“亲爱的因曼先生
“Dear Mr. Inman,
开始的时候我一天天数着日子
“I began by counting the days,
然后是月复一月
“then the months.
我已经不再数着日子过 心中别无所求
“I don’t count on anything anymore
唯愿你最终能回来
“except the hope that you will return,
自我们分别这些年来寂静的恐惧
“and the silent fear that in the years since we saw each other,
这场战争 这可怕的战争
“this war, this awful war,
必将彻底改变我们 不再是记忆中的模样”
“will have changed us both beyond all reckoning.”
冷 山
内战将尽之时
北方军队在南方防线下埋炸♥药♥
186♥4♥年7月 弗吉尼亚州 彼得斯堡被围
南方军正等待北方军的进攻
这个可怜的孩子是阿♥拉♥巴马来的
This poor boy’s from Alabama,
-那可离家够远的 -谢谢
– He’s a long way from home. – Thank you.
那些北方佬为什么还不进攻
Why don’t them Yanks just attack?
有衣服吗 小子
Got any shirts, son?
那是莫·奥克利的儿子
It’s Mo Oakley’s boy.
恐怕还不到参战的年龄吧
Can’t be old enough to fight, can he?
-早上好 -早上好 小子
– Good morning. – Morning, son.
这里有些靴子和夹克 想要吗
Got some boots and jackets. You want one?
-给 这个你要吗 -谢谢
– Here, you want that? – Thanks.
希望这些靴子能撑过400英里的路
I hope these boots can hold up for 400 miles,
因为我可要穿着它们回冷山呢
’cause they’re taking me back to Cold Mountain.
“我经常想起我们在一起时那飞逝的时光
“I think now on the fleeting moments between us
真希望我能弥补许多遗憾
“and wish I could repair them.
希望我不曾矜持扭捏 不曾留下许多话未说出口”
“My awkward nature, the things left unsaid.”
好了 就这样
All right, that’s it,
这里的炸♥药♥连天都能炸出个窟窿
Enough powder here to blow a hole in the sky.
是啊 这才是北方佬的清晨问候
Yeah, a real Yankee good mornin’.
你那本旧书都快散架了
That old book of yours is in shreds.
就像我们 经历了太多战火的侵袭
Same as us, seen too much war.
奥克利
Oakley,
别担心 孩子
Don’t worry, son.
那些北方佬跟商店一样
Them Yankee boys keep store hours,
不到点不开门营业
they ain’t open yet.
关上吧
Close it up.
嘿 你是从哪冒出来的
Hey, where’d you come from?
那可是新鲜早餐
That’s fresh breakfast.
它是我的 布彻
He’s mine, Butcher.
让开
Get away!
-是我先看见的 -快追
– I saw him first. – Come on!
-我先看见的 -那是我的兔子 我的兔子
– I saw it first! – That’s my rabbit! That’s my rabbit!
放开我的兔子 放开我的兔子
Get your paws off my rabbit! Get your paws off my rabbit!
“当我随父亲来到那个叫冷山的小镇时
“When I came with my father to the town of Cold Mountain,
我对于自己的打扮感到十分羞怯
“I was so shy of how I looked,
真是格格不入
“So out of place.
但你知道我多么开心能逃离查尔斯顿
“But did you know how happy I was to escape from Charleston,
逃离那个充满奴隶 束身衣和棉花的世界吗
“from a world of slaves and corsets and cotton?”
你们这些白♥痴♥是以为自己是在为什么而战
What do you fools think you’ll be fightin’ for?
-南方吗 -我管这颗钉子叫「北方侵略」
– The South? – I call this nail Northern Aggression.
-一点没错 -我管这颗钉子叫「北方佬的脑袋」
– Damn right. – I call this nail the Yankee Skulls.
要是我没记错 南方好像只是个方向吧
Last time I checked, the South was a direction,
没想到你居然支持林肯 JT
Never figured you for a Lincoln lover, JT.
我告诉你 等我修好这个教堂
I tell you, as soon as I finish this chapel,
我就要去战场 杀几个北方佬
I’m gonna go off and kill me some Yankees.
真是充满激♥情♥和力量
Piss and vinegar.
其实不过是为有钱人的奴隶打仗
Fightin’ for a rich man’s slave, that’s what.
牧师来了
Whoa, here comes the minister,
本 谢谢 能扶我女儿下车吗
Ben, thank you, will you assist my daughter?
我的天 瞧瞧那顶帽子
Lord have mercy, look at that bonnet.
再瞧瞧戴帽子的人
Look what’s in it.
奥克利 把锤头递给我 小子
Oakley, hand me the hammer, boy.
真是一位南方美人
That’s a true Southern belle.
-斯万格先生 早安 -早安 牧师
– Mr. Swanger! Good morning to you. – Morning, Reverend.
埃斯科 还记得我女儿艾达吗
Esco, you remember my daughter, Ada.
-门罗小姐 -早安
– Miss Monroe. – Good morning,
-早安 -早安
– Morning. – Morning,
-进展不错 -早安
– Excellent progress. – Morning,
这二位是斯万格夫人 卡斯特勒雷夫人
Mrs. Swanger, Mrs. Castlereagh.
早安 牧师
Morning, Reverend.
请允许我先失陪一下
Now, if y’all will excuse me,
要是在查尔斯顿 我的教众
in Charleston, my congregation
肯定要在为窗户的尺寸争论不休了
would still be disputing the size of the windows.
只是小教堂而已
It’s a chapel.
门罗小姐 我刚才还在想着你
Miss Monroe, I was just thinkin’ about you.
冷山对你来说肯定像世界末日吧
Cold Mountain must feel like the end of the world.
并非如此
Not at all.
-这里很美 -你真让我们自惭形秽
– It’s very beautiful. – Well, you put us all to shame.
那上面的男人刚对女人有了点概念
Men up here had a bearing on what they thought a woman was,
结果就来了个你这样的美人
and then you showed up.
-不 我可不信 -相信我
– No, I doubt that. – Oh, believe me,
如果你能和其中一个笨蛋说上句话
if you was to say a word to one of these fools,
我山上那块地就有人帮我犁了
I could get my top field cleared.
-谁都行吗 -不是
– Any one? – No, um…
必须是他
Him in particular,
椽子上那个
up in the rafters,
平时可是一句话不说的
won’t normally say boo to a goose.
自从你来了这里之后 他就整日缠着我引荐
He’s been pressin’ me since the day you arrived here.
-帮你犁地是吗 -没错
– Your top field cleared? – That’s right.
早上好 我是艾达·门罗
Good morning, I’m Ada Monroe.
我是因曼
Inman.
因曼
Inman.
W.P.因曼
WP Inman.
W.P.因曼
WP Inman.
重复可没有什么用
Repeatin’ a thing doesn’t improve it.
别人叫我因曼
People call me Inman.
瞧瞧 因曼说话了
How ’bout that? Inman speaks.
要是你下来喝一杯苹果酒
If you were to take a glass of cider,
你的朋友可能就不会总盯着你了
your friends might stop staring.
因曼
Inman.
你就是嫉妒
You’re just jealous.
我要带她去主教溪散步
I’m gonna take her for a walk at Bishop’s Creek.
谢谢
Thank you.
你是做什么的
And what do you do?
做木工
I work wood,
打猎
hunt,
主要是木工
mostly work wood.
犁地呢
Clear fields?
我可以犁地
I can clear a field.
你有什么话想对我说吗
Was there something in particular you wished to say to me?
我想不起来有什么
Not that comes to me.
我应该说谢谢 谢谢你的苹果酒
I’ll say thank you… for the cider.
♪你安然无恙♪
♪You’ll walk unscathed…♪
♪长刀都不能让你倒下♪
♪No ploughman’s blade will cut thee down♪
♪短剑也无法在你脸上留下伤口♪
♪No cutlass wound will mark thy face♪
♪我已踏上寻找真爱的旅途♪
♪I’ve gone to find my ain true love♪
♪我已踏上寻找真爱的旅途♪
♪I’ve gone to find my ain true love♪
开火
Fire!
撤退 回去 退回去
Move back! Go back! Move back!
撤退 撤退
Go back! Go back!
他们被困在了错误的弹坑里
They’re trapped in the wrong damn crater.
他们的计划坑了自己
Whole plan backfired on ’em.
送那些北方佬下地狱
Send them Yanks straight to hell.
-等等 等等 -快走 回去
– Hold it, hold it. – Let’s go, Turn it around.
那些白♥痴♥是自掘坟墓
Damn fools dug their own grave.
他们落在我们手里了 兄弟们
We’ve got ’em now, boys.
就像射击火鸡一样容易
It’s a turkey shoot.
什么
What?
就像射击火鸡一样容易 他们把自己困在坑里了
It’s a turkey shoot. They’ve run themselves into a hole.
他们倒霉了
Hell’s busted.
奥克利
Oakley!
奥克利

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!