when they were really wondering if this was worth it.
真的会带来成功吗
Is this actually gonna result in anything?
但他们确实成功了
But it did.
开拓美国市场 感觉像是一段艰苦时光
Plowing across America, it felt difficult at the time,
盖伊
但回想起那段岁月
but looking back on it now they were,
从很多种层面上来说 都是充满意义的
in many ways, the most rewarding days,
也是最让我怀念的一段记忆
the days I look back with most fondness.
我们当时都只是小孩 我们不知道前途在哪
We were just kids, we didn’t know what was gonna happen,
但我们从不放弃
but we never gave up.
*让我们回到起点吧*
*Oh let’s go back to the start*
在美国取得的成功对你们重要吗
So, American success, does it matter to you guys?
只要每个买♥♥我们专辑的人喜欢它就够了
As long as everyone that buys one of our records is into it,
我们不在乎是一千万人还是三千万人
we don’t care if it’s 10 million people or 30 million people,
只要能超过五百万就行了
as long as it’s over five million people.
我不想去谈论那些艰苦的时光
I’m not gonna sit and talk about any bad times
当你带着长远的眼光去看
because there wasn’t any bad times really,
所谓艰苦时光其实根本不存在
not in the grand scheme of things.
但获得了主流媒体的关注后
But it was weird, you know,
事情就变得有点奇怪
when it crossed over into that mainstream media thing.
我们共同组建了这支乐队
We started our band together
队内气氛民♥主♥ 成员地位平等
and there was a democracy and this kind of concept of equality,
美国演员 《钢铁侠》中的”小辣椒”
结果媒体把焦点放在克里斯和格温妮丝的恋情上
and then it was slightly strange when the press focused on Chris
这让我们感觉很别扭
and his relationship with Gwyneth.
有那么一瞬间我甚至会想 “那我们呢”
I think for a brief moment it felt like, “Well, what about us?”
不过对他[克里斯]来说那种感觉也不好受
But I think it’s probably been pretty awful for him at times.
一开始可能还只是觉得有趣
As amusing as it might be at first,
到后来
after a while,
已经对生活造成了干扰甚至恐惧
it can feel pretty intrusive, pretty claustrophobic.
当你追求一生的梦想成真后
The thing that you’ve dreamt of your whole life has turned out
你发现它并不如当初想象那般单纯快乐
to not be quite as happy and as innocent as it might have felt.
英国著名杂♥志♥ 与滚石杂♥志♥齐名
我一直梦想着登上《新音乐快递》
I always wanted to be in the NME.
那是我唯一在意的东西
That’s all I really cared about.
我想我们都一样
I think we all did.
《归于平静》[美国歌♥手瑞安·亚当斯于2007年发行的专辑]
我不需要其他形式的认可
I never really wanted any other recognition
停留在音乐的层面就够了
other than what we were doing on a musical level.
引起八卦小报的兴趣虽然很糟糕
But tabloid attention, as awful as it is,
“酷玩乐队退出歌♥坛”——《每日镜报》
但也证明你出名了
it’s a sign that you’re sort of doing something right.
我勒个去
怎么了
我可不记得我说过这话
我很高兴我们获得了认可 真的
When I get recognized, I love it. I do.
我们现在很享受这一切
You know? That’s why we’re at a cool level.
因为新鲜感还没褪去
Because the novelty hasn’t worn off
你也知道
and, you know…
最让人兴奋的是
It’s really exciting,
认可我们的正是那些
’cause the only people that really recognize us are people
喜欢我们专辑的人
who actually like our record.
美国著名流行歌♥手 吉尼斯认证全球”最畅销女歌♥手”
我不知道麦当娜或者其他人
I don’t know how people like Madonna or someone could handle
出名后会怎么应对
that level of fame because…
距离演出开始还有三小时
马尼拉
你大概得成为一个隐士才行
you do have to just become a recluse, I reckon.
谢谢大家
感觉我穿错衣服了
我来检查他们机关枪配齐了没
朋友 你走前面
Okay, mate, you go first.
这简直太疯狂了
不好意思 我没想到 我没有
Sorry, I didn’t… I’m sorry. I didn’t…
《Something just like this》——Coldplay
但挺有意思的
*她曾问 你想去何处游历*
*She said, where’d you wanna go*
曼谷
*你能经受多少风雨*
*How much you wanna risk*
*我并不渴望超人般的天赋*
*I’m not looking for somebody with some superhuman gifts*
*不奢望英雄附体 不奢求童话般天赐之福*
*Some superhero Some fairytale bliss*
*惟愿做好力所能及之事 吻我所爱之人*
*Just something I can turn to Somebody I can kiss*
*我心所愿 仅此而已*
*I want something just like this*
*我心所愿 仅此而已*
*I want something just like this*
*我心所愿 仅此而已*
*Oh I want something just like this*
两小时后
音乐无处不在
Music is just everywhere.
整个宇宙充满了音乐
The whole universe is music.
你沿着马路走 这也是一种音乐
You can just walk down the street, it’s a kind of music.
一天中总有一些激发你灵感的时刻
There’s always something in the day that’s inspiring.
我们刚开始录歌♥的时候
When we first started recording,
盖伊
克里斯有一个小的四轨录音机
Chris had a little four-track cassette machine
我们就用它来录音
and that’s how we put things down.
新录音23
2017年5月23日
那时候还没有手♥机♥
You know, it’s before we had mobile phones
和电脑这些东西
and laptops and stuff to record on.
给你看我的笔记本
I’ll show you my book.
感受能量的震动
你看这个 看到没
Look at that. See?
要是我把它弄丢了 那简直 我们该怎么办啊
If I should lose that, we’d be… What would we do?
英国摇滚乐队
-本子上写了啥 -让特拉维斯乐队送几首歌♥
– What’s in the book? – Get Travis to give us some songs.
上面到底写了什么
就是一些女孩的电♥话♥号♥码
Just girls’ numbers.
还有舞台服装设计
And designs for stage costumes.
我纪念一天的方式就是把它唱出来
My way of making sense of the day is to sit down and sing about it.
克里斯
可能就和写日记一样
I suppose it’s like writing a diary.
没人说得清歌♥是怎么创作出来的
No one really knows where songs come from.
不知道何时 何地和何种方式
You don’t know how, where, or why,
或是否还有更多歌♥曲灵感
or whether any more will come.
我们那些热单都是十分钟内完成的
All of our biggest ones take 10 minutes,
但为了得到它们
but you only get them
你却需要在其他歌♥上花费成百上千个小时
by sitting for hours and hours on the other ones,
直到一首好歌♥突然来到你的面前
and then suddenly one comes through and you just receive it.
我会把歌♥交给强尼 威尔和盖伊
You might take it to Jonny, Will and Guy,
他们再融入自己的想法 就像一条生产线
and they add their bits and it’s like a production line.
有时候他们说 可以
And sometimes they say, okay,
有时候说 不行
and sometimes they say, no way.
这是”可以-不行”随机序列
It’s the “Okay-no way” Spectrum.
听新歌♥的时候
When we hear a new song,
强尼
我和克里斯倾向于保持乐观
Chris and I have a tendency to be relentlessly positive.
他们总是会
They’re always like,
威尔
“我喜欢这个 我觉得应该还不错”
“Yeah, I like it, yes. I think it could be good. Yeah.”
我和盖伊坐在那 有点生气地说
And me and Guy are sat, sort of fuming, saying,
“哥们 这他妈就是在浪费时间
“Boy, this is a fucking waste of time.
赶紧换下一首吧”
Let’s get on to the next one.”
太难了
It’s difficult.
盖伊
如果克里斯写了一首新歌♥
If Chris comes in with a song,
如果我恰好不喜欢
if I’m just not into it,
我最讨厌这种事儿了
that… that is the thing that I just hate the most.
你等于留下话柄 等着别人指责你说
You’re putting yourself in the firing line for somebody to say,
“你行你上去写”
“Well, you go and write a better one then.”
歌♥曲的生死大权掌握在你手里
You’ve got the life or death of the song in your hands,
菲尔
因为他们很敏感
’cause they’re quite sensitive.
但是有任何端倪
But any kind of inkling
表示这不是他们写过的最好的歌♥
that it’s not the best song they’ve ever written,
都意味着歌♥曲往往会被淘汰
means it tends to get chucked out.
我在组里提建议的通过率可能只有十分之一
I’d say my hit ratio within the group is probably one in ten maybe.
克里斯
这些傻♥逼♥谁都能否决我
Any one of those fucking cunts can veto it.
真让人心碎 但他们又总是对的
It is heartbreaking, but they’re always right.
我知道一旦我们发布歌♥曲
I know that once we put a song out in the world,
就会有很多不好的评价
we’re gonna have lots of people who say it’s not very good,
至少我们最好能做到内部的五个人是一致的
so it’s probably best that the five of us at least agree.
不能有人说 “我当初跟你说了这就是屎”
We can’t have one of us say, “I told you it was shit.”
*给他唱了首自己觉得好听的歌♥*
*Play him a song that you think is fun*
*他会说 我不咋喜欢*
*He’ll say, “I don’t really like that one”*
*我害怕菲尔*
*I’m scared of Phil*
*我也不知道为什么*
*I don’t know why*