavell. Telegramma. – Oh.
在这里,等一下。我来拿
Here, wait a minute. I’ll get it.
-谢谢
-谢谢你
– Thank you. – Grazie.
嗯。是我发的。我今天到达
Mm-hm. It’s from me. I’m arriving today.
意大利的魅力。它能确保一个人发出电报
The charm of Italy. The only country where a man can send a telegram
到达目的地他才会接到
and be sure he’ll be there to receive it.
你知道,我从来没有意识到现在我有多想念这个地方,直到我回到这里
You know, I never realise now much
I miss this place until I come back to it.
它不仅仅是别♥墅♥。这是个避难所
It’s more than a villa. It’s a refuge.
这是一个男人可以…与世隔绝的地方
It’s where a man can… lock out the rest of the world.
-威尔小姐…哦…? -是的。她会来的
– Will Miss… er…? – Yes. She’ll be here.
一个人不会把整个世界锁在外面
A man doesn’t lock the whole world out.
你好,玛丽亚
Hello, Maria.
…班尼迪克图斯·桑切斯…
…Benedictus sanctus…
她为什么要祈祷?
Why is she praying?
她的一个朋友,一个非常好的小伙子,正在经历一场严重的危机
A friend of hers, a very fine chap,is passing through a severe crisis.
-嗯,我希望他能成功 -我也一样
– Well, I hope he makes it. – No more than I do.
我会把行李放到你的房♥间里
I’ll take your rooms to your bag.
甜蜜景色酒店
–营业至九月–
“甜蜜的景色”?
“La Dolce Vista”?
一定是新的
Must be a new one.
-你好 -刚到这里?
– Hello. – Just get here?
-是的 -你会喜欢的
– Yes. – You’ll like it.
-那是什么? -女孩
– What’s that? – Girls.
我知道。她们在这里做什么?
I know. What are they doing here?
先生,如果你能看到他们。在陌生土地上旅行的学生,
Sir, if you could have seen them.Students on tour in a strange land,
她们的汽车出故障了。她们早上就会离开
their tiny bus disabled.They’ll be gone in the morning.
她们今晚会住在这里吗?
They’re staying here tonight?
我知道我应该把她们拒之门外,
但“慈悲不是出于勉强(-莎翁)”
I know I should have turned them away,
but the quality of mercy’s not strained.
这似乎不是理由,为什么不把她们送到酒店?
It’s being strained right now.Why not send them to a hotel?
镇上没有空房♥。但是如果你坚持,我会让她们离开
There isn’t a vacancy in town. But if you insist, I’ll tell them to leave.
她们必须去别的地方
Well, they have to go somewhere.
这个新地方怎么样?
What about this new place?
甜蜜的生活
La Dolce Vista.
-客满,先生 -嗯,她们不能呆在这里
– Full up, sir. – Well, they can’t stay here.
-四处看看,找个地方 -是的,先生
– Check around and find something. – Yes, sir.
莫里斯!
Maurice!
哦,我们徒步旅行很愉快。相当振奋人心
Oh, we had a splendid hike. Quite exhilarating.
艾莉森小姐,史蒂文斯小姐。
塔尔博特先生
Miss Allison, Miss Stevens. Mr Talbot.
-你好? -你好?
– How do you do? – How do you do?
-嗨
-艾莉森小姐是女孩们的监护人
– Hi.
– Miss Allison’s the girls’ chaperone.
-塞德里克在哪? -我把他带到你的卧室了
– Where’s Cedric?
– I had him carried up to your bedroom.
-哦,太好了? -嗯…塞德里克是谁?
– Oh, splendid? – Er… Who’s Cedric?
-艾莉森小姐的鹦鹉。
-这是一个如此可爱的地方
– Miss Allison’s parakeet.
– This is such a lovely place.
还有露台上的风景!相当激动人心
And the view from the terrace! Quite breathtaking.
谢谢你。失陪了
莫里斯,让女士们舒服点
Thank you. Now, if you’ll excuse me.
Maurice, make the ladies comfortable.
嗯,真的!他表现得好像他拥有这个地方
Well, really!
He acts as though he owns the place.
-我希望他今年会更好。