我们很少见到他,如果见到了,那一定很不寻常
We rarely see him, but when we do, it’s always special.
谢谢
Thank you.
“本次投票中意外进榜的是排在第十九位的里士满高中”
“Surprise arrival to the poll is Richmond High at 1 9th.”
– 二十强啊,宝贝儿 – 我们在第十九位,哥们
– Top 20, baby. – We’re 1 9th, dog.
油井队取得了九场全胜的战绩
“The Oilers have posted a perfect 9-0 mark,
他们战胜的包括传统强队
winning on the road against perennial powerhouses
泽维尔和巴克斯特联盟”
Xavier and Baxter Union.”
朱尼尔,剩下的应该你来读
Junior, you should read the rest of this.
他们在这报纸上把你吹捧了一把
They blowing you up in this paper.
– 快啊,老兄,读吧 – 你知道他读不来
– Come on, man, read it. – Man, you know he can’t read.
– 闭嘴 – 闭嘴,马德克斯
– Man, shut up. – Shut up, Maddux.
里士满中心巍然耸立,因为“掌起”油井队的
“Richmond center has been big as the Oilers are ‘boyed.”‘
“撑起”,那个字念“撑”
Buoyed. The word is “buoyed.”
撑起油井队的是朱尼尔·巴♥特♥尔♥,平均每晚的十九点八个篮板
“Buoyed by Junior Battle’s 1 9.8-rebound-a-night numbers.”
瞧,这就是我的大个黑鬼,小子,嘿
See, that’s my big nigga right there, son. Hey.
如果你再长大点,你就是我的大大个黑鬼
lf you was any bigger, you’d be my bigger nigga.
坐下,坐下!
Sit down. Sit down!
“黑鬼”是用来侮辱我们祖先的贬义词
“Nigger” is a derogatory term used to insult our ancestors.
要明白,如果有白人用这个词,你就要准备还击
See, if a white man used it, you’d be ready to fight.
你们用这个词就是在教他也用
Your using it teaches him to use it.
你们可能会说这样很酷,这样一点都不酷
You’re saying it’s cool. Well, it’s not cool.
当你们在我身边的时候,我不想听到这个狗屁词
And when you’re around me, l don’t wanna hear that shit.
– 明白吗? – 是的,先生
– We clear? – Yes, sir.
– 是的,先生 – 是的,先生
– Yes, sir. – Yes, sir.
是的,先生
Yes, sir.
沃姆先生
Mr. Worm,
你在这个篮球赛季想得到什么?
what is it you want out of this basketball season?
拿到州冠军,先生
To win that state championship, sir.
好,那么上个赛季是谁拿到了州冠军呢,莱尔?
Well, who won the state basketball championship last season, Lyle?
我要知道就见鬼了,先生
Hell if l know, sir.
有谁知道吗?
Does anybody know?
好
Okay.
你♥爸♥爸是干什么的,莱尔先生?
What’s your father do for a living, Mr. Lyle?
我爸爸在坐牢,先生
My father’s in jail, sir.
听到这个我很抱歉,先生
Well, l’m sorry to hear that, sir.
但是你的人生不一定会是这样
But that doesn’t have to be your life.
我的看法是:
My point’s this:
这个队里有四个比较突出的队员
l have four seniors on this team,
朱尼尔、莱尔、凯尼恩和沃姆
Junior, Lyle, Kenyon and Worm.
我认为这四个人都可以去打大学生篮球赛
All of whom l think can play basketball at the college level.
大学
College.
对你们来说这是可行的选择
That’s a viable option for all of you.
但是要获得这样的机会,你们就必须去上课
But you have to perform in the classroom to have that chance.
你们要有先见之明
You have to have a vision.
告诉我,你们对自己怎么看?
Tell me, how do you see yourselves?
东方体育台(州决赛),宝贝儿
ESPN, baby.
这提醒了我,巴♥特♥尔♥先生
That reminds me, Mr. Battle.
盖瑟克先生告诉我,他在课堂里不能经常看到你
Mr. Gesek tells me he doesn’t see you in his classroom very often.
对,不过我和他关系不错
Yeah, we cool, though, me and him.
盖瑟克先生是个篮球迷
Mr. Gesek is a big basketball fan.
好,从现在起,你被停赛了
Well, as of now, you’re suspended.
哦,你可以训练,但是不能打比赛
Oh, you can practice, but you can’t play
直到盖瑟克先生告诉我你赶上了他的课程为止
until Mr. Gesek tells me you’re caught up in his class.
这也是对你们其他人的警告
And that’s a shout out to the rest of you.
你们签了合同
You signed a contract.
你们作了保证
You made a commitment.
现在我有你们的课程表,还会从你们的老师那里收到报告
Now, l have your schedules and l’ll be getting reports from your teachers.
如果你们不去上课,就不能打比赛
lf you don’t perform in the classroom, you will not play.
这算什么?
What’s up with that?
坐下,巴♥特♥尔♥先生
Sit down, Mr. Battle.
好吧,那就做五百个俯卧撑
All right, that’s 500 push-ups.
这是在放屁!是我们赢了那些比赛,不是你
Man, this is bullshit! We won those games, not you.
那么巴♥特♥尔♥先生要做一千个俯卧撑,克莱德
That’s 1 ,000 push-ups for Mr. Battle, Clyde.
你还想要两千个?
You wanna try for 2,000?
年轻人,如果你要走出那个门,请考虑一下你的选择
Young man, think about the choice you’re making if you walk out that door.
到底线去
To the baseline.
好吧,“拉奎莎”怎样?假如是女孩的话
All right. How about LaQuisha, if it’s a girl.
拉奎莎?好啊,穷♥人♥区会打来电♥话♥,要把他们的名字收回去
LaQuisha? Okay, yeah, the ghetto called and they want they name back.
女孩,拉奎莎?认真点吧
Girl, LaQuisha? Be for real.
你还是给宝宝起名叫“食物券”吧
You might as well call the baby Food Stamp.
你真傻
You’re stupid.
[Harmony:和谐]
好了,我的想法是叫她哈蒙妮
All right, l was thinking l could call her Harmony.
– 我喜欢哈蒙妮 – 哈蒙妮,哦,挺好的,我喜欢
– l like Harmony. – Harmony, oh, that’s good. l like that.
– 凯尼恩怎么说? – 算了吧,他想要男孩
– What did Kenyon say? – Please, he want a boy.
[说曹操曹操到]
– 我猜也是 – 正说迈克尔·乔丹呢
– Figures. – Speaking of Michael Jordan…
喂,女孩有什么不好?
Yo, what’s wrong with a girl?
对,小子,男孩长成男人了,男人就得让我们操心
Yeah, dog, boys grow into men, and men ain’t worth the trouble.
你们没什么地方要去吗?没事干?
Don’t you have someplace to go? Something to do?
看来他是要独占我
Guess he wants me all to himself.
回见
See you later.
别忘了,我还要你的历史笔记
Don’t forget, l need your notes for history.
– 好的,我记住了 – 好,回见
– All right, l got you. – Yeah. See you later.
我买♥♥了去跳舞的票子
l bought us tickets to the dance.
为什么你要把宝宝的事告诉这些大嘴娘们?
Why you telling these loudmouth girls about the baby?
现在人人都会知道了
Now everybody’s gonna know.
别人总会知道的,凯尼恩
People are gonna know, Kenyon.
– 这又不关别人的事,吉拉 – 为什么你要跟我抢白?
– lt’s not people’s business, Kyra. – Why you jumping down my throat?
你是怎么了?
What’s wrong with you?
我和教练谈过了,他觉得我可以去打大学篮球赛
Look, me and coach been talking, and he thinks l can play college ball.
好,然后呢?
All right, so?
我怎么可以一边打比赛,一边养孩子?
So how am l gonna do that and raise a baby?
我不知道,我的意思是我没说这不会很难
l don’t know. l mean, l’m not saying it won’t be hard.
难?已经很难了
Hard? lt’s already hard.
孩子还没生出来,可我已经在担心
The kid ain’t even here yet and l’m worried
要怎么养活他,拿什么去买♥♥这买♥♥那
about how l’m gonna feed it, how l’m gonna pay for this and that.
所有东西
Everything.
– 我没准备好 – 那么你要说什么?
– l’m not ready. – So, what are you saying?
你想逃了?你是不是想这么说?
You want out? ls that what you’re saying?
说呀,说出来
Go ahead and say it.
听我说,假如我想逃,现在就已经逃了,吉拉
Look, if l wanted to be out, l would’ve been out by now, Kyra.
根本不是这样,我爱你
That’s not it at all. l love you.
我要和你在一起
l wanna be with you.
对,只要不麻烦
Yeah, as long as it’s convenient.
我是在考虑怎么做对我们最好
l’m thinking about what’s best for us.
你没有考虑怎么做对我们俩最好
You’re not trying to think about what’s best for both of us,
你只考虑怎么做对你最好
you’re thinking about what’s best for you.
你不想让我把宝宝生下来,你想离开里士满
You don’t want me to have this baby. You wanna leave Richmond.
你想去打大学篮球赛,所以你猜怎么着?
You wanna go play college ball. So guess what?
什么事也不用准备了,行吗?
We ain’t got to be ready enough for nothing, all right?
我已经准备好自己一个人来负担一切
l’m ready enough to do what l gotta do all by my damn self.
这个你拿着吧,一个人去跳舞吧
So you can take these and go to the dance yourself.
进度报告?可你是篮球教练啊?
Progress reports? You’re the basketball coach.
听我说,夫人,我们已经谈过了,我不明白问题出在什么地方
Look, ma’am, we talked about this. l don’t see what the problem is.
你知道什么是API吗,卡特先生?
Do you know what the APl is, Mr. Carter?
不知道
No, l don’t.
学业表现指数
The Academic Performance lndex.
他们用一到十的等级来衡量各个学校,十级是最好的
They judge schools on a scale of one to ten, ten being the best.
你知道里士满是在哪一级吗?
Do you have any idea where Richmond falls on that scale?
不,夫人,我不知道
No, ma’am, l have no idea.
我们是一级,卡特先生,而且已经持续了七年
We’re a one, Mr. Carter, and have been for the last seven years.
州政♥府♥根据学校的表现来发奖金
The state rewards schools for their performance.
所以每年我付给教职员的钱都比较少
So every year l have less money to pay faculty and staff.
– 听我说,夫人… – 可以问一下你想要什么吗?
– Look, ma’am… – Can l ask what it is you want?
– 我想让孩子们上大学 – 大学?
– l want my boys to go to college. – College?
卡特先生,里士满只让百分之五十的学生毕业
Mr. Carter, Richmond graduates 50 percent of its students,
而且女孩的毕业率比较高
the higher percentage being girls.
根据我多年的教学经验,你队里十五个球员
Now, in my very educated opinion, you have 1 5 players on your team,
能有五个毕业就不错了
you’ll be lucky to graduate five of them.
对不起,夫人,可我不同意你的意见
l’m sorry, ma’am, but l don’t agree with you.