这个故事发生在
This is a story that takes place
一个充满奇迹的岛上
on an island full of wonder.
讲述两个迷失的灵魂寻找彼此的故事
The story of two lost souls searching for one another,
虽然他们并没有意识到这一点
although they don’t know that yet.
不信 你看
Because, you see,
不管你感觉多麽孤独或跟周围格格不入
no matter how alone or out of place one feels,
魔法无处不在
magic is all around us
只要你知道去那里找
if you just know where to look.
别紧张 姑娘
Easy, girl.
嘿 当妈妈了 乖孩子
Hey, Mama. Good girl.
来吧 我们会好好照顾你的
Come on. We’re gonna take good care of you.
来吧
Come on.
走吧 小狗狗们
Let’s go, gang.
带你们去动物收♥容♥所♥
We’re going to the pound.
走啦 姑娘 你会没事的
Come on, girl, you’re okay.
来吧 姑娘
Come on, girl.
嘿 食品券
Hey, Food Stamp.
新来的女孩
New girl.
上一个租户把租♥房♥♥信息放到了Airbnb上
The last tenant put the unit on Airbnb.
我们不用那个 因为我们有规矩
We don’t play that ’cause we got rules.
不能转租 不能用水床 不准养宠物
No subletting, no water beds and no pets.
– 你们都明白了吗 – 当然 帕克德先生
– Y’all got that? – Absolutely, Mr. Packard.
我们甚至不会在床上喝水
We won’t even drink water in bed.
嘿 5-C
Hey, 5-C!
如果你妈妈要修洗碗机
If your mama wants her dishwasher repaired,
告诉她试试润滑油
tell her try a little grease.
她明白我在说什麽的
She’ll know what I’m talking about.
好的 帕克德先生
O-Okay, Mr. Packard.
是的 我知道这很重要
Yes, I know it’s important
我不会问的 除非…
and I wouldn’t ask unless…
嘿 妈妈
Hey, Mom.
好吧 我明白
Yeah, okay, I understand.
好的 我会想办法的 好的 谢谢
Yeah, I’ll figure it out. Okay, yeah. Thanks.
帕克德要点小费才会修那个洗碗机
Packard wants a bribe for the dishwasher.
太好了 只要拿一叠百元钞票就行了
Splendid! Just grab a stack of hundreds.
我想钱和金条应该放在一起呢
I think they’re over there by the gold bars
艾琳姨妈把这个租金管制的公♥寓♥留给我们
that Aunt Irene left us in this rent-controlled flat.
今天过得怎麽样 甜心
How was your day, sweetheart?
介于糟糕和恶劣之间
Somewhere between abysmal and atrocious.
这是两个美丽的词
Those are two beautiful words,
如果你没有上过这麽好的学校
which you probably wouldn’t use
你可能都不会用
if you didn’t go to such a good school.
太好了 我将有一个史诗词汇可以
Great! I’ll have an epic vocabulary to use
用于往后几十年的治疗
in my upcoming decades of therapy.
好吧 作为学校的新生确实不容易
Okay. It is hard being the new kid at school.
那些女孩还在骚扰你吗
Those other girls still bothering you?
基本上只有一个女孩 弗洛伦斯
It’s mostly just this one girl, Florence.
– 她叫我“食品券” – 为什麽
– She calls me “Food Stamp.” – Why?
也许是因为我得了奖学金 或者我个子小
Maybe because I’m on scholarship, or I’m small,
还是因为我们刚从北部搬来
or because we just moved here from upstate.
– 我不知道 – 你跟
– I don’t know. – Well, you’re different
学校里的其他孩子不一样
to those other kids at school.
很好
That’s good.
你知道 那些独一无二的人
You know, people who are unique,
他们是改变世界的人
they’re the ones that change the world.
太好了 我会告诉弗洛伦斯的
Great! I’ll tell Florence that.
让我给她妈妈打个电♥话♥
Just let me call her mother.
我们可以请他们到这里来 我们可以一起讨论这个问题
We can have them over here, and we can all talk about it.
天啊 你明白小朋友怎样想吗
My gosh, were you ever a child?
不明白
No.
但我也被欺负过
Um, but I was bullied, too.
你知道 你只需要学会为自己挺身而出
You know, you just have to learn to stand up for yourself.
我想我只是没有你勇敢
Well, I guess I’m just not as brave as you.
我不想引人注目
I don’t want to stand out.
我去换衣服
I’m gonna go change
然后再去收集多些罐子
and then I’ll collect some more cans
为慈善活动做准备
for the charity drive.
你跟你老闆谈过了芝加哥的事吗
Oh, did you talk to your boss about the Chicago thing?
显然 是的
Okay, so, apparently,
这个案件被提前了两週
the case has been moved forward two weeks,
我是唯一一个律师助理…
and I’m the only paralegal who…
妈妈
Mom!
我很抱歉 我只是要离开几天
I am so sorry. I’m just gonna be gone a couple of days.
真的吗
Really?
那麽 谁来陪我
Well, who’s gonna stay with me?
我去找个可爱的保姆 是吗
I’ll get a lovely sitter. Yeah?
只是不是凯西叔叔
Just not Uncle Casey.
你在开玩笑吧 凯西叔叔
Are you kidding? Uncle Casey?
谁把绿色的 M&M巧克力豆当成蔬菜
Who thinks that green M&M’s are vegetables?
不 不 这不是一个选择题
No, no, that is not an option.
嗯 什麽…什麽了…
Mmm! Wh… Wh…
来啦
Coming!
你好啊
Hey there.
抱歉 我只是想小睡一下
Sorry, I was just, uh, grabbing a little power nap,
杰克逊警官
Officer Jackson.
你在这里搞什麽
What’s this you got going on in here?
这只是暂时的
Oh, this is just a temporary thing.
在两套公♥寓♥搬家期间
I’m in between apartments.

Hmm.
你停车超时了
Your meter’s expired.
事实上 没有 停车计价器坏了
Actually, no, the meter is broken.
事实上 没有坏 它一直能用
Actually, no, it’s working.
只是有一个袋盖住了它
It just had this bag over the top of it.
– 哦 谁放的 – 嗯
– Oh! Who put that there? – Hmm.
这个城市的人真没有品
This city. It is so disheartening.
我会把它处理掉的 你想把它给我吗
I’ll get rid of that. Do you want to give me that?
只是…好吧
Just to… Okay.
不 我想把这个给你
No, I want to give you this.
我们能晚点再谈吗 我要迟到了
Can we do this later? I am so late. Okay.
把它给别人吧 把它给出去
Give it to someone else! Pay it forward.

Ooh.
我没事 对不起 我得走了
I’m okay. I’m so sorry. I’ve got to go.
这麽晚了
So late.
啊 热死了 热死了
Ah! Burn. Burn.

Hi.
我是凯西·波特 来见哈林顿先生
Casey Porter here to see Mr. Harrington
关于插画师工作的事
about the illustrator job.
嗨 好的
Hi. Yeah.
预约时间是三点半 现在是四点三
That was at 3:30 and it’s… Mm, it’s 4:15.
哇 他一定说的是山地时间
Wow. Pretty sure he said Mountain Time,
看来我来早了
so guess I’m early.
并没有 抱歉
No. Sorry.
好吧 那麽
Okay, then,
这些可以免费拿吗
are these complimentary?
很遗憾 是的
Sadly, yes.
午餐
Lunch.
白♥痴♥
Idiot!
– 嘿 – 嘿 马利克
– Hey! – Hey, Malik.
我在为学校的筹款活动收集罐子和瓶子
I’m collecting cans and bottles for my school’s fundraiser.
– 你有吗 – 现在马利克闪亮登场
– Do you have anything? – It’s Malik the Magnificent now.
我打算去魔法学校 嘿 你想看魔术表演吗
I’m going to magic school. Hey, do you wanna see a trick?
当然
Sure.
好吧 一副牌
Okay, a deck of cards.

Ooh.
太棒了
Fantastic.
你呢 克鲁尔曼太太
How about you, Mrs. Crullerman?
你有易垃罐给我吗
Do you have any cans for me?
小可爱 这个给你
You can have this one, malyshka.
不 不 等一下
No, no! Moment.
给你
Here.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!