and that’s what I do for the rest of the night.
这就是我的日常
That’s my routine.
早上开庭后 我就没事了
In the morning, it starts, and I’m fine.
你需要放个假
You need a vacation.
我刚刚已经在高速公路上放过假了
I just had a vacation on the Harbor Freeway.
不 不是在出租车上
No, no, not in a cab.
你得好好理一理思绪
I mean, you need to get your head straight.
调节一下自己 保持身心和谐
Get your unified self up. Get harmonic. You know…
你上次休息是什么时候
When was the last time you took a break?
我经常休假
I go on a vacation all the time.
-多久一次 -一天十几次
– How often? – A dozen times a day.
我最喜欢的地方
My favourite spot.
马尔代夫岛
Maldives Island.
这是我独享的休假处
It’s my own private getaway.
压力大的时候 我就会去那里
Things get heavy for me, I take five minutes out,
休息五分钟
and I just go there.
然后完全放空自己的思绪
And I just concentrate on absolutely nothing.
给
Here.
-拿着 -不 我不能收
– Take it. – Oh, no. I couldn’t do that.
收下吧 你比我更需要它
Take it. Take it, because you need it a lot more than I do.
会有用的 我保证
And it’ll help you. I guarantee it.
谢谢你 麦克斯
Thanks, Max.
加油吧
Go get ’em.
我也不确定
I don’t know,
如果你以后想调查某家世界五百强公♥司♥ 或者…
in case you ever wanna investigate a Fortune 500 company or…
一起争论行车路线
argue cab routes.
等等 上车吧 不好意思
Oh, whoa, whoa. Hey, yeah. Come on, man, I’m sorry.
我刚刚没听见你叫我 来吧
I didn’t hear you, man. Come on.
我带你
I’ll take you.
-去哪 -南联合街1039号♥
– Where to? – 1039 South Union Street.
收到
Gotcha.
-你觉得会花多久 -七分钟
– How long you think this’ll take? – Seven minutes.
七分钟
Seven.
不是八分钟 也不是六分钟
Not eight? Not six?
通过110号♥公路到达诺曼底街需要两分钟
Two minutes to get across the 110 to Normandie.
诺曼底街到威尼斯街 三分钟
Normandie to Venice, three minutes.
花一分钟到联合街
Over to Union is one.
再加一分钟 以免遇上突发♥情♥况
Plus one for “shit happens.”
-介意我帮你计时吗 -请自便
– Okay if I time you? – Knock yourself out.
如果你算错了呢 这趟车免费吗
What do I get if you’re wrong? A free ride?
我会向你道歉 我今天已经送出一趟免费的车了
You get an apology. I already offered my free ride today.
送给谁了
To who?
一位女士
Some girl.
你得到跟她约会的机会了吗
Did you get a date with her?
第一次来洛杉矶吗
First time in L.A?
不
No.
说实话 无论什么时候来这 我都迫不及待想离开
Tell you the truth, whenever I’m here, I can’t wait to leave.
这里太分散了 一切都毫无联♥系♥
Too sprawled out, disconnected. You know.
我是这么想的
That’s me.
你喜欢这里吗
You like it?
这里是我的家
It’s my home.
一千七百万的人口
Seventeen million people.
如果这是一个国家 它将会成为世界第五大经济体
This was a country, it’d be the fifth biggest economy in the world,
可人们之间却是完全陌生的
and nobody knows each other.
我看到过一篇报道
I read about this guy,
有人登上了洛杉矶的地铁 死在了里面
gets on the MTA here, dies.
足足过了六个小时
Six hours he’s riding the subway
才有人注意到坐在车厢里的是一具尸体
before anybody notices his corpse doing laps around L.A.,
人们在他的身边起起坐坐
people on and off sitting next to him.
却没人注意到
Nobody notices.
这是我坐过的最干净的出租车了
This is the cleanest cab I’ve ever been in.
固定晚班吗
Regular ride?
是啊 还有一个人是白班
Yeah, I share it with the day-shift guy.
因为你喜欢晚上吗
Because you prefer nights?
嗯 人们更放松 压力更小 交通更顺 小费更多
Yeah, people are more relaxed. Less stress, less traffic, better tips.
福利怎么样
How are the benefits?
不 这不是我的正式工作
Oh, no. It’s not that kind of job.
我不打算长♥期♥做这份工作 这只是兼♥职♥
I’m not in this for the long haul. I’m just filling in, you know.
只是临时的工作 好让我构思一下计划
Just temporary while I’m getting some things shaped up.
只是临时工作
This is just temporary.
-你开了多久出租了 -十二年
– How long you been driving? – Twelve years.
真的吗
Really?
你在构思什么计划呢
What other things you putting together?
我不是很想谈这个
You know, I don’t wanna talk about it.
只是一个小生意的计划
Just a little business plan.
-无意冒犯 我只是… -我不介意
– No offence. I just… – None taken.
你是那种少说多做的人
You’re one of these guys that do instead of talk.
这很不错
That’s cool.
七分钟
Seven minutes.
你算得还真准
Man, you’re good.
我运气好 碰着的绿灯多
I got lucky with the lights.
是啊
Yeah, sure.
你大概连红绿灯的规律也知道
You probably know the light schedules, too.
听着 我来这里做一笔房♥产生意 要在今晚内完成
Listen, I’m in town on a real-estate deal, close in one night.
要去五个地方
I got five stops to make.
收集签名 见一些朋友
Collect signatures, see some friends,
明早六点从洛杉矶国际机场启程离开
and then I got a 6: 00 A.M. out of LAX.
不如你全程载我吧
Why don’t you hang with me?
你不能包下这辆车 这违反规定
The car’s not for hire, man. That’s against regs.
-规定吗 -没错
– Regulations? – Yeah.
这份工作连带薪病假都没有
These guys don’t pay you sick leave.
你一晚上能赚多少
How much you pull down a shift?
-多少 -三百五 四百左右
– How much? – 350, 400.
是吗 这样吧
Yeah? Well, let me tell you what.
我付你六百
I’ll make it 600.
我不确定
Man, I don’t know.
如果你能送我去机场我再加一百
Plus an extra hundred you get me to LAX
这样我就不用着急赶飞机了
and I don’t have to run for the plane.
算了吧 我真的不确定
Oh, no, guy. I don’t know about this.
-我不确定 -你确定的
– I don’t know. – Yeah, you do.
-我真的没想好 -你想好了
– Man, I don’t know. – Yeah, you do.
六百…
Six hundred…
好 成交了
Cool. We got a deal.
先预付三百
Now, here’s 300 down.
你叫什么名字
What’s your name?
麦克斯
Max.
-麦克斯 我叫文森特 -好的
– Max. I’m Vincent. – All right.
我不能在这里并排停车
I can’t stay double-parked here, though.
到时候你在大楼后的巷子里等我
I’ll meet you in the alley behind the building.
好的
All right.
肯定不是这附近的人
Definitely not from around here.
好了
There you go.
完了
Oh, no!
天哪 该死
Shit! Fuck!
什么情况
What the fuck?
到底怎么回事
What the hell?
该死
Damn it!
你没事吧
My man, you all right?
该死 完了
Oh, shit. Fuck.
他落在了车顶上
He fell on the cab.
他从楼上摔了下来 落到了车顶上
He fell… He fell from up there on the motherfucking cab.
-完了 我觉得他死了 -猜对了
– Shit. I think he’s dead. – Good guess.
是你杀了他吗
You killed him?
不 我只是向他开了枪
No, I shot him.
是子弹和跌落杀死了他
Bullets and the fall killed him.
天哪 真该死
Oh, man. Fuck this, man.
-别轻举妄动 麦克斯 -等等 等等
– Red light, Max. – Hold on. Hold on.
把手放下
Put your hands down.
-把手放下 -好吧 好吧
– Put your hands down. – Okay. Okay.
好了 帮我一把 把后备厢打开
Okay, help me out. Pop the trunk.
-什么 -打开后备厢