比她高些? 苗条的身材?
A little taller than her ? Gorgeous body ?
-是的 -你是Dante Hicks
-Yeah. -And you’re Dante Hicks.
你们是同一所学校 你还玩曲棍球呢
You went to the same school. You played hockey.
-是的 你怎么知道? -你还和她拍拖吗?
-Yeah. How did you know that ? -You still goin’ out with her ?
-没有了 她要结婚了 -和你?
-No, she’s getting married. -To you ?
不嫁给一个亚裔设计师
No. To an Asian design major.
喔 他妈的!
Aw, shit !
不要嫁错人了 但是 呃 我以前还操过她呢
Don’t take this the wrong way, but, uh, I used to fuck her.
-什么? -是的 大约两三年前
-What ? -Yeah, about two, three years ago.
你们还在拍拖的时候
While you two were dating.
那时我还在开一辆黑色的Trans Am
I drove a black Trans Am.
-你是Rick Daress? -是啊
-You’re Rick Daress ? -Yeah.
- 你认识他? -是的
-You know him ? -Yeah.
-Caitlin以前经常提起他 -是吗?
-Caitlin used to talk about him all the time. -Really ?
等等你以前在 我和Caitlin Bree拍拖的时候就操过她了?
Wait a second. You used to fuck Caitlin Bree while I was dating her ?
不 伙计 别放在心上 那是好久以前的事情了
Nah, man, don’t let it bother you. That was a long time ago.
你居然不知道这事 真让我吃惊 Dante
I’m surprised you didn’t know about it, Dante.
学校每个人都知道 甚至我们班上都知道
Everybody in school knew about it. Even in my class.
上帝! 然后呢?
Jesus Christ ! What next ?
-给 -什么?
-Here you go. -What’s this ?
-罚款500 -什么?
-A fine for $500. -What ?
500元? 为什么?
Five hundred bucks ? For what ?
违反了New Jersey法令 第2A章 第170/51条
For violation of New Jersey Statute, Section 2A, Number 170/51.
任何把烟或是与烟相关的产品买♥♥给或送给
Any person who sells or makes available tobacco,
年龄小于18岁一下的人
or tobacco-related products, to persons under the age of 18,
被视为犯法的
is regarded as disorderly.
-你在说什么?
-What are you talkin’ about ?
-一位气愤的母亲打电♥话♥给州税务部门…
-An angry mother called the state division of taxation…
说一个便利店的员工…
and claimed that a Quick Stop employee…
今天下午4:00卖♥♥给她四岁女儿一包香烟
sold her four-year-old daughter a pack of cigarettes at 4:00 today.
New Jersey 税务局打电♥话♥给地方卫生局…
The New Jersey Division of Taxation called the Board of Health…
而他们排我来收缴罚款
and sent me down to issue a fine.
你都承认了你一天都在这里上班
You claimed you were working here all day.
当然是罚你的款了
Hence, the fine is yours.
对于卖♥♥给特别小的孩子还要双倍罚款
The fine is doubled due to the incredibly young age of the child.
可我从来没有卖♥♥过烟给什么小孩啊!
But I didn’t sell any cigarettes to any kids !
你卖♥♥烟给4岁的小孩? 好无♥耻♥啊!
You sold cigarettes to a four-year-old ? What a scumbag !
太恶心了 Dante
That’s sick, Dante.
我没哟卖♥♥烟给任何小孩! 我发誓!
I didn’t sell cigarettes to any kids ! I swear !
缴款期限在最下面
The due date is on the bottom.
这在法庭上是不能争辩的
This summons cannot be contested in any court of law.
在缴款期限之内还没有缴款的话…
Failure to remit before the due date…
将会受到犯罪过失的起诉
will result in a charge of criminal negligence,
并且有权逮捕你
and a warrant will be issued for your arrest.
-祝你好运
-Have a nice day.
-可我根本没有卖♥♥烟给任何孩子啊
-But I didn’t sell any cigarettes to any kids.
嘿 等等!
Hey, wait a minute !
算了吧
Forget it.
我可不想和卖♥♥烟给四岁小孩的家伙打交道
I don’t wanna deal with a guy that sells cigarettes to four-year-olds.
我能 呃 我能帮你提吗?
Can l, uh, give you a lift somewhere ?
当然去做仰卧举重?
Sure. How ’bout the beach ?
我喜欢那样
I like the way you think.
上帝! 还要发生些什么?
Jesus ! What next ?
-Dante? -什么? Caitlin!
-Dante ? -What ? Caitlin !
-你什么时候回家? -现在
-When did you get home ? -Just now.
我真不敢相信 我这么久都没见到你了
I can’t believe it. I haven’t seen you in so long.
Dante 有顾客来了
Dante, you have a customer.
我刚才看到Alyssa的小妹在外面
I just saw Alyssa’s Little sister outside.
-她和Rick Daress一起 -我们不要提她了
-She was with Rick Daress. -Let’s not talk about her.
-你怎么回家? -坐火车要花8个小时
-How’d you get home ? -Train. it took eight hours.
-我真不敢相信你来这里 -对不起你有…
-I can’t believe you’re here. -Excuse me. Do you have–
呃 是的在油后面 你待多久?
Uh, yeah. Back behind the oil. How long you staying ?
到星期一 之后我就得坐火车回去了
Until Monday. Then I have to take the train back.
一包香烟 嘿 恭喜你
Pack of cigarettes. Hey, congratulations.
在今天的报纸上我看到公告了
I saw the announcement in today’s paper.
你知道 她就要嫁给一位亚裔设计师了
You know, she’s marrying an Asian design major.
我知道
So I’m told.
你这样就把店门关了?
You’re just gonna close the store like that ?
我要跟你谈些事 我不想被打断
I wanna talk to you about something, and I don’t wanna be disturbed.
一些我在小报上看到的事
Something I read in the tabloids.
-你看到了 -我想是不是太引人注目了
-You saw it. -Very dramatic, I thought.
-不是你想象那样的
-it is not what you think.
-哦 不是我想象的那样
-Oh, it’s not what I think.
那是怎样 更糟?
What is it, worse ?
你给那个亚裔设计师怀上孩子了?
You’re pregnant with the Asian design major’s child ?
-到底怎么了? -我没有怀孕
-What’s goin’ on here ? -I am not pregnant.
那你想告诉我什么 你要给发个请贴?
Were you gonna tell me, or were you gonna send me an invitation ?
我要告诉你 但我们相处的很好
I was gonna tell you, but we were getting along so well,
我不想弄的大家都不好受
I didn’t wanna mess it up.
你本该很温和的打断我们之间的关系
You could’ve broken it to me gently.
你本该一开始就告诉我你油男朋友了
You could’ve started by telling me you had a boyfriend.
我也要告诉你我有女朋友了
I told you I had a girlfriend.
我知道对不起 但是当我们谈话时
I know. I’m sorry, but when we started talking,
我感觉好像我完全忘记我的男朋友了
it was like I forgot I had a boyfriend.
-他上个月向我求婚的 -你就答应了
-And then he proposed last month. -And you said yes.
呃 可以这样说吧
Well, kind of. Sort of.
你们学校就是这样教你说”
Is that what they teach you in that school of yours ?
可以这样说吧”的吗?
“”Kind of,”” “”sort of”” ?
除了我以外大家都知道这事了
Everybody knows about this except me !
你知道这是多大的耻辱吗?
Do you know how humiliating that is ?
我本该告诉你的
I would’ve told you,
你也本该想个孩子样阻止我的
and you would’ve stopped calling me, like a baby.
-你怎么知道我会阻止你呢?
-How do you know that ?
-因为我了解你
-Because I know you.
你可没有那么理性
You prefer drastic measures to rational ones.
-那你真的要结婚吗? -不
-So you’re really getting married ? -No.
不是真的要结婚?
-You’re not really getting married ?
故事是这样的:他求婚 我告诉他我的想法
The story goes like this: He proposed, I told him I had to think about it,
接着他坚持要我带上戒指
and he insisted that I wear the ring anyway.
接着我母亲就在报纸上说我们订婚了
Then my mother told the paper we were engaged.
-哦 她怎么可以这样
-Oh, how like her.
-我母亲今天早上才告诉我…
-Then my mother called this morning…
公告已经在报纸发布上了
to let me know that the announcement was in the paper.
所以我才赶紧坐火车来这里
That’s when I hopped a train to come back here,
因为我知道你会想不通的
because I knew you’d be a wreck.
-谢谢你的赞同 -我猜对了吗?
-Thanks for the vote of confidence. -Was I right ?
“想不通”是个不好的词
“”Wreck”” is a harsh term.
“情绪失常”还好点 “稍微失常”更好
“”Disturbed”” is more like it. “”Mildly disturbed,”” even.
哦 我爱男子汉的那一面 真是太刺♥激♥了
Oh, I love a macho facade. It is such a turn-on.
-怎么有鞋油味?
-What smells like shoe polish ?
-那你来这里干嘛? 让我舒服点?
-So you came here to what ? To comfort me ?
我需要做的最后一件事就是避免
The last thing I needed was
让你以为我有什么事瞒着你
for you to think I was hiding something from you.
-但是你确实瞒着我了!
-But you were !
-不 我没有 真的没有
-No, I wasn’t ! Not really.
我告诉你了 我还要看其他人的看法
I told you I’d been seeing other people.
是的 但是并不是认真的
Yeah, but not seriously.
上帝 你都准备上教堂了
Christ, you’re ready to walk down the aisle.
我想看看别人的看法和都做了些什么
I think that constitutes something
比起来算不了什么
more than just seeing somebody.
-到底怎么了? -我把戒指还给他了
-What’s going on ? -I’m giving him his ring back.
-什么? -我不想嫁给他
-What ? -I don’t want to marry him.
我现在不想结婚 我现正在毕业期间
I don’t want to get married now. I’m on the verge of graduation.
等毕业以后 我想开始我的事业
I want to go to grad school after this, and then I want to start a career.
我不想做了妻子后 才发现其实…
I don’t want to be a wife first and then have to worry about…
另外一个人更适合我
when I’m gonna fit in the other stuff.
我走了这么长一段路 学习这么努力…
I have come way too far and studied too damn hard…
最后发现我所学的都一钱不值
to let my education go to waste
最后毁在做家庭主妇上了
as a housewife.
我知道我要干什么
And I know that’s what I’d become.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!