在我看来
which I would like to think
是大家都不会有异议的
that we won’t have any disagreement about.
-确实 -我觉得这样下去不太妙
– Yes. – This might be too much for me.
我怕再讨论下去我们真会把彼此惹毛的
I’m worried that we might be about to really piss each other off.
我们得实话实说 这周我们不能
We’ve gotta be honest. This week we can’t…
-我们必须这么做 -好吧 你们觉得是哪些
– We have to have this. – All right. What are they?
《Hymn for the Weekend》
My feeling is “Hymn for the Weekend.”
-你们觉得呢 都同意吗 -同意
– All agreed? Agreed? – Agreed.
-同意 同意 -同意
– Agreed, agreed. – Yeah.
《Everglow》呢
“Everglow”?
同意
Agreed.
《Amazing Day》
“Amazing Day.”
大事不妙啊
你最好同意
我不想从中作梗
But I don’t wanna be a dick.
我的职责是让大家团结一心
My part is to keep the band together.
-确实 但是 -你说啥我就做啥呗
– Of course, but… – I’ll do whatever you say.
我不可能因为这种理由就退出乐队的
I’m not gonna walk out of the band just because…
那么就算上这首了
So, that is on the definites.
-《Up&Up》 -这首肯定得有
– “Up and Up.” – That’s on my definites.
我觉得必须算上它
I would like it on there.
必须的 肯定
It has to be, really,
它就是这张专辑不可或缺的一部分
because that’s an example of a crucial story bit.
那我们现在已经有一张迷你专辑了
Well, we’ve definitely made an EP.
我们都不是特别咄咄逼人
None of us are particularly confrontational,
盖伊
但有时候气氛也会变得紧张
but sometimes it can absolutely be fraught
我们会有一些争执
and there are definitely arguments.
因为每个人都有话语权
Everybody has a say, you know,
我们乐队的基本原则就是平等
that’s the foundation of our band really, is equality.
乐队在卡姆登组建之初我们就决定了这件事
We decided that down in Camden from the outset.
就是这儿 就是这儿
This is our area. This is our area.
我指给你看
I’ll show ya.
就是那儿 就在路的那头
Just over there, that road up there.
甲壳虫乐队的发源地 音乐爱好者的天堂
那儿就是一切开始的地方 我们的洞穴俱乐部
Just up here is where it all happened. It’s our Cavern.
我们的乐队就在那儿诞生了
This is where it began.
-在卡姆登 -对 就在卡姆登
– Camden? – Yeah, at Camden.
这儿就是故事的开始
Beginning of rock legend.
-就是这儿了 -哇
– This was it. – Wow.
-268号♥ -就是这儿啦
– 268. – Yeah.
-这儿重新粉刷过了 -看起来好多了
– Been repainted. – Looks a lot nicer.
威尔加入乐队以后
This is where we first started rehearsing
强尼
我们就在这儿开始排练
when Will first joined the band.
我的这个老公♥寓♥是以前我和克里斯住的地方
My old flat where Chris and I used to live.
我们在卡姆登路 我们是酷玩乐队
We are in Camden Road, we’re The Coldplay.
跟我来 我带你看看这儿
Come on through, I’ll show you.
-这是盖伊 -往左边下楼 –
– There goes Guy. – To the left down there.
-这儿以前是谁住 -是克里斯
– Who lived in there? – This was Chris’s room.
我们就在这儿排练
We played in here.
通常我们会一边做一些简单的拉伸
Basically we go through a simple stretch routine
一边唱唱歌♥
while singing some songs as well.
我不知道从你那个角度能不能看清
I don’t know if you can see that where you are.
这里以前是强尼的房♥间 也是乐队的排练室
This was Jonny’s bedroom and our band rehearsal room.
克里斯和我会站在一起 举起右手
Uh, Chris and I normally stand together. We raise the right arm.
-注意是右胳膊 -转向右边
– Right one. – Just bring it round to the side.
你刚刚是不是被拍到光着屁♥股♥了 强尼
Did you just get your arse out, Jonny?
-这间屋子挺小的 不是吗 -确实
– It’s pretty small, isn’t it? – It really is.
如果要塞下一个乐队还有一张床的话
For a full band and a bed.
我们的音乐生涯在这卧室开始了 想想也挺搞笑
It’s funny to think that it all stemmed from this bedroom now.
我们《Panic》发行几天后进行了第一次彩排
A few days after the Panic EP, we had our first rehearsal
那天晚上 我打电♥话♥给主办方
and on that evening, I phoned up this promoter
问我们能不能在卡姆登镇的月桂树酒吧演出
at the Laurel Tree in Camden and said, “Can we have a gig?”
我以为我们至少得等上六到八周
Thinking it might be in six, eight weeks’ time.
结果他说 “行啊 那就下周日吧”
He said, “Yeah, next Sunday.”
“你们的乐队叫什么” “我们还没取名呢”
“What’s your name?” “We haven’t got one yet.”
于是我们不得不给自己取个名字了
And that was it. We had to think of a name
因为宣传♥单♥上要印
’cause we were printing flyers.
酷玩乐队应该叫什么名字
我们想到了一个很烂的名字
So, we came up with a really terrible name.
玩乐时间
星星鱼
克里斯有一张用了很久的纸
There’s an old piece of paper that Chris has.
上面列举了乐队的待办事项
It’s like a list of things for the band.
乐队计划
和查平一起排练
其中一项是找一名鼓手
One is to get a drummer.
演出四次 然后成功签约
Gig one, gig two, gig three, gig four, get signed.
菲尔加入以后一切都不一样了
It wasn’t until Phil came along that things started to change.
第一次演出
录样本唱片
威尔
我经常去伦敦拜访克里斯
I was always going down to visit Chris down in London
菲尔
我会跟强尼一起睡
and I would share a bed with Jonny.
当然 我去看了他们的第一次演出
Obviously I came down for the first show
那时候他们还叫星星鱼
when they were Star Fish.
感谢大家来看我们的演出
1月16日 星期五 卡姆登镇月桂树酒吧的演出
那是卡姆登镇的一个三流酒馆
It was in a total dive in Camden.
星星鱼
1月16日 星期五
以及其他乐队
第一次演出
1998年1月
我们在月桂树酒吧的第一次演出
Our first gig in the Laurel Tree was,
盖伊
把我吓得要死
I think probably the most terrifying experience
我这辈子从来没有参加过演出
I’ve ever had in my life.
上台之前整个人都不好了
I felt so sick before it.
我觉得我从来没有这么紧张过
I’ve never been so nervous, I don’t think.
强尼
我们估计大概会来20个人
We expected about 20 people.
结果票居然卖♥♥光了 我们想
It was sold out and we thought,
克里斯
“妈呀 这有点神奇”
“Wow, this is a bit weird.”
读大学就是这点好
That’s the great thing about college,
同学们都来捧场 好像乐队很受欢迎似的
you know. It made us look popular.
实际上他们只是友情支持而已
Whereas, in fact, they were just there to pull.
这舞台真小啊 是吧
It’s really small, isn’t it?
我的单板矩阵放在这儿都嫌挤
My pedal board wouldn’t fit on this stage.
但它真的很棒
It’s fantastic, though.
都柏林城♥堡♥酒吧
我都感觉不到已经过了二十年了
It doesn’t feel like 20 years ago.
1998年2月
第二场演出
我们在这儿参加了好几场演出 对吧
We did a couple of gigs here, didn’t we?
我记得有一场我们连架子鼓都没有
I think this was just one without a drum kit.
酷玩乐队
是啊 在我们后面表演的那个乐队有架子鼓
Yeah. The band that was supporting us had a kit,
卡姆登镇 都柏林城♥堡♥酒吧的演出
我们问他们
and so we asked them
可不可以借给我们 他们同意了
if we could use theirs and they said yes,
结果主办方减少了他们的演出时间
but then the promoter cut their set short.
他们很生气 就带上鼓准备走了
Yeah. They got quite cross and they took their kit home.
我求他们
I was pleading with them,
“拜托 请不要带走它
“Please, don’t take it.
这才是我们的第二场演出”
This is only our second-ever show.”
我有个主意
因为我们没有低音鼓
所以当我跺脚的时候
你们就跟着喊
这主意是不是很棒
这是鼓手威尔
我一直很担心演出会搞砸
Absolutely terrifying in every way,
但结果还挺成功的
but incredible and wonderful.
第一次演出的时候我们还藉藉无名
Our second gig as people,
强尼
第二次的时候观众知道我们叫酷玩
but our first gig as Coldplay.
-是酷玩乐队 -对 是酷玩乐队
– The Coldplay. – Oh, The Coldplay, yeah.
你们怎么想到这个名字的
Where did our name come from?
《新音乐快递》演出
首次电视采访
我们有个朋友的乐队就叫酷玩
A friend of ours had a band called Coldplay,
他们觉得这个名字不好
and they decided they didn’t like the name,
于是我们就拿来用了
so we just stole it.
他们说这个名字太烂
They said it was a rubbish name
所以他们不想要了
and they didn’t want it anymore.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!