*但大家都更害怕盖伊*
*But not as scared as all of us are of Guy*
唱得好
That’s the one!
*在他们面前我们人微言贱*
*Sometimes it feels like We’re just their minions*
*威尔和盖伊还有他们该死的意见*
*Will and Guy and their fucking opinions*
太聪明了
That’s too good.
他们不会喜欢那句
基本上就是这么运作
Generally, that’s how it works.
威尔
正常情况下
Normally,
一些想法和成型歌♥曲都来自克里斯
either ideas or sort of fully formed songs always came from Chris.
通常 他会先弹给强尼听
Most often, he’d play it to Jonny first,
盖伊也听一下
Guy would have a listen,
然后再到我
and then it would come to me.
这是我们的工作 乐队的其他成员
It’s our job as, you know, the rest of the band
盖伊
不去把它搞砸
to just basically sort of not fuck that up
因为歌♥真的很好
because it’s really good.
我们来一起跳
We’re gonna jump together.
我们来一起跳
We’re gonna jump together.
我们来 一 二 一 二 三 走起
We gonna… One, two, one, two, three, go!
悉尼
《Charlie Brown》——Coldplay
*所以我们翱翔*
*So we soar*
*发光着 亢奋着*
*Luminous and wired*
*我们会在黑暗里闪耀*
*We’ll be glowing in the dark*
当酷玩乐队中的强尼是怎样的体验
What’s it like being Jonny in Coldplay?
强尼
不知道 我没当过别人
I don’t know. I’ve never been anyone else.
强尼就是我的英雄
Well, Jonny is just my hero.
克里斯
我一生都在努力拉他走出阴影
I spend my entire life trying to pull him out of the shadows
因为他非常谦虚
because he’s very humble about himself.
我喜欢现场表演 我喜欢把歌♥曲演奏给人们听
I love playing live and I love playing the songs to people,
但是我觉得我最爱写新歌♥
but I love making new music most of all, I think.
准备好了吗
Okay, ready?
《Lovers in Japan》——Coldplay
二 三 四
Two, three, four.
*爱人*
*Lovers*
强尼非常害羞 但是他没理由这样
Jonny was always very shy, but with no reason to be,
威尔
因为他是最有天赋的
because he was the most talented.
那真的是我们乐队的核心
That’s the key of our band, really,
克里斯的旋律和强尼的吉他 天作之合
the way that Chris’s melodies and Jonny’s guitar sit together.
不
No!
见鬼 有键盘吗
Oh, fucking hell. Is there a keyboard anywhere?
我们个性相投
Our personalities fitted together.
强尼
我们不能有两个克里斯这样的人
We couldn’t have two of us like Chris,
也不能有两个我这样的人 合不来的
and we couldn’t have two of us like me. It just wouldn’t work.
我们好好把它录下来就好了
It’s gonna be great when we record it properly.
尽管这是正确的节奏
我觉得歌♥曲创作已经变了
The songwriting has changed, I think.
最近都取决于谁在旁边谁写
These days it depends who’s there,
因为我们住在世界各地
because we live in different parts of the world.
里面有东西吗
Did it get anything in there?
我们开始录《满脑子的梦想》的时候
When we started recording A Head Full of Dreams,
盖伊 威尔 和我在伦敦的工作室
Guy, Will, and I were in the studio in London,
给《传奇》调轨
working on a track which was “Legends,”
传奇
但是我们一直弄不好
and we could never quite get it right.
我去洛杉矶 在克里斯家里工作
I went to LA, worked in Chris’s house,
试着加一段合适的吉他即兴
trying to get a good guitar riff for it.
在黑暗中摸索的感觉
Just sort of fumbling around in the dark.
他开始弹奏这段旋律 有点慢
He started playing this melody, like, slow.
克里斯
他的吉他让我兴奋
His guitar just gets me going.
我觉得这真是太神奇了
I was like, there’s something amazing about that.
你把这首歌♥的其他部分拿掉
You could take the rest of the song away
传奇
也没人会注意到
and I don’t think anyone would notice.
一生的冒险
事情就是这样
And that’s what happened.
巴黎
《Adventure Of A Lifetime》——Coldplay
*如获新生*
*Alive again*
*你让我觉得*
*Oh you make me feel*
*如获新生*
*Like I’m alive again*
大家相信我 一定非常棒
Okay, trust me everybody. This is gonna be great.
大家低点
Everybody go low.
大家往下
Everybody get down. Shh!
大家蹲下
Everybody go low.
蹲着
Stay low.
一 二 一 二
One, two, one, two…
*倘若我们不会有来生*
*If we’ve only got this life*
*只有这一生的冒险 那我*
*Then this adventure oh then I*
*我说噢 噢 噢*
*I said oh say oh*
谢谢大家
Thank you, everybody.
举手 谁想让
Okay, hands up, who wants
两个月
专辑发行前
《一生的冒险》是第一只单曲
“Adventure Of A Lifetime” To be our first single?
我们的友情绝对变了
Our friendship’s really changed, definitely,
菲尔
从早期开始
from the early days.
很好 我们同意
Okay, that’s great. So, we agree.
我们沟通起来很自♥由♥ 每天都得聊聊
It’s very free communication. We kind of talk every day.
但是可能会涉及很多冲突
But, yeah, that can involve a lot of locking of horns.
他来了
假装我们吵得很激烈
别这么对他
可怜的菲尔
工作室的气氛经常很紧张
Often the atmosphere in the studio is very tense, yeah.
有欢声笑语 也会气氛沉重
And there’s lots of laughter, but it can get quite heavy.
兄弟们 你们怎么样啊
嗨 大家好
嗨 菲尔
有时候我被叫进来
Sometimes I get called in and there’s, like,
大家都板着脸 没人说话
stony faces and no one’s speaking,
我就知道他们正在吵架
and I can tell they’re in the middle of some argument.
这是我工作中比较难的一部分
That’s the bit of my job that’s hard.
还好吗
嘿 菲尔
Hey, Phil?
我们刚才吵架了来着
We’ve had a terrible fight.
我们吵得不可开交
We had a terrible fight.
有时候回头想想 又觉得我一点都没变
Sometimes I look back and I don’t think I’ve changed at all.
我没有 不像克里斯那样变了很多
I just don’t. Not in the way that Chris has changed.
他这个人成长了很多
He’s evolved so much as a person.
但是也有很多事情从未改变
But then there’s loads of things that haven’t changed,
比如只有他有能让我开怀大笑的本事
like his ability to make me laugh like no one else.
如果你看我在画的韦恩图
If you look at this Venn diagram that I’m doing,
分成酷玩乐队老歌♥集♥合♥
it splits the set into old Coldplay songs,
酷玩乐队新歌♥集♥合♥
new Coldplay songs.
你觉得单曲和专辑的比例是多少
What do you think about singles to album track ratio?
现在来看 新旧比是六比四
Well, at the moment, it’s like a 60/40 split of new. And then…
但是如果减掉
But if you minus the metric
第一季度的销♥售♥额占的比重
we took from the first quarter against merch sales,
这就是我们从快转眼乐队和U2学到的基本模型
it’s the basic fractal that we learnt from REM and U2,
我们现在称之为快眼二代
who we now refer to as RE2,
我们想要成为的乐队
the band that we’re aspiring to be,
同时加上电台司令 碧昂丝和Jay-Z
plus Radiohead and Beyonce and Jay-Z at the same time,
再到恶少
moving through to Young Thug.
剩下的就是我们的歌♥曲集♥合♥了
That leaves us with this, which is our set list.
和关系亲密的人一起工作
There’s definite pros and cons
肯定是有利有弊
to working with someone that you’re that close with.
克里斯也会是第一个这么说的人
Chris would be the first to say that as well.
绝对会变得有点麻烦
It can get a bit messy, definitely.
《Animals》——Coldplay
*我们是动物*
*Animals we are*
我好像已经离开过乐队两次了
Well, I’ve left the band probably two times, I think.
第一次是因为我病重
The first time was ’cause I got really ill.
基本上是筋疲力尽了
It was basically exhaustion.
最佳英国乐队
2001年
酷玩乐队
我会永远记得 全英音乐奖颁奖礼那天
I’ll always remember. It was the day of the Brit Awards.
最佳英国乐队
The Best British Group.