我们在黑山坳的农场荒废了
“Our farm at Black Cove is abandoned.
山里的每一户家庭都被惨剧折磨着
“Every house in these mountains touched by tragedy.
每一天 大家都在担心又有谁牺牲了
“Each day the dread… of learning who has fallen…
又有谁无法从这可怕的战争中归来
“who will not return from this terrible war.
而你杳无音讯
“And no word from you.
你还活着吗
“Are you alive?
我向上帝乞求你平安
“I pray to God you are.
这场战争在战场上输了
“This war is lost on the battlefield
而对于留在后方的人 更是输得惨烈”
and is being lost twice over by those who stayed behind.”
他不会回来了 你是知道的
He ain’t comin’ back, you know that.
你内心深处一定清楚得很
You must know that in your heart.
看着我
Look at me.
看着我
Look at me.
我也不是一无是处
I’m not nothin’.
“我还在痴痴等待着 就像我承诺的那样
“I’m still waiting, as I promised I would.
但是我孤身一人 我已经没有任何办法了
“But I find myself alone and at the end of my wits…
实在没有脸面一直接受
“too embarrassed to keep
那些尚可以接济的好心人的施舍”
“taking from those who can least afford to give.”
艾达 我是莎莉
Ada! It’s Sally!
艾达
Ada!
瞧瞧这地方破败成了什么样
Look at the state of this place,
放在门廊吧
Well, set it on the porch.
她把奴隶们都释放了 现在…
She let them slaves go free, and now…
可怜的人 她无人依靠 什么也没有
Poor soul, she’s got nobody and nothin’,
痴等着一个亡魂
and waitin’ on a ghost.
走开
Go away.
魔鬼
Devil!
“现在我最后的一丝勇气 就是始终相信你”
“My last thread of courage now is to put my faith in you…
快点
Come on.
“相信我还会再次见到你
“And to believe I will see you again.
所以我现在要无比直白地对你说
“So now I say to you, plain as I can…
如果你在战斗 请停止战斗吧
“If you are fighting, stop fighting.
如果你在行军 请停止行军吧
“If you are marching, stop marching.
回到我身边
“Come back to me.
我请求你回到我身边”
Come back to me is my request.”
“回到我身边
“Come back to me.
我请求你回到我身边”
Come back to me is my request.”
伤员们 别离开医院太远
Wounded men, don’t stray from the hospital grounds.
如果他们派我们回去打仗…
If they send us back to fight…
快来买♥♥花生 买♥♥盲人的花生
Hey, get your peanuts now, from the blind man.
嘿 这里有好吃的花生
Hey, your hot goobers here.
真是伤感的一天
It’s a sad day.
好点了吗 士兵
Gettin’ better, soldier?
似乎好点了
Seems that way.
如果是我就不着急
I wouldn’t hurry.
战争就快结束了 不管有没有你都会输
The war’s almost done. Don’t need your help to lose it.
给你们十分钟 小伙子们
You got ten minutes now, boys.
十分钟时间剪头发 刮胡子
Ten minutes to get your haircuts and shaves.
我一直想问你
I’ve been meanin’ to ask you.
你的伤是怎么来的
Where’d you take your wound?
我生下来就有了
Oh, before I was born.
从来没看见过这世上的任何东西
Never set eyes on a thing in this world.
树 枪 女人 都没见过
Not a tree, a gun or a woman.
不过这三样我都摸过
Put my hand on all three, though.
-你愿意付出什么呢 -什么
– What would you give for that? – Huh?
-如果可以拥有十分钟的视力 -十分钟
– To have your eyeballs for ten minutes. – Ten minutes?
我一分钱也不会出
I wouldn’t give an Indian head cent.
那可能会让我心怀怨恨
Might turn me hateful.
看着这个世界 确实让我怨恨
That’s sure what seein’s done to me.
不 我不是这个意思
No, that’s not the way I meant it.
你说了只有十分钟
You said ten minutes.
我说的是拥有后再失去的感觉
It’s havin’ a thing and then the loss of it I’m talking about.
在这点上我不赞同你
Then we don’t agree.
有一个地方
There’s not much
如果能在那待十分钟 我几乎愿意付出一切
I wouldn’t give for ten minutes of someplace.
好吧 某个地方 还是某个人
Yeah, someplace… or someone.
你自己小心点
You watch yourself, now.
他们会打死那些逃跑的人
They’re shootin’ men who take themselves a walk.
186♥4♥年9月 卡罗来纳海岸
奉泽布伦·万斯
By order of Zebulon Vance,
伟大的北卡罗来纳州州长之命
governor of this great state of North Carolina,
冷山邮局
冷山 同一天
任何逃跑的士兵都将犯下叛国罪
any soldier turned deserter is guilty of treason,
应该像丧家之犬一样被追捕
and should be hunted down like a dog.
所有收留逃兵的人也同样犯有叛国罪
Any man who takes in a deserter is likewise guilty of treason.
乡团有权进入任何可疑的地方
The Home Guard is powered to enter any place it sees fit
可以不经通知 不受限制
without notice or constraint.
提格队长需要更多志愿者
Captain Teague needs more volunteers.
所有由于年龄或疾病
Any man whose age or infirmity
而无法参加战斗的男性都应当加入我们
prevents him from fightin’ shall join us
保护本县免遭北方侵略者和叛徒的荼毒
to protect this county from Yankee raiders and traitors to the cause.
-有我的信吗 -没有
– Is there a letter for me? – Nothin’.
最近我们一封信也没收到
We’ve been gettin’ no post through at all.
我们越快输掉这场战争越好
The sooner we lose this war the better.
他们说这个山里出去的青年只有不到一成能回来
They say not one boy in ten is comin’ home to these mountains.
提格和他的暴民到处欺压群众
Teague and his rabble throwin’ their weight around.
他们比北方佬还恶劣
They’re worse than the Yankees.
我能跟你说句话吗
Might I speak with you, please?
这是门罗牧师的
This was the Reverend Monroe’s.
我不知道还有谁会想要一只表
I don’t know who would want a watch.
谁还能受得了看时间呢
Who can bear to look at the time?
我有点咸猪肉可以给你
I’ve got a little salt pork you can have.
把你父亲的表收好
Keep your daddy’s watch.
谢谢
Thank you.
我和其他妇女们聊过
I was talkin’ to some of the other womenfolk
说也许可以去黑山坳看看你
about maybe lookin’ in on you at Black Cove.
现在时局艰难 但是…
It’s hard right now, but…
不 我过得挺好的 不管别人怎么说
Oh, no, I manage very well, whatever the talk is.
我非常感激你给的猪肉
I’m very grateful for the pork,
当然我是打算以后付你钱的
which I intend to pay for, of course.
一切都还好吗
Is everything all right?
艾达
Ada.
艾达
Ada.
艾达 你怎么弄得和惠比特狗一样瘦
Why, Ada, you are skinny as a whippet, girl.
你要跟我回家
You are comin’ indoors with me.
不 不行 我不…
No, I can’t. I don’t…
我不能一直指望你的好心
I can’t keep countin’ on your kindness.
快来吧 我在做炖菜
Now, come on, I’m makin’ a stew.
如果你能来 我们会很高兴的
We’d be proud to have you.
埃斯科在等着吃晚饭呢
Esco’s gonna be wantin’ his dinner.
告诉你们 我只希望战争结束
I just wanna stop, I tell you.
和莎莉一起坐在门廊
Sit on the porch with Sal,
看着儿子们在田里劳动
watch my boys in the fields,
每个小时喊一声”干得好”
holler “Good job” every hour or so.
等儿子们回来 那将会是美好的一天
That’ll be a good day, when our boys get home.
你在查尔斯顿的亲人怎么样
What about your people in Charleston?
我没有亲人
There are no people.
也没有钱
And there’s no money.
我父亲有一些债券和投资
My father had some bonds and investments.
当然它们现在已经一文不值了
They’re worthless now, of course.
战争…
The war…
那些东西一点价值也没有了
They’re not worth anything.
我无处可去
I don’t have anywhere else to go.
我也不想走
I don’t wanna go.
你在等一个人
You’re waiting on a feller.
-去朝我家的井里看… -埃斯科
– Look down our well… – Esco…
她应该这么做
She should.
如果你用一面镜子朝我家的井里看
If you look down our well with a mirror,
你能看见未来 传说是这样的
you’ll see the future, it’s what they say.
你试过
You do it.
她试过