难道她没打破过什么东西吗
it’s not like it matters if she breaks something.
-还是回去把音像店打开吧
-Just go open the video store.
-把音像店开了吧
-Open the video store !
给我闭嘴 傻B
Shut the fuck up, junkie.
-你能不能去把你的音像店打开?
-Would you just go open the video store?
-是啊 你个该死的店员
-Yeah, you cock-smokin’ clerk.
我跟你说过多少次 不要在店前搞这些买♥♥卖♥♥?
How many times have I told you not to be dealing in front of the store ?
我没有做买♥♥卖♥♥ 你们在说什么?
I’m not dealing. What’re you talking about ?
-你有吗 伙计? -你想要什么?
-Have you got anything, man ? -What you want ?
-借下你的车 -我不想和你说话
-Let me borrow your car. -I don’t want to talk to you.
-好啊 但把你的车借给我啊
-Fine. Just let me borrow your car.
-为什么我要把车借给你?
-Why should I loan you my car ?
-我要去租部电影 -你想去租部电影
-I want to rent a movie. -You want to rent a movie.
那又怎么了?
-What’s that for ?
-你在音像店工作! -我那家店比较差劲
-You work in a video store ! -I work in a shitty video store.
我想去家好的音像店 买♥♥些好的电影
I want to go to a good video store so I can get a good movie.
一包香烟
And a pack of cigarettes.
-乖猫猫叫什么名字? -烦人的顾客
-Cute cat. What’s its name ? -Annoying customer.
他妈的白♥痴♥
Fucking dickhead.
你有时能不能对顾客态度好些?
Can you imagine being halfway decent to the customers sometimes ?
-把你的车借给我 -我欠你什么吗?
-Let me borrow your car. -May I be blunt with you ?
你非得这么说的话
If you must.
我们分别是Quick Stop Convenience店和 RST Video店的店员
We are employees of Quick Stop Convenience and RST Video, respectively.
所以 我们对此应该有某种义务
As such, we have certain obligations that,
虽然这好像有点残酷和不寻常
although they may seem cruel and unusual,
-这意味着必须工作到关门为止
-does mean manning the store until closing.
-我明白了
-I see.
那玩曲棍球还有一起参加守丧
So playing hockey and attending wakes
也是标准的执行程序吗?
are standard operating procedures ?
那不同
There’s a difference.
那些不能和任何其他日子相提并论的义务
Those are obligations that couldn’t have been met at any other date.
现在 租带子 那是没有理由的
Now, renting videos, that’s gratuitous,
更别提合不合逻辑了
not to mention illogical,
去你音像店店里工作吧
being that you work at a video store.
-开门吗? -是的
-Are you open ? -Yes.
-我才不管的你理论呢
-I don’t care for your rationale.
-必须这样做 要我车就的这样做
-it’s gonna have to do, being it’s my car up for request.
-我能为你做些什么吗? -一包香烟
-Can I help you ? -A pack of cigarettes.
-你的观点是什么?
-What’s your point ?
-我的观点是 你是店员
-My point is, you’re a clerk,
你就的做你应该做的
paid to do a job.
你不能在你工作的时候想做什么就做什么
You can’t just do anything you want while you’re working.
“太空异形揭露成了时代华纳头条
“”Space alien revealed as head of Time-Warner.
报道使股市上扬”
Report stock increase.””
他们什么屁事都印到报纸上
They print any kind of shit in this paper.
他们当然会这样 3元
They certainly do. Three dollars.
-你的争论是头衔约定行为 -什么?
-Your argument is that title dictates behavior. -What ?
你不让我用你车的原因是
The reason you won’t Let me use your car is because
我有一个头衔和任务单
I have a title and job description,
-并且希望我依照这一原则 对吗?
-and I’m supposed to follow it, right ?
-完全正确
-Exactly.
我曾听过这种说法
I saw one one time that said,
“下一周 世界将会毁灭”
“”The next week, the world is ending.””
但在下一周报纸却说
In the next week’s paper, they said,
“我们在最后关头被
“”We were miraculously saved at the zero hour…
一只考拉和鱼变种后的鸟奇迹般的拯救了”
by a koala-fish mutant bird.””
太他妈的鬼扯了
Crazy shit.
那我在次决定的义务
So I’m no more responsible for my decisions here than, say,
还赶不上一个死在Bosnia的士兵吗?
a death squad soldier in Bosnia ?
那就说的太远了
That’s stretching it.
没有叫你去杀死个孩子或其他什么的
You’re not being asked to slay children or anything.
-是的 还没有 -我记得有一次…
-Yeah, not yet. -And I remember one time–
我要打破你的头 你♥他♥妈♥的傻B!
I’m gonna break your fucking head, you fucking jerk !
-对不起他是想弄我的 -是吗? 呃 他弄错了
-I’m sorry. He meant to hit me. -Yeah ? Well, he missed.
这儿 我退你钱 并向你道歉 好吗?
Here, let me refund your money and we’ll call if even, all right ?
我再也不到这里来了
I’ll never come in here again.
如果再让我看到你 我会把你脑袋打开花的!
And if I see you again, I’m gonna break your fucking head open !
-你干嘛那样干? -两个原因
-What the fuck did you do that for ? -Two reasons.
一 我讨厌对小报新闻喋喋不休
One, I hate it when people can’t shut up about the stupid tabloid headlines.
-哦 上帝
-Oh, Jesus.
-二 为了证明一个观点 头衔不限定行为
-And two, to prove a point. Title does not dictate behavior.
-什么? -如果头衔能限定我的行为
-What ? -lf title dictated my behavior
我必须像店员一样为大众服务
as a clerk serving the public,
我就不能向那家伙脸上吐水了
I wouldn’t be allowed to spit water at that guy,
但是我却吐了
but I did.
我的观点是人们自己决定自己的行为
My point is that people dictate their own behavior.
虽然我在音像店工作
Even though I work in a video store,
我还是要选择去Big Choice租电影
I choose to rent movies at Big Choice.
-同意吗? -你对活人死人都是个危险人物
-Agreed ? -You are a danger to both the dead and the living.
我认为我应该是我自己命运的主宰者
I like to think I’m a master of my own destiny.
-请给我从这里滚出去吧
-Please get the hell outta here.
-我知道我是你心中的英雄
-You know I’m your hero.
我看是有些人需要放松一下了
Sounds to me like somebody needs to hit the gym.
-你说什么?
-Excuse me ?
-我听说当你拿起牛奶时很紧张了
-I heard you strain when you picked up that milk.
-只有七磅重 -我没有紧张 我是在叹气
-it only weighs seven pounds. -I didn’t strain. I sighed.
我可不这么想 那是在咕哝
I don’t think so. That was a grunt.
为帮助肌肉伸张进行深呼吸
A deep inhalation of oxygen to aid in the stretching of muscles.
我是个训练员
I’m a trainer.
我知道那意味着什么你露馅了
I know what that sound signifies. You’re out of shape.
-什么? 我身上可没有那么多脂肪
-What ? There’s no fat on my body.
-当然没有脂肪!
-No fat !
而且没有协调性 你活动太少了
No tone either. You don’t get enough exercise.
-开门吗? -是的
-You open ? -Yes.
-只买♥♥报纸 -35美分
-Just the paper. -Thirty-five.
嘿 呃 我问你一个问题
Hey, uh, let me ask you a question.
你看这家伙体形匀称吗?
Think this guy’s out of shape ?
我不知道 从这看不好说
I don’t know. Can’t really tell from here.
-我 我才不呢 -他就是胖
-I am–I am not ! -He is.
你能做多少个仰卧举重?
How much can you bench ?
-我不知道 -我看最多60 或70个左右吧
-I don’t know. -I’d say about 60, 70, tops.
我可以比那做得更多
I know I can bench more than that.
-354 -不会吧!
-Three-fifty, four. -No way !
摸摸看
Feel that.
嘿 很硬 结实
Hey, that’s tight. Solid.
是啊 现在摸摸这儿 把你袖子捞起来 老板
Yeah. Now feel this. Roll up your sleeve, chief.
-哦 看在上帝的份上! -瞧 他不好意思了
-Oh, for God’s sakes ! -See, you’re ashamed.
我知道你体形匀称
You know you’re out of shape.
这儿 我的名片
Here. Take my card.
我可让你做个免费的有氧减肥计划
I can get you on an aerobics/free weights program.
-开门吗? -是的我体形很好
-Are you open ? -Yes. I’m not out of shape.
对不起 你整天都在这里吗?
Excuse me. Have you been here all day ?
-是的 从今天早上6:00开始
-Yeah, since 6:00 this morning.
-他是该减减腰上的肥肉了
-He’s got those love handles.
我腰上没有肥肉
I don’t have love handles !
-你4:00还在上班吗? -是的
-Were you working here about 4:00 ? -Yes.
-可能是天天
-it’s probably every day
都守在这些吃的旁边的结果吧
from being around all this food.
-哦 我明白了
-Oh, I know.
如果我天天也在这里上班的话
If I had to work here all day,
我也发胀 变得体态肥胖
I’d be bloated and out of shape too.
-我体形很好 -能告诉我你叫什么名字吗?
-I’m not out of shape. -Can I have your name, please ?
Dante Hicks怎么了? 到底是干嘛得?
Dante Hicks. Why ? What’s this all about ?
你是Dante Hicks? 我的上帝 我还没有把你认出来
You’re Dante Hicks ? Oh, my God. I didn’t even recognize you.
-因为他体形都变了! -我认识你吗?
-Because he’s out of shape ! -Do I know you ?
是的你还认得Alyssa Jones? 她原来和…
Yeah. Do you remember Alyssa Jones ? She used to hang out–
-Caitlin Bree! -我是她妹妹
-With Caitlin Bree ! -I’m her sister.
你是Alyssa的妹妹Heather?
You’re Alyssa’s sister Heather ?
-是的 -你 呃 说Caitlin Bree?
-Yeah. -You, uh, say Caitlin Bree ?
-是的 -漂亮的妞?
-Yeah. -Pretty girl ?