– 18, number 16… – Number 16…
用葫芦瓢给燕子做窝 它们能赶走乌鸦
Put up some gourds for a martin colony. Keep away these crows.
这农场乌鸦太多了
One thing in abundance on this farm, and that’s crows.
关上栅栏门
Shut the gate.
我愿用一美元换一个鸡蛋
I’d pay a dollar for an egg.
我跟你们没有过节
I’ve got no quarrel with you.
我快到开普菲尔河了吗
Am I near the Cape Fear River?
是乡团 快后退
Home Guard! Get back there!
有逃兵
Runaways!
快点 兄弟们
Come on, boys!
快抓住他们
Let’s get ’em!
他们逃进玉米地里了
They’re spreadin’ out in the field!
-快回来 -他们在玉米地里
– Come back here! – They’re in the field.
他们在玉米地里
They’re in the field!
我能带你离开这里
I can get you outta here.
我敢说追你的一定是乡团兵
I daresay that’s Home Guard followin’ you.
他们沿路追杀逃兵
They’re out on the road, huntin’ down deserters.
我不建议你走那条路
And I don’t recommend that way.
你会遇到半个镇上的人
You’ll meet half the town
他们都在追杀我 想把我绞死
comin’ after me with a noose,
都是拜你所赐
thanks to you,
我真该在有机会时就毙了你
I should have shot you when I had the chance.
我知道哪里有船可以渡河
I know where there’s a ferry crossin’.
或者你可以继续固执 害死自己
Or you can stubborn yourself to death.
-如果这是个陷阱… -随你怎么想
– If this is a trap… – Please yourself,
我只是想当个好心的基♥督♥徒
I’m just bein’ a Christian.
-你有钱吗 -5美元
– You got any money? – $5.
就5美元 我连河水都不让你喝
For $5 I wouldn’t give a parched man a dipper of this river water.
牌子写着”渡河5美元”
The sign says “Ferry $5”.
只有逃亡的人 才会选择从这里渡河
Nobody crosses these waters unless they’re runnin’ from someplace.
你想等你的”朋友们”追来吗
You wanna wait for your friends?
我可以给你30美元
I can give you $30 Confederate.
行 我们走
Well, all right, let’s go.
鬼知道那些钱现在还值多少
Whatever that’s worth.
他们剪掉了我的头发
They cut off my hair.
真是太叫人难过了
That was hard.
我以前很喜欢炫耀我的头发
I was vain about my hair.
我有一头卷发
I had curls.
但是我活该
But I deserved it.
我是瓦西牧师 我们在教堂见过吗
I’m the Reverend Veasey, have I seen you in church?
没有 也不太可能
No, not likely to, neither.
我觉得现在就是魔鬼的天下
I’d say these days, the devil rules the roost.
再给30美元 我们就可以去那个小屋
30 more dollars, we can go over to that cabin
然后我把裙子掀起来
and I can pull this dress over my head.
我们还有30美元吗
Have we got $30?
-趴下 -我打中一个
– Get down! – I got one.
还有其他渡河的方法吗
Is there any other way to cross?
只能用驳船或小船 这河里全是鳄鱼
Barge or boat. The water’s full of gators.
这是什么木头
What’s this wood?
-我不知道 -塞进去
– I don’t know. – In.
-我不知道 -松木
– I don’t know. – Pine.
-槐树吗 -是松木 北边在哪
– Locust? – Pine, where’s North?
北边
North?
告诉我三种这农场里疯狂生长的野草
Name me three herbs that grow wild on this farm.
我不知道 不知道 行了吗
I can’t, I can’t, all right?
我可以用拉丁语谈论农业
I can talk about farming in Latin.
我会 我能看懂法语
I can… I can read French.
我知道怎么系束胸衣 老天呐
I know how to lace up a corset, God knows.
我能说出欧洲的主要河流
I can name the principal rivers in Europe.
但别问我这个县里任何小溪的名字
Just don’t ask me to name one stream in this county!
我会…我会做刺绣 但我不会缝补衣物
I can… I can embroider but I can’t darn!
我会插花 却不会种花
I can arrange cut flowers but I can’t grow them!
如果某样东西有实际功能
If a thing has a function,
如果我能用它做点什么
if I might do something with it,
那就会被认为是我不该做的
then it wasn’t considered suitable!
为什么
Why?
露比 关于我的一切 你几乎都会难以理解
Ruby, you can ask why about pretty much everything to do with me.
这个栅栏大概是我这辈子做的第一件
This fence is about the first thing that I’ve ever done
可能有点实际作用的事
that might produce an actual result.
所以你从没和那个叫因曼的家伙睡过吗
So you never wrapped your legs around this Inman?
快干活
Come on.
钢琴不错
Fine piano.
如果我们省着点 就能挨过冬天
If we’re careful, now we’ll get through winter.
我让罗伊老爷子给我十头羊
I got old man Roy to give me ten of them sheep,
因为我说它们太小
on account of I said they’s so small,
加一起也抵不过六头正常大小的羊
put together they weren’t no bigger than six proper sheep.
我父亲生前一直希望在这里养羊
My father always wanted sheep on this farm.
我曾卖♥♥过头发
I cut off my hair once for money.
我爸拿了两美元
My daddy got $2 for it.
给罗利的富人做了假发
Made a wig for some rich feller in Raleigh.
我只是想说 我很遗憾你得卖♥♥掉钢琴
I’m just sayin’ I’m real sorry you had to lose your piano.
露比 是我主动要卖♥♥的
Ruby, it was my idea.
斯托布罗德总说自己是音乐家
Stobrod liked to call himself a musician.
我爸能在小提琴上拉出六个音
My daddy, he could play six tunes on a fiddle.
结果在彼得斯堡中弹身亡
Got hisself shot dead at Petersburg.
我就像他的羊
I was like his goat.
或其他拴着的牲畜
Or some critter tethered to a post.
他曾抛弃过我 就在那些山上
He left me once. Up in them mountains.
当时我8岁 他离开了两周半多
I was eight. He was gone over two and a half weeks.
他抛弃了你
He left you?
嗯 我没事
Uh-huh, I was all right.
我爸那个人 宁可走40英里喝杯酒
My daddy, he’d walk 40 miles for liquor
却不愿为了示好走40英寸
and not 40 inches for kindness.
我严重便秘了
I’m so plugged up.
以前我每天早上的屎意就和晨祷一样准时
Used to be as regular as morning prayers.
实际上 我可以根据肠子反应来调表
Matter of fact, I could set my watch by my bowels.
现在切开我的肠子
Open my gut now,
屎肯定像黑树枝一样又硬又多
they’d find turds stacked up like little black twigs.
是乡团
Home Guard!
-快看这个 -小声点
– Look at this. – Keep your voice down.
快看啊
Look at this!
-是把好锯 -又不是你的
– It’s a good saw! – And it’s not yours.
你是个基♥督♥徒 你不知道十诫吗
You’re a Christian. Don’t you know your Commandments?
你会发现好心的上帝
You’ll find the good Lord
在财产这方面是很懂得变通的
very flexible on the subject of property.
我们能用这把锯子做好多事
We could do a lot with this saw.
砍树 奏乐
Cut down a tree. Play music with it.
你会为这把锯子感谢我的
You’re gonna thank me for this saw.
等我甩掉你 找到食物后才会感谢你
I’ll say thank you when I’ve lost you and I’ve found some food.
等着瞧吧 你会感谢我的
You’ll see, you’ll thank me.
你好啊
Good day to you.
我的老牛 走失了 死在这溪里
My old bull… wandered off… and died in this here creek.
把我们喝的水都变臭了 我才发现它
Poisonin’ up our water is how I found him.
谢谢 你是个真正的基♥督♥徒
Thank you, you are a true Christian.
这牛的腐烂气味也太臭了
That’s a rank odor from that animal.
估计死了好一阵了
Been dead a good while, I reckon.
这可不好办
This is a tricky one.
你们帮我 我老婆能给你们做顿美味大餐
You fellers help me out, my woman’ll cook you up a good dinner.
我有主意了
I’m gettin’ an idea.
用这把锯子
My saw’s the remedy.
我觉得需要两个人 两头各站一个
I believe you need two people, one on either end.
是啊
Yeah.
把锯子给我
Give me that saw.
分段锯开
Let’s do this in chapters.
-没错 -好
– That’s right. – Yeah.
从脖子开始
Start at the neck.
好吧 真恶心
Oh, well… That is unpleasant.
那就是我家
There’s my place.
希望你们受得了一屋子的女人
Hope you can stomach a yard chock full of female.
天呐 我的天
Oh, God. Oh, my God.
哈利路亚