It’s what people say we’re fightin’ for,
保持这一切不变
to keep it that way.
我无意在我的教堂鼓吹战争 因曼先生
I have no plans to preach war in my church, Mr. Inman.
我猜上帝也疲于
I imagine God is weary of
被敌对的双方唤来求助
being called down on both sides of an argument.
我猜的确如此
I imagine God is.
谢谢你
Thank you.
你父亲会弹钢琴 是吗
Now, your father played the piano, did he?
没错 他曾是个老师
That’s right. He was a teacher.
那你的父亲还健在吗 因曼先生
And is your father living, Mr. Inman?
-他过世了 -你的母亲呢
– He is not. – And your mother?
不 先生 我出生时她就去世了
No, sir. She died when I was born.
♪再会吧 虚荣的世界♪
♪Farewell, vain world.♪
♪我要回家了♪
♪I’m going home.♪
♪我的救世主微笑着让我去♪
♪My savior smiles and bids me come.♪
♪我不愿在此久留♪
♪And I don’t care to stay here long.♪
♪甜美的天使带我离开♪
♪Sweet angels beckon me away.♪
♪在无尽的日夜 唱响上帝的颂歌♥♪
♪To sing God’s praise in endless day.♪
♪我不愿在此久留♪
♪And I don’t care to stay here long.♪
♪就去那边 基♥督♥教♥徒♥们♪
♪Right up yonder, Christians.♪
-退出了 -北卡罗来纳州退出联邦了
– Secession. – North Carolina left the Union.
♪是 我的主 我不愿在此久留♪
♪O, yes, my Lord, for I don’t care to stay here long.♪
我们要打仗了
We got our war!
♪我向死而生♪
♪… that I am born to die.♪
♪从悲伤与苦痛之中我的灵魂当翱翔♪
♪ From grief and woe my soul shall fly.♪
♪而我不愿在此久留♪
♪ And I don’t care to stay here long.♪
♪光明的天使会带我回家♪
♪ Bright angels shall convey me home.♪
♪前往新耶路撒冷♪
♪ Away to New Jerusalem.♪
♪而我不愿在此久留♪
♪ And I don’t care to stay here long.♪
我们要打仗了 要打仗了 也是时候了
We got our war! We got it! We got it! It’s about time.
-太好了 -因曼 因曼
– All right! – Inman! Inman!
准备好打仗 孩子 准备好了
Ready to fight, son, ready to fight.
我们要打仗了 兄弟
We got our war, man.
你终于要去打仗了
Well, you have your war.
艾达
Ada.
艾达
Ada.
这是北卡罗来纳州的大好日子
It’s a great day for North Carolina.
那些追随林肯或是鼓吹废奴的人
Those who follow Lincoln or preach abolition…
你们睡觉的时候最好小心点
you best keep one eye open when you’re sleepin’.
恶魔可能会找上门
Ol’ boogeyman might get you.
你突然就代表法律了吗 提格先生
Are you the law all of a sudden, Mr. Teague?
没错 孩子
That’s right, son.
我是海伍德县的乡团兵
Home Guard for Haywood County.
从今天起我就代表法律了
And I’m the law from today.
你们都得上战场
Y’all go fight now.
我们会照看好你们的女人
We’ll watch over your sweethearts.
提格 你怎么不上战场
Teague, why ain’t you fightin’?
因为他太老了
‘Cause he’s too old.
你在查尔斯顿可能还更安全一点
You might be safer back in Charleston.
但那样谁来等你回家呢
But then who’ll be waiting for you?
为北卡罗来纳州欢呼三声
Three cheers for North Carolina!
-好咧 -为南方军欢呼三声
– All right. – Three cheers for the South!
万岁
Hip hip hurrah!
万岁
Hip hip hurrah!
万岁
Hip hip hurrah!
诺福克 彼得斯堡
因曼 这是因曼的
Inman. It belongs to Inman.
给我吧 他就在这里
I got it. He’s here.
他们找到了你一直操心的那本书 士兵
They found that book you been worryin’ about, soldier.
等下
Wait.
我给你找来这本书 你可以带着上战场
I found you this book to take with you.
威廉·巴特拉姆的
William Bartram.
他们告诉我这是好书
They tell me it’s good.
我觉得这位作家写到了关于那些地方的风土人情
I think he writes about these parts, the author, so…
谢谢
Thank you.
还有这个
And this.
照片上我没有笑
I’m not smiling in it.
我不知道该怎么 保持笑容
I don’t know how to do that, hold a smile.
-艾达 -怎么了
– Ada. – What?
他一个月后就能回来了
He’ll be back in a month.
帮我亲亲她
Kiss her for me.
快点 该走了
Come on, let’s go.
我会等着你的
I’ll be waiting for you.
看着不错啊 布彻
Lookin’ good, Butcher.
带点北方佬的头皮回来 斯威默
Bring home some Yankee scalps, Swimmer.
请往窗外看 姑娘们
Look out the window, ladies.
看看这些可怜的蠢货为什么而死
See what these poor fools are dyin’ for.
有多少人要为富人家的奴隶失去一条腿
How many would still lose a leg for the rich man’s slave?
这些士兵大部分到明天早上就死了
Most of these soldiers’ll be dead by morning,
如果他们求生欲强 能撑到傍晚
or if they’re stubborn, by nightfall.
外面的院子里还有人在等着床位
I’ve other men outside in the courtyard waitin’ for beds,
随便说些好话 对他们都是莫大的安慰
so any kind word will be a blessin’.
太热了 很遗憾 肉都快腐烂了
It’s the heat, I’m sorry. They rot.
鸽子河
Pigeon River…
你怎么样了 孩子
How are you, son?
冷 山
Cold… Mountain…
不好意思
I-I’m sorry.
-你是要喝水吗 -冷山
– You want water? – Cold… Mountain.
冷山
Cold Mountain?
冷山
Cold Mountain.
没有因曼先生的消息 你会担心吗
Do you worry when there’s no word from him? From Mr. Inman?
是的
Yes.
然后我就试着去数
But then I’ve tried countin’ the number of words
因曼先生和我说过多少话
which have passed between Mr. Inman and me,
发现并不是很多
not very many.
但是我很想他 爸爸 时刻都很想
But I think about him, Daddy, all the time.
婚后22个月 我就失去了你的母亲
I lost your mother after 22 months of marriage.
那份爱足以填满我的一生了
It was enough to fill a life.
那是最后的火腿了
That was the last of the ham.
-很好吃 -我得学着做饭
– It was delicious. – I have to learn how to cook.
我考虑在教堂说点什么
I was thinking of saying something in chapel.
或许一些妇女会乐意来帮忙
Perhaps some of the womenfolk will volunteer.
我不能让人来这里为我做饭
I can’t have people coming here and cooking for me.
我真的…
I so…
我真后悔
I so regret…
我本该把你培养得不那么像个同伴
I should have raised you less like a companion
更像个普通的年轻女子
and more like a young woman,
对不起 艾达 我还把你拖来这里
I’m sorry, Ada. And for dragging you here.
我不觉得后悔
I’m not sorry.
你去哪里我都会跟着
I would have followed you anywhere.
-哪怕是去蒙古 -蒙古
– To Mongolia. – Mongolia.
但这地方现在没人干活了
But with no one left to work this place,
没东西买♥♥ 也没有钱去买♥♥
nothing to buy, nothing left to buy it with…
我不知道我们要怎么熬过下个冬天
I just don’t know how we’re gonna get through another winter.
你愿意给我弹点什么吗
Will you play me somethin’?
在我准备布道词的时候弹一些安静的曲子
Somethin’ peaceful while I look over my sermon.
外面太潮湿了 你该进屋去
It’s too damp out here. You should come inside.

No.
我喜欢外面
I like it.
爸爸 把桌布拿进来
Daddy, bring the tablecloth in.
快进屋 免得被淹死
Come inside before you drown.
你有一封信
You have a letter.
北卡罗来纳州寄来的
North Carolina.
真是跨越了万水千山而来
It’s come a long way.
不是最近寄出的信
It’s not too recent.
是去年冬天写的信
It’s written this past winter.
恐怕我看不出是谁写的信
I’m afraid I can’t read who it’s from.
“亲爱的因曼先生
“Dear Mr. Inman…”
自你离开之后
“Since you’ve left,
我度日如年 生活凄苦不堪
“time has been measured out in bitter chapters.
去年秋天 我可怜的父亲过世了
“Last fall, my poor father died.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!