and our album was released in July of that year.
你跟我们说话的时候神情紧张
You’re speaking to us in quite a nervous state
克里斯
因为我们快到关键时刻了
because we’re just approaching crunch time.
南威尔士
罗克菲尔德工作室
接下来的两周对我们来说生死攸关
It’s kinda make-or-break for us in the next two weeks.
我们录音的时候很不容易
We’d had quite a hard time in the studio
盖伊
我们的自信心渐渐动摇
and our confidence was kind of wavering a bit.
我们都不知道自己在做什么
We didn’t really know what we were doing
我们也不知道我们想成为哪种乐队
and we didn’t really know what sort of band we wanted to be.
我们为了有些歌♥差点儿解散
We almost split up over those songs.
克里斯
很多时候我们演奏完觉得很不错
The amount of times we’d play and go, “That was really good,”
然后再回过来听 就有人不满意
and then we’d listen to it and one of us would get upset.
克里斯打电♥话♥给我们说
Chris called us in and said,
威尔
“听听这个 我创作了首新歌♥”
“Listen to this, I’ve got this new song.”
这首原声风格听起来有点像尼尔·杨
And it was kind of acoustic-y and sounded a bit like Neil Young,
节奏缓慢 充满乡村气息
slow and countryish.
强尼演奏了一段有点失真的旋律
Jonny played a big, distorted riff over it
然后它就诞生了 真的
and then it was born, really.
为了录制那张专辑我们历经磨难
We went through hell recording that album.
但是当我们的自信或者是热情减弱时
But when our confidence or our enthusiasm was waning,
克里斯总是说 我们必须把事情做好
it’d always be Chris that was like, “We’ve gotta get this right.”
我们关心自己所做的事情到了愚蠢的程度
We care about we do to a stupid degree.
我们担心人们诋毁我们
We care when people slag us off.
克里斯
我们害怕被告知我们这也不是那也不是
We care about being told we’re not this and we’re not that.
录音的时候有太多难熬的时刻了
There were so many miserable hours in the studio,
但最终一切都是值得的
but it was all worth it in the end.
我当时只字未提 但他们想在专辑扉页上加行字
I didn’t push for it in any way, but it was a lovely gesture
威尔
这是一张献给我妈妈的专辑
that the guys wanted to put a little line in the album sleeve
这真是一个很棒的举动
about the album being dedicated to my mum.
所以我很感激
So, I’m grateful for that
而且这也会是她非常骄傲的事
and it’s something that she would’ve been very proud of.
这张专辑献给ufeff萨拉·查平
我们的专辑出来啦 我们的专辑出来啦
All right, our album’s out! Our album’s out!
2000年七月
《Parachutes》发行
说实话 我从未想过会见到这一天
We never thought we’d see the day, to be honest.
今昔不如往日那般美好
Times are not that great these days,
但时而也会有一盏明灯
but there is a beacon of light now and again.
这张专辑的名字叫 《Parachutes》
The album itself is called Parachutes,
单曲是《Yellow》 乐队是酷玩乐队
the single is “Yellow,” And the band is Coldplay.
你们的专辑会在特易购等商店销♥售♥
酷玩乐队 《Parachutes》
两盒猫粮 酷玩的《Parachutes》
Two boxes of Kitekat, Coldplay Parachutes,
再来点饼干 谢谢
some Hobnobs. Please.
《Yellow》
*抬头仰望星空*
*Look at the stars*
电视首秀
与乔斯·霍兰德一同参加
*繁星皎洁 明河在天*
*Look how they shine for you*
*伊人窈窕姝影*
*And everything you do*
*令我寤寐思服*
*Yeah, they were all Yellow*
马特你好 今天是为期一天MV拍摄日的第一天
Mat, hi, it’s day one of this one-day video shoot.
*我辗转反侧*
*I came along*
《Yellow》MV拍摄日
*为你写下此歌♥*
*I wrote a song for you*
我感觉很棒 我感觉我瘦了
I feel good. I feel skinny.
四个和♥弦♥和这些
*倩影芳容 一颦一簇*
*And all the things you do*
《YELLOW》热潮
酷玩乐队席卷榜单
酷玩乐队
酷玩乐队
这是四名刚结束巡演的
Another Top of the Pops debut now for four London lads
《新音乐快递》
伦敦小伙子的首秀
fresh from their very first headline tour.
这是酷玩乐队
This is Coldplay.
*寤寐求之 辗转反侧*
*So then I took my turn*
酷玩乐队专辑售罄
你们在荷兰已经卖♥♥了超过35000张专辑了
You guys sold over 35,000 copies in Holland already.
年度乐队 酷玩乐队
*溯洄从之 道阻且跻*
*Oh what a thing to have done*
昨天我们在全球达到了一百万的销量
Yesterday we just hit one million in the world.
这可能是我们最后一张专辑——克里斯
三年前
Three years ago,
公交站的女生甚至都不愿意坐在我们旁边
girls wouldn’t even sit next to us at a bus stop, you know.
*此情无计可消除*
*And it was all Yellow*
而现在她们簇拥着我们
And now they surround us.
V音乐节
*肤若凝脂*
*Your skin*
最棒的新专辑和全新销量第一的专辑
The highest new entry and a brand-new number-one album:
*冰肌玉骨*
*Oh yeah your skin and bones*
酷玩乐队和《Parachutes》
Coldplay and Parachutes.
*有美一人 婉如清扬*
*Turn into something beautiful*
我不知道该怎么介绍
I don’t know how to introduce this right,
但希望明年的这个时候
but hopefully this time next year,
格林斯波顿音乐节
你们会跟着唱这首歌♥ 因为它将会引领潮流
you’ll sing along with it because it’ll be a hit,
*既见伊人*
*Do you know*
它的名字是《Yellow》
and it’s called “Yellow.”
*衣带渐宽终不悔*
*You know I love you so*
格拉斯顿伯里
*为伊消得人憔悴*
*You know I love you so*
他们的首张专辑《Parachutes》
Their debut album Parachutes
已经不可思议地在全球销量达到三百万张
has clocked up an incredible three million worldwide.
《A RUSH OF BLOOD TO THE HEAD》巡演
《X&Y》巡演
对于一个平均年龄只有22岁的乐队来说很不错了
Not bad for four lads with an average age of 22.
《VIVA LA VIDA》巡演
《MYLO XYLOTO》巡演
格拉斯顿伯里音乐节
*我心昭昭*
*It’s true*
*日月可鉴*
*Look how they shine for you*
布宜诺斯艾利斯
*迢迢牵牛星*
*Look how they shine for you*
孟买♥♥
*皎皎河汉女*
*Look how they shine for*
首尔
*此夜星繁河正白*
*Look how they shine for you*
曼谷
巴黎
*漫天璀璨*
*Look how they shine for you*
圣保罗
*皆是为你*
*How you shine*
那儿有堵墙
谢谢大家
Merci tout le monde, thank you so much.
人们总说 你会受够那首歌♥的
People always said, “You’ll get fed up with that song,”
但我还没有
and I haven’t yet.
但我只是…不确定那是否是一首经典
But I just… I’m not sure if it’s a classic.
我叫克里斯 是酷玩乐队的主唱
My name is Chris, the singer of Coldplay.
有史以来百万白金
The multimillion platinum
超级销量的唱片
super-selling record of all time
是《Parachutes》
was Parachutes.
而且我们还要继续工作
And we need to do a follow-up.
为了完成后续工作
And in order to do this follow-up,
我们得非常认真努力的工作
we need to work extremely hard.
这是酷玩乐队的神经中枢
This is the nerve center of Coldplay
一切都是在这里完成的
where everything gets done.
让我们进去看看大家在做些什么
Let’s go in and see who’s doing what.
威尔
Will.
酷玩乐队的鼓手 你在干什么
You’re the drummer of Coldplay. What are you doing?
我在为新专辑而工作
I’m just doing some work on the new album.
那一定是他最喜欢的声音 管弦乐队的调音
That has to be his favorite sound, an orchestra tuning up.
到这儿有意见吗 好像没有人真的…
What’s the verdict in there? It seems like no one really…
-我们觉得很好 -好的
– We think it’s great. – Okay.
-没有要修改的地方吗 -没有 当然没有
– I mean, there’s no room for mediocrity. – No, absolutely not.
-如果不好 请告诉我 -这真的很棒
– If it’s shit, then tell me. – It’s fucking great.
继续 兄弟
Keep going, man.
即使全世界都不喜欢
But I’ll say this even if everyone hates it, you know,
克里斯
我想让我们做出一张
I wanted us to make a record
能让我们死而无憾的专辑
that we could die happy after we’ve made it,
这是我最真实的想法
and that’s what I absolutely mean,
听起来非常自命不凡
and it sounds incredibly pretentious,
但如果不试着去做最好的音乐
but there’s no point in being in a band
组乐队就毫无意义

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!