这些孩子签了合同,如果你看一下的话,说不定…
Look, these boys signed contracts. Maybe if you’d read one of them…
你的工作是赢得篮球赛,卡特先生
Your job is to win basketball games, Mr. Carter.
– 我建议你专心干♥你♥的工作 – 你的工作是教育这些孩子
– l suggest you start doing your job. – And your job is to educate these kids.
我也建议你专心干♥你♥的工作
l suggest you start doing yours.
好…
Well…
…又是不错的一周
…we had another good week.
对,生意非常好,肯尼
Yeah, business is very good, Kenny.
可都是我自己干的,你从不到这里来
But l’m on my own. You’re never here.
– 我快累死了 – 听我说,我很感激你做的一切
– lt gets crazy. – Look, l appreciate everything you do.
我向你保证…我们已经关门了
And l promise you… We’re closed.
…赛季一结束,我就来这里帮你
…as soon as the season is over, l will be here for you.
卡特先生?
Mr. Carter?
– 我是… – 朱尼尔·巴♥特♥尔♥的妈妈
– l’m… – Junior Battle’s mother.
对,夫人,我记得你
Yes, ma’am, l remember you.
维拉,维拉·巴♥特♥尔♥
Willa. Willa Battle.
要我帮什么忙,夫人?
How may l help you, ma’am?
卡特先生,我今天接到一个电♥话♥
Mr. Carter, l got a phone call today
是萨克拉门托一个大学的教练打来的
from a coach at a junior college in Sacramento.
这个星期五他们想看朱尼尔打比赛
Now, they wanna see Junior play this Friday.
哦,那可太好了,夫人,不过朱尼尔违反了一些规定…
Well, that’s great, ma’am, but Junior broke some rules…
我对规定很赞成
And l agree with them.
我来这里不是要和你争论那些规定
l’m not here to argue with your rules.
不是的
l’m not.
差不多两年前
Almost two years ago now,
朱尼尔的哥哥安东…
Junior’s older brother, Anton, was…
…被杀了,我和朱尼尔一直难过到现在
…killed, and it’s been confusing and hard for me and for Junior.
你一旦失去一个儿子以后…
After you lose a son…
…每当电♥话♥铃响,你的心跳都会停止
…every time the phone rings, your heart stops.
我不是来要求特别照顾的
Now, l’m not asking for special attention.
我也同意,他需要认真学习
l agree he needs to get straight with his classes.
不过我儿子还从来没有想过上大学的念头
But the idea of junior college had never even occurred to my son.
我也可以搬到大力神中学的街区,他可以在那里打球
Now, l could move to the Hercules school district, and he could play there.
– 不过搬家不能解决… – 可是我希望他为你打球
– But moving is not gonna solve… – But l want him to play for you.
听我说,我不会站在这里说
Look, l’m not gonna stand here
我知道失去一个儿子是什么感觉,因为我没有碰到这种事
and say l know how it feels to lose a son, because l don’t.
我也非常感谢你对我的信任
And l do appreciate you putting your trust in me.
但是我要听听朱尼尔怎么说
But l need to hear that from Junior.
他在车里
He in the car.
朱尼尔!
Junior!
去吧
Go on.
我对训练时说的话和做的事感到很抱歉
l’m sorry for what l said and did at practice,
我保证会赶上我的课,先生
and l promise to get caught up with my classes, sir.
看着我的眼睛,先生
Look me in the eye, sir.
我的内心告诉我,如果我让你回来
Everything inside me tells me if l take you back,
就犯了一个错误,而你会愚弄我
l’d be making a mistake and you’ll make a fool of me.
不会,先生
No, sir.
你要给我做一千个俯卧撑
You owe me 1 ,000 push-ups
和一千次自杀才能上场
and 1 ,000 suicides before you can play.
明天训练的时候再见
l’ll see you at practice tomorrow.
谢谢你,先生
Thank you, sir.
你要全部做完
And you gonna do every last one of them.
放弃篮球,好像房♥租是你付的一样
Quitting basketball like you pay rent.
我真不知道你以为自己是谁
l don’t know who you think you are.
下次你要作主张,最好先问过我
The next time you make a decision, you better ask me first.
朱尼尔,今晚你发挥不错
Yo, Junior, you did your thing tonight, man.
– 你看得很准啊 – 对,投得好,朱尼尔
– Good looking out, yo. – Yeah, good shot, Junior.
– 对,毫无疑问 – 先生们,听好
– Yeah, no doubt. – Gentlemen, listen up.
我刚接到湾丘假日锦标赛的主管的电♥话♥
l just received a call from the director of the Bayhill Holiday Tournament.
你们被邀请了
You have been invited.
– 好啊! – 好啊,宝贝儿!
– Yeah! – Yeah, baby!
我还有一条好消息
Now, l have more good news.
今天我和加里森校长谈过了
l spoke to Principal Garrison today.
她告诉我你们的老师会在假期结束前
She informs me that your teachers will have your academic-progress reports
准备好你们的学习进度报告
prepared by the end of holiday break.
先生,我们的成绩刚刚好
Sir, our grades are tight, yo.
不光我们的成绩没问题,教练
Yo, not only are our grades all right, coach,
– 我们还保持了不败,伙计 – 对!
– but we undefeated, homeboy. – Yeah!
我们保持不败,我们保持不败
We undefeated We undefeated
我们保持不败,我们保持不败
We undefeated We undefeated
我们保持不败,我们保持不败
We undefeated We undefeated
欢迎各位来参加里士满高中冬季舞会!
Big ups to everybody who came out to the Richmond High winter dance, y’all!
开始吧!
Get down!
向里士满的新大王致敬吧!
So give it up for the new kings of Richmond, y’all!
对!致敬,宝贝儿!
Yeah! Give it up, baby!
我们十二胜零负,各位,我只想说
Yo, we 1 2-0, y’all, and l just wanna say
我想看看那锦标赛上的所有可人儿
l wanna see all the beautiful people up at that tournament.
你知道!
You know!
你们都想看看里士满油井队进城时
Y’all gonna wanna see the look on the faces of them rich fancy-schoolers
那些体面的阔学生脸上的表情
when the Richmond Oilers roll into town.
Holla!
Holla!
吉拉,你在想什么?你不能喝酒!
Kyra, what are you thinking? You can’t drink!
– 你怀孕了,姑娘 – 住手
– You’re pregnant, girl. – Stop.
这是苏打水,行了吧?
lt’s soda, all right?
为什么你不回楼下去
So why don’t you just go back downstairs
找你的小妞操呢
and find one of your little girlies to freak with.
根本不是那么一回事,只不过有个女孩子在我身边跳舞
lt ain’t even like that. Some girl just danced up on me.
– 不骗你 – 随你怎么说
– That ain’t shit. – Whatever.
你不应该来这儿,假如你是认真的
You shouldn’t be here. lf you’re serious about this,
你就应该仔细想想,因为要不是…
you need to check this bullshit. Because if not…
要不是什么,凯尼恩?你想拉着我的手去做流产?
lf not, what, Kenyon? You wanna hold my hand through an abortion?
– 你就是想这样吧? – 我不知道我想怎样
– ls that what you want? – l don’t know what l want.
你这么坚决想要这孩子
You so damn sure you wanna have this baby,
为什么不告诉我将来会怎样
why don’t you tell me how it’s gonna be.
一切都会很好,对吗?
Everything’s great, right?
你表姐十九岁已经有了两个孩子,吉拉
Your cousin is 1 9 with two kids already, Kyra.
那样很好吗?
lt’s great?
我们一起睡的时候倒是很好
lt was great when we was getting down.
你那时候根本没好好想过
You ain’t having no second thoughts about that.
你爱我,结果就这样了
You loved me when it came to that.
听我说,吉拉,我没法告诉你应该怎么办
Look, Kyra, l can’t tell you what to do,
可是当我看到周围的时候,我明白了什么样的生活是我不想要的
but l look around and l see exactly how l don’t wanna live.
不停地赚钱?
Paycheck to paycheck?
没前途的工作?
Dead-end job?
你搞得好像一切都没问题一样
You make it seem like everything’s gonna be all good,
好像一切都会很美好
like everything’s so wonderful.
你不在乎我
You don’t care about me.
你只想着上大学,打球,然后忘了我
You just wanna go to college, play ball and forget about me.
– 吉拉,根本不是这样 – 我不管你说什么
– Kyra, that’s not even how it is. – l don’t care what you say.
– 我要把孩子生下来 – 然后怎样?
– l’m having this baby. – And then what?
你全都计划好了,对吗?
You got everything figured out, right?
那么告诉我接下来是什么
So tell me what comes next.
在第二十二届湾丘锦标赛的第三天,也是最后一天
The third and final day of the 22nd Bayhill Tournament
主队湾丘队
finds the host team, Bayhill,
正打算击败黑♥马♥里士满油井队夺取冠军
trying to win the championship against the surprising Richmond Oilers.
防守!防守!
Defense! Defense!
把手举高!
Get your hands up!
接住那球!
Get that ball!
第四节还剩一分二十秒的时候,里士满使用了他们的最后一次暂停
Richmond uses their last timeout with 1:20 remaining in the fourth quarter
– 现在湾丘领先六分 – 暂停
– and Bayhill up by six. – Time out!
加油,兄弟,比赛还没结束,加油
Come on, man. We still in the game. Come on.
别慌
Don’t panic.
还剩一分二十秒,我们落后六分,对吧?
We’re six down with 1 :20 left, right?
我们整场比赛都在追他们
We’ve been in these guys’ ass the whole game.
我们能做到
We can do this.
– 这是我们显身手的时候,对吗? – 对,对
– This is our time, right? – Yeah, yeah.
好,安排一四,使用“坎蒂”战术
All right, set up the 1 -4. Run Candy.
戴米恩要投三分
Damien’s gonna hit the three.
凯尼恩,莱尔,在这里严密掩护他
Kenyon, Lyle, set a hard screen down here.
等他投中三分以后,马上转成"黛安"战术
When he hits the three, go right into Diane.
紧逼进内线的传球
Pressure the inbound pass.